PDA

View Full Version : my grandmothers funeral

badgirl
12-10-2004, 03:36 PM
My grandmother died in 1994 and the funeral was like something you would see happen to the Griswalds, first the hearse broke down on a blind curve, which led to a car stopping for the funeral and someone came around the curve and rear ended the car that had stopped, knocking it across the road, hitting another car in the funeral, beleive it or not, we had to take my grandmothers coffin out of the hearse and put it in a station wagon!!!! I swear people this is the truth, we couldn't even think of the actual death at this point, we were just wandering what the hell would happen next. :banghead: :deevee:

stumppy
12-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Why am I not suprised?

Soupnazi
12-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm wondering why something that happened in 1994, seemingly completely unrelated to anything on the board, inspired you to start this thread about it?

badgirl
12-10-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm wondering why something that happened in 1994, seemingly completely unrelated to anything on the board, inspired you to start this thread about it?I don't know it seemed about as interesting as anything else I've read, it just hit me :p sorry its not about boobs, or something, why would you read it? Must have been curious :hmmm:

stumppy
12-10-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm wondering why something that happened in 1994, seemingly completely unrelated to anything on the board, inspired you to start this thread about it?

If you lived with her you would understand.

Soupnazi
12-10-2004, 03:46 PM
I don't know it seemed about as interesting as anything else I've read, it just hit me :p sorry its not about boobs, or something, why would you read it? Must have been curious :hmmm:

Oh, I wasn't mad or offended or anything, just curious as to why. I'll let sleeping dogs lie on this one, I guess.

badgirl
12-10-2004, 03:46 PM
If you lived with her you would understand.
hey shhhh don't tell they think I'm a genious on here, did i spell genious right? :p

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2004, 03:48 PM
I don't know it seemed about as interesting as anything else I've read, it just hit me :p sorry its not about boobs, or something, why would you read it? Must have been curious :hmmm:

Did granny have Big 'uns? :hmmm:

badgirl
12-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Did granny have Big 'uns? :hmmm:
no she had long "uns ROFL

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2004, 03:50 PM
no she had long "uns ROFL

Did she prefer to be drunk, high, or sober when she had sex?

badgirl
12-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Did she prefer to be drunk, high, or sober when she had sex?it didn't really matter to her, but whoever she was having it with HAD to be drunk or stoned she was 82 years old. :)

stumppy
12-10-2004, 03:54 PM
hey shhhh don't tell they think I'm a genious on here, did i spell genious right? :p

Uh...er......right.

I'm headed back to bed. later babe.

ENDelt260
12-10-2004, 03:55 PM
I'm headed back to bed.

WTF? It's the middle of the goddammed afternoon.

badgirl
12-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Uh...er......right.

I'm headed back to bed. later babe.
later baby :p

badgirl
12-10-2004, 03:56 PM
WTF? It's the middle of the goddammed afternoon.hey he's sick lay off, :mad:

Rain Man
12-10-2004, 04:00 PM
hey he's sick lay off, :mad:

If he doesn't make it, would you at least make sure that he gets a reliable hearse?

badgirl
12-10-2004, 04:03 PM
If he doesn't make it, would you at least make sure that he gets a reliable hearse?yes, yes I will :thumb:

DeepSouth
12-10-2004, 04:04 PM
If he doesn't make it, would you at least make sure that he gets a reliable hearse?

Really. People don't drive station wagons anymore. He'd end up being strapped to the top of an SUV.

badgirl
12-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Really, because people don't drive station wagons anymore. He'd end up being strapped to the top of an SUV.
ROFL ROFL well maby a mini-van, those are around :thumb:

DeepSouth
12-10-2004, 04:09 PM
ROFL ROFL well maby a mini-van, those are around :thumb:

Could just let the coffin bounce around in the back of a pickup truck?

ChiefsOne
12-10-2004, 04:10 PM
I am sure badgirl was just thinking about her grandma and decided to share.

