PDA

View Full Version : How is winning this mnf game good?

chiefscafan
12-13-2004, 11:53 PM
We finish 8-8 if we win all the rest how does this help the team someone please explain this to ME?

we were lucky tonight

I can't see how finishing with a good record helps we get a horrible pick and we don't make the playoffs how is this good someone please explain this to Me?

Rausch
12-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Winning is always good...

David.
12-13-2004, 11:54 PM
stfu

LiL stumppy
I just hope lose 1 game.

|Zach|
I hope you are nice and pissed...

CHIEFS WIN!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-13-2004, 11:55 PM
If I have to explain it to you, it can't be explained.

Period

Joe Seahawk
12-13-2004, 11:56 PM
You're still mathematically alive for the playoffs.. ;)

|Zach|

Period
Bingo.

Pitt Gorilla

PeriodREP. Awesome.

suds79
it doesn't help us.

The only way someone could get some enjoyment out of this is if they're either other team fans or are Chief fans and are into single game wins with little to no care or understanding into what it takes to get to the SB.

|Zach|
12-13-2004, 11:57 PM
it doesn't help us.

The only way someone could get some enjoyment out of this is if they're either other team fans or are Chief fans and are into single game wins with little to no care or understanding into what it takes to get to the SB.
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

Coach
12-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Who gives a shit about the Draft? You know what guys (and gals if you are looking)? I would rather play with pride and win than bow down and get a good draft pick personally.

I still want to win. Period.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-13-2004, 11:59 PM
I never thought I'd see Chiefs fans crying because the Chiefs won.

This is sadder than this season

KCN
12-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Who gives a shit about the Draft? You know what guys (and gals if you are looking)? I would rather play with pride and win than bow down and get a good draft pick personally.

What he said. Winning is always good. Especially fun games like that.

suds79
12-14-2004, 12:00 AM

Yeah so do I.

Would you rather win one game tonight or win for the next 5 years with an impact player?

Bob Dole
12-14-2004, 12:01 AM
It sucks to blow a $70 bar tab on a loss, so the win is good.

It's also impossible for Bob Dole to hope this team loses, Gaylord.

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Yeah so do I.

Would you rather win one game tonight or win for the next 5 years with an impact player?
I forgot the draft is a science we are guarenteed an impact player...SAWEET!

Coach
12-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah so do I.

We have impact players. Did you not see what LJ did? Hell, we can just find somebody on defense in the FA if we finish 8-8 or, there's still that possibility of trading up, since we have extra draft picks.

Man, it felt good to win, especially when we suck so bad on losing in the 4th quarter.

And like I said, I want to win. I want to severly **** up Denver's playoff hopes next Sunday. Anyone who wants to pick a draft pick over a victory over the Broncos should be ashamed of themselves.

LocoChiefsFan
stfu
Ha Ha Ha, I was going to say the same thing. Oh heck, I will anyway .STFU!!!

tk13
It may not be good in the long run, but a win always feels good. Always.

Otter
12-14-2004, 12:04 AM

Your're an asshat, go tickle Taco's balls. Bet he gives you a kiss before you're done.

Smooochie shmooch

Go take you're ego for a ride too, it needs a dusting off.

Rain Man
12-14-2004, 12:04 AM
I want to win. We could all be dead this time next season.

Rausch
12-14-2004, 12:05 AM
Your're an asshat, go tickle Taco's ballls.

You're a traitor, go tickle KK's ballz...

Logical
12-14-2004, 12:05 AM
It is always fun to win, but you are correct there is nothing good for the Chiefs future in this win.

Mr. Kotter
12-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Urlacher, MLB

Rolle, CB

and Williams, DE

and we compete next year; look toward the Playoffs. :thumb:

suds79
12-14-2004, 12:09 AM

#5 pick? or #16. Which do you think would be harder to mess up?

Yes I know Ryan was #6 which just goes to show how bad Carl is.

I guess as long as we have a GM who most of us feel can't draft at all, we royaly f#cked.

You just can't get to the big game if you're just spending good money to get star players.

You need some players who come cheap to contribute.

cdcox
12-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Winning traditions perpetuate.
Losing tranditions perpetuate.

It is important for this team to re-establish their winning ways this year, to carry the momentum into next year.

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 12:11 AM
WTF? Do you really think king Carl will pick better picking 8th or 15th? Does it matter? I'm glad to not embarass ourselfs on national TV (okay maybe the secondary did get embrassed) but the rest of the team didn't. Glad to see LJ come of age. Winning is what its all about not draft position.

el borracho
12-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Yeah so do I.

I want both and it can be done.

