PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock: Johnson is the real deal

tk13
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10411424.htm

Johnson is the real deal

JASON WHITLOCK

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — So maybe now Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders will do what's best for the Chiefs the rest of this season rather than pleasure their egos.

Maybe now Vermeil and Saunders will showcase Larry Johnson, the second-year running back formerly known as SloJo.

Now that Johnson has staged a national coming-out party, now that Vermeil's and Saunders' collective stubbornness and pettiness almost cost the Chiefs one more game, maybe now they'll give Larry Johnson a legitimate shot.

The Chiefs rallied in the final minutes and knocked off the Tennessee Titans 49-38 in a “Monday Night Football” game that was wilder (and closer) than the final score indicated. Neither team played any defense. NFL investigators are still conducting a manhunt looking for members of Kansas City's secondary. They failed to show up at The Coliseum. (According to investigators, a Nashville comedian trying to make a name for himself impersonated Chiefs cornerback William Bartee for much of Monday night.)

The good news is Kansas City's 2003 No. 1 draft pick, Larry Johnson, rushed for 104 yards and two TDs in just seven carries. Johnson ripped off TD runs of 46 and 41 yards, the two longest KC runs of the season. He actually owns the Chiefs' three longest runs this season.

Johnson looked like a completely different back Monday night. He ran with authority, confidence and great speed. He burst through arm tackles, accelerated into holes and lowered his shoulders on contact. L.J. looked like the answer to a Kansas City problem.

He looked like a guy who could give the Chiefs some off-season options. He could be trade bait, or he could make Priest Holmes trade bait. Johnson could be the Chief who fixes Kansas City's defense. But only if Vermeil and Saunders will let him.

They don't even want to consider that they're wrong about Johnson, the running back Carl Peterson drafted over the objections of Vermeil.

How else do you explain Johnson's use Monday night? Just seven carries on a night when he rushes for 104 yards. Derrick Blaylock, the soon-to-be free agent, had his number called 14 times. He gained 51 yards. Blaylock is a good player. But he doesn't have a future in Kansas City.

Johnson could have a significant role in KC's future … if, and only if, Vermeil and Saunders move beyond their anti-Johnson feelings.

Monday night, with the score tied 35-35 late in the fourth quarter, Saunders decided it was the perfect time to hand the ball to fullback Tony Richardson for his first carry of the game. The exchange from quarterback Trent Green was fumbled with 2 minutes, 5 seconds to play. The Titans recovered deep in KC territory. The only thing that saved Vermeil and Saunders was Tennessee's stupid and conservative play-calling.

In an offensive shootout, Titans coach Jeff Fisher thought a field goal would win the game. Why? Because he's the stereotypical, foolish defensive coach. He couldn't recognize that his defense had no chance of stopping or even slowing the Chiefs late.

Kansas City marched downfield and scored the game-winning touchdown. Green hit Eddie Kennison with the winning score. Linebacker Kawika Mitchell tacked on a meaningless touchdown with 8 seconds left when he picked up a fumble and ran it in for a score.

Vermeil celebrated the victory on the sideline as if the game went according to script. You would have thought he and Saunders had orchestrated the whole thing. They were lucky. They got bailed out by bad decision-making by Fisher.

No one can bail them out the rest of this season. The L.J. feud needs to end. Johnson won. He just might be an outstanding football player. The rest of this season should be dedicated to developing and showcasing Johnson.

It's going to take a daring off-season move to fix this Kansas City football team. Don't be fooled by Monday's result. The Chiefs are awful. Their defense is embarrassing. It's going to take at least three or four new starters to fix KC's defense.

The Chiefs are going to have to part company with one of their talented offensive players — Tony Gonzalez, Holmes or Johnson — in trade to have any chance at improving their defense. Trades are tough in the NFL. The salary-cap rules make trading very difficult. The Chiefs need to figure it out. That process starts with figuring out what they have in Larry Johnson.

Taco John
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=10019&stc=1

Rausch
12-14-2004, 01:14 AM
He had me until his last paragraph...

Logical
12-14-2004, 01:15 AM
If Whitlock thinks that Carl could pull off a successful trade for any of those three, he has been overcome by the Gates burntends he ate to excess.

