PDA

View Full Version : DonkeyFaz are revolting: Start "Fire Shannahan Dot Com" site

Ugly Duck
12-11-2004, 08:36 AM
This is scary. If even DonkeyFanz are seeing through the "genious" moniker, we AFCW rivals might end up with a post-Elway Denver team that could contend. Read this preamble from an actual DonkeyFan:

"Since the retirement of John Elway (a retirement hastened by Shanahan) the Denver Broncos have consistently underachieved. Without a Hall of Fame quarterback at the helm Shanahan hasn't done anything. The Broncos haven't won an AFC West Title, and they haven't won a playoff game since Elway's retirement.

During the last few years these Broncos teams have started out hot and then fallen apart half way through the year.

The blame has always gone to somebody else, be it Brian Griese, Ray Rhodes, or somebody else in the organization. But the blame lies with Shanahan.

This site is here to document the failures of Mike Shanahan and make the case that he needs to be removed from both the sideline and the front office."

Denver Broncos Records since the retirement of John Elway:

1999: 6-10 (Miss Playoffs)
2000: 11-5 (First round loss)
2001: 8-8 (Miss Playoffs)
2002: 9-7 (Miss Playoffs)
2003: 10-6 (First Round Loss)

http://www.fireshanahan.com/

Earthling
12-11-2004, 08:46 AM
I've always said Donko fans were revolting...

wazu
12-11-2004, 08:48 AM
Shanahan is a good coach. Bronco fans are out of their minds if they want that. (And there's no way it would happen.)

Gaz
12-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Shannahan is doomed.

DOOMED, I tell you.

xoxo~
Gaz
Amused from afar.

cash1000
12-11-2004, 09:11 AM
What would they do with a team that hasn't won a play-off game in ten years and hadn't been to a Superbowl in 30 years thats in the 17th year of a 5 year Superbowl plan, burn the stadium? Kansas City might be the only town in the NFL where the fans might have waited for 16 years before the finally getting pissed off enough to start making a big stink except Phoenix, Arizona. Chiefs fans may not like me saying this but Kansas City would trade the past 15 years of Chiefs football for the past 15 years of Denver football

morphius
12-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Shanahan is a good coach. Bronco fans are out of their minds if they want that. (And there's no way it would happen.)
I dont know, this will e 6 years without a playoff win, unless they pull off a miracle.

stevieray
12-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Chiefs fans may not like me saying this but Kansas City would trade the past 15 years of Chiefs football for the past 15 years of Denver football

Not in a million years.

Screw those cheating bastards.

cash1000
12-11-2004, 09:17 AM
They got 2 Superbowl rings won in the past ten years the thing Chiefs fans desire the most. What packed out Arrowhead for the last 16 years was a promise of a Superbowl and enough winning to make it seem like it was gonna happen.

stevieray
12-11-2004, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=cash1000]They got 2 Superbowl rings QUOTE]

Broncos

wazu
12-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Broncos

AAH! We need the qualifying text!

cash1000
12-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Has the league lauched an investigation to find out if the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) are guilty and if so take away their Superbowl victories..........HELL NO!

Rukdafaidas
12-11-2004, 09:32 AM
I would be thrilled if the Broncos got rid of Shanahan. I think he's the best game planner in the NFL. His only problem, and it's a big one, is his relationship with his players.

cash1000
12-11-2004, 09:32 AM
P.S. You won't to worry about Carl or Lamar violating the salary cap to win a Superbowl their trying to put every dime they can into their pocket and don't give a rats behind about winning a Superbowl!

stevieray
12-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Has the league lauched an investigation to find out if the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) are guilty and if so take out away their Superbowl victories..........HELL NO!

No, that would be embarassing to the NFL, they'll just take your third round draft pick after the fact, just to save what little face they have left in the matter. kinda like not ejecting greased players.

