PDA

View Full Version : Jack Harry says the Chiefs will be moving to another city!!

John_Wayne
12-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Jack Harry just said, because Lamar Hunt is selling the Wizards, that is a sign that Lamar is going to die and his son Clark is going to sell the Chiefs because he hates Kansas City.

I hate Jack Harry. :mad:

|Zach|
12-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Man...the media has this board by the balls.

Any article here and a segment their and some people just dance like little puppets on string.

Thig Lyfe
12-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Man...the media has this board by the balls.

And article here and a segment their and some people just dance like little puppets on string.

Did you know that Priest Holmesis out for the season?

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Did you know that Priest Holmesis out for the season?
I wonder how many opponents that Holmesis was their Nemesis.

Valiant
12-09-2004, 06:26 PM
IF, IF.. and that is a bif F'ing if.. The Chiefs were to be moved, the city better pull a Browns and keep the said team and history to KC... I actually would love the city to buy the Chiefs from hunt and operate from a board of trustee's ala Green Bay... The Chiefs make tons of profit.. That way the citizens have more of a stake in the team...

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 06:28 PM
IF, IF.. and that is a bif F'ing if.. The Chiefs were to be moved, the city better pull a Browns and keep the said team and history to KC... I actually would love the city to buy the Chiefs from hunt and operate from a board of trustee's ala Green Bay... The Chiefs make tons of profit.. That way the citizens have more of a stake in the team...
Sell shares to the public. I'd buy a couple. :thumb:

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 06:30 PM
no way the nfl leaves kc. no frigging way. 3rd highest attendence. no way.

wazu
12-09-2004, 06:33 PM
I actually would love the city to buy the Chiefs from hunt and operate from a board of trustee's ala Green Bay... The Chiefs make tons of profit.. That way the citizens have more of a stake in the team...

That's been outlawed.

tk13
12-09-2004, 06:34 PM
That doesn't matter... you can make much more money just moving to LA and having a bunch of luxury suites...

warpaint99
12-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Yes, Lamar said he would move the team to Puerto Rico.

patteeu
12-09-2004, 06:44 PM
We're DOOMED! Jack Harry said so.

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 06:48 PM
That doesn't matter... you can make much more money just moving to LA and having a bunch of luxury suites...

Thats true but its also not true. The NFL cant allow a team to move again that has done everything for the team that is asked of them. Sell out the stadium. Rabid fan base. No way.

The stadium has a reputation as being one of the best places to see a NFL game. How do you sell that the stadium is not okay and it sucks so bad that we are packing the team up and leaving?

Or what about saying your losing money? Oh wait a mintue this is the NFL you have a $8 million dollar profit built in before you sell a single ticket. You have made over $30 million in profit every year.

In the final analysis the legislature won't let them. Senators will be all over this like they were in Clevland. They forced the NFL to give them a franchise. Same thing will happen here if push comes to shove.

I'll be all for building a new stadium as long as everyone is involved in the planning and its just not simply financed through a sales tax. They need creative financing like the arena vote.

But I liked the idea of building a new baseball stadium downtown and giving both stadiums and and all of the Truman complex to Lamar free and clear and let him build what he wants there.

This had better not develop into a shakedown by Lamar.

Skip Towne
12-09-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure it would make much difference to me. I'd hate it for my friends that get to go to the games. But with todays communications I could follow them as well as I can in KC. I don't want it to happen but I won't be extorted.

Spicy McHaggis
12-09-2004, 06:49 PM
I want Jack Harry to be sold. Preferably to some pirate crew in the Phillipines where Harry is forced to be some guys bitch whose name is roughly translated to "He who opens wide holes in women"

Mr. Laz
12-09-2004, 06:50 PM
i don't know about that ... it's possible they leave

but jack harry doesn't know, we dont know

i doubt they go anywhere anytime soon.... but when lamar hunt dies???

who knows what happens then?

Deberg_1990
12-09-2004, 06:54 PM
WTF?? Whoi the hell is Jack Harry???. Hes held a grudge against this team and Carl ever since Carl took over in 1989. Hes just an old bitter fool because him and Don Fortune are not the Big time Chiefs beat reporters anymore.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-09-2004, 06:55 PM
God damn dude, how many threads are you going to start about this.

