PDA

View Full Version : Sosa to Kansas City?

Hoover
12-10-2004, 09:09 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-041209rogers,1,2072104.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Cubs can't let Beltran go elsewhere

December 11, 2004

ANAHEIM -- For a few days worth of headlines in 2000, owner Tom Hicks committed the Texas Rangers to a historically bad investment in Alex Rodriguez.

The Rangers had Rodriguez for three seasons, all of them last-place seasons, and wound up giving him $140 million for helping build those memories.

Why? Because when Rodriguez reached free agency, baseball's winter meetings were in Dallas and agent Scott Boras played Hicks like a Stradivarius. Nobody builds up a bidding war better than Boras.

He got Rodriguez $252 million when the next best bid was about $125 million from Atlanta. He got Kevin Brown $105 million from the Los Angeles Dodgers when the next best offer was about $65 million from the St. Louis Cardinals. Even Darren Dreifort got $55 million from the Dodgers when Dreifort himself had been hoping for about half that.

Keep an eye on Boras in the next couple of weeks.

Baseball executives are gathered for the annual winter meetings, and Boras is poised to do it again. He has Anaheim Angels owner Arte Moreno in the crosshairs and 27-year-old center fielder Carlos Beltran as his bait.

Few teams will watch the dance closer than the Cubs.

General manager Jim Hendry would love to add Beltran to the team that finished in third place in its division despite having the National League's best pitching last season—preferably in place of Sammy Sosa but, if need be, alongside Sosa for one season.

But unless Hendry can find a taker for Sosa, he will be hard pressed to go the distance in a bidding war for Beltran if the Yankees and Angels are as determined to get him as Boras hopes.

In his first full season as the Angels' owner, Moreno followed the traditionally free-spending path of new owners. He landed the top prize in last winter's free-agent market, Vladimir Guerrero, along with front-line pitchers Bartolo Colon and Kelvim Escobar. The result was an unexpected American League West title.

He hardly can afford to stand pat this time around, not with third baseman Troy Glaus and closer Troy Percival leaving as free agents and Jose Guillen having been traded after his September suspension. The question is, with columnists and television reporters from Southern California on hand to document these meetings, how far will Moreno go to land Beltran.

As he demonstrated for the Houston Astros, Beltran might be the one guy who can revitalize any contender. He has a sweet swing from both sides of the plate, which provides balance to any lineup, along with game-turning speed and an elegance in the field that puts pitching staffs in a good mood.

During the 2004 playoffs Houston batted Beltran second. He could just as easily hit third or fourth.

In the Cubs' lineup he probably would fit third, behind Todd Walker and Nomar Garciaparra and in front of Aramis Ramirez, Derek Lee, Corey Patterson and Sosa, assuming he couldn't be traded.

There's nothing Hendry would rather do this weekend than complete a Sosa trade with the New York Mets or—here's a surprise team—Kansas City. That would clear the decks both for next spring and the run for Beltran, which figures to be a prolonged one.

Boras insists he has offers from eight teams for Beltran, including the Mets, Phillies, Mariners and Orioles. The bidding has begun at reasonable levels, with Houston reportedly offering him $70 million over five years to stay. But all it takes is one owner to decide Beltran is a must-have item, and he could go beyond the levels Hendry appears comfortable in going.

You can't blame Hendry for proceeding cautiously. He already has about $90 million committed for the 2005 payroll. To land Beltran without moving Sosa's $17 million salary (really a $25 million commitment including the buyout of an '06 option and severance pay), Hendry would have to take the payroll above $100 million, even if it's only for one year.

Tribune Co. should allow him to do exactly that. Beltran is an exceptional talent who will mean more in terms of winning than the one-dimensional Sosa ever has. Playing together, alongside Garciaparra, Ramirez and Lee, Beltran and Sosa should keep the Cubs from wasting their state-of-the-art starting rotation, as they did in 2004.

Once Sosa leaves as a free agent after next season, the payroll could shrink back to a slightly more comfortable level. And don't forget that this isn't the last time the Cubs can consider a Sosa deal. He could be traded in January or February, before camps open, during spring training or at the trading deadline.

