PDA

View Full Version : NFT: What recourse do I have?

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm so mad I could kill someone right now, but that's beside the point.

I purchased a 1.54 emerald cut platnium engagement ring when I was on a trip to Aruba last summer. I paid through my credit card company so I would have backup.

I bought it because I got a great deal on it. It was an uncertified diamond, but I figured that I could get it certified anywhere.

Anyway, fast forward to 3 weeks ago and went to get it appraised because I planned on proposing before Christmas.

Well, I take it to the appraiser and he laughs at me when I tell him it's 1.54. I say that's impossible that it's not, he says it's impossible that it is.

I take it to another appraiser, he says the same thing.

I call the guy in Aruba, he tells me to take the diamond to his store in Manhattan and they will weigh the diamond in front of me. Low and behold, it's 1.2. I also ask for the Diamond's paperwork, he tells me he will send it, and then tells me he faxed it but I never received it.

I call Aruba very politely and ask him to make this right.
He says give me a couple days to get the right diamond and he will make it right.

Fast forward to today. They call me in the morning and say, "well it doesn't look like we can get a 1.54 uncertified, we can get a 1.50 certified, but you will have to pay a lot more for it."

I kindly tell the guy on the other end that I'm not paying another dime, I want what I paid for, but he says that's impossible now. I tell him that I planned on proposing shortly and this screwed everything up and after getting pist off at the owner several times because of the answers he was giving me, he tells me this is my fault that things are screwed up.

How the F is it my fault that things are screwed up? I freaked out at this point and told them that this is fraud and noone wants to take responsibility for giving me a 1.2 diamond instead of a 1.54 diamond. I told him expect

He keeps saying it's an honest mistake, but none of them want to do anything to make it right besides take forever to find the right stone, but I've spent over 300 dollars already going to their store in NY between travel and lost wages, and just giving me a 1.54 diamond uncertified isn't enough when they screwed me once already.

What recourse do I have? I'm pist off to no end right now.

Thanks in advance.

Dartgod
12-08-2004, 09:56 AM
I think this is a sign that you shouldn't get married.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 09:57 AM

It probably is.

Iowanian
12-08-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry for your troubles Frank.........but your first mistake was buying Jewelry in Aruba.

I don't know what recourse you have. Do you have paperwork stating your diamond is 1.54?

If it is a quality diamond.........If it is a Platinum Ring........and it IS over a carrat..........and you think you got a deal on it........Will it make you any less engaged?

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Heh. I was thinking of posting something similar but passed.

Sorry, I don't have any real advice.

big nasty kcnut
12-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Just give your sweetie the dimond. Then when you make a little more cash you can get a bigger ring for the wedding. She won't care how big it is cause if she love you then size don't matter.

Dartgod
12-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Heh. I was thinking of posting something similar but passed.

Sorry, I don't have any real advice.
Sooooo, that means that in this case I was a bigger a$$hole than you? :hmmm:

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Sooooo, that means that in this case I was a bigger a$$hole than you? :hmmm:
Or, maybe this time I was just the bigger pussy.

Dartgod
She won't care how big it is cause if she love you then size don't matter.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that...

Iowanian
I diamond that big will cause her shoulder and back pain anyway.

I say.....get it cut in half, and make her a neclace for your 10th anniversary.

Kind of like layaway....or a Longevity bonus.

Saulbadguy
I agree with kcnut on this one. Cut your losses now and stop. It sucks that it happened, but it really doesn't matter what carat the diamond is.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry for your troubles Frank.........but your first mistake was buying Jewelry in Aruba.

I don't know what recourse you have. Do you have paperwork stating your diamond is 1.54?

If it is a quality diamond.........If it is a Platinum Ring........and it IS over a carrat..........and you think you got a deal on it........Will it make you any less engaged?

Yes, I have the receipt stating what size the diamond was that I bought.

No, it won't make me any less engaged, but to charge me for their mistake is nonsense.

Saulbadguy
12-08-2004, 10:04 AM
I don't think there will be a diamond on the ring I purchase when I propose. They aren't very rare, they are artificially expensive, and I bet quite a few Africans were mutilated in the process of mining for it.

That and the woman I plan on marrying isn't the materialistic type, thankfully.

Skip Towne
12-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Take it from one who has been there, the screwings are just beginning. Some you will like and some you won't. I'd tell you to forget the whole thing but I know you won't.

jspchief
12-08-2004, 10:06 AM
I'd fly to Aruba and beat the guy's skull in with a baseball bat.

