PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many people want DV fired?

Alphaman
12-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Help me understand.

David.
12-12-2004, 05:09 PM
he sucks

KCJake
12-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Chiefs fans need to blame someone? Last year it was GROB. This year its Vermeil.

el borracho
12-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Well, I'm not one of them but I'm guessing because of his win/ loss record and possibly his inability to field a defense.

Otter
12-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Don't want him fired, I think he's a hell of a coach.

He just needs to put the emotions aside...forever and stop keeping guys like Eric Hicks on the roster because he gets along with his wife and handles losing well.

This is business Dick, business.

SNR
12-12-2004, 05:16 PM
I want DV for another year. I want Carl to go.

Iowanian
12-12-2004, 05:20 PM
I want some toughness and physical play on both sides of the ball. Vermiel doesn't allow Tacklin' drills in Training camp and wonders why the defense whiff so many tackles. Vermiel spends more time Cuddling with the players he likes, while Burning punters at the stake than I care for.

I am not calling for Vermeil's head at this point, but I want the coach to get tough with these players, cut the dead weight and get some animals on the field. Vermeil or someone else....I don't care.

milkman
12-12-2004, 05:22 PM
I have never been a fan of Dick.

I wasn't happy when Carl hired him, and didn't feel that he could duplicate his Ram success in KC.

I don't like his 2 faced attitude towards players, and his "profile".

His "profile" didn't seem to interfere with his desire to keep giving Lawrence Phillips chances, or to keep Leonard Little employed in StL.

Everyone discusses his "honesty".
I don't see it.

IMO, he is just a lying sack of shit.

And his loyalty to players and coaches that he likes on a personal level has really hurt this team, IMO.

OmahaChief
12-12-2004, 05:22 PM
I want DV to go becuase I think this team has become as soft as their head coach. We have lacked phyiscalness since DV arrived. Personally I don't like the whole crying crap, I don't mind emotion but he cries at the drop of the hat and that bothers me. Plus I am tired of his press conferences and hearing the same answer twice in the same sentence.

chiefs4me
12-12-2004, 05:23 PM
I want some toughness and physical play on both sides of the ball. Vermiel doesn't allow Tacklin' drills in Training camp and wonders why the defense whiff so many tackles. Vermiel spends more time Cuddling with the players he likes, while Burning punters at the stake than I care for.

I am not calling for Vermeil's head at this point, but I want the coach to get tough with these players, cut the dead weight and get some animals on the field. Vermeil or someone else....I don't care.

I can't believe I actually agreed with everything you just said,,,:banghead:

Iowanian
12-12-2004, 05:26 PM
I didn't know I made a post about Boiling water to make some easymac.

Bob Dole
12-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Help me understand.

Senility.

chiefs4me
12-12-2004, 05:32 PM
I didn't know I made a post about Boiling water to make some easymac.

What is this easy mac you speak of,,,,,ROFL

stevieray
12-12-2004, 05:35 PM
It isn't going to happen.

Bob Dole
12-12-2004, 05:40 PM
It isn't going to happen.

Bob Dole would agree with that statement, agree with it.

kc1977
12-12-2004, 05:44 PM
He's a career .500 coach who struck gold in St. Loser with Kurt, Marshall, and Martz. He's about .500 here with nothing to show for it.

He fished around KC during Gunther's last year under the pretense of doing a little consulting but he was just scouting for the Chiefs job.

Oh, and he lies his ass off to KC fans week in and week out.

He supposedly has all this character and integrity, but I just don't see it.

Valiant
12-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Oh, and he lies his ass off to KC fans week in and week out.

He supposedly has all this character and integrity, but I just don't see it.

And this is most of it right here, the guy flat out lies... The way he pampers that useless defense but calls out special teams or LJ for the same abysmal act... The guy is two-faced...

Great he loves his players, but he has held this team back with his antics... I dont want him gone i just want him to give up full control of the defense, no yelling, no decision making, nothing to do with the defense.. Hell i do not even want him to look at the defensive roster next year...

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-12-2004, 06:14 PM
:hmmm: Why fire Dick....

