PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight. Now we all LOVE Larry Johnson??

Kylo Ren
12-14-2004, 12:20 AM
I thought, just a few short weeks ago, that we all hated that bastard? I thought Blaylock was our backup RB God? Man, how quickly things change!!

Deberg_1990
12-14-2004, 12:24 AM
I think its safe to say LJ is the better overall back and has the most upside. Blaylock is good, but he doesnt have the size and power that LJ has shown. Blaylock is probably faster, but when hit he gets stuffed. LJ has the strength to break tackles.

bricks
12-14-2004, 12:25 AM
Well, that's how it is I guess. When your good, everybody loves you. when your sh*t, everybody pisses on you. Not to mention, a funny quote I heard from the movie the fan, starring Robert Deniro and wesley Snipes. snipes says, "the fans are like women. When your good, they love you. When your bad they hate you." I'm beginning to think, there is some truth to that :hmmm:

Rausch
Funny how once you prove yourself people like you.

Kylo Ren
I think its safe to say LJ is the better overall back and has the most upside. Blaylock is good, but he doesnt have the size and power that LJ has shown. Blaylock is probably faster, but when hit he gets stuffed. LJ has the strength to break tackles. But just a few weeks ago we were saying that LJ gets tripped up easily and/or goes down on first contact?

jspchief
12-14-2004, 12:30 AM
But just a few weeks ago we were saying that LJ gets tripped up easily and/or goes down on first contact?

We? You got a mouse in your pocket?

Anyone that was commenting on his early performance also has to keep in mind that it's his first real chance in the NFL. The fact that he's gotten better seems to indicate that it was just "first time" jitters. I'm not putting him in Canton yet, I'm just saying he appears to be suited to handle the back-up job behind Holmes. Why spend more money on Blaylock when we already have LJ under contract?

Rain Man
12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Now he's fast and a few weeks ago he was slow. It shows the effect of confidence, for those who are hoping that the Chiefs will lose so they can get a higher draft pick.

elvomito
12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
well i guess it is the SHOW-ME state

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 12:32 AM
I think this proves it:

Gunther_Fan=Larry Johnson

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM
I've never hated LJ. The only thing I ever wanted was for him to get a chance. He has showed why he is the bomb almost IMMEDIATELY.

|Zach|
I have always been in his corner.

bricks
I think this proves it:

Gunther_Fan=Larry Johnson

:rolleyes: Shutup

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 12:37 AM
I don't think there was a lot of hate for LJ here or from the Chief fans. We didn't want him because we wanted defensive help not because we didn't want him and as far as evaluating his on the field performance no one could until the last 2 weeks. pre-season doesnt count when you are a #1 pick. Look at the playing time Sims gets and whats he done. Average at best. Play LJ the rest of the way all game and sit blaylock.

Kylo Ren
12-14-2004, 07:58 AM
I don't think there was a lot of hate for LJ here or from the Chief fans. We didn't want him because we wanted defensive help not because we didn't want him and as far as evaluating his on the field performance no one could until the last 2 weeks. pre-season doesnt count when you are a #1 pick. Look at the playing time Sims gets and whats he done. Average at best. Play LJ the rest of the way all game and sit blaylock. Shouldn't we at least ATTEMPT to sign Blaylock? There are allot of FA RB's on the market this offseason. That should lower the demand for Blaylock. I'd like for us to keep him if possible.

MichaelH
12-14-2004, 08:00 AM
I never hated Larry Johnson. I always felt he'd impress people if he was only given the chance. His last season at Penn State wasn't a fluke and he's proving it. If DV can turn down his ego, Johnson will be a great RB.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 08:02 AM
I never hated Larry Johnson. I always felt he'd impress people if he was only given the chance. His last season at Penn State wasn't a fluke and he's proving it. If DV can turn down his ego, Johnson will be a great RB.

Did you see the post-game last night? His ego is not that bad at all.

He hasn't hardly said anything in the press to earn that rep either.

philfree
12-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Shouldn't we at least ATTEMPT to sign Blaylock?

Transition Tag just like last year. If they wanna pay starter momey then they can have him. There's some good RBs in the draft and depending on who the free agents are we could stand a good chance of keep Blaylock. He didn't get much attention in last years free agency.

PhilFree :arrow:

MichaelH

Ummm. I was refering to DV's ego.

NewChief

I think he's talking about DV's ego.

MichaelH
12-14-2004, 08:06 AM
I think he's talking about DV's ego.

:LOL: What he said.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 08:07 AM
What? DV has no ego! He just cries! IMPOSSIBLE!

CosmicPal
12-14-2004, 08:09 AM
I never hated LJ...I always thought he got a bad rap and add his off-field antics and the coach calling him names and everything and LJ didn't sit well with everyone. I'm happy for him now, for I've always believed if he got the chance- he could prove himself- and he has!