David.
12-14-2004, 01:16 AM
uhh screw getting rid of TG, PH, or LJ.

Pants
12-14-2004, 01:18 AM
uhh screw getting rid of TG, PH, or LJ.

If I absolutely HAD to pick one, it would have to be PH. He's only got 2 years in him, max.

Count Zarth
12-14-2004, 01:21 AM
Blaylock should not be resigned.

LJ has given us that luxury.

Use the cap dollars to sign a good defender or two.

Trading LJ is not the answer. He is the future.

Count Zarth
12-14-2004, 01:23 AM
If I absolutely HAD to pick one, it would have to be PH. He's only got 2 years in him, max.

I would agree with that. But I don't think think anyone is willing to give up a good defender + picks for a 32-year old RB with a bad knee and a bad hip.

KILLER_CLOWN
12-14-2004, 01:23 AM
do we giveup tg,ph or lj? i would prefer we cut eh,wb,km,sb,jw,gw...ah screwit just cut the whole defense, sign some bums off the street and improve the offense even more! DV would wet his pants!

Pants
12-14-2004, 01:25 AM
I would agree with that. But I don't think think anyone is willing to give up a good defender + picks for a 32-year old RB with a bad knee and a bad hip.

Fo sho. Which brings me back to my original conclusion,

Not gonna happen, Whitlock.

HolmeZz
12-14-2004, 01:29 AM
I don't think we'd trade either of the 3, but if we COULD get a lot, in draft picks or young proven players, for Priest, I'd have to do it, eventhough I love him to death.

Maybe I'm just hoping for a Herschel Walker to Minnesota type deal. :shake:

tk13
12-14-2004, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I'd have to admit that for about the last hour or so I've been tossing the idea back and forth in my head if having the choice, whether I would want Larry Johnson or Derrick Johnson...

grandllama
12-14-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm not sure where to put this thought... but after watching LJ tonight, I think Dick must be f*cking his girlfriend....

Count Zarth
Yeah, I'd have to admit that for about the last hour or so I've been tossing the idea back and forth in my head if having the choice, whether I would want Larry Johnson or Derrick Johnson...

If we wanted to move up we could just trade some draft picks.

Carl did it to get Tony.

Spicy McHaggis
If Whitlock thinks that Carl could pull off a successful trade for any of those three, he has been overcome by the Gates burntends he ate to excess.

Its that Tennesee pork barbeque. Its messing with his mind, he needs some of the KC goodness stat.

I'm not going to say I agree with Whitlock here on the LJ issue. I agree with my fellow planet members who said the same thing 2 weeks ago. Jason just happens to agree with them too.

HolmeZz
12-14-2004, 01:38 AM

Derrick Blaylock + Larry Johnson = Derrick Johnson

muwahahahahaha

tk13
12-14-2004, 01:40 AM
I'm not sure where to put this thought... but after watching LJ tonight, I think Dick must be f*cking his girlfriend....
The odd thing is that it's not just DV though. I was listening to a little of the postgame show on KCFX and the two in-studio guys have a chat with Bob Gretz and whatnot, and Gretz was brutally honest... talked about how horrible Bartee is, etc... but he also praised Carl for having patience with LJ, and that obviously DV didn't have the same patience, and that if Al Saunders had his way LJ probably "would never see the field". That kinda caught me off guard, Whitlock alludes to it here as well.... I don't know what Al would have against him.

grandllama
12-14-2004, 01:43 AM
The odd thing is that it's not just DV though. I was listening to a little of the postgame show on KCFX and the two in-studio guys have a chat with Bob Gretz and whatnot, and Gretz was brutally honest... talked about how horrible Bartee is, etc... but he also praised Carl for having patience with LJ, and that obviously DV didn't have the same patience, and that if Al Saunders had his way LJ probably "would never see the field". That kinda caught me off guard, Whitlock alludes to it here as well.... I don't know what Al would have against him.

And it boils back down to CP making the pick. Obviously as much as we like to rag on King Carl, he saw something in LJ. The same thing we've seen the last two weeks. Jeezus he was the shit tonight. The whole bar was screaming for him to succeed (not fail)... I started getting pissed when I saw 23 instead of 27 out there...