Because we constantly under-achieve, either in the playoffs or in the regular season...becasue he's too loyal to coaches and players who don't get the job done.... because he spends more time bagging on kickers than doing anything about the defense... becasue he wastes players like Larry Johnson who is really turning out to be proving himself now while he sticks by guys like Eric Hicks, William Bartee and company who have done mostly nothing to earn their keep... because he's senile enough to actually believe that "our players are good enough." his words...

I'm sure he's going nowhere in the offseason though. I just hope he pulls his head out of his ass and makes some changes that make sense before next season.

Otter
12-12-2004, 06:21 PM
We have lacked phyiscalness

My spell checker poked me in the eye and knocked over my beer when I ran this thru.

philfree
12-12-2004, 06:42 PM
:hmmm: Why fire Dick....

Because we constantly under-achieve, either in the playoffs or in the regular season...becasue he's too loyal to coaches and players who don't get the job done.... because he spends more time bagging on kickers than doing anything about the defense... becasue he wastes players like Larry Johnson who is really turning out to be proving himself now while he sticks by guys like Eric Hicks, William Bartee and company who have done mostly nothing to earn their keep... because he's senile enough to actually believe that "our players are good enough." his words...

I'm sure he's going nowhere in the offseason though. I just hope he pulls his head out of his ass and makes some changes that make sense before next season.

He said our players are good enough (what's a coach supposed to say?) and you obviously disagree with that. So if our players aren't good enough then how could we be under-achieving? Also if he's wasting LJ then wouldn't he be wasting Blaylock if he played LJ instead? I do agree about Bartee.

PhilFree :arrow:

Chiefaholic
12-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Count me in as one of the guys that want Vermeil to stay. The guy has done a hell of a job in turning this offense around mad making them one of the most exciting offenses in the league.

His first year in KC his cap situation sucked and had no money to bring in anybody. He progressivly made this a VERY exciting offense to watch that can virtually outscore anybody in the league. Last year Vermeil said we don't have the CASH to sign any players. Do you think it was the salary cap he was talking about? I don't..... There were several players on the roster that had a two tier signing bonus that cost Lamar lots of "CASH" (aka bonus money). THIS is the reason I feel we didn't bring in anybody. I don't think it had anything to do with Vermeil, and lay almost all the responsibility squarely on Hunt's shoulders for not allowing Carl to give out any more bonus money.

For those of you saying that Vermeil thinks the players are good enough... Have you ever heard Vermeil say anything negative about a player, coach, or owner to the media? I'm sure there are a lot of choice words said behind closed doors, but we rarely get to hear Vermeils persoanl feelings about a player he doesn't like (Johnson being the exception to the general rule).

Hopefully, Hunt will give out plenty of bonus money and we can bring in the right free agents to turn this defense around. I have complete faith in Vermeil that he can get us to the promised land if given the time and money needed to do so.

Count Zarth
12-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Count me in as one of the guys that want Vermeil to stay. The guy has done a hell of a job in turning this offense around mad making them one of the most exciting offenses in the league.

His first year in KC his cap situation sucked and had no money to bring in anybody. He progressivly made this a VERY exciting offense to watch that can virtually outscore anybody in the league. Last year Vermeil said we don't have the CASH to sign any players. Do you think it was the salary cap he was talking about? I don't..... There were several players on the roster that had a two tier signing bonus that cost Lamar lots of "CASH" (aka bonus money). THIS is the reason I feel we didn't bring in anybody. I don't think it had anything to do with Vermeil, and lay almost all the responsibility squarely on Hunt's shoulders for not allowing Carl to give out any more bonus money.

For those of you saying that Vermeil thinks the players are good enough... Have you ever heard Vermeil say anything negative about a player, coach, or owner to the media? I'm sure there are a lot of choice words said behind closed doors, but we rarely get to hear Vermeils persoanl feelings about a player he doesn't like (Johnson being the exception to the general rule).

Hopefully, Hunt will give out plenty of bonus money and we can bring in the right free agents to turn this defense around. I have complete faith in Vermeil that he can get us to the promised land if given the time and money needed to do so.