That will be too late to go get a talent like Beltran. Now is when Hendry needs to seize the moment, not play nice with Tribune Co. accountants. But all bets are off if Moreno, like Hicks before him, is seduced by the momentary thrill of hitting a home run for the home fans.

There's nothing Boras likes better than a camera hog. These winter meetings are well placed for him.

Molitoth
12-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Wouldn't Sosa and Pena get along just great? At least they could understand each others speech. :banghead:

Hoover
12-10-2004, 09:15 AM
As a Cubs fan I dream of Beltran batting in the middle of the order in Chicago, having he and Patterson in the outfield was be sweet.

I keep hearing that the only way the Cubs can go after Beltran is if they are able to trade Sammy. I don't buy that. We all know that the Cubs have the money and if they trade Sammy they would have to eat a huge chunk of that contract. If you are still going to be paying him, heck keep him for one year at 17 mil, them pay him his 41.5 mil buy out after the season.

If they trade Sosa the second year is gaurenteed making it a 34 mil deal, and the Cubs would have to eat a huge chunk of that. But I do believe it would be better for the team to trade him and his bad attitude away.

I think he would be good in the AL, the dude did hit 35 homers last year missing more than 30 games.

Would you welcome Sammy in KC?

Personally I think he will stay a Cub for one finall year.

Cochise
12-10-2004, 09:16 AM
I really hope we don't bring in that roided-up fraud. Get us some damn pitching and worry about mediocre outfielders later, we have a whole stable full of them. :banghead:

shakesthecat
12-10-2004, 09:21 AM
No thanks.

Sammy might put a few more fannies in the seats, but his best days are over, and could end up being next years version of JuanGon

cash1000
12-10-2004, 09:22 AM
With David Glass and Allaird Baird running the Royals they might as well turn them into a Triple A baseball team especially after the moves they made backfired on them last year. They're not gonna take anymore chances on anybody with real star potential cause they'll have to pay them eventually. They've alrady loaded up with mediocre free agents and rookies. They Royals aren't even worth mentioning anymore they'll be finishing near the bottom of the Central division for the foreseeable future.

Molitoth
12-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Bo Jackson could come back and still be better then most of the Royals... did you see him blast that home run in Rock And Jock? haha

Cochise
12-10-2004, 09:28 AM
They're not gonna take anymore chances on anybody with real star potential cause they'll have to pay them eventually. They've alrady loaded up with mediocre free agents and rookies.

:spock:

ChiTown
12-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Great

This years Juan Gonzalez.......can't wait

redbrian
12-10-2004, 09:35 AM
As a Cubs fan I dream of Beltran batting in the middle of the order in Chicago, having he and Patterson in the outfield was be sweet.

Beltran will be wearing pin stripes next year. Nobody has deep enough pockets to keep him out of them. Beltran and his agent are going for the big one, they are going to break the bank on this deal.

I saw where a bunch of Houston fans sent Beltran a letter begging him to stay.

His response is he has to do what is best for his family (read agent).

Cochise
12-10-2004, 09:43 AM

Whatever man. He's not from Houston. He's got no obligation to them just like he had none to KC.

Obviously, I have been a Royals fan all my life, I would like to think that I'd give KC the hometown discount if I were in the same position, but Carlos isn't from KC.

It's a flawed system, to be sure, but you can't blame someone for taking advantage of it. If I were from Dominica and came here with no particular loyalties I would be doing the same thing.

redbrian
12-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Whatever man. He's not from Houston. He's got no obligation to them just like he had none to KC.

Obviously, I have been a Royals fan all my life, I would like to think that I'd give KC the hometown discount if I were in the same position, but Carlos isn't from KC.

It's a flawed system, to be sure, but you can't blame someone for taking advantage of it. If I were from Dominica and came here with no particular loyalties I would be doing the same thing.

I have never been a big fan of Beltran, the guy has a lot of talent but he is a little unstable.
Case in point, he was injured during either his first or second year, the standard operating procedure is for the player to go to Florida to rehab. Beltran would not do it, because he feared the Royals were going to leave him there.