GET OVER IT, CHICKEN LITTLE

:mad:

tk13
12-09-2004, 06:57 PM
The stadium has a reputation as being one of the best places to see a NFL game. How do you sell that the stadium is not okay and it sucks so bad that we are packing the team up and leaving?

It's old, I've read posters on both this board and Royals boards say that they've talked to people who've done work there and that the plumbing, wiring, etc. at the Truman Sports Complex completely sucks and is outdated.. if nothing else I do believe the lease states that money for upgrades have to be made by 2007 or technically the county is in violation of the lease. Jackson county doesn't have the money to give them, hence Bi-State....

I don't like it, I'd like to see the Sports Complex stay around for a long long time, but that's how it goes. The K might be one of the 4 or 5 best places in America to see a baseball game, but that doesn't stop people from wanting to scrap it....

Logical
12-09-2004, 06:58 PM

Attendance is not what it is all about. It is all about money and money means market size, media (not just networks) and Stadium revenue. Don't be over confident. Trust me the Browns were every bit as solid as the fan base for the Chiefs and they let the Browns move.

Calcountry
12-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Attendance is not what it is all about. It is all about money and money means market size, media (not just networks) and Stadium revenue. Don't be over confident. Trust me the Browns were every bit as solid as the fan base for the Chiefs and they let the Browns move.
This was all started by Al Davis.

Perhaps once they get settled in their new digs they can finally win a SB like the Browns, er Ravens did.

bogie
12-09-2004, 07:02 PM

WOW, the Chiefs coming to LA. All the purpled haired, pierced nippled, goths out here will love it.

ChiefsCountry
12-09-2004, 07:07 PM
WOW, the Chiefs coming to LA. All the purpled haired, pierced nippled, goths out here will love it.

No, the Saints or Raiders will move to LA before the Chiefs would.

OldTownChief
12-09-2004, 07:09 PM
God damn dude, how many threads are you going to start about this.

GET OVER IT, CHICKEN LITTLE

:mad:

I wanted to say the same thing but I was too lazy to search, to see who keeps starting this BS.

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 07:17 PM

Thats my point the NFL will not move. If Lamar wants to move he can but we will get an expansion team.

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
No, the Saints or Raiders will move to LA before the Chiefs would.

And lets not forget that Indy is making lots of noise about a new stadium also or else they will move. LA can only get one team.

Logical
12-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Thats my point the NFL will not move. If Lamar wants to move he can but we will get an expansion team.

Not without a new stadium financed by the taxpayer. Seems simpler to just give one to Lamar and not take the risk.

BigRedChief
12-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Not without a new stadium financed by the taxpayer. Seems simpler to just give one to Lamar and not take the risk.

As I said in a previous post in this thread......

I'll be all for building a new stadium as long as everyone is involved in the planning and its just not simply financed through a sales tax. They need creative financing like the arena vote.

But I liked the idea of building a new baseball stadium downtown and giving both stadiums and and all of the Truman complex to Lamar free and clear and let him build what he wants there.

tk13
12-09-2004, 07:38 PM
And lets not forget that Indy is making lots of noise about a new stadium also or else they will move. LA can only get one team.
The Colts appear to be moving forward pretty quickly with a plan for a new $750 million dollar, 63,000 seat (possibly retractable-roof) stadium and convention center..... the mayor of Indianapolis is 100% behind building a new stadium. At this point I'd say we're probably now at no less risk of seeing the Chiefs moving than the Colts... simply because as of now the Chiefs have no future plans for anything laid out and the Colts are going to have a definitive plan made public by the end of the year.

OldTownChief
12-09-2004, 07:47 PM
What's the reason for the teams that DO move to LA, leaving LA very quickly?

John_Wayne
12-09-2004, 07:55 PM
We're DOOMED! Jack Harry said so. Jack Harry's point is that Clark Hunt would sell the Chiefs in a minute after Lamar dies. Then he said that Lamar is in very poor health. I don't believe that Lamar would sell the team. But I don't know about Clark.

