PDA

View Full Version : Glazer reporting Holmes to IR

nmt1
12-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Glazer: Holmes out for remainder of the season
Story Tools: Print Email
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 22 minutes ago

Priest Holmes' season is officially over. FOXSports.com has learned the Chiefs have placed Holmes on injured reserve ending his season.

Holmes has been out with an MCL sprain, and recently teammates and coaches have started to wonder if he would play again this year. That question has put to rest.
Derrick Blaylock and former first rounder Larry Johnson will fill in for the rest of the season.

Source (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3232806)

Iowanian
12-09-2004, 11:15 AM
who didn't know this was coming........since he posted on his website a week ago that his season was over?

ChiTown
12-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Glazer: Holmes out for remainder of the season
Story Tools: Print Email
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 22 minutes ago

Priest Holmes' season is officially over. FOXSports.com has learned the Chiefs have placed Holmes on injured reserve ending his season.

Holmes has been out with an MCL sprain, and recently teammates and coaches have started to wonder if he would play again this year. That question has put to rest.
Derrick Blaylock and former first rounder Larry Johnson will fill in for the rest of the season.

Source (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3232806)

This actually is a good thing, to be honest. Let the guy rehab the knee without further damage, and hopefuly he'll be able to go 100% in 2005/

Good luck to Priest and thanks for working your tail off this year!

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 11:16 AM
This is bad news, now he wont even be at the stadium come gameday eating nachos, he'll probably go home.

ChiTown
12-09-2004, 11:17 AM
This is bad news, now he wont even be at the stadium come gameday eating nachos, he'll probably go home.

Not a chance. Stadium Nachos and Stadium beer are a helluvalot better, especially when they are free......

nmt1
12-09-2004, 11:18 AM
This actually is a good thing, to be honest. Let the guy rehab the knee without further damage, and hopefuly he'll be able to go 100% in 2005/

I was hoping he would come back. I could use him fantasy wise but I agree with you. Maybe he can break the record next year.

Cormac
12-09-2004, 11:19 AM
What sucks about all this is he was having an AWESOME season. Congratulations Priest.

We'll miss you.

ENDelt260
12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Well, at least we get a full season out of him every other year, I guess.

Tuckdaddy
12-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Not a chance. Stadium Nachos and Stadium beer are a helluvalot better, especially when they are free......
FREE? FREE?

HE HAD BETTER BE PAY'IN FOR THAT SHIT!

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 11:24 AM
FREE? FREE?

HE HAD BETTER BE PAY'IN FOR THAT SHIT!

Knowing what we all know about Carl, Im sure he does...maybe he gets them at half price. That's what the vendors got, anyway, back in the day.

el borracho
12-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Does this make room for someone else on the team? If so, I wonder who.

ChiTown
12-09-2004, 11:27 AM

Depending upon where Priest sits during home games. It could open up a spot in the Luxury Suites if he starts acting like a team player and stays on the sidelines....... :)

nmt1
12-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Keep in mind that this has only been reported by Jay Glazer. There's nothing on KCChiefs.com so it's not official yet.

HC_Chief
12-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Why put him on IR? Wouldn't it be better to keep him listed as Questionable? That forces the opponent to have to prepare for the possibility of Holmes playing.

Oh.... forgot.... season is already tanked.
Screw it :D

nmt1
12-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Why put him on IR? Wouldn't it be better to keep him listed as Questionable? That forces the opponent to have to prepare for the possibility of Holmes playing.

Oh.... forgot.... season is already tanked.
Screw it :D

If we put him on IR we can bring up the guy from our practice squad that's gonna solve all our problems. You know kinda like Shawn Barber/Rich Scanlon.

Bob Dole
12-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Keep in mind that this has only been reported by Jay Glazer. There's nothing on KCChiefs.com so it's not official yet.

It's on NFL.com

nmt1
12-09-2004, 11:32 AM
It's on NFL.com

Hadn't been there yet. I'm sure it'll show up on KCChiefs.com soon then.

ROYC75
12-09-2004, 11:33 AM

Probally Ronnie Cruz .....

ROYC75
12-09-2004, 11:37 AM
If we put him on IR we can bring up the guy from our practice squad that's gonna solve all our problems. You know kinda like Shawn Barber/Rich Scanlon.

Oh that's BS,you know that, Barber was an OLB and Rich is a MLB..... Get it right, would ya ! :rolleyes: ROFL

HC_Chief
12-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Perhaps they'll finally activate Parker or Wilson?

nmt1
12-09-2004, 11:44 AM

I believe Parker is already on the 53 man roster. Smith, McIntyre and Booth are the only WR's listed on the practice squad.

Source (http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/#practice%20squad)

el borracho
12-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Barber is out for the season and Scanlon is already on the roster.

el borracho
12-09-2004, 11:46 AM
I believe they are both on the roster.

nmt1
12-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Barber is out for the season and Scanlon is already on the roster.

Scanlon took Barber's roster spot when he was placed on IR.

Smith is listed on the practice squad. Parker is on the 53 man roster and was active last Sunday I believe.

HC_Chief
By 'activate' I mean gameday roster. What is that, 47 players? (DV always bitches about it)

I want to see Parker and Wilson get some PT.

