PDA

View Full Version : LJ or Priest?

PastorMikH
12-14-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm excited to see LJ run like he did tonight. However, I am rather shocked at some of the posts I'm reading that are suggesting replacing Priest with him. In my book, Priest is still THE MAN. LJ has looked good the last 2 games, but Priest is by far and away the best back on our team and one of the best in the NFL. Time for a reality check poll.

So, let's draw a line here, Priest is 100% in September, who would you rather see play???

royr17
12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
LJ ... Im more than likely gonna get bit over this one ...

tk13
12-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Priest.... Priest is the man. I've always thought LJ was a better "home run threat", but Priest is the best running back in the league.

elvomito
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM
a no-brainer... priest

and you didn't vote lj, so we know you like priest more

BigRedChief
WTF this is a joke right? A sarcasm thread on the current LJ love fest correct?

elvomito
^^previous post to roy

PastorMikH
12-14-2004, 12:37 AM
WTF this is a joke right? A sarcasm thread on the current LJ love fest correct?

No joke. I've read a number of posts tonight suggesting this concept tonight and personaly think the idea is ridiculous - only a Bronco or Raider fan would be for a roster move like this - and I wanted to check the pulse of the Planet on it.

David.
12-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Why bench the best player in the NFL? I'll take my cup-o-priest anyday.

penchief
12-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Seriously, Preist Holmes is my favorite running back. But LJ does have the potential to be special. In the limited opportunities he has been given has been able to duplicate what he did his senior year at Penn State. If he can do that every time he plays he will be as good as Holmes.

With Holmes' age and the injuries he's suffered lately, I say that LJ is a safe bet. He even looks good on the short yardage first down carries. Even when he isn't breaking off long TD runs he's moving the chains. If we can get quality draft picks or players that can help our defense in a meaningful way I'm not so sure that choosing Johnson over Holmes isn't in the best interests of the franchise in the long run.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Priest until he retires, LJ will definetly be our RB of the future.

digi2fish
12-14-2004, 12:59 AM
he has proven himself a competitor to Blaylock, but still a long way to Priest.

Deberg_1990
12-14-2004, 01:01 AM
Its Priest job until he decides to retire....hes earned that right...You shouldnt have to ask why.

Rausch
12-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Crack is bad...

Logical
12-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Priest no question

beer bacon
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
Priest is the man, but I wouldn't mind giving LJ two or three offensive drives a game. If we could keep Priest's touches per game to 20 or so and not have a huge slow down on offense it would be huge. That way we could lean on him later in the season if we needed too. Hell, if our D some how actually improves we could lean on a much more healthy Priest come the playoffs.

Taco John
12-14-2004, 01:09 AM
For the record, I hope you stick with Priest. Diaper Boy looks like a threat from anywhere on the field, and I'd just as soon see him get to a boiling point where he's had enough of the Chiefs organization and just wants out.

Starting a runningback for pure nostalgia reasons instead of the future of the franchise seems like a good way to accomplish that.

Ugly Duck
12-14-2004, 01:19 AM
Hairy Johnson all the way. Priest has lost a step and has no second-level burst anymore.

Count Alex's Losses
12-14-2004, 01:22 AM
For the record, I hope you stick with Priest. Diaper Boy looks like a threat from anywhere on the field, and I'd just as soon see him get to a boiling point where he's had enough of the Chiefs organization and just wants out.

Starting a runningback for pure nostalgia reasons instead of the future of the franchise seems like a good way to accomplish that.

Taco John is the bomb.

IMO, the best thing is to keep Priest as the starter, but to give Johnson more carries as the #2 guy next year. Priest is rested and can avoid injury, Johnson can provide us with that 1-2 punch.

Johnson rips off a long gainer, Priest comes in and punches it in when we are in the redzone.

Ideally, the stats would look like this:

Priest: 250 carries, 1,250 yards, 30 catches, 300 yards, 20 TD
LJ: 100 carries, 500 yards, 30 catches, 300 yards, 10 TD

penchief
12-14-2004, 01:24 AM

I don't completely agree with your comments but I do fear another John Tait fiasco. LJ is a true playmaker waiting for his chance to shine.

I couldn't agree more with the pro-Holmes sentiment that dominates this thread. He is a football player in the same sense that Podalak was in my mind. Priest is my favorite player but I love what Johnson brings to the table. And I love the fact that he is motivated by the doubters. In many ways, he is a lot like Priest. He has a lot of personal pride, he is a hard worker, and he conducts himself professionally on the field.

Count Alex's Losses
12-14-2004, 01:26 AM
I don't completely agree with your comments but I do fear another John Tait fiasco. LJ is a true playmaker waiting for his chance to shine.

It's Gannon vs Grbac, part deux...

except the two players don't suck.

penchief
12-14-2004, 01:51 AM
It's Gannon vs Grbac, part deux...

except the two players don't suck.

Except this time it really would be the right move to keep the young guy.

MichaelH
12-14-2004, 06:52 AM
I think Priest should start because he's earned it. If he gets hurt yet again, or his production isn't as high as what Johnson could do, then Johnson should get the start. I don't want to see a running back by committee situation next season, but it's done wonders for Jerome Bettis in Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be opposed to starting Johnson and putting Priest in for goal line situations.

Ultra Peanut
12-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Priest is king, but LJ is the prince.

philfree
12-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Start Holmes but spell him with LJ and do it more frequently then we've done it in the past to keep Holmes fresh for the long haul. Also maybe use LJ behind TRich in short yardage instead of Holmes. Holmes' goal was to have more runs over 30 yards this year and he didn't get many. Enter LJ and "BooM" two TDs over 40 yards in one game. We got two good RBs with one old and one young so it's the perfect time to start spliting more time. Next year I mean.

PhilFree :arrow:

Radar Chief
12-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Crack is bad...

Indeed.

philfree
12-14-2004, 07:52 AM
I hope Larry Blows up on the Donks this week and for many years to come making them wish they had never injured Priest Homes' hip. That'd be a nice twist of fate.

PhilFree :arrow:

DeepSouth
12-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Priest is 31 and can't stay healthy. LJ demonstrated last night what a back with speed can do once he gets past the first set of tacklers. He has the three longest carries for the Chiefs this year. If I could trade Priest for a starting corner or starting linebacker, I'd do it in a heart beat.

StcChief
12-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Priest without a doubt.
Larry maybe our future or trade bait for Corner, MLB.

Just keep running LJ get his stock up.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Priest is the man. But it's damn nice to have an heir apparent if he goes down or retires. I would seriously play LJ some in each game next year to keep him sharp and to lighten the load on Priest...so both will be ready to rock come playoff time!

:thumb: