PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2005 Schedule

Amnorix
12-14-2004, 06:18 AM
Might be too early, but since you guys are discussing stuff for 2005...

Home: Denver, Oakland, SD, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS, New York Jets, Redskins, Iggles and (Cincinnati OR Cleveland)

Away: Denver, Oakland, SD, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, New York Giants, and (Houston OR Tennessee)

The Cincy/Cleve and Houston/Tenn determinations will be made depending on the final standings of the Chiefs in the AFC West, and those teams in their divisions. If KC finishes in 3rd, then it's probable they'll have Cincy at home, if 4th, then Cleveland. Houston and Tennessee is too close to call, so who knows.

(Patriots are going to Arrowhead again -- here's hoping that it's a meaningful game for both teams :toast: )

Source: http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcw.htm

the Talking Can
12-14-2004, 06:23 AM
damn, Pats/Eagles/Jets...at home, good (tough) games...

Amnorix
12-14-2004, 06:31 AM
damn, Pats/Eagles/Jets...at home, good (tough) games...

I don't know about their cap situation, but to me, the chances the Redskins will be much better next year are pretty good. Gibbs is no dummy. He's gotten burnt this year because he was out of football for so long. Now that he's had a year to get his feet wet and see what he wants to do, I'm thinking they're going to start climbing back into contention.

But that's ONLY IF (1) Gibbs returns, and (2) they don't get killed by the cap or something.

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 06:33 AM
On paper, when taking everything we know about these teams in to account, the away schedule looks like a piece of cake.

StcChief
12-14-2004, 06:53 AM
My two/three games
Looking forward to seeing Iggles,Skins and Pats.

Sell the rest.

Count Zarth
12-14-2004, 06:56 AM
On paper, when taking everything we know about these teams in to account, the away schedule looks like a piece of cake.

Yep, our road schedule is cake. Not a powerhouse among them.

Saulbadguy
12-14-2004, 06:57 AM
Yep, our road schedule is cake. Not a powerhouse among them.
Of course..this is on paper, considering teams from THIS year. Teams improve, or get worse during the offseason.

ROYC75
12-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Of course..this is on paper, considering teams from THIS year. Teams improve, or get worse during the offseason.

No kidding, I wonder how many teams were licking there chops about playing us this year after what KC did last year :rolleyes:

Ya never know how the hell the games will play out.

KCN
12-14-2004, 07:46 AM
This might be a dumb question but how do they decide which games are away and which are at home? I know how the opponents are decided. Personally I really don't care between Cincy/Cle or Hou/Tenn...although the Texans may be a tough match next year. Hell, they beat us this year.

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Also more than likely we will be playing the Cowgirls on Thanksgiving. :thumb:

Coach
12-14-2004, 08:33 AM
I don't know about their cap situation, but to me, the chances the Redskins will be much better next year are pretty good. Gibbs is no dummy. He's gotten burnt this year because he was out of football for so long. Now that he's had a year to get his feet wet and see what he wants to do, I'm thinking they're going to start climbing back into contention.

But that's ONLY IF (1) Gibbs returns, and (2) they don't get killed by the cap or something.

Yeah, they do need a QB though. I don't think either Brunell or Ramsey are the answer to their problems IMHO.

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 08:37 AM
My two/three games
Looking forward to seeing Iggles,Skins and Pats.

Sell the rest.

I'll give you half price the day you get the tickets for the rest of the games.

Bob Dole
12-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Also more than likely we will be playing the Cowgirls on Thanksgiving. :thumb:

That would be sweet.

Hoover
12-14-2004, 08:41 AM
I'll give you half price the day you get the tickets for the rest of the games.
And I'll use one of Iowanian's 1/2 price tickets...

:D

ROAD TRIP

Iowanian
12-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Hoover.........You can have 1 each game at 3/4 face value, but drive, get the gas and beer at the game....I'll get beer for the tailgate.

what a bargain.........I hope they're good seats.