Three things are coming together which is why I don’t follow baseball as I once did (I started following baseball with the KC A’s and stopped after the strike).

1) Yankee’s, Greedy team owner
2) Condom, Greedy agent
3) Beltran, Greedy player

None of these three give a rip about the game; all three would bankrupt the system to line their pockets.

And if the Dominica had a team, Beltran would not give them a discount either, he would take every nickle he could squeeze out of them.

Sure-Oz
12-10-2004, 10:02 AM
I would welcome slammin sammy!

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2004, 10:04 AM
That'd be sweet.

Hoover
12-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Beltran will be wearing pin stripes next year. Nobody has deep enough pockets to keep him out of them. Beltran and his agent are going for the big one, they are going to break the bank on this deal.

If the Cubs offer up the same kind of $$ as the Yankee's I think he would come to Chicago.

Why play for the Yankee's and be just another player on a team of stars, would it be "His" team?

Nope

Jetter
A-Rod
Sheffeild

Where he could go to Chicago and be the man, plus know that your team have a pitching staff of Wood, Prior, Zambrano, and Maddox

redbrian
12-10-2004, 10:21 AM
If the Cubs offer up the same kind of $$ as the Yankee's I think he would come to Chicago.

Why play for the Yankee's and be just another player on a team of stars, would it be "His" team?

Nope

Jetter
A-Rod
Sheffeild

Where he could go to Chicago and be the man, plus know that your team have a pitching staff of Wood, Prior, Zambrano, and Maddox

Beltran and his agent only care about the money, George is going to outbid everyone for Beltran (I could be wrong, but I have read where George has the hots for him).

ENDelt260
12-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Would you welcome Sammy in KC?

No.

ENDelt260
12-10-2004, 10:22 AM
No thanks.

Sammy might put a few more fannies in the seats, but his best days are over, and could end up being next years version of JuanGon
Start printing playoff tickets?

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Start printing playoff tickets?ROFL

shakesthecat
12-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Start printing playoff tickets?

Get serious. It's not like were talking about Al Levine here.

Hoover
12-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Beltran and his agent only care about the money, George is going to outbid everyone for Beltran (I could be wrong, but I have read where George has the hots for him).
You are only looking at Contract Money, what about endoresment deals? Beltral would be a huge star (the only start) in Chicago, where he would be one of many in New York.

David.
12-10-2004, 10:39 AM
You are only looking at Contract Money, what about endoresment deals? Beltral would be a huge star (the only start) in Chicago, where he would be one of many in New York.

....what about Nomar?

redbrian
12-10-2004, 10:53 AM

Are the Cubs going to guarantee endorsement money, and I don’t know if you have heard Beltran speak, but he is not star endorsement material.

Beltran and Condom want money in the bank, not pie in the sky.

Uncle_Ted
12-10-2004, 11:01 AM
....what about Nomar?

I haven't seen many Nomar endorsements yet ... he's only been here less than one year, and it wasn't certain -- up until a few days ago -- that he was going to be here next year. IMO he'll still be associated more with the Red Sox than the Cubs.

Other stars that I think would still be bigger here than Beltran (from an endorsement standpoint) are Ditka, Kerry Wood, MJ, Brian Erlacher, Mark Prior, maybe Frank Thomas (though I can't think of anything where I've seen him lately).

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2004, 11:20 AM
I always thought the Big Hurt should have been Griffey's nickname instead of Thomas'.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Sosa would be good for KC, gives us a superstar player and fill the K up a little more often, which Glass could some of that $ on the team.

Hoover
12-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Nomar isn't a young up and coming player like Beltran is.

If its all about having them speak have you heard Sosa talk?

Chicago Sport Stars

Wood
Prior
Nomar
Urlacker (Sp?)

Thats it folks besides Sammy.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2004, 11:38 AM

If its all about having them speak have you heard Sosa talk?

Chicago Sport Stars

Wood
Prior
Nomar
Urlacker (Sp?)

Thats it folks besides Sammy.

Jordan will always be in that group till he dies.

Hoover
12-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Jordan will always be in that group till he dies.
Sure but is he around Chicago? No

The Cubs have the Cash to get Beltran, the Trib will let Hendry go over 100 Mil in salary this year.

