PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite food?

Skip Towne
12-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Mine is filet mignon with a baked potato.

Rain Man
12-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Sesame Chicken. Mmmmmm.

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Indian food that consists of a meal containing:

Chicken Tikki Masala
Lamb Rogan Josh
Palak Paneer

with a basket off Nan, preferably Garlic Nan or Aloo Palak nan

Mango Lassi to drink..

and for dessert, either some Kulfi, or some Gulab Jamun!

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Crow. With humble sauce, and stupid pecans.

Nzoner
12-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Either my own homemade chili or veggie soup,can't pick between the two.

Rain Man
12-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Crow. With humble sauce, and stupid pecans.

ROFL

ENDelt260
12-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Beer.

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Beer.

Can I borrow your title for awhile?

MOhillbilly
12-13-2004, 11:06 AM
black beans and rice.

Nzoner
12-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Beer.

Good call,as it does qualify as one of the four food groups.

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
black beans and rice.

Cajun rice, jambalya, and red beans and rice rock too.

For fast food, I'm bummed we don't have a Popeye's in SD....

Mr. Laz
lagostina and shrimp (with lots o' garlic)

but in all honestly i just love food in general ... Pizza would be the food i could eat just about every day and not tire of it.

el borracho
Your mom on a bed of rice!

just kidding... I like Rib Eye and potatoes with maybe asparagus or mushrooms or both.

Rain Man
12-13-2004, 11:12 AM
but in all honestly i just love food in general ... Pizza would be the food i could eat just about every day and not tire of it.

I once had pizza somewhere around 20 times over the course of a month. I was doing a ton of evening focus groups, and we had pizza every night, and occasionally for lunch leftovers the next day. I thought I would never eat it again afterward, but it only took about a month for me to want it again.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Favorite meal is the 12 oz. Outback Special, medium rare, salad with blue cheese, potato with everything, and a Mr. Pibb.

Oh, and the horseradish marmalade dipping sauce.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Cajun rice, jambalya, and red beans and rice rock too.

For fast food, I'm bummed we don't have a Popeye's in SD....
Red Beans and Rice. Yummy.

stumppy
12-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Grilled Ribeye and Potato.

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 11:43 AM
This thread gives new meaning to the phrase "Meat and potatoes".

KCFalcon59
12-13-2004, 11:55 AM
KC Strip and sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms.

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Humas, Tofu, and lutafisk.

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Humas, Tofu, and lutafisk.
I'd go for the first 2...not sure what "lutafisk" is, however.

MichaelH
12-13-2004, 12:00 PM
A ribeye grilled over hickory chunks with marinated portabella mushrooms and corn on the cob. For an appetizer, I'll go with about 2 dozen steamed little neck clams.

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 12:00 PM

Raw Cod, pickled in lye....a Scandanavian "delicacy" folks around here like.

Fairplay
12-13-2004, 12:03 PM
bramborové hranolky.

HC_Chief
Turkey, mashed potatoes & stuffing :D

Saulbadguy
Might have to try that next time I come up...I also forgot to try that "chislic" or whatever that was called..

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Might have to try that next time I come up...I also forgot to try that "chislic" or whatever that was called..

Deep fried lamb/beef for dippin'....yum.

Not a big Leftse (potatoe crepe kinda thingy) fan myself though; another Scandanavian specialty.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Turkey, mashed potatoes & stuffing :D
Gotta throw some canned cranberry sauce on top of that stuffing, though.

HC_Chief
12-13-2004, 12:10 PM
On top of it? Or as a side dish? If the latter, I agree! If the former, ew. ;)

Ecto-I
12-13-2004, 12:11 PM

Chicken Tikki Masala
Lamb Rogan Josh
Palak Paneer

Mango Lassi to drink..

Damn, you really know your Indian food. Whats funny is if someone were to ask me my ideal indian meal, it'd be the EXACT same thing. BTW, have you ever tried Indian Beer? It's pretty good stuff.

HC_Chief
12-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Saul, you should get a job at the Sprint campus... they have a Rucci's. Wednesday = 'Chicken 65' day....mmmmmmmmm, good stuff! :thumb:

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Damn, you really know your Indian food. Whats funny is if someone were to ask me my ideal indian meal, it'd be the EXACT same thing. BTW, have you ever tried Indian Beer? It's pretty good stuff.
Haven't tried Indian Beer but the next time I go to the local Indian place here im going to try a "Taj Mahal", which seems to be their favorite. (The Restaurant)

Fat Elvis
12-13-2004, 12:16 PM

Stinky fish that has been soaked in water and lye for several days.

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Saul, you should get a job at the Sprint campus... they have a Rucci's. Wednesday = 'Chicken 65' day....mmmmmmmmm, good stuff! :thumb:
Never been to the Rucci's...i'll probably get there someday. In KC i've been to Swaggats (sp) near Barry rd.