Sorry. I'm convinced that our defense will NEVER be good under Vermeil.

I'm also convinced that on gameday, he's an average-at-best coach. He's one of the best at gameplanning and working with players and pre-Sunday game preparations, but he's screwed up too many times, especially in the clutch, for me to be behind him.

I like the guy, but I think he's past his prime.

May he prove me wrong.

royr17
12-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I have a very very strong feeling that our next HC after DV will be Bob Stoops him and Carl are growing a very good relationship and think that could be our very next head coach ...

I would love it if he was too, cause he's a very good coach.

Valiant
12-12-2004, 07:29 PM
For those of you saying that Vermeil thinks the players are good enough... Have you ever heard Vermeil say anything negative about a player, coach, or owner to the media?

Yeah, he bashed LJ... The guy is in what his 60's, he should know better... He bashes the fans everytime he outright lies to us, seriously do he expect us to believe hicks will turn it around... the guy did a great job bringing in coaching to set up the offense, but he failed fully on the defensive side... That and add the fact that they failed to address the defensive needs this past offseason... The bonus money is the reason why they said we could not add players... Bullshit, Hunt makes a killing off of this team... DV homered out.. That is like me believing a kid that just stole candy... "I'll never do it agian..."

Valiant
12-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I have a very very strong feeling that our next HC after DV will be Bob Stoops him and Carl are growing a very good relationship and think that could be our very next head coach ...

What crack are you smoking... If Carl is not gone when DV leaves there will be a riot unless they win a superbowl...

royr17
12-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Im not just Carl isnt gonna leave when DV does, and that the relationship he has with Stoops dont be surprised if Stoops isnt named our next HC.

philfree
12-12-2004, 07:34 PM

I agree with most of this.

It took one year for DV to build one of the best offenses in the league and the best the Chiefs have ever had. Why someone would want to abandon that is beyond me. I guess we could do what the Colts did and keep the same OC and bring in a defensive minded HC like Dungy. He's done a great job of turning their D around.

philfree
12-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah, he bashed LJ...

I don't think DV bashed LJ. He was talking about young players having to step up that week and he just threw LJs name out there. The press did and excellent job of baiting LJ and making it seem that way though. IMO LJ is a little immature and DV is doing a good job of coaching him.

Valiant
12-12-2004, 07:44 PM
I don't think DV bashed LJ. He was talking about young players having to step up that week and he just threw LJs name out there. The press did and excellent job of baiting LJ and making it seem that way though. IMO LJ is a little immature and DV is doing a good job of coaching him.

A grown man calling out a young player about being in daipers???

LJ is young and immature, but DV for some reason has this mantra that he is rational.. He is not

philfree
12-12-2004, 07:54 PM
A grown man calling out a young player about being in daipers???

LJ is young and immature, but DV for some reason has this mantra that he is rational.. He is not

IMO DV didn't call LJ out but I posted that already. I listened to what he said and it wasn't that way at all. Did you listen to that interview or did you just read it after LJ had been baited by the press? IMO it was no big deal except it opened the door for our beloved KC press to create an issue.

Chiefaholic
12-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Sorry. I'm convinced that our defense will NEVER be good under Vermeil.

I'm also convinced that on gameday, he's an average-at-best coach. He's one of the best at gameplanning and working with players and pre-Sunday game preparations, but he's screwed up too many times, especially in the clutch, for me to be behind him.

I like the guy, but I think he's past his prime.

May he prove me wrong.

You're entitled to YOUR opinion. But, when all is said and done, that's basically all it is. Vermeil has taked two shitty franchises and made then Superbowl caliber teams. There's not a single reason in the world for me to believe Vermeil doesn't have a legiotimate shot to bring in the right players on defense. With the aid of Gun to bring in the guys to fit his style of play, I feel that this could be a completely different team next season.

And your "average-at-best coach" comment is just f'ing stupid. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact. He doesn't need YOU to be behind him to make him one of the best coaches EVER to coach in the NFL.