Taco John
12-14-2004, 01:48 AM
And it boils back down to CP making the pick. Obviously as much as we like to rag on King Carl, he saw something in LJ. The same thing we've seen the last two weeks. Jeezus he was the shit tonight. The whole bar was screaming for him to succeed (not fail)... I started getting pissed when I saw 23 instead of 27 out there...

You do realize that the Titans are known for giving up big plays on defense, right? Believe it or not, the Titans have given up more 20+ yard plays than the Chiefs this season.

grandllama
12-14-2004, 01:51 AM
You do realize that the Titans are known for giving up big plays on defense, right? Believe it or not, the Titans have given up more 20+ yard plays than the Chiefs this season.

That wasn't on the graphic Madden TRIED to explain :harumph:

Coach

Yeah, but IIRC, the Chiefs lead the NFL with 40+ yard plays.

BTW, if it interests you, and that if you have a TV near you, ESPN is doing the "Fumble" between the Browns and the Broncos, as one of NFL's greatest games. Just a heads up.

Pants
TJ, just admit it, you are jealous because we have 3 awesome RB's while you are stuck with Barry Griffin and Ruben Sanders.

Taco John
12-14-2004, 01:58 AM
Yeah, but IIRC, the Chiefs lead the NFL with 40+ yard plays.

BTW, if it interests you, and that if you have a TV near you, ESPN is doing the "Fumble" between the Browns and the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons), as one of NFL's greatest games. Just a heads up.

Ah, poor Earnest... I always feel bad for him when I watch that special...

penchief
12-14-2004, 02:06 AM

But that is what he does. 2087 yards, 26 touchdowns, and 8.02 yard average (NCAA record) in his only season as starter in college. He has duplicated it so far in his only opportunities to do so in the NFL. There is no reason to believe that he isn't the real deal. He outran those people to the endzone on his first TD. He went around the end and outran defenders who thought they had the angle... in the NFL. On the second TD he split defenders without either of them getting a solid shot at him. That is what he does.

Johnson has looked good three weeks in a row. That is more than you can say about a lot of backs in this league regardless of the quality of competition. Let's see.......Rudi Johnson had like 28 carries for 84 yards today, or something like that. I kinda like my Johnson better.

Count Zarth
12-14-2004, 03:01 AM
But that is what he does. 2087 yards, 26 touchdowns, and 8.02 yard average (NCAA record) in his only season as starter in college. He has duplicated it so far in his only opportunities to do so in the NFL. There is no reason to believe that he isn't the real deal. He outran those people to the endzone on his first TD. He went around the end and outran defenders who thought they had the angle... in the NFL. On the second TD he split defenders without either of them getting a solid shot at him. That is what he does.

Johnson has looked good three weeks in a row. That is more than you can say about a lot of backs in this league regardless of the quality of competition. Let's see.......Rudi Johnson had like 28 carries for 84 yards today, or something like that. I kinda like my Johnson better.

Dude, we've got to get you a Larry Johnson sig and avatar.

MichaelH
12-14-2004, 05:46 AM
I said it last week and I'll say it again. It's simply amazing what a good player can do when he gets the chance. I hope DV is enjoying his plate of crow this morning.

Demonpenz
12-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Did you guys notice Johnson was in there to block at the end? Good sign he can ge the job done. My only fear is that he will be traded to give priest and company one last gasp for a playoff spot.

MichaelH
12-14-2004, 05:59 AM
My only fear is that he will be traded to give priest and company one last gasp for a playoff spot.

That would be the dumbest thing Carl and Co. ever did.

Demonpenz
12-14-2004, 06:06 AM
That would be the dumbest thing Carl and Co. ever did.

that means it's a reasonable possiblility

fatandslow
12-14-2004, 07:20 AM
you know we could solve alot of problems by getting rid of WHITLOCK!!!

dtebbe
12-14-2004, 07:26 AM
Dammint Fatlock ... stop writing articles I agree with you fat f&*k! :cuss: :cuss:

DT

fatandslow
12-14-2004, 07:27 AM
sorry!!!!!

Hoover
12-14-2004, 07:29 AM
If we were to trade Priest I would want draft picks not players.