Or just chalk it up to lesson learned.

NewChief
12-08-2004, 10:09 AM

I say.....get it cut in half, and make her a neclace for your 10th anniversary.

Kind of like layaway....or a Longevity bonus.

Or cut in in half, put both of them on the ring, and tell her those rocks are symbolic of your balls, which she now has wrapped around her finger.

Skip Towne
12-08-2004, 10:10 AM

No, no, that's tits that does that.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 10:12 AM
I don't think there will be a diamond on the ring I purchase when I propose. They aren't very rare, they are artificially expensive, and I bet quite a few Africans were mutilated in the process of mining for it.

That and the woman I plan on marrying isn't the materialistic type, thankfully.
Whoa... Boozer stole Saulbadguy's password.

Rain Man
12-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Well, you already know Lesson #1, which is to never buy anything expensive in a developing country.

Your only recourse is to write to their Attorney General or other agency, and let them know that you were ripped off. That will accomplish nothing, most likely.

Your other recourse is to go to every travel site you can think of and very politely and factually warn travelers to avoid this shop. Then call up the crooks and let them know that you're doing it. When they threaten, scream, and cry, tell them that you can fix it, but only if they send you the jewel that you paid for.

KCTitus
12-08-2004, 10:13 AM
I'd consider yourself lucky that what you got was actually a diamond. Sorry you got shafted, but isn't 1.2 good enough...Im not even sure I could tell the difference.

jspchief
12-08-2004, 10:18 AM
. They aren't very rare, they are artificially expensive, and I bet quite a few Africans were mutilated in the process of mining for it.

Wha? I thought that's what made them so valuable. My dad told me that a carat stands for every ten Africans mutilated. I thought I had done well buying a diamond that 15 Africans had been mutilated for.

ROYC75
12-08-2004, 10:22 AM
.34 ? Really, how else to you expect them to make a profit frank ?

Seriously tho, You can probally chalk this one up to experence, not many options if they aren't willing. it wil get costly to pursue it very much.

Doubt she is going to turn the ring down because of size.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 10:26 AM
.34 ? Really, how else to you expect them to make a profit frank ?

Seriously tho, You can probally chalk this one up to experence, not many options if they aren't willing. it wil get costly to pursue it very much.

Doubt she is going to turn the ring down because of size.

No, I know that.

But when I talked to them before, they said they could give me a 1.94 diamond, but it's 2,500 dollars more on top of what I paid and it's roughly the same color and clarity.

If .40 carats is 2,500 then .34 has to be a lot of money and that's my gripe.

Chiefnj
12-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Instead of getting a "great deal" on a 1.5 rock you ended up getting a fair deal on a 1.2 rock??

I find it odd that you incurred time off/lost wages etc., and traveled to "his" store to weigh the diamond after it weighed less at other jewelers. Why should it weigh any different at his place??

If the problem is that the woman is demanding a 1.5 diamond then you have bigger problems than getting a little short changed on your "great deal." If she doesn't care, forget about it, move on and enjoy your life together.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Instead of getting a "great deal" on a 1.5 rock you ended up getting a fair deal on a 1.2 rock??

I find it odd that you incurred time off/lost wages etc., and traveled to "his" store to weigh the diamond after it weighed less at other jewelers. Why should it weigh any different at his place??

If the problem is that the woman is demanding a 1.5 diamond then you have bigger problems than getting a little short changed on your "great deal." If she doesn't care, forget about it, move on and enjoy your life together.

The appraisers I took it to wouldn't weight it because I didn't purchase it from there - they wouldn't take it out of the setting.

But they compared a 1.5 to the ring that I had and you could see the difference side-by-side.

But the store in Manhattan just has a working relationship with the store in Aruba. They work on the rings from there to ship to people in the US. They are the ones that told me that they should do above and beyond to make this right because of their mistake.

I did incurred lost wages because when you are a freelance writer, if you can't write an article that day then you don't get paid. It's not like I'm salary anywhere yet. Plus, parking and traveling 3 hours into Manhattan is damn expensive.

No, she's not demanding anything. She doesn't even know that I have it.

But moving on and learning from the expereince isn't an option when a grand is involved in the difference.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 10:31 AM
But moving on and learning from the expereince isn't an option when a grand is involved in the difference.

Really? Kinda describes a weekend in Vegas for me. Well, except for the "learning from it" part.

Donger
12-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Man. Should have done what I did.

Got a CZ one-carat engagement ring from QVC. Cost about $80.

Stupid wife still thinks it's a real rock.

KCTitus
12-08-2004, 10:33 AM
A grand for a 1.2? Not bad...I paid 800 for a .5 in 1992, so I'd say you got a great deal or I got really hosed...

I dunno about that stuff, really, it's real and the wife is happy.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Really? Kinda describes a weekend in Vegas for me. Well, except for the "learning from it" part.

I wish I had your bank account then.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 10:34 AM
A grand for a 1.2? Not bad...I paid 800 for a .5 in 1992, so I'd say you got a great deal or I got really hosed...

I dunno about that stuff, really, it's real and the wife is happy.

No, the 1.2 wasn't a grand. There is over a grand difference between the 1.54 and the 1.2.

Chief Henry
12-08-2004, 10:35 AM
That sucks did you stop in Aruba on a cruise or did you fly thier and spend several days their? If you stopped at the store on a cruise, I would contact the cruise line too. The cruise lines are all hooked up many of the jewelry stores.

Other than that......"caveat emptor" comes to mind.

Chiefnj
No, she's not demanding anything. She doesn't even know that I have it.

Unless she reads this board.

Seriously, you should sell it and/or sue the shop in NYC. If she says yes, you'll always look at her hand and instead of being happy you'll think "that SOB in Aruba..." It'll eat away at you forever.

The Bad Guy
That sucks did you stop in Aruba on a cruise or did you fly thier and spend several days their? If you stopped at the store on a cruise, I would contact the cruise line too. The cruise lines are all hooked up many of the jewelry stores.

Other than that......"caveat emptor" comes to mind.
I fly there pretty much every year.

I'll definitely be paying a visit to the store when I head back in June.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 10:36 AM
I wish I had your bank account then.
If I never went to Vegas you might.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Unless she reads this board.

Seriously, you should sell it and/or sue the shop in NYC. If she says yes, you'll always look at her hand and instead of being happy you'll think "that SOB in Aruba..." It'll eat away at you forever.

That's a great point, and one I didn't think about.

I think starting over with a new ring is the best idea. Since I charged it, I can have discover go after them for the money.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 10:38 AM
If I never went to Vegas you might.

I went there last March and thought I was going to have to donate blood and plasma to pay my bills the month after.

Baby Lee
12-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Well, you already know Lesson #1, which is to never buy anything expensive in a developing country.
I thought it was "never get involved in a land war in Asia."

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 10:41 AM
I went there last March and thought I was going to have to donate blood and plasma to pay my bills the month after.
Well, thankfully my bank account isn't *quite* that low.

Tho, if I were to donate blood... I could save money at the bar that night.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Are you just gonna slow piece together that whole scene over the next few days?

Baby Lee
12-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Are you just gonna slow piece together that whole scene over the next few days?
Inconceivable!!!

Groan, had to be done. And I think you know it.

NewChief
12-08-2004, 11:12 AM

My wife is into heirlooms and tradition, so I got my great grandmother's old wedding ring and gave it to her. She loved it more than anything. Total cost= $0.

Well, that's not true. I had to buy a shovel and a pry bar to open the coffin.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 11:23 AM
My wife is into heirlooms and tradition, so I got my great grandmother's old wedding ring and gave it to her. She loved it more than anything. Total cost= $0.

Well, that's not true. I had to buy a shovel and a pry bar to open the coffin.
Still a hell of a deal.

Amnorix
12-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Well, let's see, here are your options, in no particular order:

1. Call the Better Business Bureau (or equivalent) in Aruba to complain.

2. Call the Aruba police and try to file a fraud claim. They will probably ignore you and suggest you fly to Aruba to "verify" matters or somesuch in order to get you to go away.

3. Fly to Aruba, buy a gun, kill him. I don't recommend this.

4. Move on with your life.

I think #4 recommends itself well, unfortunately.

Amnorix
12-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Inconceivable!!!

Groan, had to be done. And I think you know it.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

TheNextStep
12-08-2004, 11:37 AM
She won't care how big it is cause if she love you then size don't matter.

That's just something that guys with small diamonds say...

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Frank,

Take your honeymoon to aruba, take a dump on his counter and then walk out.

Try discussing this with your credit card company.

NewChief
12-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Still a hell of a deal.