Amnorix
12-14-2004, 08:48 AM
Yeah, they do need a QB though. I don't think either Brunell or Ramsey are the answer to their problems IMHO.

I'm thinking maybe the 'skins solve the Chargers "QB Problem", or else get one in the draft.

Mainly, though, I think Gibbs is finally figuring out that the counter-deuce and counter-trey works in 2004 just like it did in 1984. I look to see a much more efficient offense based off the run and play action passing with a "serviceable" QB in place.

Gibbs won Super Bowls with some fo the least famous QBs ever seen in the NFL. He doesn't have the Hogs or Riggins now, of course, but I'm optimistic that he can figure out how to make an offense go.

Brunell is toast. Horrible deal for them. He won't be anything other than a 3rd stringer next year, IMHO.

Coach
12-14-2004, 08:52 AM
I'm thinking maybe the 'skins solve the Chargers "QB Problem", or else get one in the draft.

Mainly, though, I think Gibbs is finally figuring out that the counter-deuce and counter-trey works in 2004 just like it did in 1984. I look to see a much more efficient offense based off the run and play action passing with a "serviceable" QB in place.

Gibbs won Super Bowls with some fo the least famous QBs ever seen in the NFL. He doesn't have the Hogs or Riggins now, of course, but I'm optimistic that he can figure out how to make an offense go.

Brunell is toast. Horrible deal for them. He won't be anything other than a 3rd stringer next year, IMHO.

Yeah, his counter-deuce and counter-try does work indeed. The one thing that most people forget at times is that their other T, Jan Jenson was lost for the season (Achillies heel IIRC) in the pre-season game. If he was in, who knows how Washington would be.

As for Brunell, I agree. They are going to have to find someone, and Ramsey is not the answer. He has a good arm, but a brain of a pea. I mean, WTF was he doing when he threw that game ending INT to Dawkins? Horrible QB'ing.

Amnorix
12-14-2004, 08:53 AM
This might be a dumb question but how do they decide which games are away and which are at home? I know how the opponents are decided. Personally I really don't care between Cincy/Cle or Hou/Tenn...although the Texans may be a tough match next year. Hell, they beat us this year.

As you can see from the websie I posted (and other websites), the entire schedules are set out in advance from now through the 2009 season. It was done this way to guarantee that every team plays every other team in its conference at least once every X years, and hosts at least once every Y years.

Although this is the "fairest" schedule the NFL has ever had, it's not always fair in all respects.

We hosted Indy at Foxboro this year, AND we'll do it again next year. If we play Indy at Foxboro in the playoffs this year again, then that would be the 4th straight Pats/Indy game that's played at our house instead of theirs. 2 due to scheduling during the regular season, and 2 due to playoff seeding.

If Indy and the Pats are still both in first place come 2007 and 2008 (or something like that), then they would host us two years in a row.

But in any event, I'll take it... ROFL

Amnorix
12-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Yeah, his counter-deuce and counter-try does work indeed. The one thing that most people forget at times is that their other T, Jan Jenson was lost for the season (Achillies heel IIRC) in the pre-season game. If he was in, who knows how Washington would be.

As for Brunell, I agree. They are going to have to find someone, and Ramsey is not the answer. He has a good arm, but a brain of a pea. I mean, WTF was he doing when he threw that game ending INT to Dawkins? Horrible QB'ing.

Excellent point re: Jensen.

Yeah, Ramsey has shown little, but damn, look around the NFL. Aaron Brooks has decision-making skills on par with my 3 year old son. The Dolphins QBs have thrown almost as many TDs to opposing defenses as to their own receivers, and between Chambers and McMichael, they have some pretty solid receivers.

Quarterbacking around the NFL is amazingly split into the haves and the have nots. There's a small group of very good/great QBs (say, 10), a few guys that don't totally suck, and then a bunch of guys that are just complete nightmares for their head coaches.

ck_IN
12-14-2004, 10:11 AM
A middle of the road schedule. The Pats and Eagles should be tough. The Giants and Skins should be easy. The fins should be a walkover.