Your "our defense will NEVER be good under Vermeil." is just about as f'ing stupid. How pathetic was the Ram's defense in St. Louis? Gun had ONE year here to try to turn this defense around with the talent we had. G-Rob stripped Guns original defense in an attempt to put the players on the field to fit his scheme. Now, Gun needs to play the FA market and hopefully draft the right guys to fit HIS defensive scheme (just like Vermeil did with the offense his first year here). If I trust anybody in the NFL to make smart defensive decisions, it's GUN....

Count Zarth
12-12-2004, 08:07 PM
And your "average-at-best coach" comment is just f'ing stupid. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact. He doesn't need YOU to be behind him to make him one of the best coaches EVER to coach in the NFL.

Your "our defense will NEVER be good under Vermeil." is just about as f'ing stupid.

I believe he WAS. But it's clear that on gameday, he is not what he used to be. Our clock management in late game situations has been routinely horrible under him as well.

And yes, I know he doesn't need me to be behind him. I don't really care.

As far as the D....he's been here for four years. All four years it has sucked. Seems straightforward to me.

Like I said...may he prove me wrong.

Rausch
12-12-2004, 08:08 PM
You're entitled to YOUR opinion. But, when all is said and done, that's basically all it is. Vermeil has taked two shitty franchises and made then Superbowl caliber teams. There's not a single reason in the world for me to believe Vermeil doesn't have a legiotimate shot to bring in the right players on defense. With the aid of Gun to bring in the guys to fit his style of play, I feel that this could be a completely different team next season.

I'm curious how many people take this logic and apply it to their own lives.

I'd bet good money that if someon's wife/husband cheated on them twice they'd call them a no good cheat and dump them. 2x = pattern = cheat.

2 super bowls = nothing gauranteed = average... :spock:

Mr. Laz
12-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Help me understand.

he prolly shouldn't be fired... let's face it, we have 1 year left on this window. Any change now would waste that final year just because of the transition from one coaching staff to another.

BUT.............

that said, i understand why people are ticked off with Vermeil

he underachieved ... he lies ... he is disingenuously ... he is lazy ... he is disconnected ... the team is ill-prepared

i mean what has he down right except for Al Saunders,Trent Green and Dante Hall?

he thought Priest Holmes was a 3rd down back(so did many)

these things ARE accomplishments... but considered how much he's in charge of they aren't nearly enough.

he has a huge staff... Saunders has the offense, G'rob/gunther have the defense. He's one of the highest paid HC's in the league.

has he actually earned it?

what the hell does Vermeil actually do beside pass out the hugs?

Rausch
12-12-2004, 08:13 PM
... he is disingenuously ...

Hey Dubya, that ain't a word...

Alphaman
12-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Can someone provide examples of these lies he's told the KC fans.

Logical
12-12-2004, 08:29 PM

Let me just say Stoops would be a fool to take over the KC job and leave Oklahoma. At Oklahoma he controls his own destiny and probably makes as much or more than Carl would pay him.

Valiant
12-12-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm curious how many people take this logic and apply it to their own lives.

I'd bet good money that if someon's wife/husband cheated on them twice they'd call them a no good cheat and dump them. 2x = pattern = cheat.

2 super bowls = nothing gauranteed = average... :spock:

You need to redefine that...

It would be married two previous times, kids after three years...

we have no kid...

Valiant
12-12-2004, 08:40 PM

Your "our defense will NEVER be good under Vermeil." is just about as f'ing stupid. How pathetic was the Ram's defense in St. Louis? Gun had ONE year here to try to turn this defense around with the talent we had. G-Rob stripped Guns original defense in an attempt to put the players on the field to fit his scheme. Now, Gun needs to play the FA market and hopefully draft the right guys to fit HIS defensive scheme (just like Vermeil did with the offense his first year here). If I trust anybody in the NFL to make smart defensive decisions, it's GUN....

But did the management allow him to add the players in st. louis or tell him no we do not have the resources for it???

