PDA

View Full Version : Someone help!

marsaray
12-08-2004, 08:59 AM
I need to find statistics for school (I am at school now) For men and women in the work place. Something like precentages.

Saulbadguy
12-08-2004, 09:01 AM
50/50 is a pretty safe percentage.

marsaray
12-08-2004, 09:03 AM
50/50 is a pretty safe percentage.
Oh your so funny dude. Anyway seriously I need the precentage for equality in the workplace between men and women. I know that men make more and women get more jobs but i need statistics to back it up.
Oh and by the way why are you always on the board do you work or go to school ever?

Lzen
12-08-2004, 09:07 AM
LOL, funny thing is that Saul works for the school district. Well, if you wanna call what he does work. :p

Lzen
12-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Have you tried the US Census Bureau? I'm sure they probably have a site. So a search.

marsaray
12-08-2004, 09:08 AM
LOL, funny thing is that Saul works for the school district. Well, if you wanna call what he does work. :p
Well then what does he do. It sounds like he stays at home and writes on message boards.

Skip Towne
12-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Oh your so funny dude. Anyway seriously I need the precentage for equality in the workplace between men and women. I know that men make more and women get more jobs but i need statistics to back it up.
Oh and by the way why are you always on the board do you work or go to school ever?
So you want us to do your homework for you? Sorry, we're already doing Rainman's job. We're too busy.

PastorMikH
12-08-2004, 09:10 AM
PM Rainman and he can do a poll here for you on whatever you need Stats on.

Too bad the search feature is down because he has probably already done one about whatever you need to know.

Skip Towne
12-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Well then what does he do. It sounds like he stays at home and writes on message boards.
His dad pays him to post on the Planet. It's a tax writeoff.

Iowanian
12-08-2004, 09:11 AM
I use the 60/40 rule with women. Be a half prick-60% of the time, and they'll appreciate the 40% you're being nice to them

Skip Towne
12-08-2004, 09:14 AM
I use the 60/40 rule with women. Be a half prick-60% of the time, and they'll appreciate the 40% you're being nice to them
I'll bet Chiefs4meme would agree with that. Well, maybe not.

marsaray
12-08-2004, 09:14 AM
alright guys polls up help me out.

Iowanian
12-08-2004, 09:16 AM
It depends on the job.

High End Female Prostitutes probably make ALOT more than the He-hookers.

marsaray
12-08-2004, 09:17 AM
It depends on the job.

High End Female Prostitutes probably make ALOT more than the He-hookers.
And crack whores lose all their money. But the point is Im doing this for school and im sure my teacher wouldnt appreciate that response.

Saulbadguy
12-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Pretty much, but I do it from work. Promise you won't call my work and tell on me, ok?

marsaray
12-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Pretty much, but I do it from work. Promise you won't call my work and tell on me, ok?
Dont ask dont tell.

Iowanian
12-08-2004, 09:19 AM
And crack whores lose all their money. But the point is Im doing this for school and im sure my teacher wouldnt appreciate that response.

You obviously know how to use the Internet Mr Potter..........Conjure up a google search spell.

marsaray
12-08-2004, 09:20 AM
You obviously know how to use the Internet Mr Potter..........Conjure up a google search spell.
Or I could make a statistics potion. I need hard poll stuff so this shall work.

Iowanian
12-08-2004, 09:22 AM
I need hard poll .

Russ.................I think its time to talk to the son about watching less BRAVO TV.

marsaray
12-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Russ.................I think its time to talk to the son about watching less BRAVO TV.
Ah queer eye. Who knew you could acceserize so many things. Its positivly fabulus.

Skip Towne
12-08-2004, 09:25 AM
OK. What's the number we shouldn't call?

Rain Man
12-08-2004, 09:26 AM
http://www.census.gov/apsd/cqc/cqc20.pdf

Here you go. It's missing the latest data from the 2000 Census, but it'll give you a good answer to the workforce participation question.