I'm surprised that the Indian place here has done so well. Its lasted damn near 3 years and has a great lunch crowd, and a decent dinner crowd for the weekends.

Fat Elvis
12-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Never been to the Rucci's...i'll probably get there someday. In KC i've been to Swaggats (sp) near Barry rd.

I'm surprised that the Indian place here has done so well. Its lasted damn near 3 years and has a great lunch crowd, and a decent dinner crowd for the weekends.

They are opening a Ruchi's here in Lawrence a few blocks from where I live.

Nzoner
12-13-2004, 12:19 PM

heh,when I lived in Minnysota,I found out about this the hard way.I was at a salad bar and asked the waitress if something was spoiled.

That stuff stinks to high hell

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 12:20 PM
They are opening a Ruchi's here in Lawrence a few blocks from where I live.
Where might that be at? (where they are opening it, not where you live)

Is the Indian Palace still there? (I think thats what it was called). I believe the owners could be part owners of the place here in Topeka.

Fat Elvis
12-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Where might that be at? (where they are opening it, not where you live)

Is the Indian Palace still there? (I think thats what it was called). I believe the owners could be part owners of the place here in Topeka.

Ruchi will be at 15th (now Bob Billings Pkway) and Kassold. It is going in where Jade Indian Grill used to be. They still have India Palace AFAIK downtown. The Globe in T-town is pretty good as well.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 12:28 PM

Chicken Tikki Masala
Lamb Rogan Josh
Palak Paneer

Mango Lassi to drink..

Is the Palak Paneer the creamy spinach with cubed goat cheese?
If so, that's some yummy stuff.

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Is the Palak Paneer the creamy spinach with cubed goat cheese?
If so, that's some yummy stuff.
Indeed.

Palak=Spinach
Paneer=Cheese

:)

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Indeed.

Palak=Spinach
Paneer=Cheese

Indian food is one area where I love what I love, but have no idea what any of it is called. That's because I eat almost exclusively at 'House of India' buffet on the U-City/Ladue border. Eat there almost every weekend.

I know the Tikki Masala. I of course know the Tandoori Chicken. I know the Nan and Mint Chutney. Never paid attention to the listings for the other items, though. Like the mushroom dish, the cauliflower dish, and the spiniach with goat cheese best of all. Also love their simple 'salad' mix of cucumber, tomato and red onion with vinegar and spices.

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Indian food is one area where I love what I love, but have no idea what any of it is called. That's because I eat almost exclusively at 'House of India' buffet on the U-City/Ladue border. Eat there almost every weekend.

I know the Tikki Masala. I of course know the Tandoori Chicken. I know the Nan and Mint Chutney. Never paid attention to the listings for the other items, though. Like the mushroom dish, the cauliflower dish, and the spiniach with goat cheese best of all. Also love their simple 'salad' mix of cucumber, tomato and red onion with vinegar and spices.

Its pretty simple once you learn the naming scheme. The simple salad you speak of is called "Kachumber" IIRC.

Biryani is another one of my favorites. Very simple..basmati rice mixed with a meat of your choice and a ton of spices.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Its pretty simple once you learn the naming scheme. The simple salad you speak of is called "Kachumber" IIRC.

Biryani is another one of my favorites. Very simple..basmati rice mixed with a meat of your choice and a ton of spices.
Actually, when I think on it, I don't eat the mint chutney on the Nan, but on some potato-ey pancake rollup with a curry vegetable paste inside.

Frankie
12-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Reply to thread: What is your favorite food?

1- Chelo Kabob
2- Chelo Khoresh Ghormeh Sabzi

Hands down.
:p

go bowe
12-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Crow. With humble sauce, and stupid pecans.ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bowe
12-13-2004, 01:37 PM
prime rib...

mmmmmmmmmm... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Rain Man
12-13-2004, 01:43 PM
1- Chelo Kabob
2- Chelo Khoresh Ghormeh Sabzi

Hands down.
:p

It's spelled Jello, not Chelo.

MOhillbilly
12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
CHicken in a bag w/ twice baked potatos

Bwana
12-13-2004, 01:54 PM
A big thick fat steak.

big nasty kcnut
12-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Fried chicken and mashed potatos and gravy.
Also my aunt nachos chesse dip.

Logical
12-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Kung Pao Chicken with Hot and Sour Soup as an appetizer is right up there

Baked stuffed Lobster is another treat

HC_Chief
12-13-2004, 01:58 PM
I've never had good hot & sour soup from a Chinese restaurant. THAI hot & sour, on the other hand......

:drool:

I should probably list that as my favorite lunch: Phad Thai Noodle, hot & sour soup, Diet Coke :thumb:

Saulbadguy
12-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Phad Thai..nice. Chicken and Shrimp with crushed peanuts on the top...