I say keep all three, go into next season telling LJ we will give him 5-10 carries a game and make a committment to running the ball 35 times a game.

In the offseason we need to address our Defense in Free Agency. We need to sign a top CB (fred Smoot) and at least one LB (Middle LB) Then in the draft go all Defense. (DE, CB, LB)

If we play in next years Super bowl, I'm positive it would be Priest's last game.

2006 its all about LJ

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 07:30 AM
We don't know why LJ is in Al Sanders and DV's doghouse but you gots to get the ball in LJ's hands the rest of the way.Why was richardson taking a draw with 2 mintues left in the game and LJ was on the sidelines?

StcChief
12-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Lets hope LJ toasts donxs this week.

Tuckdaddy
12-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Trading Gonzo or Holmes is pure insanity.

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 07:55 AM
At least Johnson was very very Humble and thanked his blockers in his post game interview.

He had a chance to "get me" in his corner, and failed in the post game.

Leon is a great name for him.

there is NO WAY the Chiefs, with Vermeil still here, and without gutting the team of aging vets, trade Holmes, Gonzo, or Leon.

philfree
12-14-2004, 08:08 AM
The whole trading star players is ridiculous IMO. I think we're gonna be in good cap shape so we shouldn't have to go that route.

PhilFree :arrow:

Chan93lx50
12-14-2004, 08:13 AM
If we lose anyone it will probably be Blaylock. No way does King Carl let LJ go.

DV and company had no say in drafting him they will have no say in trading him. LJ is King Carls boy

chiefz
12-14-2004, 08:21 AM
I can't imagine Carl Peterson letting LJ go at this point.

He took a lot of flack over this pick and it is one of the few he has made over the past few years that is panning out.

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 08:23 AM
There is no way CP lets Leon go.........He'll keep him around to "prove" he was right........

Blaylock is gone. It wouldn't bother me a bit if he were signed to a reasonable 3 year contract.

Skip Towne
12-14-2004, 08:35 AM
There is no way CP lets Leon go.........He'll keep him around to "prove" he was right........

Blaylock is gone. It wouldn't bother me a bit if he were signed to a reasonable 3 year contract.
How can you call this guy Leon? He is the exact opposite of Leon. Besides that, Leon is a WR.

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Did you see Johnson's post game interview Skip?

When asked about his production, what did he say?
Did he credit his blockers? did he credit the play call? No.......he said something like "I did it all on my own, I broke tackles and showed my speed"..."Carl Peterson is the only one who wanted me and I did this for him"...........

there is just something about his attitude that I'm not sold on yet.

Coogs
12-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Trading Gonzo or Holmes is pure insanity.

Not really, at least on Holmes. The offense has really not missed a beat with Holmes being on the sideline.

The defense sux, and is in dire need of an overhaul. If the deal is right, I would be all for it.

philfree
12-14-2004, 09:09 AM

He reminds me of Jim Brown with his smug confience. He's pretty convinced he's it. He may be! He's got a long way to go to be as good as Holmes has been but I like what I see.

philfree
12-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Not really, at least on Holmes. The offense has really not missed a beat with Holmes being on the sideline.

The defense sux, and is in dire need of an overhaul. If the deal is right, I would be all for it.

Wouldn't trading Holmes be a tremendous cap hit? Gonzo too!?

Coogs
12-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Wouldn't trading Holmes be a tremendous cap hit? Gonzo too!?

:shrug:

His bonuses were kind of weird. I don't know if he has received all of them yet or not.

Coogs
12-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Gonzo, I would keep. The offense is humming pretty good right now without Holmes. Not sure if that would happen if you take out Gonzo too.

BigRedChief
12-14-2004, 09:15 AM

Did he credit his blockers? did he credit the play call? No.......he said something like "I did it all on my own, I broke tackles and showed my speed"..."Carl Peterson is the only one who wanted me and I did this for him"...........

You have to have a little bit of an arrogant attitude to be an NFL running back. He's never been given a chance by DV and Al Saunders (2 mintues to go and you run a draw with Tony Richardson?) he was the player of the game the last 2 games. He's earned the right to crow a little. He's not totally arrogant. He just hands the ball to the ref when he scores td's. Thats pretty classy. :thumb:

philfree
12-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Gonzo, I would keep. The offense is humming pretty good right now without Holmes. Not sure if that would happen if you take out Gonzo too.