You just never know when something is going to pop in your head. At least for me, my mind goes about a million miles an hour from one thought to the next. I think they call it ADS.

badgirl
12-10-2004, 04:12 PM

You just never know when something is going to pop in your head. At least for me, my mind goes about a million miles an hour from one thought to the next. I think they call it ADS.thats the way I am also, I can change the subject on a dime :thumb: wonder if they would give me ritilan for it :hmmm:

badgirl
12-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Could just let the coffin bounce around in the back of a pickup truck?that was actually my first thought, like on "Next of Kin" ROFL

ENDelt260
12-10-2004, 04:18 PM
thats the way I am also, I can change the subject on a dime

My big bro in the fraternity would often start sentences and not finish... well, sometimes he'd finish them a few days later.

Seriously. It was weird. Just out of the middle of nowhere he'd make some off the wall comment.. and everyone would just look at him like, "What the f*ck?"

His most famous unfinished sentence came in a discussion about some girl. Someone mentioned she had a boyfriend, and my big bro just says, "Boyfriends are like matches." That's it. Just took a drink of his beer and didn't say another word. Never did find out how, exactly, boyfriends are like matches. But, I repeated that mantra for years all the same.

Cochise
12-10-2004, 04:36 PM
His most famous unfinished sentence came in a discussion about some girl. Someone mentioned she had a boyfriend, and my big bro just says, "Boyfriends are like matches." That's it. Just took a drink of his beer and didn't say another word. Never did find out how, exactly, boyfriends are like matches. But, I repeated that mantra for years all the same.

Sometimes I think when people do that they are waiting for you ask them why. But then they get mad or humiliated when no one gives enough of a crap to ask them what the hell they mean. So then they are like, well, the hell with you, I'm not telling.

Hydrae
12-10-2004, 04:44 PM

You just never know when something is going to pop in your head. At least for me, my mind goes about a million miles an hour from one thought to the next. I think they call it ADS.

I tend to get that way. It is like carrying on 2 or 3 conversations at once. Jumping tracks along the way but in the end, it makes sense if you can follow it!

And yes, sometimes it is a day or two later when the right train comes along again and I remember a point I was going to make. Good thing my wife understands. Otherwise it would take me a while to get the other person up to speed on what I am talking about. Of course by then 2 more topics have gotten started! ROFL

badgirl
12-10-2004, 04:47 PM
I tend to get that way. It is like carrying on 2 or 3 conversations at once. Jumping tracks along the way but in the end, it makes sense if you can follow it!

And yes, sometimes it is a day or two later when the right train comes along again and I remember a point I was going to make. Good thing my wife understands. Otherwise it would take me a while to get the other person up to speed on what I am talking about. Of course by then 2 more topics have gotten started! ROFL
EXACTLY :thumb: :clap: THATS ME EXACTLY glad you know how to express the way I am, I would have done it myself, but I was thinking about something else :)

Rain Man
12-10-2004, 04:56 PM
My big bro in the fraternity would often start sentences and not finish... well, sometimes he'd finish them a few days later.

Seriously. It was weird. Just out of the middle of nowhere he'd make some off the wall comment.. and everyone would just look at him like, "What the f*ck?"

I like that style.

Personally, I'll bet he would have finished it by saying, "They'll catch on fire if you scrape their heads across a rough surface hard enough."

DeepSouth
12-10-2004, 04:58 PM
EXACTLY :thumb: :clap: THATS ME EXACTLY glad you know how to express the way I am, I would have done it myself, but I was thinking about something else :)

The term "Scatter-Brain" comes to mind. I knew a guy like that in the navy. We called him Tumbleweed because he just drifted around.............

Rain Man
12-10-2004, 04:59 PM
thats the way I am also, I can change the subject on a dime :thumb: wonder if they would give me ritilan for it :hmmm:

My mind is like a freight train. It never gets off track unless it hits a cow.

badgirl
12-10-2004, 05:04 PM
The term "Scatter-Brain" comes to mind. I knew a guy like that in the navy. We called him Tumbleweed because he just drifted around............."Scatter-Brain" :hmmm: yea kinda i guess, I must have adult ADD or something to that effect. :(

Hydrae
12-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Scatter-Brain? I have no idea what you are talk...hey look something shiney on the ground.

Where were we? Oh yeah, adult ADD. I hate what they do to kids with ADD and the stupid drugs they want to put them on.

Hey, that shiney thing disappeared. I wonder if it is gone or if it just because the sun has moved.