I'm so dissapointed in CP that you're the only one to bite on a little graverobbing humor.

KCTitus
12-08-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm so dissapointed in CP that you're the only one to bite on a little graverobbing humor.

I came in late...I wanted to joke about Home Depot not allowing you to return the shovel and prybar, but I coudnt find the right punchline.

NewChief
12-08-2004, 12:36 PM
I came in late...I wanted to joke about Home Depot not allowing you to return the shovel and prybar, but I coudnt find the right punchline.

I'm reassured. I thought I had found some line of taste and decorum that CP members just wouldn't cross.

Speaking of:
A while back there was a thread about bad jokes. I think EnD told one about, "A little girl and a serial killer were walking through the dark woods alone and the little girl turns to the serial killer and tells him she's scared. The serial killer replies, "You think you're scared. I gotta walk outta here alone."

I don't suggest you try that joke offline. It was the cause of an extremely uncomfortable moment for me at a party.

Rain Man
12-08-2004, 12:44 PM

Oh. You're right. Mine was Lesson #2.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm reassured. I thought I had found some line of taste and decorum that CP members just wouldn't cross.

Speaking of:
A while back there was a thread about bad jokes. I think EnD told one about, "A little girl and a serial killer were walking through the dark woods alone and the little girl turns to the serial killer and tells him she's scared. The serial killer replies, "You think you're scared. I gotta walk outta here alone."

I don't suggest you try that joke offline. It was the cause of an extremely uncomfortable moment for me at a party.
ROFL

I heard that joke in "real life". I tell it all the time.

NewChief
12-08-2004, 01:11 PM
ROFL

I heard that joke in "real life". I tell it all the time.

Maybe I just don't tell it right. When I told it, silence ensued at the punchline and people suddenly had to go have a smoke or refill their drinks.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Maybe I just don't tell it right. When I told it, silence ensued at the punchline and people suddenly had to go have a smoke or refill their drinks.
Maybe a church social wasn't the best venue...

memyselfI
12-08-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm so mad I could kill someone right now, but that's beside the point.

I purchased a 1.54 emerald cut platnium engagement ring when I was on a trip to Aruba last summer. I paid through my credit card company so I would have backup.

I bought it because I got a great deal on it. It was an uncertified diamond, but I figured that I could get it certified anywhere.

Anyway, fast forward to 3 weeks ago and went to get it appraised because I planned on proposing before Christmas.

Well, I take it to the appraiser and he laughs at me when I tell him it's 1.54. I say that's impossible that it's not, he says it's impossible that it is.

I take it to another appraiser, he says the same thing.

I call the guy in Aruba, he tells me to take the diamond to his store in Manhattan and they will weigh the diamond in front of me. Low and behold, it's 1.2. I also ask for the Diamond's paperwork, he tells me he will send it, and then tells me he faxed it but I never received it.

I call Aruba very politely and ask him to make this right.
He says give me a couple days to get the right diamond and he will make it right.

Fast forward to today. They call me in the morning and say, "well it doesn't look like we can get a 1.54 uncertified, we can get a 1.50 certified, but you will have to pay a lot more for it."

I kindly tell the guy on the other end that I'm not paying another dime, I want what I paid for, but he says that's impossible now. I tell him that I planned on proposing shortly and this screwed everything up and after getting pist off at the owner several times because of the answers he was giving me, he tells me this is my fault that things are screwed up.

How the F is it my fault that things are screwed up? I freaked out at this point and told them that this is fraud and noone wants to take responsibility for giving me a 1.2 diamond instead of a 1.54 diamond. I told him expect

He keeps saying it's an honest mistake, but none of them want to do anything to make it right besides take forever to find the right stone, but I've spent over 300 dollars already going to their store in NY between travel and lost wages, and just giving me a 1.54 diamond uncertified isn't enough when they screwed me once already.

What recourse do I have? I'm pist off to no end right now.

Thanks in advance.

You are hosed unless you used a credit card. If you did you MIGHT have a recourse thru your credit card company but Aruba might not be covered under US laws so you might not.

Sorry.

HarryParatestes
12-08-2004, 02:08 PM

Hey be careful Hombre! My daughter works in a high end jewelry store. One day a "better-than-everyone-else" snoot climbed out of her Jag ,walked in to have her 5 carat diamond engagement ring cleaned and repaired for the 10Th Wedding Ani.