We should have enough cap room to make a move in free agency this year without trading a great player. Our strength as a team is our ability to run the ball. If we lose our starting RB we lose our strength unless there's another stud in the barn. We've got that and I like it.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 09:28 AM
What I found interesting after Johnson's 2nd TD was that when the camera showed him returning to the sideline he was being greeted primarily by the defensive starters and not fellow offensive guys. I don't know if the offense congratulated him on the field, but I noted he was surrounded by the D.

As far as Johnson's post game comments and giving himself and CP credit. Good for him. From what is coming out, he has every right to be pissed at DV and AS.

Coogs
12-14-2004, 09:38 AM
We should have enough cap room to make a move in free agency this year without trading a great player. Our strength as a team is our ability to run the ball. If we lose our starting RB we lose our strength unless there's another stud in the barn. We've got that and I like it.

If that is possible, then I would concur.

If not, then RB appears to be our strongest position. If we could swap say Holmes for Jason Taylor OR Miami's #2 draft pick, I would mull it over pretty hard before declining. A top of the line DE, LB, or CB would be pretty hard to pass up. Fill the rest from the draft and FA list.

Coogs
12-14-2004, 09:38 AM
What I found interesting after Johnson's 2nd TD was that when the camera showed him returning to the sideline he was being greeted primarily by the defensive starters and not fellow offensive guys. I don't know if the offense congratulated him on the field, but I noted he was surrounded by the D.

As far as Johnson's post game comments and giving himself and CP credit. Good for him. From what is coming out, he has every right to be pissed at DV and AS.
:thumb:

Sure-Oz
12-14-2004, 09:44 AM
No dont trade anyone, unless the right deal comes, LJ has to stay.

bringbackmarty
12-14-2004, 10:09 AM
That wasn't on the graphic Madden TRIED to explain :harumph:
that was 40 yds or more.

2bikemike
12-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Personally I am not willing to trade any of our offesive weapons. I think the cracks are showing in the offense. I wouldn't mind replacing a WR or two and I would like to solidify the line for a few more years. But I think the best bet is FA and the draft.

bringbackmarty
12-14-2004, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't put it past carl to trade lj, or maybe holmes, however I concede that the likely scenario is blaylock departing via FA. I woudn't be surprised if Gonzo is gone, how else do you explain the wilson pick? Carl has some options, maybe too many, If you ask me. There is a fifty fifty shot that holmes Johnson, or Gonzo could be gone. Fatlock is unfortunately correct.

HC_Chief
12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Holmes, LJ and Gonzalez are going nowhere.

Holmes, Gonzo and Green, aloing with the starting-five OL, are our offense. If anyone is going away on that side of the ball, it's Johnnie Morton.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Agreed. He is very marketable right now.

We would even be leveraging our O line with that deal

2bikemike
12-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Holmes, LJ and Gonzalez are going nowhere.

Holmes, Gonzo and Green, aloing with the starting-five OL, are our offense. If anyone is going away on that side of the ball, it's Johnnie Morton.

I agree and especailly with Morton (even though he his having his best year as a Chief) but next year will be interesting in seeing how the WR corps shakes out. There are a lot of guys not playing that were supposed phenoms in training camp.

HC_Chief
12-14-2004, 10:46 AM
I agree and especailly with Morton (even though he his having his best year as a Chief) but next year will be interesting in seeing how the WR corps shakes out. There are a lot of guys not playing that were supposed phenoms in training camp.

Really? I went to TC... none of the receivers stood out to me, with the possible exception of Chris Horn: he catches everything in sight. :thumb:

I'd be fine with keeping what we've got and replace Morton with a Bennett or Porter. This O has gotten along well w/ mediocre/poor wideouts... the addition of a solid, "dagger to the heart of opposing defenses" receiver would unlock so much for this O. It would free up Gonzalez, pull the safeties back - which gives the RBs more room to run after they hit the hole, and truly make this offense unstoppable. Hell, it's close to that level now with poor receivers :D

ChiefsOne
12-14-2004, 11:05 AM
No way in HELL would I want to get rid of Priest, Gonzo, or LJ (future)!!! You guys suggesting that are fuggin nuts.

