PDA

View Full Version : DV finally admits a mistake

dirk digler
12-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Did any of you watch Primetime when Ed Werder was talking? He said DV told him that he nows realizes he doesn't have the talent/players to run Gun's scheme so either they are going to get new players or adjust the scheme. I hope it's the former.

Mile High Mania
12-13-2004, 08:00 PM
So, last year it wasn't the players ... it was the scheme and this year it's not the scheme, but it's the players.

Hmmm ... why not give GRob Gunther's players and then give Gunther GRob's players... oh, wait a second..

Could it be they've realized the players just flat out suck?

Mr. Laz
12-13-2004, 08:03 PM
it was both the scheme and the talent level????

in other news ... the Sun is warm

welcome to the 21st century mr. vermeil :cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

dirk digler
12-13-2004, 08:03 PM
So, last year it wasn't the players ... it was the scheme and this year it's not the scheme, but it's the players.

Hmmm ... why not give GRob Gunther's players and then give Gunther GRob's players... oh, wait a second..

Yep. I really hope that they finally figured it out this time of course they should have listened to us in the first place. We are the real experts.

Rausch
12-13-2004, 08:04 PM

I think that's his way of saying it.

I don't see Gun changing his scheme. I'd sooner keep the scheme, see who works and who doesn't, and make the appropriate cuts/signings/drafts...

Iowanian
12-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Regardless.

I don't like Robinson's scheme, and I'm glad he's gone. I give Gunther another year, and without DRASTIC improvement with some offseason personell help..........He goes with the rest of them.

I think this team has 1 more year and gets gutted due to retirement and cuts.

KC Jones
12-13-2004, 08:08 PM
It's because Gunther's scheme calls for players who tackle. I think we should just adjust the sheme though to take into account our roster full of slow undersized tweeners who like to grab at guys as they run by with the ball.

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2004, 08:40 PM
About f***ing time should have realized this two seasons ago so last year we should have won the freaking Super Bowl.

milkman
12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
It's because Gunther's scheme calls for players who tackle. I think we should just adjust the sheme though to take into account our roster full of slow undersized tweeners who like to grab at guys as they run by with the ball.

Call it GrabAss D?

Deberg_1990
12-13-2004, 08:53 PM

I suppose this is why GRob's scheme was slightly more successful here. He basically had all the players play off and let the recievers catch everything underneath. He would let the opposistion march up and down the field all day long and pray that the other team would make a mistake with a turnover. Sometimes it would happen, other times not. The problem is, good teams dont commit turnovers so you cant count on that to win games all the time. You must be able to have plenty of 3 and outs from your defense as well....problem is we dont have the talent to consistantly stop teams on 3 and outs.

dirk digler
12-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Well after tonight's embarrasing performance in front of millions of viewers I hope DV and CP come out and apologize for being total ****tards.

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Well after tonight's embarrasing performance in front of millions of viewers I hope DV and CP come out and apologize for being total ****tards.

DV critize the defense? :banghead: they never do anything wrong. :shake:

stanleychief
12-14-2004, 12:54 AM

So, we should arm them with baseball bats and have them start swinging when the ball is snapped? ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
12-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Gunther's scheme has made the run D better, but it's overexposed our DBs.

J Diddy
12-14-2004, 01:53 AM
it was both the scheme and the talent level????

in other news ... the Sun is warm

welcome to the 21st century mr. vermeil :cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

When did the sun become warm?
Last I knew it was damn hot.
WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Boyceofsummer
12-14-2004, 02:03 AM
This staff has to go. And take CP with you. My wife could see the problems with this team the last 3 years. If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny. I did not watch the last two games. I used to tape games that I could not watch.

DaWolf
12-14-2004, 02:27 AM
They need to adjust both. We're not gonna change all 11 guys on D. We will bring in some guys who can better do what Gun wants. But Gun is also going to have to adjust himself to the talent he has. This year I've really felt that, while our talent isn't that great, it could still be better utilized by another coordinator who didn't want to run the ultra aggressive scheme Gun likes to run, because Gun really needs that press coverage to be working and that guy who can come off the edge to disrupt the passing game for his scheme to work. If he doesn't have that, his scheme is very succeptible to giving up big plays in the passing game. So Gun needs to adjust himself too.

But no doubt we need to get new players in here...