The Best thing would be to keep Sammy for one year at 17 Mil and bring in Beltran. Sammy would then produce because he know he needs to play for a co0ntract in 2006.

look at this batting order

Todd Walker
Nomar
Beltran
A Ram
D Lee
Sosa
Patterson
Barrett
Pitcher

ChiTown
12-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Get serious. It's not like were talking about Al Levine here.

How he didn't seal our run to the 2003 Playoffs is beyond me.............or maybe he did seal our run?

Demonpenz
12-10-2004, 11:48 AM
beltran isn't Up and coming, he's been her for 2 years. He has just been in this shithole

Hoover
12-10-2004, 12:23 PM
beltran isn't Up and coming, he's been her for 2 years. He has just been in this shithole
I know, thats what mean. He is in the prime of his career, a time when endorsement deals come to players like him.

Calcountry
12-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Corked Bats and steroids are to be shipped fedex

nychief
12-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Sosa makes no sense at all... there is an article on the kcroyals.com site where Baird goes on and on about getting a YOUNG and CHEAP Outfielder.....

JUST SAY NO SAMMY!

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Sammy might put a few more fannies in the seats,
Something the Royals could desperatly use, whether Sosa is the player he used to be or not.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Something the Royals could desperatly use, whether Sosa is the player he used to be or not.

Exactly, I know people from Wichita, Omaha, Des Moines, Springfield all those places would come to Royals games if they were winning or had a big name player. Outside of Bonds, who is the biggest known player in baseball: Sammy Sosa.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Exactly, I know people from Wichita, Omaha, Des Moines, Springfield all those places would come to Royals games if they were winning or had a big name player. Outside of Bonds, who is the biggest known player in baseball: Sammy Sosa.
Right. Is Sammy gonna win us a division? Not likely. Is he gonna put a little life into a lifeless team....hell yes. He might be just what we need.... and he's not a complete anti-social enigma like Juan Gonzalez. he might actually give fans some entertainment.

shakesthecat
12-10-2004, 01:51 PM

True, and I would guess that would be the biggest reason KC would be interested in him.

But there's a reason the Cubs are shopping him, and it ain't money.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-10-2004, 01:55 PM
True, and I would guess that would be the biggest reason KC would be interested in him.

But there's a reason the Cubs are shopping him, and it ain't money.
Understood. I know Sammy isn't the player he used to be... but he'd be better than Ellis Burks or some other wash-up that we'll sign if we don't get him.

shakesthecat
12-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Understood. I know Sammy isn't the player he used to be... but he'd be better than Ellis Burks or some other wash-up that we'll sign if we don't get him.

My issue with Sammy has little to do with his on-field preformance, he still has some game left. But the fact he's a selfish prima donna, and a cancer in the clubhouse.

Then again, if you're the Royals, it's not like bringing Sammy in would make them any worse.

I keep hearing the names Kevin Mench and Austin Kearns as trade possibilities. I'd much rather have either one of those 2, especially Mench.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-10-2004, 02:14 PM
My issue with Sammy has little to do with his on-field preformance, he still has some game left. But the fact he's a selfish prima donna, and a cancer in the clubhouse.

Then again, if you're the Royals, it's not like bringing Sammy in would make them any worse.

I keep hearing the names Kevin Mench and Austin Kearns as trade possibilities. I'd much rather have either one of those 2, especially Mench.
Either of those guys would be great if we could land one.

beavis
12-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Nomar's been in the league two years longer than Beltran. That's not that big of a difference.

Hoover
12-10-2004, 02:42 PM
I think Sosa would really help a small market team like KC.

Give you a big bat, 30-50 Homers

KC needs something, I go to tons of Baseball Games, but the royals dot have anything I want to see. If Sosa was there I'd check it out.

Hoover
12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Nomar's been in the league two years longer than Beltran. That's not that big of a difference.
Beltran is a 30-30 guy, people love the long ball.

Nomar is a great hitter, but he hits for average, not something you see every night on sports center

beavis
12-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Beltran is a 30-30 guy, people love the long ball.