I hate Jack Harry. He's a bastard! :mad:

ILChief
12-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Jack Harry's point is that Clark Hunt would sell the Chiefs in a minute after Lamar dies. Then he said that Lamar is in very poor health. I don't believe that Lamar would sell the team. But I don't know about Clark.

keitzman says the opposite of clark. that he is very competitive, wants to win a superbowl. KK also says that clark (unlike Lamar) actually lives in KC and not Dallas. Also says Clark is no fan of Carl Peterson. I guess we'll find out eventually

OldTownChief
12-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Jack Harry's point is that Clark Hunt would sell the Chiefs in a minute after Lamar dies. Then he said that Lamar is in very poor health. I don't believe that Lamar would sell the team. But I don't know about Clark.

But your earlier point was that Clark "hates" KC. If he sells the Chiefs, what would that have to do with them moving?

morphius
12-09-2004, 08:00 PM
This is the first time I have heard that Clark hates KC, anyone know more about that? Everything I have heard was to the contrary.

John_Wayne
12-09-2004, 08:02 PM
But your earlier point was that Clark "hates" KC. If he sells the Chiefs, what would that have to do with them moving? Clark would sell the team to someone that would move them out of town. The reason Clark would sell the team is because Arrowhead was not renovated by Bi-State II and a new Arrowhead wasn't built. Without a new stadium a new owner would not keep the team in KC.

Logical
12-09-2004, 08:02 PM
What's the reason for the teams that DO move to LA, leaving LA very quickly?

What, who? The Rams were in LA for decades. The Lakers have been there for decades, same with the Dodgers, Clippers and Kings.

The only team that I knew that moved to LA and left are the Raiduhs, now who was their owner again. Question answered for the only one that has moved out after a short time period.

Skip Towne
12-09-2004, 08:06 PM
How the hell did LA become a threat all of a sudden? They have had two teams fail there. Oh yeah, I want to move my team there. The truth is the NFL wants a team there because it is a huge media market but fan interest just isn't there.

OldTownChief
12-09-2004, 08:07 PM
What, who? The Rams were in LA for decades. The Lakers have been there for decades, same with the Dodgers, Clippers and Kings.

The only team that I knew that moved to LA and left are the Raiduhs, now who was their owner again. Question answered for the only one that has moved out after a short time period.

I was exaggerating. :p

Logical
12-09-2004, 08:08 PM
How the hell did LA become a threat all of a sudden? They have had two teams fail there. Oh yeah, I want to move my team there. The truth is the NFL wants a team there because it is a huge media market but fan interest just isn't there.
Actually if you look at the history the Rams did not fail in LA they drew quite well. However, they could not get a new stadium built so they left.

OldTownChief
12-09-2004, 08:14 PM
The Los Angeles Chiefs? ROFL

digi2fish
12-09-2004, 08:45 PM
no way.
if the Chiefs move out from K.C., even the logo has to be changed.
the Chiefs must stay.

Logical
12-09-2004, 08:47 PM
no way.
if the Chiefs move out from K.C., even the logo has to be changed.
the Chiefs must stay.

Changing logos is no biggie, Tennessee changed logos when they moved away from Houston as did the Baltimore team when it moved from Cleveland.

morphius
12-09-2004, 08:49 PM
LA wouldn't keep them as the Chiefs, they would be afraid to offend someone.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-09-2004, 08:51 PM
why couldn't this mean, Lamar is getting up there in age & can only devote so much time & energy to something. And that something is the Chiefs

digi2fish
12-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Changing logos is no biggie, Tennessee changed logos when they moved away from Houston as did the Baltimore team when it moved from Cleveland.

but I think the KC arrowhead means a lot more than those.

Logical
12-09-2004, 08:53 PM
but I think the KC arrowhead means a lot more than those.

I hate to burst your bubble but a logo is nothing more than an opportunity to sell merchandise. Cleveland did not hesitate to give up its heritage to be given a chance to move and they had a much more storied history than the Chiefs do.

Logical
12-09-2004, 08:54 PM
LA wouldn't keep them as the Chiefs, they would be afraid to offend someone.

I agree with you there. If they move it is highly likely the Chiefs will be a historical footnote as a name.

digi2fish
12-09-2004, 08:54 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but a logo is nothing more than an opportunity to sell merchandise. Cleveland did not hesitate to give up its heritage to be given a chance to move and they had a much more storied history than the Chiefs do.

