PDA

View Full Version : IF Arrowhead was in St. Joe or Topeka what would the attendance be like?

KingPriest2
12-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Listening to 810 Keitz is saying it would still sell out. Since they have the following that they have then it would sell out. IF this is true then that might be scary for KC if Hunt can find a way to move the team.

What do you think?

Saulbadguy
12-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Topeka? Haha. Yeah right.

ptlyon
12-10-2004, 01:22 PM
TOSPEKAS!

tomahawk kid
12-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Listening to 810 Keitz is saying it would still sell out. Since they have the following that they have then it would sell out. IF this is true then that might be scary for KC if Hunt can find a way to move the team.

What do you think?

Read the first 6 words of your post and then re-evaluate this value of discussing this notion.

"IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YA."

KK is a complete dork. Listening to him is good for nothing more than losing IQ points.

I've never understood the fascination with his show or his seemingly loyal following.

HC_Chief
12-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Topeka? :spock:

That place is an armpit. I bet it <i>would</i> sell out however, as it would be the only thing going on in there. (kinda like the Packers are Green Bay, Wisconsin's sole claim to fame.... probably a good analogy, the towns are roughly the same size; Topeka may be slightly larger, but not much)

KingPriest2
12-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Guys this is hypothetical. It prob won't happen. But would it still sell out if it the Chiefs were in those cities?

chiefs4me
12-10-2004, 01:36 PM
OMG,,,,,,if they move my chiefs to joe town,,,I am so back home.PBJ

memyselfI
12-10-2004, 01:39 PM

What do you think?

Good grief. Go from one dump to another? UGH.

How about putting it somewhere in Western WYCO? Seeing that the MO folks won't go to JOCO and don't to funnel any $ there and the JOCO folks are not crazy about continuing to funnel money into KC,MO when they've so mismanaged their finances. Why not put it in some place that is up and coming like Western WYCO. Cheap land and good access to highways...could be a winner like the Speedway.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Good grief. Go from one dump to another? UGH.

How about putting it somewhere in Western WYCO? Seeing that the MO folks won't go to JOCO and don't to funnel any $ there and the JOCO folks are not crazy about continuing to funnel money into KC,MO when they've so mismanaged their finances. Why not put it in some place that is up and coming like Western WYCO. Cheap land and good access to highways...could be a winner like the Speedway.

That is exactly like where the Sports Complex is now, expect for in MO.

jcroft
12-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I lived in Topeka for 10 years. It sucks.

That having been said -- the Chiefs would sell out in Topeka, <em>for a while</em>. The first few years, sure. An NFL team will sell out its first few years <em>anyplace</em>. Topeka has proven that it can't maintain any interest in anything social or cultural, though, and I would expect the Chiefs would flounder in Topeka by their fifth or sixth year.

The KC fans would eventually get tired of driving, and would feel a lack of conection to the team since it's no longer a "hometown" team.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Move them to Emporia. That'll solve everything.

Nzoner
12-10-2004, 10:11 PM
OMG,,,,,,if they move my chiefs to joe town,,,I am so back home.PBJ

Forget it,they can't even get training camp here although they've been trying for 2 years now.

As for the original question,no,people in St Joe bitch about the 99 cent menu at Wendy's I don't think the majority would be paying $7.75 for a beer much less $59+ for a ticket.

David.
12-10-2004, 10:15 PM
**** kansas

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2004, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Nzoner 338]Forget it,they can't even get training camp here although they've been trying for 2 years now.QUOTE]

Springfield would be the best choice for traning camp, expect for we have no practice fields. :banghead: Airport, excellent dorms, small town atmosphere, visitor friendly - (Bass Pro, Branson 30 minutes away), etc.

Actually it would really be cool if the Chiefs held training camp at the Lake of the Ozarks at either Tan-Tar-A or Lodge of Four Seasons. That would be way to cool. Won't happen but it would be awesome.