Valiant
12-12-2004, 08:43 PM
IMO DV didn't call LJ out but I posted that already. I listened to what he said and it wasn't that way at all. Did you listen to that interview or did you just read it after LJ had been baited by the press? IMO it was no big deal except it opened the door for our beloved KC press to create an issue.

The whole point of it is, it should have never come out of DV mouth.. This is what I have been saying... If DV followed his mantra like he does with the damn defensive players he would have said" LJ is having a great practice and making nice strides..." DV should never had said a word other then that... That is what pisses me off about him...

Rausch
12-12-2004, 08:45 PM
You to redefine that...

It would be married two previous times, kids after three years...

we aint got a kid...

Then it probably ain't you, it's probably your wife...

philfree
12-12-2004, 08:49 PM
I find it ammusing that alot of Chiefs Fans say Marty sucks because of his lack of playoff success and then with their next breath they say DV sucks because he's just a .500 regular season HC and his two Superbowl appearances with one win are discounted.

Rausch
12-12-2004, 08:53 PM
I find it ammusing that alot of Chiefs Fans say Marty sucks because of his lack of playoff success and then with their next breath they say DV sucks because he's just a .500 regular season HC and his two Superbowl appearances with one win are discounted.

Edit: retarded post. :banghead:

philfree
12-12-2004, 08:55 PM
The whole point of it is, it should have never come out of DV mouth.. This is what I have been saying... If DV followed his mantra like he does with the damn defensive players he would have said" LJ is having a great practice and making nice strides..." DV should never had said a word other then that... That is what pisses me off about him...

DV has praised LJ several times this year so you shouldn't be pissed off if that's your reasoning.

philfree
12-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Edit: retarded post. :banghead:

You mean my post is retarded?

Rausch
12-12-2004, 09:03 PM
You mean my post is retarded?

Nope, mine was. I didn't read yours closely before replying...

philfree
12-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Nope, mine was. I didn't read yours closely before replying...

Don't be so hard on yourself :)

Valiant
12-12-2004, 09:08 PM
DV has praised LJ several times this year so you shouldn't be pissed off if that's your reasoning.

And this is him being twofaced.. Will the real DV please stand up!!!!

Hell yes he is going to praise him, since our starting RB and backup went down...

Count Zarth
12-12-2004, 09:13 PM

They both suck.

I don't care what Dick did in the past. It means squat. What have you done for me lately, Dick?

philfree
12-12-2004, 09:18 PM
And this is him being twofaced.. Will the real DV please stand up!!!!

Hell yes he is going to praise him, since our starting RB and backup went down...

He was praising LJ in Trainning Camp long before Holmes was injured. And the week he made the diaper comment I think he also said LJ had the best practice he'd ever had as a Chief. One more time. Did you listen to the interview?

Count Zarth
12-12-2004, 09:26 PM
He was praising LJ in Trainning Camp long before Holmes was injured. And the week he made the diaper comment I think he also said LJ had the best practice he'd ever had as a Chief. One more time. Did you listen to the interview?

OK, now I see why Vlad reacted with such shock when I did not include you in my homer poll. I will never forget you again. ROFL

Valiant
12-12-2004, 09:29 PM

Yes, he still said it was time to take the diapers off and go to work... Why didnt DV say the same of our defense??? There was need for that comment, that is what I have been saying... DV would never say that about anyone...

philfree
12-12-2004, 09:29 PM
They both suck.

I don't care what Dick did in the past. It means squat. What have you done for me lately, Dick?

There's just so many ways I could I appraoch that statement from you ROFL I think I'll let it go with the exception of the fact that it's become the norm for Chiefs Fans to feel that if an HC don't get us to the Superbowl he sucks.

Count Zarth
12-12-2004, 09:34 PM
There's just so many ways I could I appraoch that statement from you ROFL I think I'll let it go with the exception of the fact that it's become the norm for Chiefs Fans to feel that if an HC don't get us to the Superbowl he sucks.

No they suck for the follwing reasons:

1. Marty had damn near a decade and always had the same problems in the postseason.

2. Vermeil sucks because he's had one winning season in four attempts. And he's done nothing to address the defense.

It has very little to do with the Super Bowl.