Anywho, the rat deserves to be fired. Hasn't done squat without Elway. How much money in just the last two QB's...Aren't you paying the starting QB for Tampa?

cash1000
12-11-2004, 09:37 AM
The Chiefs can add the $6 million they are under the salary cap to their profits. HMMM.... then why in heck is Lamar talking about selling the Wizards cause he needs money for the Chiefs. Are you joking?

the Talking Can
12-11-2004, 09:40 AM
The Chiefs can add the $6 million they are under the salary cap to their profits. HMMM.... then why in heck is Lamar talking about selling the Wizards cause he needs money for the Chiefs. Are you joking?

how about starting your own "I'm the only person who's ever thought about bashing the Chiefs" thread and not ruining a perfectly good chance to laugh the bronocs.....

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Some DEN fans have forgotten what it was like prior to Shanahan coming along. Some don't realize that QBs like Elway are one in a million.

So, some yahoo puts up an anti-Shanahan site... big deal. Who are you going to get? Shanahan has been there a long time and I wouldn't be shocked if a change occurred, but I can't think of too many folks I would rather have.

Some DEN fans are spoiled... and some don't remember the pre-Shanahan era b/c they were rooting for different teams.

Skip Towne
12-11-2004, 10:00 AM
I just hope they do whatever is worse for the Donx.

Deberg_1990
12-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Some DEN fans have forgotten what it was like prior to Shanahan coming along. Some don't realize that QBs like Elway are one in a million.

So, some yahoo puts up an anti-Shanahan site... big deal. Who are you going to get? Shanahan has been there a long time and I wouldn't be shocked if a change occurred, but I can't think of too many folks I would rather have.

Some DEN fans are spoiled... and some don't remember the pre-Shanahan era b/c they were rooting for different teams.

You mean like the Wade Phillips era?? Didnt his defense pick off Plummer four times last Sunday??

RedNeckRaider
12-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Very true when you guys changed uniforms and won the bowls they came out in droves. I know some who are deep orange and roll their eyes at the newbes

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 10:12 AM
No, that would be embarassing to the NFL, they'll just take your third round draft pick after the fact, just to save what little face they have left in the matter. kinda like not ejecting greased players.

Anywho, the rat deserves to be fired. Hasn't done squat without Elway. How much money in just the last two QB's...Aren't you paying the starting QB for Tampa?

Since 1999 - regular season
DEN is 51 & 41 (1 sub .500 season / 2 playoff losses)
OAK is 49 & 43 (3 sub .500 seasons / 4-3 playoffs)
KC is 47 & 45 (3 sub .500 seasons / 1 playoff loss)
SD is 35 & 57 (4 sub .500 seasons / 0 playoffs)

So, Shanahan and DEN have not won a playoff game or a divional title, but they've had the fewest losing seasons and they've won more regular season games within the division since Elway retired.

Fisher in TN is 60 and 32 (2 sub .500 seasons / 5-4 playoffs)
Cowher in PIT is 55 and 36 (2 sub .500 seasons / 2-2 playoffs)

So, since Elway retired DEN hasn't had any playoff success, but it's only been 5 years. It takes time to build a champion and they've had hits and misses, but his teams are always competitive and even with some of the players he's taken chances with... they're better than any other AFCW team since Elway left. And, he's right there in the race with Fisher and Cowher, and they've been with their teams longer and he's brought no championships to the Steel City.

That could change for Cowher this year... it's called patience. I'm sure some Steelers' fans wanted Cowher gone one of the last few years. He's had his blunders with Kordell, but that happens.

My point is ... I waited a long damn time to see my team win it all... 5 years is nothing. Some "fans" should realize that.

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 10:14 AM
You mean like the Wade Phillips era?? Didnt his defense pick off Plummer four times last Sunday??

Ummm... was that some sorta smack that would suggest they never should have let go of Phillips? I liked the guy, he came in and opened up the offense a bit. Plus, it wasn't his defense that picked off Plummer ... Plummer sux, right?

Deberg_1990
12-11-2004, 10:16 AM

So, Shanahan and DEN have not won a game or a divional title, but they've had the fewest losing seasons and they've won more regular season games within the division since Elway retired.