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Urlacher, MLB

Rolle, CB

and Williams, DE

Put down the crack pipe and come back to reality......Fuk it.....give me some of that mojo also.:thumb:

HolmeZz
12-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Urlacher, MLB

Rolle, CB

and Williams, DE

Kiss Rolle goodbye now. We're moving into the 'teens' picks in the draft, and Rolle will be long gone. We're probably in Ahmad Brooks territory as of now. Not bad, but we're probably not going to get a Derrick Johnson or Antrel Rolle.

suds79
12-14-2004, 12:14 AM
I want both and it can be done.

well I wish I had your confidence and I hope you're right.

Just don't believe it will happen.

Well I'm just frustrated because the road "I believe" that will fastest get the Chiefs to the SB isn't happening.

see ya later.

Goodnight all.

Mr. Kotter
12-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Sure it's been said....sometimes it helps to be lucky, rather than good....

Stinger
12-14-2004, 12:18 AM
it doesn't help us.

Hate to tell you but one impact player is not going to help this D so I tell you what let go your way and throw the next 2 seasons ... yep let s go 0-32 that way we can get 2 impact players. :rolleyes:

Am still amazed that people can be disapointed in winning. :shake:

tk13
12-14-2004, 12:20 AM
It depends. If we don't have a top 5 pick, I'm not sure it's going to matter. I think Derrick Johnson and maybe Rolle are the two big impact players, but either way we're going to have have an opportunity at the Marlin Jacksons and Erasmus James... and as long as we get somebody who's good, at this point it doesn't matter what position he plays (save maybe DT), he'll probably get on the field.

2bikemike
12-14-2004, 12:20 AM
I wonder how come there are so many perrenial losers in the league since those high draft picks are so valuable. How many years did the Chargers end up with high picks before they finally got there shit together. Or better yet Cinci.

Draft picks are always a crap shoot. It takes a combo of good choices in the draft regardless of where you pick and picking up key FA. Know way in hell we can address all the needs of defense in the draft. We need a minimum of 2 outstanding FA aquisitions preferably 3.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2004, 12:22 AM
#5 pick? or #16. Which do you think would be harder to mess up?

Yes I know Ryan was #6 which just goes to show how bad Carl is.

I guess as long as we have a GM who most of us feel can't draft at all, we royaly f#cked.

You just can't get to the big game if you're just spending good money to get star players.

You need some players who come cheap to contribute.Do you even think about what you are writing? The #5 pick won't come cheap. The #16 would be much cheaper. Look at NE's draft the last several years to see how to get good players on the cheap; it's not drafting extremely high.

Coach
12-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Johnson/Rolle or not, you play the freakin game to win no matter what the situation is. If we miss out on Johnson/Rolle, we miss out on Johnson/Rolle. We could always move up in the draft if we want to.

Alphaman
12-14-2004, 12:27 AM
We finish 8-8 if we win all the rest how does this help the team someone please explain this to ME?

we were lucky tonight

I can't see how finishing with a good record helps we get a horrible pick and we don't make the playoffs how is this good someone please explain this to Me?

Like other fans I'm intrigued by having a top 5 pick. However, closing out this season on a winning note, builds momentum going into next season. It has been shown that teams that finish strong tend to make alot of noise the following season.

For us, winning the way we've won the last 2 weeks is even better. We are winning games, but the defense is still getting exploited. Top 5 pick or not, what Chiefs fans really want is a major change in the defensive personnel. If we keep winning games giving up major points (in four of our five wins we've given up at least 24 points, twice more than 30), there will be no choice but to get some defensive players.

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
I hate to say it, but we actually should use our first round pick on an offensive tackle the more I think about it. And if we keep winning, a OT might make more sense in our draft spot.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM
I don't know about that. Black looked awfully damn good tonight for his first start.

I think with a few games under his belt, we've got a starting RT for next year.

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2004, 12:35 AM
well I wish I had your confidence and I hope you're right.

Just don't believe it will happen.

Well I'm just frustrated because the road "I believe" that will fastest get the Chiefs to the SB isn't happening.

see ya later.

Goodnight all.

If you want to be pissed off about something be pissed off about the games we lost before now, not that we won tonight. How come the Bengals were in the cellar for over a decade, the Cardinals have been a laughing stock for years when they've had high picks for years. I just have a hard time believing if it were the Patriots that had our record that they would tank the season. We shouldn't either. It's about pride and just loving the game for the game.

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 12:36 AM
If you want to be pissed off about something be pissed off about the games we lost before now, not that we won tonight. How come the Bengals were in the cellar for over a decade, the Cardinals have been a laughing stock for years when they've had high picks for years. I just have a hard time believing if it were the Patriots that had our record that they would tank the season. We shouldn't either. It's about pride and just loving the game for the game.
Respect.

Taco John
12-14-2004, 12:44 AM
Your're an asshat, go tickle Taco's balls. Bet he gives you a kiss before you're done.

Smooochie shmooch

Go take you're ego for a ride too, it needs a dusting off.

Whoah dude... Not until you've finished your turn. Now make with the tickling...