With a side of Pineapple fried rice ;)

Donger
12-13-2004, 02:04 PM
What is your favorite food?

Haggis.

HC_Chief
12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Haggis.
:Lin:
OMG, I think I just puked in my mouth a little bit....

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Fried chicken and mashed potatos and gravy.
Ooohhhhhh!!! An evening at Stroudts. A close second to the Outback experience.
Pan Fried Chicken
Real Mashed Potatoes
Chicken gravy
Green Beans
Homemade Rolls
Garden Salad with Bue Cheese.

Donger
12-13-2004, 02:07 PM
OMG, I think I just puked in my mouth a little bit....

Heh.

I've actually vomited up haggis before. Rather unpleasant experience.

My other favorite is steak and kidney pie.

HC_Chief
12-13-2004, 02:09 PM
I've actually vomited up haggis before.

Did it taste any different the second time around?

Donger
12-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Did it taste any different the second time around?

Not much.

HC_Chief
12-13-2004, 02:20 PM
GAK!

Okay, between the thought of haggis, regurgitated haggis and the gawd-awful mental pictures painted in the "woman's private parts" thread, I now have definitely puked a little bit in my mouth.

Iowanian
12-13-2004, 02:23 PM
If I were to chose my last supper..........It would be a big plate of my mom's lasagna, hot bread and butter, a piece of Pumkin pie and a glass of iced tea.

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 02:51 PM
If I were to chose my last supper..........It would be a big plate of my mom's lasagna, hot bread and butter, a piece of Pumkin pie and a glass of iced tea.

I thought of you when I saw this:

booger
12-13-2004, 03:47 PM
after spending too much time on the Womans privates thread, I am kinda hungry for fried bologna.

Ghostof
12-13-2004, 03:53 PM
It was tuna until I read about the "womens private parts thread"

Think I may go back to eating lettuce for awhile

booger
12-13-2004, 04:25 PM
I could really go for a sideways sloppy joe.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 04:28 PM
A little cod taco?

ChiefsFire
12-13-2004, 04:28 PM

you like mayonaise in it,errrrrrr,i mean on it???

ENDelt260
12-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Pink Taco (http://www.hardrockhotel.com/party_eat_pinktaco.php), anyone?

booger
12-13-2004, 04:34 PM
A little cod taco?
I thought I saw Kiran Chetry actually talking about how good the fish tacos were in sandy eggo this am on fox and friends.
Believe it or not but I just thought of that now and didn't think anything of a fish taco this morning other than "hmmm" fish on a taco that is peculier" sp?

booger
12-13-2004, 04:34 PM
you like mayonaise in it,errrrrrr,i mean on it???

ENDelt260
12-13-2004, 04:36 PM
I thought I saw Kiran Chetry actually talking about how good the fish tacos were in sandy eggo this am on fox and friends.
Believe it or not but I just thought of that now and didn't think anything of a fish taco this morning other than "hmmm" fish on a taco that is peculier" sp?
They got fish tacos all over out here. I thought it was funny at first, too.

ChiefsFire
12-13-2004, 04:36 PM

speakin of Kiran Chetry..how hot is she???

wonder how she tastes?? :hmmm:

tyton75
12-13-2004, 04:38 PM
I'll tell you what its not.. after reading that "womens private parts" thread.. it sure as hell ain't potatoes anytime soon!

Logical
12-13-2004, 04:39 PM
They got fish tacos all over out here. I thought it was funny at first, too.

Ummm fish tacos from Rubios. Sounds like a dinner idea.

I used to be amazed people ate them until I was talked into it. Kind of like how you thought about eating at the Y until you did it the first time.

Count Zarth
12-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Saul, I LOVE Indian food. We went to an indian place the other day for lunch and had their buffet. I had some Chicken Tikka Masala, some Butter Chicken, some lamb thing, a bunch of Nan and a couple other things...some tandoori chicken...some vegetable pakoras...a little hush-puppy like thing that I can't remember the name of.

I can't help but stuff myself to the gills when I have Indian food...it's so good!

ENDelt260
12-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Ummm fish tacos from Rubios. Sounds like a dinner idea.

I used to be amazed people ate them until I was talked into it. Kind of like how you thought about eating at the Y until you did it the first time.
I still don't think I've ever had one. Anytime I've eaten someplace that served them, I've always seen something else on the menu that sounded tastier.

booger
12-13-2004, 04:41 PM
speakin of Kiran Chetry..how hot is she???

wonder how she tastes?? :hmmm:
I'd prolly cut off my foot if god would let me bang her. :thumb:

booger
12-13-2004, 04:41 PM
I'll tell you what its not.. after reading that "womens private parts" thread.. it sure as hell ain't potatoes anytime soon!
just put some ketchup on it.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 04:42 PM
If a mexican restaurant has a good rep, and has fish tacos on the menu, that's more often than not what I get. It's amazing how the fish taste and texture goes well with the cilantro, peppers, onions, etc.