So, are you not in LOVE with him? Geez, give me a break gunther_fan....a player does well on the field for your favorite team and you can't applaud his success? Whatever....:rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
12-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Yes.

I've ALWAYS loved Leon....er, I mean Larry/LJ. :thumb:

It was a stroke of absolute genius to draft him. :p

gblowfish
12-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Leon tried to tell y'all yesterday...Leon livin large on MNF. Not one but TWO TD runs. Did it all myself too. Didn't see me draggin no diaper down the field neither, did'ya? Leon even picked up the blitz...once. Hey, can't spoil this fine property! Leon's agent and Leon's daddy says its time to re-negotiate, especially if that nacho eatin pretty boy goes back to Texas...permanent like. Who's on the Madden trailer?...Leon baby! Look out King Carl..STFD and STFU!!...you my bitch now! Can you say L-E-O-N? Show Leon the MONEY!

Kylo Ren
12-14-2004, 08:28 AM
I never hated Larry Johnson. I always felt he'd impress people if he was only given the chance. His last season at Penn State wasn't a fluke and he's proving it. If DV can turn down his ego, Johnson will be a great RB. Right. You didn't hate LJ. It's funny. I can't find ANYONE that has been critical of LJ this season or last season. EVERYONE really, deep down inside, always loved the guy. Odd, right?

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 08:33 AM
Right. You didn't hate LJ. It's funny. I can't find ANYONE that has been critical of LJ this season or last season. EVERYONE really, deep down inside, always loved the guy. Odd, right?
Your point being?

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Right. You didn't hate LJ. It's funny. I can't find ANYONE that has been critical of LJ this season or last season. EVERYONE really, deep down inside, always loved the guy. Odd, right?

I think that perhaps we should just enjoy the success of a Chiefs player rather than debating who was a true believer in LJ and who is a recent jumper on to the bandwagon

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Larry Johnson is the next Priest Holmes.

:D

MichaelH
12-14-2004, 08:40 AM

I'm glad you agree. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
12-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Larry Johnson is the next Priest Holmes.

:D

Priest couldn't carry LJ's jock; Priest is a poor man's version of LJ. :cuss:

KCTitus
12-14-2004, 08:48 AM
I think that perhaps we should just enjoy the success of a Chiefs player rather than debating who was a true believer in LJ and who is a recent jumper on to the bandwagon

Obviously, you havent been around here very long...

Skip Towne
12-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Yes.

I've ALWAYS loved Leon....er, I mean Larry/LJ. :thumb:

It was a stroke of absolute genius to draft him. :p
You idiot, Leon is a WR. How can you confuse the two?

Sure-Oz
12-14-2004, 09:08 AM
I have always thought if he was given a chance he could do well.

Red Dawg
12-14-2004, 09:10 AM
He looks faster in the last two games than he did ever before. I think he's trying harder.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2004, 09:12 AM
I think he is just running rather then trying to figure out whta to do, he is doing what he does best. He was way to hesitant before. He is remembering what it was lioke during a game!

chiefz
12-14-2004, 09:16 AM
This just keeps getting funnier all the time.

ChiefsFanInIndy
12-14-2004, 09:17 AM
" I never hated LJ...I always thought he got a bad rap and add his off-field antics and the coach calling him names and everything and LJ didn't sit well with everyone. I'm happy for him now, for I've always believed if he got the chance- he could prove himself- and he has! "

I agree 100% with this. And I think they should let Blaylock go in free agency, spend that money on defense and put Johnson in behind Holmes. Give him his due.

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 09:27 AM
I'm not a Johnson Lover..........

He has made the absolute most out of his limited touches the past 3 weeks.........but I can't get over 3 things yet........
1. His first carries of the season he looked so timid
2. His attitude
3. He carries the ball in the inside hand

morphius
12-14-2004, 09:30 AM
I have always been in the wait and see catagory with the guy. For some reason we seem to time and time again have coaches who absolutly fear the young guys getting their chances because they are afraid they may mess up.

chiefz
12-14-2004, 09:31 AM
I'm not a Johnson Lover..........

He has made the absolute most out of his limited touches the past 3 weeks.........but I can't get over 3 things yet........
1. His first carries of the season he looked so timid
2. His attitude
3. He carries the ball in the inside hand

All things that can (and some that have already) be adjusted, the natural talent and atheletic ability however are things that cannot be learned.

Hoover
12-14-2004, 09:32 AM
I have always been a supporter of LJ.

While looking back now, I think we needed to draft a defensive player with that pick but how were we to know Priest would hold up.

He is the RBOTF. He allows the Chiefs to keep their playoff window open for another 2-3 years.

philfree
12-14-2004, 10:43 AM
I have always been a supporter of LJ.