Wile_E_Coyote
I wonder if this means there is more $$ with roster bonuses(edit:incentives) not met

el borracho
12-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Or maybe, like the cap space, we will elect to just not use it. We'll just go with 52 players.

nmt1
12-09-2004, 11:51 AM
By 'activate' I mean gameday roster. What is that, 47 players? (DV always bitches about it)

I want to see Parker and Wilson get some PT.

I thought you might have meant that after I posted. Parker was active last week or the week before I think. He got in on one play.
I'd like to see both get some time too. I'm not holding out a lot of hope for Wilson though.

Bwana
12-09-2004, 11:55 AM

True, but if he keeps that up, he will be big enough to use as a DT next year. :)

ROYC75
12-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Parker has seen the field for 1 play.

As for the roster spot ? My guess is Ronnie Cruz, BTA it could be anybody.

Gaz
12-09-2004, 12:03 PM
You had to suspect this was coming.

The good news is that it does not impact our playoff hopes.

xoxo~
Gaz
Relieved, actually.

HC_Chief
12-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Whoa... Parker was in for a play?! What game was that?

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 12:05 PM

I couldn't have said it better.

ROYC75
12-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Scott Connot
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/12/09/rb_priest_holmes_placed_on_ir_s_scott_connot_added_to_active_roster/

RB Priest Holmes Placed on IR, S Scott Connot Added to Active Roster
Dec 09, 2004, 12:00:01 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Thursday that the club has placed RB Priest Holmes on the Reserve/Injured List. Taking Holmes’ place on the Chiefs active roster is S Scott Connot, who was promoted from the practice squad and agreed to the terms of a three-year contract with the club. G/C Aaron Johnson was added to the developmental squad, taking Connot’s spot.

“Priest Holmes is making steady progress on the rehabilitation of his right knee,” Peterson commented. “Unfortunately, that rehabilitation is taking longer than originally anticipated, meaning Priest is running out of time to be healthy enough to play in 2004.

“Upon conversation with Priest, our team doctors and medical staff, we have made the decision to place Priest on Injured Reserve,” Peterson continued. “Our team doctors and medical personnel expect Priest to make a full recovery and to be 100 percent for the 2005 season.”

Holmes (5-9, 213) started the first eight games of the year at running back for the Chiefs before suffering a right MCL strain at Tampa Bay (11/7). At the time of the injury, Holmes was leading the NFL in rushing yards, points and touchdowns. The eighth-year veteran finished the season with 892 yards rushing on 196 carries with 15 touchdowns. He also hauled in 19 passes for 187 yards with one TD.

In a 56-10 win vs. Atlanta (10/24) he scored four of the Chiefs NFL-record eight rushing TDs. The following week vs. Indianapolis (10/31), Holmes recorded 225 total yards from scrimmage, making him the Chiefs all-time leader in career yards from scrimmage with 7,583, surpassing the previous mark owned by WR Otis Taylor (7,467). Remarkably, Holmes set the record in just 53 games. Taylor registered his numbers in 130 contests with the Chiefs. Those two outstanding games, plus impressive efforts at Baltimore (10/4) and Jacksonville (10/17) earned Holmes AFC Player of the Month honors for the month of October.

Since the start of the 2001 season, Holmes leads the NFL with 70 rushing TDs and 324 rushing first downs. The three-time Pro Bowler trails only San Diego’s LaDainian Tomlinson with 5,482 rushing yards and 7,645 yards from scrimmage and is second behind Green Bay’s Ahman Green with 24 100-yard games over that span.

The San Antonio, Texas prep product entered the league as a rookie free agent with Baltimore before signing with the Chiefs as a free agent in 2001. The University of Texas alum attended Marshall High School in San Antonio.

Connot (6-3, 216) has spent the past 11 weeks on the Chiefs practice squad after originally joining the club as a rookie free agent. Connot was a three-year starter at free safety for NCAA Division II South Dakota State, appearing in 34 games. The Spencer, Nebraska native led the team in tackles his final two seasons with the Jackrabbits, finishing his career with 234 total tackles (142 solo), with 7.5 coming behind the line of scrimmage, along with 1.0 sack, 18 pass defensed and eight interceptions. Connot was a two-way star at Spencer-Naper (NE) High School, racking up 266 tackles on defense, while totaling 2,336 yards passing and 2,254 yards rushing on offense.

Johnson (6-3, 323) joins the Chiefs practice squad after four seasons in the Arena Football League with the Indiana Firebirds and the Colorado Crush. Johnson appeared on both the offensive and defensive lines playing in 18 games (two starts) and also saw action in three playoff contests. Johnson was four-year letterwinner at Ball State starting 41 games over his career with the Cardinals. The Cloquet, Minnesota native prepped at Cloquet High Scho

Brock
12-09-2004, 12:07 PM
It must have been the nachos.

nmt1
12-09-2004, 12:09 PM

It was San Diego or Oakland. Don't remember exactly when.

ROYC75
12-09-2004, 12:09 PM

I'm thinking it was the SD game... got in for 1 play.

Skip Towne
12-09-2004, 12:20 PM
It was San Diego or Oakland. Don't remember exactly when.
What color jersey was he wearing?

ROYC75
12-09-2004, 12:48 PM
What color jersey was he wearing?

ROFL

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Parker did not play in either the Oakland or SD game...he was suited however.

Sure-Oz
12-09-2004, 01:12 PM
About time, I really want to know what his status would've been if we had been in the hunt. Wonder if he would've been able to come back. What the hell is his injury anyway? So many retarded mysteries.