So, since Elway retired DEN hasn't had any playoff success, but it's only been 5 years. It takes time to build a champion and they've had hits and misses, but his teams are always competitive and even with some of the players he's taken chances with... they're better than any other AFCW team since Elway left. And, he's right there in the race with Fisher and Cowher, and they've been with their teams longer and he's brought no championships to the Steel City.

That could change for Cowher this year... it's called patience. I'm sure some Steelers' fans wanted Cowher gone one of the last few years. He's had his blunders with Kordell, but that happens.

My point is ... I waited a long damn time to see my team win it all... 5 years is nothing. Some "fans" should realize that.

IM in agreeance with you. Ill be honest, being a Chiefs fan, I would love to have the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) past 15 years of History! 2 Super Bowl wins!! Your right, most of your fans got spoiled by Elway. Its hard to follow a legend and everyone else pales by comparison. Same thing will happen here in KC when Priest retires. One thing Shanny must do though is draft and develop a young QB. I have yet to see him ever do that??

stevieray
12-11-2004, 10:19 AM

So, Shanahan and DEN have not won a game or a divional title, but they've had the fewest losing seasons and they've won more regular season games within the division since Elway retired.

Hell, he should have the best record. Every other AFC west team has different HC's during this tenure. A lot easier when you aren't installing new systems.

Deberg_1990
12-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Ummm... was that some sorta smack that would suggest they never should have let go of Phillips? I liked the guy, he came in and opened up the offense a bit. Plus, it wasn't his defense that picked off Plummer ... Plummer sux, right?

Just a little smack talk is all.....its all good. Phillips is one of those guys who are great co-ordinators but not great head coaches. You hear me Norv Turner and Dave Wandstadt??

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 10:21 AM
IM in agreeance with you. Ill be honest, being a Chiefs fan, I would love to have the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) past 15 years of History! 2 Super Bowl wins!! Your right, most of your fans got spoiled by Elway. Its hard to follow a legend and everyone else pales by comparison. Same thing will happen here in KC when Priest retires. One thing Shanny must do though is draft and develop a young QB. I have yet to see him ever do that??

Yeah, I'm not sure if he can, but he did do some good things with Griese. Griese has some personal issues and ultimately that sealed his fate in DEN. I don't know if he has fixed his issues or not, but he's looking good in Tampa.

If you watch him play, there are times you go "that's what Shanahan saw and that's why they dropped that contract on him". I think he's done a good job of fixing Jake, although he still has flashbacks to Arizona, like last week.

Some fans want it all and there always has to be someone to blame b/c there's just no explanation as to why "their team" can't be 12-4 every year. If DEN fans think the last 5 years have sucked, then get rid of Shanahan - his coaches - some of these players and let's go through a 3-4 year rebuilding phase.

That sounds like fun.

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Just a little smack talk is all.....its all good. Phillips is one of those guys who are great co-ordinators but not great head coaches. You hear me Norv Turner and Dave Wandstadt??

I hear ya...

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Hell, he should have the best record. Every other AFC west team has different HC's during this tenure. A lot easier when you aren't installing new systems.

Ohhh, is that it.

stevieray
12-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Ohhh, is that it.

ooooh yes it is. The last time the Chiefs had a coach for that long, we made the playoffs almost every year.

Shanny's tenure is about to end.

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 10:38 AM
ooooh yes it is. The last time the Chiefs had a coach for that long, we made the playoffs almost every year.

Shanny's tenure is about to end.

Marty was there for 10 years... advanced to the playoffs 7 times. Marty was 3-7 in the playoffs. Marty did nothing in the playoffs (aside from 1 season) over 10 years, that helped his firing.

If Shanahan is gone after this year, I won't be shocked. It's a "what have you done lately for me" attitude with management and especially fans.

I think he'll stay, he deserves to stay.

stevieray
12-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Marty was there for 10 years... advanced to the playoffs 7 times. Marty was 3-7 in the playoffs. Marty did nothing in the playoffs (aside from 1 season) over 10 years, that helped his firing.

If Shanahan is gone after this year, I won't be shocked. It's a "what have you done lately for me" attitude with management and especially fans.