I got it
:deevee:

el borracho
12-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Jack Harry just said, because Lamar Hunt is selling the Wizards, that is a sign that Lamar is going to die and his son Clark is going to sell the Chiefs because he hates Kansas City.

Selling the team is different than moving the team.

p.s. Who is Jack Harry?

Logical
12-09-2004, 08:57 PM
I got it
:deevee:

I would not worry too much they are probably a minimum of 4 years from moving. That is a lot of time to find a way to solve the stadium problem.

Logical
12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Selling the team is different than moving the team.

p.s. Who is Jack Harry?
Obviously that is a true statement but not very realistic. If they are sold they are likely moving. A minimum of 1/2 a billion is required to buy the Chiefs and I do not see potential KC owners with that kind of jack.

Cochise
12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Jack Harry can suc mah baows

Otter
12-09-2004, 09:05 PM
I would not worry too much they are probably a minimum of 4 years from moving. That is a lot of time to find a way to solve the stadium problem.

Not being from KC I don't get the latest updates but don't the overall problems with the stadium lie in the fact that they have problems compensating for the size of the crowds that show up there on gameday?

Getting up and moving to a new city isn't going to solve that.

It's been 4 years since I"ve been to Arrowhead and it certainly looked like it was in tip top shape back then. It's not like the place if falling down is it?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Jack Harry is the rhino is the middle of sig pic.

He's an ass

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Clark Hunt loves Kansas City.

Clark Hunt hates Carl Peterson.

If daddy Lamar gives up control of the team, Carl will dust off his resume and Clark will give the franchise a much needed enima.

Brock
12-09-2004, 09:24 PM
It would be just the excuse I need to stop paying attention to this crappy team.

gblowfish
12-09-2004, 09:28 PM
WTF?? Whoi the hell is Jack Harry???. Hes held a grudge against this team and Carl ever since Carl took over in 1989. Hes just an old bitter fool because him and Don Fortune are not the Big time Chiefs beat reporters anymore.

Here's where you can read Jack Harry's bio:

http://tinyurl.com/2qxw2

I think he's one of the few TV guys who speaks his mind. You may not agree with him all the time, but he's not afraid to cross the Chiefs front office. I like that. KMBC kisses Carl's ass because Lenny Dawson works for the Chiefs, and TV5 has "outsourced" its sports to Metro Sports. WDAF lays off because they're Fox, and carry NFL games. Jack's been around the Chiefs for more than 20 years, and has a good history of following the team. I think he and King Carl pretty much hate each other.

Blitz
12-09-2004, 09:29 PM
If this is true, I'd like for them to come to Toronto.

KcMizzou
12-09-2004, 09:43 PM
It would be just the excuse I need to stop paying attention to this crappy team. Good lord man... I hope you don't mean that.

Logical
12-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Not being from KC I don't get the latest updates but don't the overall problems with the stadium lie in the fact that they have problems compensating for the size of the crowds that show up there on gameday?

Getting up and moving to a new city isn't going to solve that.

It's been 4 years since I"ve been to Arrowhead and it certainly looked like it was in tip top shape back then. It's not like the place if falling down is it?

Not enough luxury boxes, infrastructure (plumbing, wiring etc) falling apart, insufficient concession stands for revenue enhancement. Those are the economic based stadium problems. They also have a desire for bigger concourses but I doubt that would actually be a decision maker.

Saulbadguy
12-09-2004, 09:47 PM
nuthooks

el borracho
12-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Obviously that is a true statement but not very realistic. If they are sold they are likely moving. A minimum of 1/2 a billion is required to buy the Chiefs and I do not see potential KC owners with that kind of jack.
The KC Chiefs are an established and profitable business whose business decisions are made by a general manager (Carl). The owner of the team could live as far away as China and the Chiefs could still remain in KC. Carl could just deposit the profits into the new owner's bank account.

Otter
12-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Not enough luxury boxes, infrastructure (plumbing, wiring etc) falling apart, insufficient concession stands for revenue enhancement. Those are the economic based stadium problems. They also have a desire for bigger concourses but I doubt that would actually be a decision maker.

