PDA

View Full Version : Fantasty Football help......again

Dartgod
12-12-2004, 08:15 AM
First round of our playoffs and I have some favorable matchups. But I can't make up my mind. Your input is appreciated.

RBs (start 2)
Corey Dillon vs. Cincinatti
Reuben Droughns vs. Miami
Edgerrin James @ Houston

WRs (start 3)
Donald Driver vs. Detroit
Marcus Robinson vs. Seattle
Hines Ward vs. NY Jets
David Patten vs. Cincinatti
Lee Evans vs. Cleveland (he's been putting up nice numbers lately, 180 tds and 3 TDs the last two weeks)

Hammock Parties
12-12-2004, 08:18 AM
First round of our playoffs and I have some favorable matchups. But I can't make up my mind. Your input is appreciated.

RBs (start 2)
Edgerrin James @ Houston

WRs (start 3)
Hines Ward vs. NY Jets
Lee Evans vs. Cleveland (he's been putting up nice numbers lately, 180 tds and 3 TDs the last two weeks)

Dillon
James

Driver
Robinson
Patten (Ward's going up against a decent secondary and hasn't done much this year)

Dartgod
12-12-2004, 08:28 AM
(Ward's going up against a decent secondary and hasn't done much this year)
Yeah, he's been kind of disappointing for me.

kc1977
12-12-2004, 08:49 AM

RBs (start 2)
Edgerrin James @ Houston

WRs (start 3)
Hines Ward vs. NY Jets

I'd take Dillon and James. Droughns has a great matchup, and he is on my team, and I'm really nervous about Tatem Bell taking carries away.

For WRs, I take Lee Evans, Donald Driver, and Hines Ward.

As for me, I am 7-6 with the playoffs on the line today. I am playing the toughest team in the league, so I think I'd like to gamble. I'm benching Drew Brees vs. Tampa. Now, do I play Vinnie vs the Saints, or do I really gamble and play Volek on Monday night, with the chance that McNair actually might play and I get a zero with Volek. I'm leaning toward Volek - this week calls for high-risk/high-reward calls.

On the same front, I have Eric Moulds and Keenan McCardell as my WRs. Like with Brees, I don't like playing McCardell against the tough Tampa D as of late. So, do I try to hope that Buffalo lays 50 on Cleveland and start Lee Evans beside Moulds? I'm also starting Willis McGahee.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

Dartgod
12-12-2004, 09:18 AM
I'd start Volek and play Moulds/McCardle. I'm not a big fan of playing two player from the same team at the same position.

TheNextStep
12-12-2004, 09:19 AM
RBs (start 2)
Edgerrin James @ Houston

WRs (start 3)
Hines Ward vs. NY Jets
Lee Evans vs. Cleveland

kc1977
12-12-2004, 09:20 AM
I'd start Volek and play Moulds/McCardle. I'm not a big fan of playing two player from the same team at the same position.

Neither am I. But, I was still not comfortable with McCardell...so, I went and picked up Jerry Rice. Darrell Jackson may not play today because of personal issues, and the Seahawks get to play the Vikings, so I like the matchup.

Thanks.

Mile High Mania
12-12-2004, 09:27 AM
RBs (start 2)
Edgerrin James @ Houston

WRs (start 3)
Hines Ward vs. NY Jets

RBs ...
I think Edge is a no brainer start. Then, I'd start Dillon. The Bengals are weak on defense and NE has leaned on Dillon a lot and will be getting him in prime mode for the playoff run.

WRs
Driver missed practice on Friday, should still start. So, he's a starter unless you notice otherwise prior to kickoff.

Marcus Robinson and Hines Ward have been big disappointments in the last few games. Patten is completely unpredictable, especially now that Branch is back. (Damn Branch ... he returns and their passing game vanishes). And, yes, Lee Evans has been hot lately and against the Browns, I think you have to start him.

I'd go with Driver, Evans and ... (seriously go with your gut here, all 3 are a damn mystery with nice match-ups) probably Robinson, Ward and Patten in that order.

That 3rd WR spot is a tough one.

Dartgod
12-12-2004, 09:44 AM
RBs ...
I think Edge is a no brainer start. Then, I'd start Dillon. The Bengals are weak on defense and NE has leaned on Dillon a lot and will be getting him in prime mode for the playoff run.

WRs
Driver missed practice on Friday, should still start. So, he's a starter unless you notice otherwise prior to kickoff.

Marcus Robinson and Hines Ward have been big disappointments in the last few games. Patten is completely unpredictable, especially now that Branch is back. (Damn Branch ... he returns and their passing game vanishes). And, yes, Lee Evans has been hot lately and against the Browns, I think you have to start him.

I'd go with Driver, Evans and ... (seriously go with your gut here, all 3 are a damn mystery with nice match-ups) probably Robinson, Ward and Patten in that order.

That 3rd WR spot is a tough one.

Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with Edge/Dillon and Driver/Evans/Ward

Hoover
12-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with Edge/Dillon and Driver/Evans/Ward
Yep good job!

Who shoudl I start out of these 3 backs

Rudi Johnson vs NE
O. Smith vs Seasucks
Nick Goings vs Stl