Nomar is a great hitter, but he hits for average, not something you see every night on sports center
If you're building your team with that mindset, you don't have much have a chance of winning anything.

Nomar has been hurt a lot though, I'll give you that one. I saw where Glaus signed a big deal today with Arizona, and was hurt most of last year. Unreal. I don't think these clowns will ever learn.

ENDelt260
12-10-2004, 02:53 PM
I saw where Glaus signed a big deal today with Arizona, and was hurt most of last year. Unreal. I don't think these clowns will ever learn.

The first part of their plan worked really well. Buy up a bunch of high priced guys, get a championship early, so as to bring in the fans. Then dump all the expensive dudes and roll with the young, cheap talent you've built up in the farm system in the meantime.

Just kinda stumblin' on the second half.

Hoover
12-10-2004, 03:03 PM
If you're building your team with that mindset, you don't have much have a chance of winning anything.

Nomar has been hurt a lot though, I'll give you that one. I saw where Glaus signed a big deal today with Arizona, and was hurt most of last year. Unreal. I don't think these clowns will ever learn.
I'm not building a team. My point is Beltran would be the biggest sports figure in Chicago and along with his huge contract would also get some endorsements due to the fact he is a stud position player in a huge TV market.

If I were building a team I would also sign him because of his age, can hit from both sides, and steals bases.

tk13
12-10-2004, 03:15 PM
He'd be a great PR move, and I'm sure the Royals have the money to pay for his contract, but it's just kinda like "ehhhh". He's old, I'd rather have Kearns... I guess supposedly the Reds are asking a high price for him though. I do think Sosa is a primadonna, always have... although I do think he'd be a better fit than Juan Gonzalez. The Royals could do worse, and they could do better I think... although Sosa will bring people to the ballpark. Maybe Jeff Pentland could revive him again, I guess that's what we'd be shooting for.

Brando
12-10-2004, 04:44 PM
He'd be a great PR move, and I'm sure the Royals have the money to pay for his contract, but it's just kinda like "ehhhh". He's old, I'd rather have Kearns... I guess supposedly the Reds are asking a high price for him though. I do think Sosa is a primadonna, always have... although I do think he'd be a better fit than Juan Gonzalez. The Royals could do worse, and they could do better I think... although Sosa will bring people to the ballpark. Maybe Jeff Pentland could revive him again, I guess that's what we'd be shooting for.

The Cubs are supposedly willing to pay a large chunk of his contract. I'm not a Sosa fan by any means, but Sweeney, Sosa, Pickering/Harvey wouldn't be too bad. Maybe even slide Buck in front of Sosa and Sweeney behind if he shows some power to see how well he can hit with a little protection. It would be good to build up Joe's confidence.

ChiTown
12-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Please God, don't let the Royals do this. Youth movement, right. Isn't that what Allard keeps proclaiming. Let's stick to it and go after Kevin Mench.

OmahaChief
12-10-2004, 04:51 PM
If that sack of crap Sosa becomes a Royal I will boycott them until he is gone.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2004, 05:28 PM
If that sack of crap Sosa becomes a Royal I will boycott them until he is gone.

At least we would have a true major league superstar not somebody in right field that should be playing in the city that you live in.

Sure-Oz
12-10-2004, 06:12 PM
We need a star player. Sosa was so embraced during the mcgwire hr year. It's funny how people get on his ass. He isn't like Juan, i doubt he'd get pissed if someone ahead of him got the game winning rbi. I would love to have Sosa, it would def. bring in fans and make things a little more exciting. We need someone to bust that pathetic 36 hr record.

VonneMarie
12-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Having Sosa here (which ain't gonna happen) might be good for the Royals attendance wise.

Besides, when was the last time the Royals had a superstar on their roster anyways?

KevB
12-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Sosa's game has deteriorated greatly over the past two seasons. He's as big an injury risk as JuanGone, and all reports are that he's become a difficult primadona. We don't need him for the amount he'd cost. And that's not even discussing the roids and corked bat....

Ari Chi3fs
12-10-2004, 09:54 PM
sammy would put butts in seats... not necessarily w's in the win column. what is more important though? And why give Sosa 15-17 million? Id rather Beltran of had that cash.