Men are more likely to hold jobs, but primarily because there are still a lot of older women who were career homemakers. The workforce participation rates for younger men and women is probably very close, but men will still be more likely to hold jobs.

On the pay issue, you'll see a lot of statistics that show that men make more money than women. That's kind of true and kind of false. A typical man makes more than a typical woman, but there are two things that really skew that: remember those older women who aren't in the workforce? A lot of them have husbands with 30 or 35 years of experience and they're high-paid senior managers now, and there are fewer women with that experience and that seniority. That tends to push up men's average salaries and push down women's average salaries.

The second reason, which is diminishing over time but still strong, is that women are much more likely to work in sectors that pay lower wages, like retail stores and service jobs. While they're working there for $8.00 an hour, the men are working more in construction and information technology for $15.00 an hour.

If you look at a man and woman who are the same age and work in the same field, you'll tend to see very similar salary levels (though men are still a slight bit higher, to be honest). The difference is real, but it's nowhere near this 30 or 40 percent figure that women's lobbies like to trumpet.

PastorMikH
12-08-2004, 09:30 AM

Here you go. It's missing the latest data from the 2000 Census, but it'll give you a good answer to the workforce participation question.

Men are more likely to hold jobs, but primarily because there are still a lot of older women who were career homemakers. The workforce participation rates for younger men and women is probably very close, but men will still be more likely to hold jobs.

On the pay issue, you'll see a lot of statistics that show that men make more money than women. That's kind of true and kind of false. A typical man makes more than a typical woman, but there are two things that really skew that: remember those older women who aren't in the workforce? A lot of them have husbands with 30 or 35 years of experience and they're high-paid senior managers now, and there are fewer women with that experience and that seniority. That tends to push up men's average salaries and push down women's average salaries.

The second reason, which is diminishing over time but still strong, is that women are much more likely to work in sectors that pay lower wages, like retail stores and service jobs. While they're working there for $8.00 an hour, the men are working more in construction and information technology for $15.00 an hour.

If you look at a man and woman who are the same age and work in the same field, you'll tend to see very similar salary levels (though men are still a slight bit higher, to be honest). The difference is real, but it's nowhere near this 30 or 40 percent figure that women's lobbies like to trumpet.

He should rep you daily for a week for an answer like this.

PastorMikH
12-08-2004, 09:56 AM
I can't even believe this punk kid neg repped me!

Positive Rep to all that Neg rep him!

marsaray
12-08-2004, 09:58 AM

I could have Darth Russ "Neg Rep" you and we all know what his rep abilitys are.

Iowanian
12-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Oh no.....No he didn't.

marsaray
12-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Oh no.....No he didn't.
He'll friggen use his force choke on you.

Iowanian
12-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Your daddy wouldn't want to draw the Wrath of Darth Iowanian.

The only choking of which you know is your chicken, yoda.

redbrian
12-08-2004, 10:14 AM

Another factor that you need to look at is that women tend to be lousy negotiators when it comes to salary (Iím talking mid to upper management level here), this was reported in a recent research project (sorry I have no links, heard it discussed on NPR the other day).

Add in the fact that men also tend to have higher levels of education and professional training.

All of which contributes to higher wages for the male.

However when you truly look at a level playing field

Equal Job
Equal Education
Equal Experience
Equal Time in the work force
Equal negotiating skills

Men and women compare equally in the pay and benefit sector.

Skip Towne
12-08-2004, 10:19 AM

Done. I can cost him around 300 points.

SPchief
12-08-2004, 10:20 AM
I neg repped him

Rain Man
12-08-2004, 12:51 PM

I feel responsible for this, and I'm going to carry that with me for the rest of my life.

|Zach|
12-08-2004, 06:08 PM
something tells me a poll on CP is not quite empirical.

Rain Man
12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
something tells me a poll on CP is not quite empirical.

Now you tell me. There goes my book.

|Zach|
12-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Now you tell me. There goes my book.
Sorry to dissapoint you brother. Now that thats out of the way I have been looking to get someone on board to do my biography...interested?