While looking back now, I think we needed to draft a defensive player with that pick but how were we to know Priest would hold up.

He is the RBOTF. He allows the Chiefs to keep their playoff window open for another 2-3 years.

But Holmes hasn't held up.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2004, 10:45 AM
But Holmes hasn't held up.

He will, because next year his load is going to be diminished big time.

If our coaching staff doesn't limit the strain on Priest, they're stupid.

Logical
12-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Don't be silly, Leon had two great runs last night. Leon did it for Carl. Leon did not need his blockers to make it happen. Leon is not universally loved.:harumph:

Logical
12-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Leon tried to tell y'all yesterday...Leon livin large on MNF. Not one but TWO TD runs. Did it all myself too. Didn't see me draggin no diaper down the field neither, did'ya? Leon even picked up the blitz...once. Hey, can't spoil this fine property! Leon's agent and Leon's daddy says its time to re-negotiate, especially if that nacho eatin pretty boy goes back to Texas...permanent like. Who's on the Madden trailer?...Leon baby! Look out King Carl..STFD and STFU!!...you my bitch now! Can you say L-E-O-N? Show Leon the MONEY!

Rep

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 11:55 AM
I thought, just a few short weeks ago, that we all hated that bastard? I thought Blaylock was our backup RB God? Man, how quickly things change!!
But can he be a team player?

Can the coaches show a little maturity as well?

I like what I see in the last couple of games. He is quicker than Holmes once he gets through the whole.

When was the last time we seen Holmes take one to the house?

Holmes is still great when you need that last few yards on the goal line or first down. He can catch the ball and block better than Johnson, but I am hoping that LJ can figure that out soon.

I am cautiously optimistic about LJ's future with the Chiefs. The rest of you, keep fing doubting LJ.

Oxford
12-14-2004, 12:07 PM
But can he be a team player? (Face it, he has had an attitude problem)

Can the coaches show a little maturity as well? (If you can't take criticism as a player, and redirect it into improvement you're dead, anyway I think he is somewhat insecure.)

I like what I see in the last couple of games. He is quicker than Holmes once he gets through the whole. (agreed, but he is not as quick to the hole. Faster, maybe)

When was the last time we seen Holmes take one to the house? (not for several weeks)

Holmes is still great when you need that last few yards on the goal line or first down. He can catch the ball and block better than Johnson, but I am hoping that LJ can figure that out soon. (agreed, LJ is not as experienced as Priest by virtue of playing time)

ChiefsOne
12-14-2004, 12:25 PM
But just a few weeks ago we were saying that LJ gets tripped up easily and/or goes down on first contact?

I admit I was one. I think LJ has a great future, but just don't want him to relplace Priest too fast.

There's only one Priest.

philfree
12-14-2004, 12:41 PM
The I Love Larry Show.............Oh Larry I'm Ho-ome!

Wile_E_Coyote
12-14-2004, 12:54 PM
LJ was on Dante's show this week. He said he hangs with & asks advice from Dante, Kennison & Morton. Other than Trent there are no two bigger DV guys than Dante & Kennison.

~Nothing important here, I just found it interesting

donkhater
12-14-2004, 01:42 PM
I felt that people on this board were being unfair to LJ earlier in the season. All he has ever wanted was a chance to show his stuff and was disapointed when he wasn't traded. None of the reasons people disliked him had anything to do with what he did on the field. How could it? He didn't play. People claimed he looked slow to the hole and couldn't even find the hole, but I suspect many fine RBs in the game today had a learning curve like LJ does. Reps are what is needed to truly find out.

Having said that, I really want to see him go against San Diego and Denver, two teams with good defenses with something to play for. He's gotten a passing grade playing against high school defenses, now let's see how he does against something tougher.

And I don't mean splitting time with Blaylock. Signing Blaylock and trading Johnson would be mucho expensive (accelerated signing bonus) compared to the alternative of letting Blaylock go and keeping LJ. Let's see what the kid can do with 25-30 carries. If Blaylock starts Sunday, it is a sign that the old man (DV) is a vindictive ass and senile and has to go IMO.

htismaqe
12-14-2004, 03:12 PM
I've been on the LJ bandwagon since the beginning. Too bad DV is a freaking baby...

picasso
12-14-2004, 03:29 PM
I agree with donkhater in that the last two games were against teams with bad defenses. Not taking anything away from the performance Larry dished out but lets see what he can do against the two best in our division. We know what Priest can do already, now it's LJ's turn.

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 03:58 PM
I've been on the LJ bandwagon since the beginning. Too bad DV is a freaking baby...

Since the search function is disabled we cant verify this info so we will take your word for it. :p

chiefsfolife
12-14-2004, 04:42 PM
priest cant do anything but eat nachos

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
priest cant do anything but eat nachos

and break touchdown records