PDA

View Full Version : Warpaint or Wolf

Chiefsrocker
12-09-2004, 09:07 PM
How come the Chiefs don't use another Warpaint? Is the Wolf better (although my wife says it's not a Wolf but a Rat!) I always liked Warpaint!

4th and Long
12-09-2004, 09:22 PM
How come the Chiefs don't use another Warpaint? Is the Wolf better (although my wife says it's not a Wolf but a Rat!) I always liked Warpaint!
I always liked the hot chick that rode Warpaint across the field. :D

PastorMikH
12-09-2004, 09:24 PM
KCWolf is a blast to watch!

Deberg_1990
12-09-2004, 09:36 PM
What ever happened to the crazy bald dude that used to beat the drum around Arrowhead back in the 1980s??

Logical
12-09-2004, 09:45 PM
The Chiefs distanced themselves from all things Indian except the Arrowhead. I doubt you will ever see anything Warpaint like again.

You can tell your wife it is a Wolf and came about due to the Wolfpack of the late 60s and early 70s. I can see why she thinks it is a rat from its appearance though.

tomahawk kid
12-09-2004, 10:11 PM
I can't believe we even need a thead about this.

Warpaint.

Warpaint.

Warpaint.

KC Racoon...I mean..Rat.....I mean...Wolf SUCKS!

gblowfish
12-09-2004, 10:19 PM
What ever happened to the crazy bald dude that used to beat the drum around Arrowhead back in the 1980s??
That was a guy named Crazy George. He was a mercenary, did the same thing in other cities including Houston. There was a guy named Mad Mike in the mid-80, mid-90 there was a guy called "Helmet Head" who played a drum and painted his bald head like a Chiefs Helmet. Turned out he was in the Federal Witness Protection Program because he was a star witness for the prosecution in the first World Trade Center bombing in NYC.

Warpaint the horse was retired from Arrowhead, because when the stadium opened, it had artificial turf and a slick rubber track that ran around the outer boundary of the field, and Warpaint kept slipping and fell a couple times. It was a guy who rode him primarily, a guy named Bob Johnson who dressed up like an Indian in the Village People.

I like KC Wolf. Woofie works his ass off and the guy inside (Dan Mears) is a good guy. He also did time as Truman Tiger at Mizzou Fred Bird in St. Louis. How bout that?!

See more about it here on my website:
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Chiefspage7.html

Saulbadguy
12-09-2004, 10:54 PM
I don't like KC Wolf. His act is tired.

Skip Towne
12-09-2004, 11:03 PM
I always liked the hot chick that rode Warpaint across the field. :D
Did a squirrel eat your brains? There was never a hot chick riding Warpaint. I think the guy's name was Bob Moore. I hated it when they took Warpaint away.

Saulbadguy
12-09-2004, 11:04 PM
My uncle liked Warpaint cause he shit on the field.

Skip Towne
12-09-2004, 11:07 PM
That was Crazy George. He never was very popular around Arrowhead. Actually, he was a dick that nobody liked. I saw him on TV later with his lame act in Houston. I don't think he lasted very long there either.

OldTownChief
12-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Warpaint 1971

http://home.earthlink.net/~eglweb/cpstuff/warpaint.jpg

Skip Towne
12-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah, he did that once in a while. Hehe

OldTownChief
12-09-2004, 11:22 PM

That was way before those newfangled horse diapers.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
12-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Nice site blow fish, love the old time Chiefs stuff.

Rausch
12-10-2004, 12:59 AM
The wolf sucks chitlens....

They should pay 1st Down Elvis, Wierdwolf, and Arrowman to do the skits between commercial breaks.

tk13
12-10-2004, 01:12 AM
That was Crazy George. He never was very popular around Arrowhead. Actually, he was a dick that nobody liked. I saw him on TV later with his lame act in Houston. I don't think he lasted very long there either.
He travels around the country doing that now... he came to Ball State a couple times. The man is the definition of a "gravel" voice.

DaWolf
12-10-2004, 01:27 AM
The fact of life is that KC wolf is just much more marketable and that's what teams want in this day and age. They can dispatch KC Wolf to schools and hospitals and that kind of thing to spread goodwill for the Chiefs, and use his antics at the games to draw in the families for a more fun, kid friendly atmosphere. Warpaint, while cool, would never be able to serve team marketing needs in this day and age...

NewChief
12-10-2004, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing KC Wolf get a makeover. I think that most people who aren't real familiar with the team wonder why KC has a mouse as its mascot. I know my nephew, who I took to the game, turned to me during the game and asked what the deal was with KC and the mouse if they're the Chiefs.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2004, 08:24 AM

Yea, thats the guy i was thinking of. I guess i was really too young to remember how popular or what type of person he was. I just remember when i was a kid and he would run around banging his drum in the upper decks.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-10-2004, 08:33 AM
I don't like KC Wolf. His act is tired.
He said the same about you.

ROYC75
12-10-2004, 08:44 AM
You Bozo's need to get a grip. KC Wolf is for the kiddies, a marketing toy to speak of. If a grown up has a problem with KC Wolf, grow up, act like an adult instead of a big ol grown up baby.

Personally, I like the football and pay to see football, not to bitch about a guy dressed up in Wolf costume that the little kids dearly love . I took my grandson and granddaughter this year, they loved the Wolf and the bomber that flew over more than the game. As they grow older and understand football more, there interest still lies with the Wolf and that hugh bomber that flew over.They also got some pictures with FDE, they remember that as well and the tailgating . It's all about the kids, making it fun for them as they grow into Chiefs fans.

Some of you prople amaze me, you would bitch about anything they put out there, even naked ladies, damn, that one is to ugly.

tomahawk kid
12-10-2004, 11:34 AM
That was a guy named Crazy George. He was a mercenary, did the same thing in other cities including Houston. There was a guy named Mad Mike in the mid-80, mid-90 there was a guy called "Helmet Head" who played a drum and painted his bald head like a Chiefs Helmet. Turned out he was in the Federal Witness Protection Program because he was a star witness for the prosecution in the first World Trade Center bombing in NYC.

Warpaint the horse was retired from Arrowhead, because when the stadium opened, it had artificial turf and a slick rubber track that ran around the outer boundary of the field, and Warpaint kept slipping and fell a couple times. It was a guy who rode him primarily, a guy named Bob Johnson who dressed up like an Indian in the Village People.

I like KC Wolf. Woofie works his ass off and the guy inside (Dan Mears) is a good guy. He also did time as Truman Tiger at Mizzou Fred Bird in St. Louis. How bout that?!

See more about it here on my website:

Can I ask you, honestly, where you're getting this "Woofie" sh!t?

I've never heard anyone refer to KC Wolf as "Woofie" except for you.

redbrian
12-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Did a squirrel eat your brains? There was never a hot chick riding Warpaint. I think the guy's name was Bob Moore. I hated it when they took Warpaint away.

The last couple of years Bob got a little too fat and old to ride Warpaint, he was replaced by a nice looking gal (daughter or niece If I recall right).
Bob was associated with the Church I attend and would bring Warpaint down during the Christmas holiday and someone dressed up like Father Christmas would ride Warpaint (never new if it was Bob or not).

ROYC75
12-10-2004, 12:03 PM
The last couple of years Bob got a little too fat and old to ride Warpaint, he was replaced by a nice looking gal (daughter or niece If I recall right).
Bob was associated with the Church I attend and would bring Warpaint down during the Christmas holiday and someone dressed up like Father Christmas would ride Warpaint (never new if it was Bob or not).

I believe it was his daughter.

redbrian
12-10-2004, 12:04 PM
I believe it was his daughter.

I think your right.