If our team had shown improvement on defense this year it would have been enough for me to validate Vermeil in my own mind. His first year he was taking out the trash. Second year he was building the offense. Third year the team was finally good.

This was supposed to be the year. Dick has failed.

Basically I can't stomach coaches that get beat because they display the same faults over and over again. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. WE HAVE NOT.

philfree
12-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Yes, he still said it was time to take the diapers off and go to work... Why didnt DV say the same of our defense??? There was need for that comment, that is what I have been saying... DV would never say that about anyone...

Did you hear the interview? If I remember correctly DV was talking about both sides of the ball when he was saying that the young guys were gonna have to step up. LJ was just the name he flipped out. Honestly I'd be ashamed if it was me he was talking about and I couldn't take it. The whole Fn thing was just a bunch of petty BS being blown up by the press. No different then Parcells refering to Terry Glenn as "she" when he was asked about him being dinged and not practicing. I'd also be ashamed of falling for the bait as alot of Chiefs fans apparently did. :shake:

tommykat
12-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Help me understand.

And you ask the "All Idiots Team" ROFL Not reading all of this, but most understand the All Idiots team............enough said.;)

Deberg_1990
12-12-2004, 09:48 PM
I like Vermeil. I can respect some of the things he has done here in KC. He cleaned up the organization from the crap left over from the Marty/Gunther regimes mainly. But lets be honest, Marty did a much better job overall in his first 4 seasons with this team than Vermeil has. Marty was in the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Only 1 for Vermeil. It could also be argued that Marty had a tougher job as well. Back in 1989 this was one of the worst run teams in the NFL. While this team was bad in 2001, it wasnt nearly as bad as the late 1980's teams. IM willing to give Vermeil one more year I suppose, but at this point we have to consider DV's time here disappointing overall. If he stays i hope he learns from his mistakes.....

tommykat
12-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I always wanted Coach with the Chiefs..........I am thankful we got him. We just need some help with d-line and ''OUR PLAYERS HEATHLY"...beyond that, I give the Chiefs another 2 years to make it.........

Count Zarth
12-12-2004, 09:58 PM
I always wanted Coach with the Chiefs..........I am thankful we got him. We just need some help with d-line and ''OUR PLAYERS HEATHLY"...beyond that, I give the Chiefs another 2 years to make it.........

You always wanted Vermeil to coach KC? When did this desire start burning?

So you're giving KC two years...what then?

chief52
12-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Without having time to read this thread, let me say...

I like Vermiel and hope he stays with the Chiefs 2...I said 2...more years.

philfree
12-12-2004, 10:05 PM
No they suck for the follwing reasons:

1. Marty had damn near a decade and always had the same problems in the postseason.

2. Vermeil sucks because he's had one winning season in four attempts. And he's done nothing to address the defense.

It has very little to do with the Super Bowl.

If our team had shown improvement on defense this year it would have been enough for me to validate Vermeil in my own mind. His first year he was taking out the trash. Second year he was building the offense. Third year the team was finally good.

This was supposed to be the year. Dick has failed.

Basically I can't stomach coaches that get beat because they display the same faults over and over again. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. WE HAVE NOT.

I don't think the playoff losses under Marty were lost due to the same reasons. '93 the QB got knocked out by the Bills in their house and they were a great team Superbowl loses or not. They also ran right at DT and killed us doing it. '95 INTs and missed FGs were the problem. '97 there were all kinds of reasons why we lost that game bad officiating being one of them but if I remember TD ran through our D for a couple of big plays. The only thing in commom in those losses was that Marty was the coach.

DV took a team that was heading for the dumper and rebuilt it in pretty quick fashion. And he's addressed the D every year with draft picks and and the last two he's added free agents. I guess to alot of people addressing the D means signing high dollar free agents like Hugh Douglas. That worked out great for the Jags didn't it.

We are much better against the run.

Valiant
12-12-2004, 10:22 PM
You dont necessarily have to bring in the high-price vets to appease fans... And I do not fault Dick for our FA since it is Carl who ****s that up.. and ****s up our draft also...