I saw an interesting show the other day on Discovery about how the "atmosphere" of the sun extends out to like 3 times the distance of Pluto's orbit.

You know, if I lean my head over to the side like this, I see the shiney thing again. Wonder why...

Speaking of Discovery channel have you been watching the Egypt Live stuff this week? Talk about cool stuff! They found a sarcophagus in a previously unopened tomb.

Ritalin is horrible stuff. Especially the way they push it off on mostly young boys. Like they don't realize that boys will naturally be more rowdy than the girls. Instead we will drug them and make them into brain dead zombies before they hit puberty.

Oh I get it, that shiney thing is just a piece of a wrapper that is blowing in the wind. That is why it looks like it keep disappearing.

Check out the web site for Discovery.com, there are a bunch of video links for the stuff they have been doing this week. I just can't get enough of this ancient Egypt stuff! Someday I will go there and I will touch the great pyramid. I can not die until I get to do that!!!

Anyway, this is an example of my kind of conversation with someone. You just have to be able to piece it all together and it makes sense. I think.

Oh, and do check out discovery.com for those Egypt live videos. They are all from this week as you watch them unearth things not seen in 2000+ years! :thumb:

ENDelt260
12-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Scatter-Brain? I have no idea what you are talk...hey look something shiney on the ground.

Where were we? Oh yeah, adult ADD. I hate what they do to kids with ADD and the stupid drugs they want to put them on.

Hey, that shiney thing disappeared. I wonder if it is gone or if it just because the sun has moved.

I saw an interesting show the other day on Discovery about how the "atmosphere" of the sun extends out to like 3 times the distance of Pluto's orbit.

You know, if I lean my head over to the side like this, I see the shiney thing again. Wonder why...

Speaking of Discovery channel have you been watching the Egypt Live stuff this week? Talk about cool stuff! They found a sarcophagus in a previously unopened tomb.

Ritalin is horrible stuff. Especially the way they push it off on mostly young boys. Like they don't realize that boys will naturally be more rowdy than the girls. Instead we will drug them and make them into brain dead zombies before they hit puberty.

Oh I get it, that shiney thing is just a piece of a wrapper that is blowing in the wind. That is why it looks like it keep disappearing.

Check out the web site for Discovery.com, there are a bunch of video links for the stuff they have been doing this week. I just can't get enough of this ancient Egypt stuff! Someday I will go there and I will touch the great pyramid. I can not die until I get to do that!!!

Anyway, this is an example of my kind of conversation with someone. You just have to be able to piece it all together and it makes sense. I think.

Oh, and do check out discovery.com for those Egypt live videos. They are all from this week as you watch them unearth things not seen in 2000+ years! :thumb:
I'd have no problem with that.

It's all the same when you're not paying attention anyway. I just listen for the babbling to stop so I can talk about me more.

LiL stumppy
12-10-2004, 07:21 PM
WTF? It's the middle of the goddammed afternoon.

You have to love with him to understand him.

badgirl
12-10-2004, 07:25 PM
what are you doing up? I thought you were sick. :hmmm:

LiL stumppy
12-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Im better :) and its 7:30 on a friday night.Not that late.But im still to sick to go do anything.

badgirl
12-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Im better :) and its 7:30 on a friday night.Not that late.But im still to sick to go do anything.
well, well, if your all better why are you not at our house? Skipping out on the weekend of excitement huh? :)

LiL stumppy
12-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Cause dad is still sick :)

badgirl
12-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Cause dad is still sick :)
Matts there, I'm there :hmmm: just joking

LiL stumppy
12-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Well matt isn't allergic or w/e you wanna say to smoke as much as I am and he isn't sick :)

badgirl
12-10-2004, 08:03 PM
you caught it from matt, now he's all better, I am lucky I haven't been sick yet.

LiL stumppy
12-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Yea stay away from there.LOL

badgirl
12-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Yea stay away from there.LOL
uh, ok :(

ENDelt260
12-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey man... I don't know what you've heard, but I don't get that close to other posters.

badgirl
12-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey man... I don't know what you've heard, but I don't get that close to other posters.
ROFL ROFL sure you don't :)