The jeweler appraised it for insurance purposes at 200$ . Best looking hunk of CZ he'd even seen.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey be careful Hombre! My daughter works in a high end jewelry store. One day a "better-than-everyone-else" snoot climbed out of her Jag ,walked in to have her 5 carat diamond engagement ring cleaned and repaired for the 10Th Wedding Ani.

The jeweler appraised it for insurance purposes at 200$ . Best looking hunk of CZ he'd even seen.

Did you get the name of the jeweler where the ring was purchased?

HarryParatestes
12-08-2004, 02:14 PM

Nope. But I live 700 miles from KC.

memyselfI
12-08-2004, 02:15 PM

QVC, it's called Diamonique.

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?class=1001&cont=mhjw

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/j/16/j06116.001?$proddetailmain$

TheNextStep
12-08-2004, 02:40 PM
So, Harry... the question is did the jeweler tell Sister Bertha Better-Than-You what her ring was really worth or not?

Donger
12-08-2004, 02:45 PM

I was just kidding. My wife picked it out. She wanted a house more than an overpriced piece of carbon.

Dave Lane
12-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Yes, I have the receipt stating what size the diamond was that I bought.

No, it won't make me any less engaged, but to charge me for their mistake is nonsense.

There was no mistake. Your screwed don't buy jewelry out of the country and be happy it is even a diamond with all the new fake diamonds out there.

jynni
12-08-2004, 02:56 PM
No, the 1.2 wasn't a grand. There is over a grand difference between the 1.54 and the 1.2.

Can't they just refund the $1000 difference?

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Well I just got off the phone with them again, after threatening to call Discover, they agreed to refund my money.

I have to take the ring to their service place in Manhattan on Monday and I'll get my refund.

I'm going to wait a couple months before I decide to buy one again. Hopefully this wasn't a bad omen or something.

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

memyselfI
12-08-2004, 03:18 PM
There was no mistake. Your screwed don't buy jewelry out of the country and be happy it is even a diamond with all the new fake diamonds out there.

The 'mistake' was buying non-certified diamonds outside the US and believing you were buying what you were told the diamond was. I bet you were told the diamond was also IF or VVS1 and somewhere D thru J was well. :shake:

Saulbadguy
12-08-2004, 03:20 PM
So..who supports DeBeers?

Donger
12-08-2004, 03:21 PM
So..who supports DeBeers?

So many possibilities with this one...

Saulbadguy
12-08-2004, 03:22 PM
So many possibilities with this one...
heh

tk13
12-08-2004, 03:22 PM
I bet you were told the diamond was also IF or VVS1 and somewhere D thru J was well.

This thread is like reading a message board in a foreign language, I have no idea what anything in this sentence means.

Donger
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
This thread is like reading a message board in a foreign language, I have no idea what anything in this sentence means.

Those are diamond clarity and color classifications.

Dave Lane
12-08-2004, 03:29 PM
The 'mistake' was buying non-certified diamonds outside the US and believing you were buying what you were told the diamond was. I bet you were told the diamond was also IF or VVS1 and somewhere D thru J was well. :shake:

Hell why not D Flawless while you are at it!

Dave

Skip Towne
12-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Well I just got off the phone with them again, after threatening to call Discover, they agreed to refund my money.

I have to take the ring to their service place in Manhattan on Monday and I'll get my refund.

I'm going to wait a couple months before I decide to buy one again. Hopefully this wasn't a bad omen or something.

Thanks for all the replies, guys.
So the engagement is off for now?

Cochise
12-08-2004, 03:37 PM

I have to agree with Duhnise (gag)

Look around the web, in your email inbox, or at news relating to internet fraud. Scams are seemingly so frequently run from overseas because you won't have a legal recourse to get your money back.

If you get a refund you are EXTREMELY lucky here, in my judgement.

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm going to wait a couple months before I decide to buy one again.

How many women are you getting engaged to?

memyselfI
12-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Hell why not D Flawless while you are at it!

Dave

I didn't think anyone would be THAT stoooooopid. Guess I give some folks too MUCH credit. ;) :p

memyselfI
12-08-2004, 03:50 PM

You'd better educate yourself if you plan on buying or insuring a diamond someday...

http://www.diamonds.com/4cs.html

ENDelt260
12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
How many women are you getting engaged to?
Er, I'm a retard. I initially read that post that he was just getting the difference refunded and keeping the ring. Not giving back the ring and getting a full refund.