Ari Chi3fs
12-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Having Sosa here (which ain't gonna happen) might be good for the Royals attendance wise.

Besides, when was the last time the Royals had a superstar on their roster anyways?

uh, until July 2004.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2004, 10:52 PM
uh, until July 2004.

It is funny how Beltran is a superstar now, but until then he was just a good player.

Our last true superstar, gasp George Brett.

beavis
12-11-2004, 10:45 AM
It is funny how Beltran is a superstar now, but until then he was just a good player.

Our last true superstar, gasp George Brett.
True dat. Until this year, I'd hesitate to say he'd lived up to the potential the Royals thought he had. He's a money player.

Thig Lyfe
12-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Why so down on Sosa? I think he's fun to watch, has some left in the tank, and is much healthier than Juan Goon. I'd gladly welcome Slammin' Sammy to KC.

KevB
12-11-2004, 12:38 PM
True dat. Until this year, I'd hesitate to say he'd lived up to the potential the Royals thought he had. He's a money player.

Are you serious? He played on a loser team, with almost no hope of winning year in and year out. He put up big numbers, but people around here said let him go, we haven't won with him. He goes to a team with a chance to win, and blows up.

Let me ask everyone....when you work for a dying company with bad company-wide morale, does your job performance suffer? Likewise, when you love your job and company morale is high, do you step up your performance?

Sure-Oz
12-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Beltran wanted to win bad, it just didn't happen here.

Demonpenz
12-11-2004, 02:35 PM
sosa is a liability in right

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Beltran wanted to win bad, it just didn't happen here.
Yep...one person can't build a skyscraper alone.

tk13
12-11-2004, 05:18 PM
The funny part about Beltran is that this franchise's most successful stretch while he was a Royal was the 16-3 start in 2003... while Beltran was hurt. He came back and we started the descent back down to .500....

Mojo Rising
12-11-2004, 05:22 PM
It was fun being a Dodger fan in SF on Friday. Finley went to the Angels when SF thought they had him signed (had a press conference scheduled) and then LA signed Kent. The SF Chronicle Sports page had so many Dodger pix I thought I was looking at the LA Times. The SF GM found out that Finley signed w/ the Angels when a reporter who was interviewing him told him. Classic. The GM thought finley was going to be a Giant the next day.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-11-2004, 05:25 PM
sosa is a liability in right
You're right....Matt Stairs is sooo much better.

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
12-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Matt Stairs the munchkin donkscrusher man

beavis
12-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Are you serious? He played on a loser team, with almost no hope of winning year in and year out. He put up big numbers, but people around here said let him go, we haven't won with him. He goes to a team with a chance to win, and blows up.

Let me ask everyone....when you work for a dying company with bad company-wide morale, does your job performance suffer? Likewise, when you love your job and company morale is high, do you step up your performance?
He was getting paid $9 million a year to play baseball. I don't care if his junk falls off, he should be putting forth maximum effort everyday. If he wasn't, he needs to write the Royals a check right now.

And his numbers were "great" enough to never have been on an All-Star team before this year (a contract year). Yeah, he's that type of player.

Jenson71
12-12-2004, 05:47 AM
I would like to see Sosa in KC. He would have had 40 homers last summer if not for the spasms and other crap. He wouldn't feel so much pressure in KC. It'd be better for him. We'd thrown him in DH too, he'd like that.

Miles
12-12-2004, 05:53 AM
I would like to see Sosa in KC. He would have had 40 homers last summer if not for the spasms and other crap. He wouldn't feel so much pressure in KC. It'd be better for him. We'd thrown him in DH too, he'd like that.

He is making something like 17 mil a year. The cubs would have to eat a great amount of than to make it work. KC cant really afford a player that gets paid that much and still hope to improve in the future.

Jenson71
12-12-2004, 05:56 AM
He is making something like 17 mil a year. The cubs would have to eat a great amount of than to make it work. KC cant really afford a player that gets paid that much and still hope to improve in the future.

I wasn't sure how much of it is a fantasy, all this Sosa talk. I'm just saying if it were a real possiblity, I would not mind him at all...