Get a good WR and draft D and sign some through FA.

TRR
12-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Why would you trade Holmes, Gonzo, or LJ? We can add what we need on Defense without having to trade any of them. Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Skip Towne
12-14-2004, 11:29 AM

No, I haven't seen any interviews with him. I thought you were talking about him bitch slapping that senile VD after VD called him out in the media. BTW, he does do a hell of a lot of it on his own.

Chris Meck
12-14-2004, 11:57 AM
the only guy who's going anywhere is Blaylock. No need to keep him, Priest and Johnson will do nicely, thank you.

The younger linemen projects we've drafted recently by all accounts are coming along; and who better to learn from than Roaf and Shields? Black's looked good in there, for example.

Priest could go more than two more years at a LIGHTER LOAD, which we could give him now that Johnson would appear to be a real threat.

Tony G. is still only what, 28? Green's 34, but could play another four years or so, really, being the type of QB he is. Accuracy and smarts are his game, not a big arm or quick feet.

Only Kennison and Morton could be considered in need of replacing due to age/performance (despite both having their best seasons overall in red and gold), and there are young receivers waiting in the wings, learning the offense.

This offseason needs to be ALL about defense. But not to the point of sacrificing offense.

Chris

htismaqe
12-14-2004, 12:02 PM

:bravo:

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 12:03 PM
I agree with you Chris but add in a new WR.

Count Zarth
12-14-2004, 12:05 PM
I agree with you Chris but add in a new WR.

Boerigter.

He gives us another downfield threat to REALLY open up the underneath stuff for Morton and Gonzalez.

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Boerigter.

He gives us another downfield threat to REALLY open up the underneath stuff for Morton and Gonzalez.
Let me edit - a #1 WR. I am good with Bo but he is not a #1.

Coogs
12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
This offseason needs to be ALL about defense. But not to the point of sacrificing offense.

Chris

Agreed. But the offense has not really missed Holmes. We are still piling up yardage with Holmes on the sideline. Scoring is off ever so slightly, and maybe not at all after last night.

And don't get me wrong. I love Holmes. But I love the Chiefs more. The offense as is, is Super Bowl caliber. Still should be next year as it is.

But the defense is closing in on #32 again. If the right deal could be obtained for Holmes, I would consider it. But that is JMO.

Count Zarth
12-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Let me edit - a #1 WR. I am good with Bo but he is not a #1.

Can you name a #1 available in free agency?

HC_Chief
12-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Putting our hopes for improvement at receiver on Boerigter is about as bright as expecting our _efense to radically improve by replacing only a DC.

KC Dan
12-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Can you name a #1 available in free agency?
No, but I am sure that the Chiefs could package 7 defensive players for 7 for 1 trade. :)

Coogs
12-14-2004, 12:16 PM
No, but I am sure that the Chiefs could package 7 defensive players for 7 for 1 trade. :)

We already have a boatload of #3 receivers. ;)

Coogs
12-14-2004, 01:33 PM
A couple of offensive stats.

First, the first 8 games of the season with Holmes.... 412.5 yards per game and a 29.6 per game scoring average.

And the last 5 games without Holmes.... 421.4 yards per game and a 30.6 per game scoring average.

go bowe
12-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Boerigter.

He gives us another downfield threat to REALLY open up the underneath stuff for Morton and Gonzalez.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

bo will go again!! :) :) :)

tk13
12-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Putting our hopes for improvement at receiver on Boerigter is about as bright as expecting our _efense to radically improve by replacing only a DC.
I think it would definitely help... who's really our #3 WR right now? Horn? Hall? Neither is making a huge impact in the passing game. I still think the philosophy coming into the year with drafting Parker and Wilson was to have the ability to spread you out like the Patriots do... be able to go 4 WR's to 2 TE sets to jumbo goal line formations if Al so chooses. Instead he's been really handcuffed by injuries and had basically 2 productive WR's, Gonzo, and the running backs.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-14-2004, 02:01 PM
ESPN has a video interview with LJ after the game

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index