ChiefsFire
12-13-2004, 04:43 PM
just put some ketchup on it.

mmmmmm ketchup AND sour cream

Saulbadguy
Sushi is pretty good too. I could go for some that.

A slab of babyback ribs is sounding awfuly tempting...

I don't know. The more I think about it, the more I realize I don't have a favorite food. Maybe a favorite food out of every category, or maybe ethnicity...

ENDelt260
If a mexican restaurant has a good rep, and has fish tacos on the menu, that's more often than not what I get. It's amazing how the fish taste and texture goes well with the cilantro, peppers, onions, etc.
I f*cking hate cilantro.

booger
i got to try that sometime. :thumb:

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 04:44 PM
I f*cking hate cilantro.
How the fvck do you do salsa?

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 04:45 PM
i got to try that sometime. :thumb:
some of them grill the fish, some bread and deep fry it. both are good, the grilled is a little better for you, but the breaded ones are a little crunchier.

booger
12-13-2004, 04:47 PM
fried is good, but grilled is always healthier.

Logical
12-13-2004, 04:53 PM
How the fvck do you do salsa?

Out here you use Green Salsa on fish tacos. I am pretty sure it has no cilantro. I personally do not dislike cilantro but some places do go overboard.

ENDelt260
12-13-2004, 04:55 PM
I still eat plenty of things with cilantro in them. Sometimes the other flavors are enough to overpower it. If I see big pieces, I've been known to pick them out. Other than that... I just dump some hot sauce on and deal with it.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Out here you use Green Salsa on fish tacos. I am pretty sure it has no cilantro. I personally do not dislike cilantro but some places do go overboard.
You talking tomatillo salsa? Or green chile? Makes sense, I guess. But when it comes to fish tacos, I really like the chunky, tomato, jalapeno, onion cilantro stuff.
Save the tomatillo or habernero stuff for flank steak fajitas.

ENDelt260
12-13-2004, 04:58 PM
You talking tomatillo salsa? Or green chile? Makes sense, I guess. But when it comes to fish tacos, I really like the chunky, tomato, jalapeno, onion cilantro stuff.
Save the tomatillo or habernero stuff for flank steak fajitas.
pico de gallo?

Yeah, I don't eat that.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 05:02 PM
pico de gallo?

Yeah, I don't eat that.
I'm talking fresh prepared veggies, here. Not that sh!tty tomato sludge they 'call' pico de gallo at Taco Bell.

ENDelt260
12-13-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm talking fresh prepared veggies, here. Not that sh!tty tomato sludge they 'call' pico de gallo at Taco Bell.
I wasn't aware Taco Bell even had something they claimed was pico de gallo.

Did you forget where I live?

Jenson71
12-13-2004, 05:03 PM
The Zio Johnos here makes a wonderful spaghetti. The sauce is real sweet and the bread that comes with it is great too.

I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but it is up there.

Baby Lee
12-13-2004, 05:09 PM
I wasn't aware Taco Bell even had something they claimed was pico de gallo.

Did you forget where I live?
Sorry, just reeling at the possibility of someone not liking good pico de gallo. The only thing that makes me put it down is the inevitable quest for hotter and hotter sauces. Until my hair is sweating.

Count Zarth
12-13-2004, 05:12 PM
I don't know. The more I think about it, the more I realize I don't have a favorite food. Maybe a favorite food out of every category, or maybe ethnicity...

I could eat Indian food every night and not get tired of it. It's so good, and has such great variety.

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 05:14 PM
I could eat Indian food every night and not get tired of it. It's so good, and has such great variety.

GoChiefs....I found an avvy for you:

Mr. Kotter
12-13-2004, 05:16 PM

Or this one can be reduced, although you probably won't be able to read it....

Count Zarth
12-13-2004, 05:16 PM

I have that one saved on my HDD already.

It's going up after Donk week.

Logical
12-13-2004, 05:52 PM

You go to Taco Bell? Since I have been in Cali I pretty much only go there if the lunch crowd insists, thankfully only about once a year when someone gets a wild hair.

R&GHomer
12-13-2004, 06:08 PM
I've never had Indian food, but after reading all the good things about it I want to give it a try. Could anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant in the overland park or Lenexa area?

Edit: Maybe one on the Plaza if they have a lunch special or something.

Count Zarth
12-13-2004, 06:16 PM
I've never had Indian food, but after reading all the good things about it I want to give it a try. Could anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant in the overland park or Lenexa area?

Edit: Maybe one on the Plaza if they have a lunch special or something.

I hope you like spicy food. Unless you go to an americanized Indian place the food is quite spicy.