PDA

View Full Version : Urgent reply needed. Download/Cd Burn question

Frankie
12-09-2004, 12:24 PM
I've downloaded a bunch of comedy pieces (using Real Player), enough to put on two 80-minute CDs. The first one went perfect last night. An hour ago I arranged the cuts for the second CD (a little over 79 minutes, just like the first one). I starded the burn process and left. I'm back expecting it to be done. The first 27 cuts were on the CD (as indicated by the program) but Real Player was stuck on the last cut at 84%. The disc icon was turning but not going past 84%! It never went to the 'finilize' stage. I Couldn't bypass it. Thinking it was siply a bad blank I tried to do it again, but the cd-writer drive would not open. So I restarted the computer and extracted the CD. However, my second attempt is doing the same exact thing. :banghead:

HELP!

My layman's suspicion:

The reason this was the last cut in the arrangement is because it has a (downloaded) 27 second pause at the end of it. The actual material is 1:53 min long but the downloaded duration is 2:20. Could that be causing Real Player to get confused? If so is there a way to bypass this and manually make it go to the finalize stage? At 84% I figure the material itself is already burned onto the CD. Just need to finish it. That piece BTW is probably the funniest cut on the CD (another reason it is the last) and I don't want to toss it.

SPchief
12-09-2004, 12:26 PM
and this is urgent why??

Frankie
12-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Not life and death urgent wise guy. Urgent burning question because it's going on right now. If you have no help to offer, there are other threads you can go to, dude.

Baby Lee
12-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Not life and death urgent wise guy. Urgent burning question because it's going on right now. If you have no help to offer, there are other threads you can go to, dude.
Kick his ass, seabass!! :thumb:

KCTitus
12-09-2004, 12:54 PM
It sounds like you have a problem with your burner.

Cochise
12-09-2004, 12:56 PM
I agree, sounds like a weak laser on the buner.