I think he'll stay, he deserves to stay.

All true. Though I will say that Sharpes criticism is spot on. It's almost like the Rat needs to prove that Plummint is the answer to Elway. He put the game in his hands instead of RD's.

I'm thinking you guys might not recover from the Raider loss at home. If that happens, it's not gonna be pretty, especially if you lose to us on the 19th.

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 10:51 AM
All true. Though I will say that Sharpes criticism is spot on. It's almost like the Rat needs to prove that Plummint is the answer to Elway. He put the game in his hands instead of RD's.

I'm thinking you guys might not recover from the Raider loss at home. If that happens, it's not gonna be pretty, especially if you lose to us on the 19th.

Sharpe had some points. I don't think there's any doubt that Shanahan has been out to prove that while neither Griese nor Plummer are near Elway's talent level, he was hell bent to win with them and to make them look really good. That's backfired a few times.

The thing about not putting it in RD's hands last week... it's not like he or Bell were tearing up the Chargers' defense. They were having some success in the air, while the ground game was contained. So, some of Sharpe's comments are him just speaking his mind. Plus, if he handles DEN like Schlereth does sometimes, he'll never be taken seriously. Know what I mean?

The loss to Oakland will haunt them for a long while... and that's more on Bailey's head than anyone else. I'm not sure what to expect, but the road to a wildcard is a tough one. I'd be happy for them, but another playoff loss would do nothing for me.

You made a comment earlier about how Shanahan should have a better record b/c of the HC turnover in the division since 1999. Well, on that same note... that's kinda why I'm not all up in arms about not getting deep in the playoffs or not having won a divisional title. It's only been 5 years... they've gone through 2 starting QBs, one being Griese - first part of his career. They've gone through Davis, Gary, Anderson, Portis and now Droughns. Sharpe left, came back and retired. Then the defense has gone through 3 DC's and a lot of talent turnover.

So, while Shanahan has been there the whole time... the team has consistently changed and for the better for the most part. Again, some people want instant success... it just doesn't happen. It took me a couple of years to accept it and some are still sitting there with incredibly high and unrealistic expectations.

big nasty kcnut
12-11-2004, 11:33 AM
I would rather be a chiefs fan then a Broncos *

fan

Mile High Mania
12-11-2004, 11:34 AM
I would rather be a chiefs fan then a Broncos *

fan

Congrats! You are....

big nasty kcnut
12-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Thank god.

alanm
12-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Jim Haslett will be available for the job in January. :)

Wile_E_Coyote
12-11-2004, 01:25 PM
There was a snippet on the radio that said, because of Shanahan's contract that has 4 years left, Shanahan could not be fired. He could quit, but could not be fired. This was not explained & I have no idea who made the comment. Would they have to pay off the contract? Or more than likely this guy was full of sh#t

Ugly Duck
12-11-2004, 02:44 PM
SD is 35 & 57 (4 sub .500 seasons / 0 playoffs)And there ya have it. There ya go. Milehigh sez it best... Oakland has been the shining star in the AFCW since Buck went out to pasture with his illegal deffered-salary cap-violating payments from the Donkeys. As Milehigh so aptly puts it, the "genious" of Shannahan is really just the historic play of a bucktoothed old car salesman named Elway. Thank you, Milehigh... you are an admirable Rayder homer....

KcMizzou
12-11-2004, 03:53 PM
DonkeyFaz are revolting

Aint that the truth...

Thig Lyfe
12-11-2004, 03:59 PM
This reminds me... where the hell is that FireCarlPeterson site?

Mile High Mania
12-12-2004, 08:30 AM
And there ya have it. There ya go. Milehigh sez it best... Oakland has been the shining star in the AFCW since Buck went out to pasture with his illegal deffered-salary cap-violating payments from the Donkeys. As Milehigh so aptly puts it, the "genious" of Shannahan is really just the historic play of a bucktoothed old car salesman named Elway. Thank you, Milehigh... you are an admirable Rayder homer....

Ha! That's a bit of a stretch there, Ugly...