PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best pass rusher in the draft ?

warpaint99
12-14-2004, 01:36 AM
? anyone know ?

|Zach|
12-14-2004, 01:37 AM
I think we should hand over our drafts to the government.

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Erasmus James or Kiwi as far as the DE position goes

Count Zarth
12-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Mattias Kiawhatsisname is supposed to be good. And some Erasmus James guy.

Whether the Chiefs get a LDE from the draft or FA, I really want us to find one. Allen and LDE X could form a great pass rushing tandem for years.

HolmeZz
12-14-2004, 01:40 AM
We already have a good young pass-rushing end with tons of potential in Allen. We have bigger defensive needs.

Count Zarth
12-14-2004, 02:33 AM
We already have a good young pass-rushing end with tons of potential in Allen. We have bigger defensive needs.

We need a LDE that can apply some pressure. Hicks sucks.

royr17
12-14-2004, 02:41 AM
We need a LDE that can apply some pressure. Hicks sucks.

For once i finally agree with you.

OmahaChief
12-14-2004, 06:12 AM
I would still be leary of James as he had an injury last season and they thought he might never play again. He sure looked good this year but that leaves me room for pause. I really like Pollack out of Georgia, his numbers were a bit down this year but he has a motor like I have never seen. There are also a couple of cats that play DE for Louisville that are really impressive. Not sure they are seniors or draft elgible but if so they would be good second round type of guys.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Here is what you do, on New Years Day wake up -- have a sip of the dog that bit you the night before and turn on the Outback Bowl at 11 EST.

You get to watch Wisconsin's Erasmus James and Georgia's David Pollack. Both are arguably the top DE's in the draft along with Mathias Kiwanuka (sp?), but Kiwanuka is kind of light and might be a Suggs type OLB in a 3-4.

I've watched Georgia a few times this year and Pollack is a speed rusher with a great motor. I'd say he's a faster and more polished Jared Allen. He might have some trouble against the run as do a lot of college pass rushing DE's.

Also in the Outback Bowl you'll get to see one of the best safeties in the draft - Davis (sp?) of Georgia. Everyone laughs at the Chiefs drafting another safety, but if you do it right and get a real good safety and keep him at that position you aren't going to lead the league in passes of 20+ yards against you.

I don't get the love for Spears at LSU. Here on the east-coast we get a lot of SEC games and the team isn't the same as last years national champs. Spears could be a decent 3-4 DE but he's not a speed rusher in a 4-3.

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Hicks had a decent game last night. Is Hicks still servicable?

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Matt Roth of Iowa is darn good...........with a bigger motor than Allen, and DI success. I think he's a high-mid 2nd round gem.

Baby Lee
12-14-2004, 09:04 AM
I would still be leary of James

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Matt Roth of Iowa is darn good...........with a bigger motor than Allen, and DI success. I think he's a high-mid 2nd round gem.
He'd be a steal in the 3rd round if he drops that far. I don't know if i'd take him at the high 2nd pick, but possibly a mid 2nd rounder.

BigChiefFan
12-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Hicks had a decent game last night. Is Hicks still servicable?I'd relegate Hicks to the back-up and go after Abraham from the Jets if they don't franchise him.

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 09:29 AM
I'd relegate Hicks to the back-up and go after Abraham from the Jets if they don't franchise him.
I believe they just signed him.

BigChiefFan
12-14-2004, 09:32 AM
I believe they just signed him.
I was thinking that was Ellis that they re-signed-I've slept since then, though.

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 09:32 AM
I was thinking that was Ellis that they re-signed-I've slept since then, though.
Oh. I dunno then.

BigChiefFan
12-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Oh. I dunno then.
Yea-It was definitely Ellis that signed the contract extension ( I looked it up). So like I said Abraham if he becomes available.

bricks
12-14-2004, 10:12 AM

I've seen Matt Roth play. He is pretty good. Is his coach Kirk Ferentz? Or something. What's his name?

bricks
12-14-2004, 10:18 AM
I've watched Georgia a few times this year and Pollack is a speed rusher with a great motor. I'd say he's a faster and more polished Jared Allen. He might have some trouble against the run as do a lot of college pass rushing DE's.

He is another version of jared Allen, except a little better like you said. what matters most, is, his heart is in the game. I have a feeling we might draft this guy. he's a football player.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Agreed.

Whoever is higher on the depth chart, MLB or Corner back, we take as our first pick.

Chiefnj
12-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Agreed.

Whoever is higher on the depth chart, MLB or Corner back, we take as our first pick.

I think generating a quick pass rush is more important than drafting a CB. The best CB's in the league are going to get beaten, especially with the rule enforcement, if the opposing QB is not harassed.

bricks
12-14-2004, 10:30 AM
I think generating a quick pass rush is more important than drafting a CB. The best CB's in the league are going to get beaten, especially with the rule enforcement, if the opposing QB is not harassed.

Pass rusher should be our #1 priority. Period.

ChiefsOne
12-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Anyone to replace Bartee, Battle and McCleon. Our DB's really suck. Warfield is just OK and if we could get the old Woods and Wesley back.

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 10:58 AM
I've seen Matt Roth play. He is pretty good. Is his coach Kirk Ferentz? Or something. What's his name?

Ferentz is the coach of the Hawkeyes.

I'd recommend watching the Hawkeye bowl game...........They've got 4 SR Dlinemen, and 3 LBs of which 2 could be higher draft picks next season. Roth is an animal.....just a bit undersized.