Way behind on the news, danka.

RedNFeisty
12-09-2004, 10:11 PM

If daddy Lamar gives up control of the team, Carl will dust off his resume and Clark will give the franchise a much needed enima.

I certainly hope so, they just wouldn't be the Chiefs if not in KC.

Ugly Duck
12-09-2004, 10:18 PM
the Chiefs will be moving to another city!!So whats new? Sometimes your home is the Lone Star State. Sometimes your home is in Mo. Sometimes you call your team the "Texans." Sometimes you call yourselves the "Chiefs." So the Texan-Chiefs from Tx-Mo are moving again, a team without roots or identity anyway.

el borracho
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
So whats new? Sometimes your home is the Lone Star State. Sometimes your home is in Mo. Sometimes you call your team the "Texans." Sometimes you call yourselves the "Chiefs." So the Texan-Chiefs from Tx-Mo are moving again, a team without roots or identity anyway.
At least you never change. We can count on you to always be a dick.

Ugly Duck
12-09-2004, 10:33 PM
At least you never change. We can count on you to always be a dick.Hey... its your team that moves from state to state and keeps changing its name. Don't blame me!

Logical
12-09-2004, 10:40 PM
The KC Chiefs are an established and profitable business whose business decisions are made by a general manager (Carl). The owner of the team could live as far away as China and the Chiefs could still remain in KC. Carl could just deposit the profits into the new owner's bank account.

You do not invest 1/2 a billion to turn 30 million in yearly profits, that would be stupid. You invest that kind of money because you want the status of owning a franchise and it fills some sort of ego issue. You are going to want that franchise in your neighborhood. JMHO

Valiant
12-09-2004, 10:45 PM
That's been outlawed.

You make it a giant PR issue and it could happen.. Doesnt matter if they wrote that it can not happen agian.. You make a big enough fuss about it, it would happen..

DaWolf
12-10-2004, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't discount the fact that KC gives the NFL absolutely HUGE ratings on TV when the chiefs are playing. LA gets big TV ratings anyway. So it makes little sense to move a team out of a market that's already working and that already has a built in fan base to a city where having a team there would likely do nothing more than reducing the TV ratings in both markets (since LA's NFL TV ratings have gone up since both LA teams left there). A team like New Orleans would make a lot morse sense for an LA move...

Rausch
12-10-2004, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't discount the fact that KC gives the NFL absolutely HUGE ratings on TV when the chiefs are playing. LA gets big TV ratings anyway. So it makes little sense to move a team out of a market that's already working and that already has a built in fan base to a city where having a team there would likely do nothing more than reducing the TV ratings in both markets (since LA's NFL TV ratings have gone up since both LA teams left there). A team like New Orleans would make a lot morse sense for an LA move...

The Drama sure didnt' hurt the Ravens...

Logical
12-10-2004, 12:42 AM

Do you have a link to the information showing the Chiefs provide big ratings? I have never ever heard that before.

Spicy McHaggis
12-10-2004, 12:44 AM
i hated it when the moved the browns. Not as much as cleveland fans obviously but at least they kept the franchise name and restarted the team.

Bob Dole
12-10-2004, 05:35 AM

Er...didn't those moves kind of involve changing the team name, too?

Maybe the powers-that-be could get serious about things and simply put together a stadium proposal that's not filled with extra crap.

What a concept.

Bob Dole
12-10-2004, 05:40 AM
Do you have a link to the information showing the Chiefs provide big ratings? I have never ever heard that before.

This was for the 2003 season.

So how do Baltimore Ravens fans measure up against their competition league-wide?

Not so great, according to the most recent television ratings information from the NFL.

Though the Ravens this season regained their winning ways and claimed the AFC North division title, the guys in purple drew an average television rating of just 26.2 and an average 47 share this season. That means about half of all television sets in the Baltimore market were tuned into Ravens football during gametime.

Sounds impressive, but those numbers actually place the Ravens just 18th in the league -- in the league's bottom half -- and showed them to be significantly less attractive for local viewers than the top-ranked Kansas City Chiefs, who drew an astounding 40.9 rating and 65 share in the Kansas City market.

