PDA

View Full Version : how worried are you that the Chiefs will leave KC?

ILChief
12-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I personally don't think the NFL will let it happen, that having been said, I'll be glad when someone moves to LA so they aren't tempted

Spicy McHaggis
12-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Not worried, there would be riots

HolmeZz
12-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Not worried one bit.

morphius
12-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Well, for all the other things that Tags has done for us, who knows. You know, like making us give up draft picks for a coach, and then making trading coaches for draft picks illegal.

tk13
12-09-2004, 08:50 PM
I would say that I don't think it's a GREAT probability, but I do think it is more possible than the majority of people like to give it credit for.... I would also say I really don't understand why people think the NFL "just can't let it happen". The NFL seems very in favor of getting a team in LA... they could move the Chiefs to LA and not miss a beat worrying with re-alignment or anything like that.

Deberg_1990
12-09-2004, 08:52 PM
I would say that it's of GREAT probability, but I do think it is more possible than the majority of people like to give it credit for.... I would say I really don't understand why people think the NFL "just can't let it happen". The NFL seems very in favor of getting a team in LA.....

But there are far better canidates to move than our team?? Jacksonville, New Orleans, heck even San Diego for example.

ILChief
12-09-2004, 08:54 PM
But there are far better canidates to move than our team?? Jacksonville, New Orleans, heck even San Diego for example.

and minnesota

morphius
12-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Isn't SD working on a new stadium as well?

HolmeZz
12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
There really isn't much of a reason for the Chiefs to move. I think the Rams are more likely to move back to LA.

Logical
12-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Isn't SD working on a new stadium as well?

Not really, the chances of a new stadium here are slim and none unless the Spanos family decides to pay for the vast majority of it. Now if they win for a few years the chances could improve but for now I would say no.

tk13
12-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Didn't say we were frontrunners or anything, I just think it's a possibility.... plus I don't have a ton of faith of the people of KC voting for to help fund over a billion dollars in new stadiums.

morphius
12-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Not really, the chances of a new stadium here are slim and none unless the Spanos family decides to pay for the vast majority of it. Now if they win for a few years the chances could improve but for now I would say no.
Okay, I thought I heard something about it before the season started.

patteeu
12-09-2004, 09:29 PM
NOT!

Oops, wrong thread. Oh, well, it works here anyway.

KCN
12-09-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm not worried. Royals on the other hand....

KCN
12-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Didn't say we were frontrunners or anything, I just think it's a possibility.... plus I don't have a ton of faith of the people of KC voting for to help fund over a billion dollars in new stadiums.

I trust the voters in KC to vote for a good plan, as seen with the new arena. BSII clearly was not a good plan.

Iowanian
12-09-2004, 09:43 PM
If the Chiefs leave KC.....I'm not the one who should be worried.

Logical
12-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Okay, I thought I heard something about it before the season started.

You did but they negotiated a lease change instead. The Chargers lease now expires in 2008 and they are free to move with basically no strings at that point. In exchange they gave up their ticket guarantee and agreed to new lease terms.

Logical
12-09-2004, 09:51 PM

I definitely believe the Royals will be out of KC one way or another in a few years. Wasting money on a new baseball stadium would be stupid.

unlurking
12-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Aren't the Chiefs in the top 3 or 5 in merchandise sales in the last decade and half? If so, there is no way in hell they move, because that will immediately drop.

Logical
12-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Aren't the Chiefs in the top 3 or 5 in merchandise sales in the last decade and half? If so, there is no way in hell they move, because that will immediately drop.

I used to think that then I found a Forbes article that listed the top 10 and the Chiefs were not among them.

tk13
12-09-2004, 09:56 PM
A lot of it boils down to one thing, luxury boxes and premium seating, that's where the money's made....

tk13
12-09-2004, 10:01 PM
I trust the voters in KC to vote for a good plan, as seen with the new arena. BSII clearly was not a good plan.
Possibly, I hope so. I think part of it is I think there will be many who think (and already think) that Lamar is just in it for the money.... not that it would kill the stadium itself, but I think that combined with many people in KC who are going to say "a BILLION dollars for sports stadiums???" and immediately close their mind to it... I don't think it'd be a walk in the park. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sure-Oz
12-09-2004, 10:06 PM
That better not happen ever!!! If they did move which i hope never happens I would still follow them. I guess there is a possibility, the fans wouldn't have it and alot of hell would break loose in this city.

philfree
12-10-2004, 02:02 AM
There's still alot of time left on that clock but if the Kansascitians take it for granted then it very well could happen. My question is who's taken up the charge to put together another proposal for stadium improvements? IMO it wasn't Lamar Hunt or anything Chiefs that tried to screw the people with bi-state II. It was the local reps that wanted money for Arts and figured they could ride the coat tails of the Chiefs to get it. Of course what ever happens now will be laid on the doorstep of the Chiefs. I guess we've all heard it before but politics suck.

PhilFree :arrow:

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2004, 03:06 AM
Chiefs aren't moving anywhere, and all of you who think Lamar is in it for the money: well no shit. If you had a half billion dollar business I think I would be working to make money at. Some people have no concept of business at all. That is why there is millionaries and billionaries and people who live day by day.

J Diddy
12-10-2004, 03:49 AM
That better not happen ever!!! If they did move which i hope never happens I would still follow them. I guess there is a possibility, the fans wouldn't have it and alot of hell would break loose in this city.

and surrounding areas.................

SBK
12-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Chiefs aren't moving anywhere, and all of you who think Lamar is in it for the money: well no shit. If you had a half billion dollar business I think I would be working to make money at. Some people have no concept of business at all. That is why there is millionaries and billionaries and people who live day by day.

No doubt. Lots of folks forget that sports teams are business, so the team has to make a profit or poof, it goes away.

cdcox
12-10-2004, 07:52 AM
If KC ponies up the money for improvements to Arrowhead or a new stadium, I'm not worried at all. If KC does nothing, it is very likely that they will move somewhere else.

dirk digler
12-10-2004, 08:15 AM
I am not worried about it but things could change. From what I hear the county will default on their lease in the next year or two because they are so far behind paying for the upkeep of the 2 stadiums. When that happens it voids the lease aggreement and all hell will break loose then.