PDA

View Full Version : Funny stuff: Madden franchise story

LTownChief
12-12-2004, 03:20 AM
ok, 2nd year in my Madden 2005 Chief franchise, first year Vonnie Holliday has like 4 sacks and started every game and like 20 tackles, but he's rated an 88. so I traded him for the Bears first and second rounder, which happens to end up being the first overall pick in the draft. So, the gay little newspaper feature that is new, has 5, not kidding you 5 front page articles saying the same thing.

Vonnie Holliday Traded?
"fans are outraged that the Kansas City Chiefs have traded All-Pro DE Vonnie Holliday to the Bears, the general manager and the coach are extremely angry at each other over this."

then year 3, which is now, I trade Kawika Mitchell, and I get a first and second rounder out of him because he had to start the first year because Biesel went down so he went up to an 87. But he still sucked, had only 50 tackles after starting each game, no sacks and maybe a couple ints. so after I traded him the same thing:

""fans are outraged that the Kansas City Chiefs have traded All-Pro MLB Kawika Mitchell to the Cardinals, the general manager and the coach are extremely angry at each other over this."

then I go onto the email feature and it says
"big mistake trading me, going to be a long season."

Everybody you trade in madden are All-pro's apparently and no moves are a good one!!! would you fans be really upset if we got 1st and 2nd rounders out of those guys???

Rausch
12-12-2004, 03:24 AM
See what happens when you become Carl Peterson?

LTownChief
12-12-2004, 03:28 AM
oh and btw, I got Trent Green backing up Kordell Stewart who is awesome in this game!

Rausch
12-12-2004, 03:42 AM
oh and btw, I got Trent Green backing up Kordell Stewart who is awesome in this game!

For that you should be beaten in the street.

Trade for McMahon, who's like a 92-94 after 2 years (I'm still pissed we missed out on him :cuss: )

Ultra Peanut
12-12-2004, 03:50 AM
Trade for McMahon, who's like a 92-94 after 2 years (I'm still pissed we missed out on him :cuss: )**** Billy Baber. **** him in his stupid ****ing ass.

tk13
12-12-2004, 03:51 AM
:shake: Baber haters, all of you.

Rausch
12-12-2004, 03:51 AM
**** Billy Baber. **** him in his stupid ****ing ass.

Eh, he's a FA and gone after year one anyway...

Bob Dole
12-12-2004, 04:55 AM
Bob Dole thought Madden was supposed to be realistic.

Douche Baggins
12-12-2004, 04:56 AM
Bob Dole thought Madden was supposed to be realistic.

Bob Dole thought wrong.

The newspaper is good for about 5 or 6 games. It gets really repetitive. And usually it just repeats the crap in your "e-mail."

DaWolf
12-12-2004, 06:26 AM
The fact that you can trade anyone below the upper 90's ratings for a first and second rounder is just plain stupid. That's what I never liked about Madden's franchise mode, it was never very challenging...

htismaqe
12-12-2004, 06:57 AM
The fact that you can trade anyone below the upper 90's ratings for a first and second rounder is just plain stupid. That's what I never liked about Madden's franchise mode, it was never very challenging...

Well, it's interesting you bring that up.

Because I just tried trading an 87-OVR player for a 1st and 2nd round draft pick, just to see if it's possible.

It's not. At least not in my game.

Douche Baggins
12-12-2004, 07:01 AM

Because I just tried trading an 87-OVR player for a 1st and 2nd round draft pick, just to see if it's possible.

Yeah, same here.

You might be able to ACQUIRE that kind of player for a high draft pick.

LTownChief
12-12-2004, 08:56 AM

I put them on the trading block and requested 1st and 2nd rounders, and with Holliday one team offered that and with Mitchell three teams did, in my franchise

Over-Head
12-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Iím still playing and trying to get the bonus games lock codes from Madden 2002 :(

Rain Man
12-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Whenever I play the Madden franchise mode, I make sure that I always stay at least $6 million below the cap. That way, I keep the owner happy, and I've found that it still lets me make a good enough team to put fans in the seats.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Whenever I play the Madden franchise mode, I make sure that I always stay at least $6 million below the cap. That way, I keep the owner happy, and I've found that it still lets me make a good enough team to put fans in the seats.

Rep

Braincase
12-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Iím still playing and trying to get the bonus games lock codes from Madden 2002 :(

The bonus codes you're looking for:

Madden 2002: RGANNONSBMVP
Madden 2003: R8DERSSBREPEAT
Madden 2004: BWAHAHAHAHAHA

LTownChief
12-12-2004, 01:51 PM
another funny thing is, week in and week out William Bartee, Mike Maslowski and Chris Bober, always complain about no PT. every single week the same article's are in the newspaper and that stupid email.

"You pay me to play, so put me on the field"
or
"I refuse to just sit here on the bench, you better start playing me"
or
"Why am I not starting for this team?"

then the newspaper will say:
Bartee Comes Out
"When I don't play, we lose." Bartee said "it's that simple"

it's so stupid!!!!

Pitt Gorilla
12-12-2004, 02:46 PM
2k5 rules.

Ultra Peanut
12-12-2004, 02:52 PM
2k5 rules.Yeah... aside from the Franchise mode.

Thig Lyfe
12-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah... aside from the Franchise mode.

And the game part.