PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing that I found at the Mane

KingPriest2
12-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Road to Recovery Starts in Miami
Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) find themselves soul searching in December... again...
Tuesday, December 7 2004

Shanahan has been under fire by media and fans after another disappointing late season stumble.

After two losses in a row, the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) have lost their grip on the AFC West, and are now faced with an uphill battle into the post season. While the game against the Chargers was the first real "must win" moment for the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons), each game from here on out becomes the new must win. It's mathematically conceivable that the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) could lose one more game and still make the playoffs, however it's a long shot.

On the upside, the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) have been on play away from victory in just about every game they've lost this season. On the downside, the current leaders of the AFC are in their positions because they've dominated the scoreboard, not just hung around.

A sorry Miami team looks like just what the doctor ordered. A convincing win in Miami could be a good confidence builer on the road to recovery. The season looks like a long shot right now, but in the next four weeks fans will find out what kind of heart the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) really have.

ROFL Dumbasses they are playing in Denver not Miami. Their own fans don't even know where they are playing. Pathetic.

Taco you suck!

Ari Chi3fs
12-12-2004, 02:45 PM
one thing i find peculiar about the Donx... is that they are both 5th in offense and defense... yet wont make the playoffs. heh. NE is 9th and 9th and 11-1

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-12-2004, 02:48 PM
denver...heh..............like THAT'S a real football team...

easymobee
12-12-2004, 03:55 PM
denver...heh..............like THAT'S a real football team...

I hate to point out the obvious, but at least Denver is still playing meaningful football at this point.

Not jockying for draft position or continuing to make whomever is in charge of setting up the MNF matchups life hell.

Kclee
12-12-2004, 04:03 PM
I hate to point out the obvious, but at least Denver is still playing meaningful football at this point.

Meaningful? I doubt it. The Seahawks have won the AFC West div. more recently than the Broncos. Denvers not going anywhere either. :p

Thig Lyfe
12-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Meaningful? I doubt it. The Seahawks have won the AFC West div. more recently than the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons). Denvers not going anywhere either. :p

You stole my avatar.

Bastards.

easymobee
12-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Meaningful? I doubt it. The Seahawks have won the AFC West div. more recently than the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons). Denvers not going anywhere either. :p

They don't put the AFC West Champions name on the Lombardi.

Thats why you don't see Seattle's name on it.

And you have to go awayyyyyssss back for the home team.

Missouri loves company.

-edit-

What would you rather have had in 96?

An AFC West Division crown and 1 and out ( What KC Got )

A Wildcard berth and the Lombardi? ( What Denver Got )

Its too easy ....

Kclee
12-12-2004, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=easymobee]They don't put the AFC West Champions name on the Lombardi.

Missouri loves company.

QUOTE]

I guess lucky for Denver that they don't put "Violated the salary cap" on the Lombardi either. You're right, too easy.

easymobee
12-12-2004, 04:19 PM
I think its a KC fan imagination ( the fact that the Salary Cap issues are the only reason we won those 2 rings ).

But what would you rather do?

Violate the Cap .... only to get a slap on the wrist nearly a decade later ... or leave 6 mil (or so) in unused cap room and tank the season?

I think its a bigger crime to do what KC has done (not done) with the salary cap this year than anything that happened in 96.

just my opinion ....

Bowser
12-12-2004, 04:22 PM
I think its a KC fan imagination ( the fact that the Salary Cap issues are the only reason we won those 2 rings ).

But what would you rather do?

Violate the Cap .... only to get a slap on the wrist nearly a decade later ... or leave 6 mil (or so) in unused cap room and tank the season?

I think its a bigger crime to do what KC has done (not done) with the salary cap this year than anything that happened in 96.

just my opinion ....

You probablly hope Bonds breaks the home run record too, dontcha?

easymobee
12-12-2004, 04:29 PM
You probablly hope Bonds breaks the home run record too, dontcha?

Oh no ... i can't stand Bonds.

Y'know ... im signing off of this thread for now, but the Salary Cap thing really isn't a big deal anywhere but on Chiefs boards ( and some Charger-Raiders by proxy due to hanging out amongst you guys ).

I think its just quite an interesting security blanket that you guys clutch to.

I really don't think anyone is planning on rewriting the History books and changing the end result of those 2 years.

Good luck with that crusade though.

cdcox
12-12-2004, 04:31 PM

A worthy cause worth sacrificing for.

morphius
12-12-2004, 04:31 PM

Y'know ... im signing off of this thread for now, but the Salary Cap thing really isn't a big deal anywhere but on Chiefs boards ( and some Charger-Raiders by proxy due to hanging out amongst you guys ).

I really don't think anyone is planning on rewriting the History books and changing the end result of those 2 years.

might be because it wasn't well advertised to keep from embaracing the NFL...

easymobee
12-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Bonds to the Salary cap thing is such a horrible comparison too.

The Bonds issue has been the biggest sports story of recent times.

The SC issue wasn't exactly leading the nightly news.

good luck though .. you guys should start a grass roots letter writing campaign or something like that.

Bowser
12-12-2004, 04:32 PM

I'll just ask you this - How would Broncos fan think if our teams' roles were reversed?

Kclee
12-12-2004, 04:36 PM

No, jellyfish migration to Salary cap would be a horrible comparison. Bonds to SC is dead on. They both cheated.

cdcox
12-12-2004, 04:37 PM

good luck though .. you guys should start a grass roots letter writing campaign or something like that.

I'll guarantee you that if this story had broke in February of '99 that it would have been a major story. You should feel fortunate that a) America has a short attention span and b) the NFL, due to the corporate conservatism and the desire to preserve "The Brand Name" did not desire to make a bigger deal of this.

Myself, I won't let this die until the last breathe leaves my lungs.

Bowser
12-12-2004, 04:39 PM

My bad. You are talking about degrees of cheating, while I was under the assumption that cheating was cheating.

I'm just crazy like that.

easymobee
12-12-2004, 05:18 PM
So (In Detail) how exactly did we cheat the Cap?

cdcox
12-12-2004, 05:22 PM
So (In Detail) how exactly did we cheat the Cap?

Deferred payments to certain players in order to remain under the cap. The deferred payments were hidden from the league office, despite the requirement that all compensation agreements be filed with the league office.

Kclee
12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
15 Mil. worth. Terrell Davis was one of those players involved.

KCWolfman
12-12-2004, 07:13 PM
They don't put the AFC West Champions name on the Lombardi.

Missouri loves company.

-edit-

What would you rather have had in 96?

An AFC West Division crown and 1 and out ( What KC Got )

A Wildcard berth and the Lombardi? ( What Denver Got )

Its too easy ....

I love it, now the Den fans also have to refer to ESPN Classic to mention a meaningful season.