Source (http://baltimore.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2004/01/19/tidbits1.html)

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2004, 05:47 AM
I'm not sure it would make much difference to me. I'd hate it for my friends that get to go to the games. But with todays communications I could follow them as well as I can in KC. I don't want it to happen but I won't be extorted.As ****ed up as it may sound, my biggest problem with it would be what it would do to the Planet...

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Not without a new stadium financed by the taxpayer. Seems simpler to just give one to Lamar and not take the risk.Exactly. You can pull a Charlotte and pony up in a year, or you can pony up now. That's the difference between keeping the Hornets and getting the Bobcats. But frankly, Charlotte hated Shinn so much they were happy to let him go.

Gotta pay to (keep) play(ing). Sucks, but it's the way sports work nowadays.

tomahawk kid
12-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Jack Harry's just pissed because he has kids that are young enough to be his grandkids.

He's can't conceivably retire for several years and thus the rest of us are subjected to his crotchety ass clown act.

Although, he does smoke like 2 packs of cigs a day so he might do all of us a favor.......

BigRedChief
12-10-2004, 07:20 AM

Well we all know now that Clark Hunt is a very smart man. :p

Disliking King Carl (if true) and he lives in KC. Sounds like a good start to me. :rolleyes:

KCTitus
12-10-2004, 07:40 AM
I actually cannot wait to see Carl go not because of an irrational hatred towards Carl, Im just curious to see who the next pariah will be among the geniouses (chiefsplanet spelling).

Messier
12-10-2004, 07:41 AM
LA will have a team before the Chiefs think of leaving. My guess is they will move but it will be awhile and it will be over to the Kansas side.

KCTitus
12-10-2004, 07:46 AM
...but it will be awhile and it will be over to the Kansas side.

That would be quite the coup...

ChiTown
12-10-2004, 08:01 AM
I overheard that the Chiefs are moving to Wichita.

What? It could happen...................

Jack Harry is fooking moron. Seriously, 90% of what falls out of that guys mouth should be summarily dismissed.

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 08:06 AM

There's no more expansion in the NFL. They put a moratorium on it.

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2004, 08:08 AM
The league is damn near perfect (as far as alignment goes, anyways) at 32. 33/34 would **** everything up again.

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 08:09 AM

That's true, but what he's saying is also true.

Yes, ART MODELL gave up the tradition and heritage of the Browns. But that legacy didn't just disappear. It stayed in Cleveland. The same could happen in KC. The Chiefs could move to LA and become the tree-huggers, while another team comes here and becomes the Chiefs.

ChiTown
12-10-2004, 08:10 AM
There's no more expansion in the NFL. They put a moratorium on it.

Heh

That reminds me of the line from the Movie Stripes when Harley says that he enlisted so he wouldn't got drafted into the Army

Sgt. Hulka: Uh, Son, there ain't no draft no more.....

Harley: There was one?

Coogs
12-10-2004, 08:41 AM

I watched Jack Harry sports at 10:25 PM last night. He did not say "will", but "possibly could" move the Chiefs. He said Hunt made several references to the Bi-State tax not passing, and suggested if the city did not do something to improve the stadium in the near future that hunt "possibly could" look to move the Chiefs to a different city.

And again, this was Jack Harry speculating, not Hunt saying it will happen.

cash1000
12-10-2004, 09:08 AM
If the genuises had have cut off all the arts garbage and worthless Royals money and just had a Bistate vote on improving ARROWHEAD IT MIGHT HAVE PASSED! But thanks to local braintrust whoever it is they want to buy a 747 when all they need is a Lear jet.

beavis
12-10-2004, 09:13 AM
First, and most importantly on this subject, Jack Harry is a ****ing idiot.

Second of all, Lamar is posturing for renovations/new stadium. Look at the reaction of people on this board.

OMG TEH CHEEEFS ARE MOVING!!!!1111

Get real. It would be a total joke if they took the Chiefs out of this town. This is just Lamar setting up Clark with the silver spoon for after he kicks the bucket. Now he'll hold the city hostage to get what he wants. Wait and see. There will be a new downtown baseball stadium/Arrowhead renovation proposal within a year.