Ie going on vacation, or not bringing in FA at the begining of signing period..

what i fault him for,

Babying of our defensive players...

Making foolish decisions, going for it on 4th and 3, but not on 4th and 1 in scoring position..

Loyality to worthless coaches and players.. bartee wtf...

Not instilling fire into a team to win..

----------------------------------------------

As for better agianst the run, we are 29th in total defense and 23rd agianst the run, and the only reason it is that low is because it is just a tad bit easier to pass then run agianst us..

And here is the sad part, this team is as close as the 93 team as being a superbowl team... We have had lots of bad mistakes and bad luck this year.. We won a lot of close games last year where this year we lost those... This team is only a average defense to below average away..

philfree
12-12-2004, 11:40 PM
You dont necessarily have to bring in the high-price vets to appease fans... And I do not fault Dick for our FA since it is Carl who ****s that up.. and ****s up our draft also...

Ie going on vacation, or not bringing in FA at the begining of signing period..

what i fault him for,

Babying of our defensive players...

Making foolish decisions, going for it on 4th and 3, but not on 4th and 1 in scoring position..

Loyality to worthless coaches and players.. bartee wtf...

Not instilling fire into a team to win..

----------------------------------------------

As for better agianst the run, we are 29th in total defense and 23rd agianst the run, and the only reason it is that low is because it is just a tad bit easier to pass then run agianst us..

And here is the sad part, this team is as close as the 93 team as being a superbowl team... We have had lots of bad mistakes and bad luck this year.. We won a lot of close games last year where this year we lost those... This team is only a average defense to below average away..

Carl's vacation seems to be an issue with alot of folks. I figure he's gotta cell phone and a laptop and enough financial means at his disposal to be where he needs to be if his presence is required to sign a player the Chiefs are really trying to acquire. I don't know but I kinda think that most GMs don't negotiate every contract for every player that is signed by his franchise. I do agree that DV made a questionable decision or two early in the season as well as manage the clock poorly a time or two. He should of kicked the FG and he did but we lost so he was criticized for making what was the right decision. The mess up was allowing himself to listen to the critism and not kicking the FG the next game. ( I never said he was perfect.)That's how I remember it anyways.

We've shut down a couple of pretty good RBs and held some others under 100. The Raiders are the only team who really didn't try and run against us and since the 1st two games of the season we've held teams to less then 100 ypg. That said our D sucks. It sucks in large part because we can't stop anybody on 3rd down. In obvious passing situations we can't stop the pass. And when we do stop'em we get a penalty that gives'em a first down. :banghead:

We won a few games that were close but most of our wins we destroyed the other team with our O that was set up by STs.

As bad as our D is the biggest differnce between last year and this is turnovers and penalties. No team will win many games in a season with the TO ratio that we have.

Valiant
12-13-2004, 12:55 AM
We've shut down a couple of pretty good RBs and held some others under 100. The Raiders are the only team who really didn't try and run against us and since the 1st two games of the season we've held teams to less then 100 ypg. That said our D sucks. It sucks in large part because we can't stop anybody on 3rd down. In obvious passing situations we can't stop the pass. And when we do stop'em we get a penalty that gives'em a first down. :banghead:

We have given up 4 100+ yard rushers this year and dillon had 98 yards rushing.. Oakland did not run because they cannot... The reason teams dont run agianst us is because it is way easier to pass... We allow 4.5 yards per play on the ground.. that is tied for 24th.. It would be higher if we didnt suck more at passing like you said..

This defense is bad all around except for may a handful of guys...

Rausch
12-13-2004, 12:56 AM
... The reason teams dont run agianst us is because it is way easier to pass...

Uh, wait. Doesn't that mean we're better at stopping the run?

Alphaman
12-13-2004, 06:47 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to post the lies that DV has told the KC fans.

nmt1
12-13-2004, 06:58 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to post the lies that DV has told the KC fans.

The Chiefs are thumbing their noses at you right now.

jspchief
12-13-2004, 07:09 AM
Help me understand.

Because he thinks we have an O-lineman named Keith Sampson.