Duh.

memyselfI
12-08-2004, 03:56 PM
I have to agree with Duhnise (gag)

Look around the web, in your email inbox, or at news relating to internet fraud. Scams are seemingly so frequently run from overseas because you won't have a legal recourse to get your money back.

If you get a refund you are EXTREMELY lucky here, in my judgement.

Yeah, and even when you think you are educated and have done your homework a new scam pops up and you are sucked in as I've recently learned from the Quebec company Mypaysystems.com. If anyone has has made an internet purchase that used this vendor good luck getting a refund if the purchase goes bad. :shake: :cuss:

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 04:42 PM
I didn't think anyone would be THAT stoooooopid. Guess I give some folks too MUCH credit. ;) :p
Stick it up your ass.

The appraiser said the color and clarity were what I was told they were.
The only difference was the diamond size.

Plus, I didn't buy it from a mom & pop store in Aruba. I bought it from one of the biggest retailers there who have stores throughout the world.

Denise calling me stupid is Ron Artest telling someone they need anger management.

I pity the fool that dropped to one knee and said I do to your hairy, dyke ass.

Shouldn't you be commenting on your daughters chest size or something in another thread?

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 04:44 PM
And just so you guys know, if you make a credit card purchase and that retailer is out of the country and accepts the credit card, the same rules apply.

You can contest any purchase and they will handle the recourse.

tk13
12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
You'd better educate yourself if you plan on buying or insuring a diamond someday...

http://www.diamonds.com/4cs.html
I'm not sure there's enough alcohol in the universe to convince a woman to make me buy one of those for her. :)

Rain Man
12-08-2004, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure there's enough alcohol in the universe to convince a woman to make me buy one of those for her. :)

You've never had sex, have you?

memyselfI
12-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Stick it up your ass.

The appraiser said the color and clarity were what I was told they were.
The only difference was the diamond size.

Plus, I didn't buy it from a mom & pop store in Aruba. I bought it from one of the biggest retailers there who have stores throughout the world.

Denise calling me stupid is Ron Artest telling someone they need anger management.

I pity the fool that dropped to one knee and said I do to your hairy, dyke ass.

Shouldn't you be commenting on your daughters chest size or something in another thread?

Wow, I wasn't talking about you specifically...

I was talking about anyone who would believe that D flawless diamonds exist for public consumption...I don't recall specifically indicating that meant you. But nice for you to jump on the defensive and make the clarification to erase any doubt. :thumb: ROFL

Logical
12-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Overcome the the outcome this post has been deleted

Inspector
12-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Glad it worked out Bad Guy.

In the ledger of life, waaay over in the far right hand column, the heading is "experience".

I have more entries there than anywhere else.

Fortunately, it sounds like you won't have to chalk this one up in that column.

Good luck on the marriage thing. It can be great!

Logical
12-08-2004, 08:16 PM

Well it looks like I should have read the thread first. Congratulations I hope they come through for you.

Logical
12-08-2004, 08:23 PM

Just curious, are you putting off the engagement or just buying the engagement ring. Seems a little odd you would put off your plans for engagement based on a shoddy ring buying experience.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Just curious, are you putting off the engagement or just buying the engagement ring. Seems a little odd you would put off your plans for engagement based on a shoddy ring buying experience.

The thing is around my area, diamonds are really, really expensive right now for some reason.

I'm putting off buying the ring. I know she's the one without a doubt, but for me to afford something decent now around here, it's going to take me a while.

I didn't plan on getting married soon anyway, so actually I'm in no big hurry. I'll bargin hunt for a while until I find a good deal. But I did learn some valuable lessons from that experience and will be much more careful next time.

Logical
12-08-2004, 08:38 PM
The thing is around my area, diamonds are really, really expensive right now for some reason.

I'm putting off buying the ring. I know she's the one without a doubt, but for me to afford something decent now around here, it's going to take me a while.

I didn't plan on getting married soon anyway, so actually I'm in no big hurry. I'll bargin hunt for a while until I find a good deal. But I did learn some valuable lessons from that experience and will be much more careful next time.

Thanks for the response. Good luck at finding the ring and price that fits your desires. I hope you two have a wonderful wedding when the time comes.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the response. Good luck at finding the ring and price that fits your desires. I hope you two have a wonderful wedding when the time comes.

Thanks Vlad. I appreciate that.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Frank...

If you need help with buying a ring send me an e-mail. Marisa will help you.