Soccer is never going to survive in this town anyway.

redbrian
12-10-2004, 09:27 AM
First, and most importantly on this subject, Jack Harry is a ****ing idiot.

Second of all, Lamar is posturing for renovations/new stadium. Look at the reaction of people on this board.

OMG TEH CHEEEFS ARE MOVING!!!!1111

Get real. It would be a total joke if they took the Chiefs out of this town. This is just Lamar setting up Clark with the silver spoon for after he kicks the bucket. Now he'll hold the city hostage to get what he wants. Wait and see. There will be a new downtown baseball stadium/Arrowhead renovation proposal within a year.

Soccer is never going to survive in this town anyway.

First off could soccer survive in KC, no doubt it could, but they need a Soccer arena.
If the folks over west would get the stuff in one sock instead of fighting over building a small indoor arena (which will fail), they should build a world class soccer arena (it fits much better with their wine and cheese crowds anyway).

Next from what I have read and heard Lamar say, is that he is selling the Wizards in order to free up money to put into Arrowhead.
Now if he does this I do believe that there will have to be a renegotiation of the lease. It will have to be even more favorable to the Hunt organization as they will be putting money into a structure that they do not own.

Thirdly, there will not be a downtown baseball park.
The taxpayers are not going to back it.
You would need support from the entire state (see the new Cardinal stadium in St. Louis) and I donít see the happening. And more importantly there is no place to put it.

Now if you wanted a sports venue downtown a Soccer field would fit very nicely just north of Berkley Park on the river front.

Blitz
12-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Toronto Chiefs....nice little ring to it. Just kidding but for us NFL fans in Toronto we'd love to have a team and we can support it. When the Blue Jays were having their championship years we had the Best attendance in baseball and just till recently we had one of the Best attendances in the whole NBA, not to mention their alot of puckheads in Toronto which is why the Maple Leafs are the most successful (dollars wise) in the NHL. If KC was to move, i hope it would be to Toronto.

WilliamTheIrish
12-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Jack Harry says so? (Chuckle)

Jack Harry hasn't gotten a damn thing right in the last 30 years.

Perhaps you should cut the umbilical cord that attatches yourself to him.

beavis
12-10-2004, 10:29 AM
First off could soccer survive in KC, no doubt it could, but they need a Soccer arena.
If the folks over west would get the stuff in one sock instead of fighting over building a small indoor arena (which will fail), they should build a world class soccer arena (it fits much better with their wine and cheese crowds anyway).

What do you have to support this? They've been here for 8 years. Have they ever drawn more than 10,000 for a game?

How are you going to use an arena for an outdoor soccer team? :hmmm:

Next from what I have read and heard Lamar say, is that he is selling the Wizards in order to free up money to put into Arrowhead.
Now if he does this I do believe that there will have to be a renegotiation of the lease. It will have to be even more favorable to the Hunt organization as they will be putting money into a structure that they do not own.

Actually, what he said was, he's not interested in building the Wizards their own stadium. That tells me that basically, he's not willing to risk any of his own money, due to the shaky ground that they stand on with the franchise.

Thirdly, there will not be a downtown baseball park.
The taxpayers are not going to back it.
You would need support from the entire state (see the new Cardinal stadium in St. Louis) and I donít see the happening. And more importantly there is no place to put it.

Now if you wanted a sports venue downtown a Soccer field would fit very nicely just north of Berkley Park on the river front.
I think you are flat out wrong about no one wanting a new stadium. I think that's the reason bi-state got defeated. I know that's why I voted against it. I didn't want a band-aid put on the problem that wouldn't be a long term solution. It's a given that we we won't get state money, but we didn't get it for the arena either, did we?

What do you mean there is no place to put it? They found a spot to put the arena didn't they?

You sound to me like you are just a soccer fan that's pissed that the Wizards are leaving.

|Zach|
12-10-2004, 10:43 AM
That's true, but what he's saying is also true.

Yes, ART MODELL gave up the tradition and heritage of the Browns. But that legacy didn't just disappear. It stayed in Cleveland. The same could happen in KC. The Chiefs could move to LA and become the tree-huggers, while another team comes here and becomes the Chiefs.
Any team that moves out of KC is dead to me. In every way shape and form.

redbrian
12-10-2004, 10:48 AM
What do you have to support this? They've been here for 8 years. Have they ever drawn more than 10,000 for a game?

How are you going to use an arena for an outdoor soccer team? :hmmm:

Actually, what he said was, he's not interested in building the Wizards their own stadium. That tells me that basically, he's not willing to risk any of his own money, due to the shaky ground that they stand on with the franchise.

I think you are flat out wrong about no one wanting a new stadium. I think that's the reason bi-state got defeated. I know that's why I voted against it. I didn't want a band-aid put on the problem that wouldn't be a long term solution. It's a given that we we won't get state money, but we didn't get it for the arena either, did we?

What do you mean there is no place to put it? They found a spot to put the arena didn't they?

You sound to me like you are just a soccer fan that's pissed that the Wizards are leaving.

Iím saying build a Soccer park instead of a small indoor arena. A small indoor arena in Johnson County is doomed to failure. It is not a venue that the area does not need nor can it support.

However a nice Soccer park is something that is much needed in the area, and would have a much better chance of being profitable.

Yes there are a small group of people who would love a park downtown once again. But it just wonít fly.

1) Where would you put it?
2) How are you going to fund $450 million (minimum?)
3) How are you going to make the Royals a winning franchise in todayís baseball environment?

Problem one would be the easiest to solve, although any solution would not fit into the downtown plan (my opinion only).

Problems two and three can not be solved (in my opinion)

Soccer fan; only marginally (although I do rate Soccer way over baseball), I did enjoy following the Wizards this year, they did have the best value for the money ($5 a seat). It will be sad to see them go but it wonít upset me.

Bob Dole
12-10-2004, 11:05 AM
If the genuises had have cut off all the arts garbage and worthless Royals money and just had a Bistate vote on improving ARROWHEAD IT MIGHT HAVE PASSED! But thanks to local braintrust whoever it is they want to buy a 747 when all they need is a Lear jet.

Which is the point Bob Dole tried to make earlier...

redbrian
12-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Which is the point Bob Dole tried to make earlier...

Johnson, Clay and Platte were not going to support Truman Sports complex (BiState II) without getting a piece of the action.

The only way for an Arrowhead only BiState to work would be to disolve the Jackson County Sports Authority and create a new governing body made up of equal numbers from Jackson Co, Clay Co., Platte Co and Johnson Co.

That will never happen.

Bob Dole
12-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Johnson, Clay and Platte were not going to support Truman Sports complex (BiState II) without getting a piece of the action.

The only way for an Arrowhead only BiState to work would be to disolve the Jackson County Sports Authority and create a new governing body made up of equal numbers from Jackson Co, Clay Co., Platte Co and Johnson Co.

That will never happen.

Probably true.

Good thing they are all smarter than the rest of us and realize that visitors to Arrowhead only spend money in Jackson County.

Ghostof
12-10-2004, 11:43 AM
On 810 just a bit ago, they announced that Lamar Hunt is having a news conference at 1:00pm today to announce that the Chiefs are not going to be in the playoffs this year.

Coogs
12-10-2004, 11:47 AM
On 810 just a bit ago, they announced that Lamar Hunt is having a news conference at 1:00pm today to announce that the Chiefs are not going to be in the playoffs this year.

Boy, is he ever going to have egg on his face if we make the playoffs. Because based off of Flannigans article last Sunday, we are still mathematically alive in the post-season derby.

Coogs
12-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Here is the link...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/10341647.htm

Buffalo didn't lose to the Dolphins, but if they lose to the 49ers, the deal should still be on.

ChiTown
12-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Here is the link...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/10341647.htm

Buffalo didn't lose to the Dolphins, but if they lose to the 49ers, the deal should still be on.

Hitting Lotto America might be a tad bit easier.......

Seriously though, whether we make the playoffs or not, I want this team to find out what they have that's wortth saving on Defense. We're playing for 2005 right now.

Coogs
12-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Hitting Lotto America might be a tad bit easier.......

Seriously though, whether we make the playoffs or not, I want this team to find out what they have that's wortth saving on Defense. We're playing for 2005 right now.

:LOL: On the first part. (Hope it is OK that I used a smiley)

And I totally agree on the last part.