PDA

View Full Version : Should Bartee be cut?

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Should Bartee be cut right now?

LiL stumppy
12-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Nope.Hes big and fast.And would be alot better if he would just turn his head.

FloridaChief
12-14-2004, 07:10 PM
What are the salary cap implications?

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 07:20 PM
We have 6 million in cap room, I don't know, but If I see the back of his helmet as it chases another receiver down the field I am checking in at the mental ward.

Doh, I already am in the Chiefs mental ward. :p

Bwana
12-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Yep, boot him already!

ROYC75
12-14-2004, 07:29 PM
IMHO, I think he could make a good safety, but that just me.

tk13
12-14-2004, 07:33 PM
I don't think much, he's probably gone after this year. IIRC we only gave him a $1 million-ish signing bonus, and like Woods and Wesley's contracts they shoot up in base salary in the 3rd year. Actually I believe that Bartee's contract had something saying that we could cut him outright after two years if he didn't play in a specific number of snaps, but don't quote me on that...

royr17
12-14-2004, 07:35 PM
I agree he could be a good Free Safety from anything i've seen of him he does a pretty good job at wraping up the ball carrier and can tackles and thats something Safeties have to be able to do.

royr17
12-14-2004, 07:37 PM
I don't think much, he's probably gone after this year. IIRC we only gave him a $1 million-ish signing bonus, and like Woods and Wesley's contracts they shoot up in base salary in the 3rd year. Actually I believe that Bartee's contract had something saying that we could cut him outright after two years if he didn't play in a specific number of snaps, but don't quote me on that...

Yea it said something like that, i remember.

whoman69
12-14-2004, 08:00 PM
I don't think he has the insticts or cover ability to even play safety. That said, there is no point in cutting him now. There is noone else, the cupboard is bare.

ROYC75
12-14-2004, 08:03 PM
I don't think he has the insticts or cover ability to even play safety. That said, there is no point in cutting him now. There is noone else, the cupboard is bare.

IMHO, I disagree. He has problem with not turning his head... most times he will have the ball and player in front of him. but there will be times he needs to cover downfield deep and may have to turn that head of his.

He was a safety in college.

WilliamTheIrish
12-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Yes. He should have been cut two seasons ago.

Be gone with the useless f*ck already.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I thought he should have been cut immediately after the Cincinatti game last year.

Anytime Kitna and Chad Johnson both point at you every time you come into a game and then throw right at you and after the sixth time, <b>YOU STILL DON'T NOTICE WHAT'S GOING ON</b>, you are too damn stupid to be on the team.

Psyko Tek
12-14-2004, 09:12 PM
you forgot the HELL YES option on your poll

CosmicPal
12-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Let's put it this way, if he was playing in Iraq- he'd have his head in a basket by now.

Skip Towne
12-14-2004, 09:17 PM
IMHO, I disagree. He has problem with not turning his head... most times he will have the ball and player in front of him. but there will be times he needs to cover downfield deep and may have to turn that head of his.

He was a safety in college.
He was both CB and safety at OU. Since safeties have to cover receivers too, he is of no use to us. Show me another 5 yr vet with NO int's. Hit the road, Jack.

ROYC75
12-14-2004, 09:23 PM
He was both CB and safety at OU. Since safeties have to cover receivers too, he is of no use to us. Show me another 5 yr vet with NO int's. Hit the road, Jack.

I can not argue this. really, I agree 5 years is enough. If he is in camp it should be to see if he can be a safety,if not, be gone.

Skip Towne
12-14-2004, 09:31 PM
I can not argue this. really, I agree 5 years is enough. If he is in camp it should be to see if he can be a safety,if not, be gone.
My god, man, how much proof do you need? Let someone else beat their head against the wall.

ROYC75
12-14-2004, 09:41 PM
My god, man, how much proof do you need? Let someone else beat their head against the wall.

None, wouldn't bother me a bit to see him gone.

Guess I didn't make it to clear, he has failed as a CB. He was a safety in college, if he is in camp, I would let him try to earn a spot as as safety, that's it.

IMHO, he is history at years end, BTA, we are talking about CP and DV here.

Idahojim
12-14-2004, 09:46 PM
From what I've seen, he's not cut out to be a starting corner. But he's done OK as a third corner in the nickle package. That's his value, and that's where he should be.

If we have Warfield and solid corner to play opposite him - and a decent pass rush up front - things could look better in a hurry. And Bartee would play a role he is more suited to play.

rocks
12-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Cut Him? After getting first degree burns all over him isn't it a bit harsh? HELL NO, CUT'EM!!!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-14-2004, 09:52 PM
From what I've seen, he's not cut out to be a starting corner. But he's done OK as a third corner in the nickle package. That's his value, and that's where he should be.

If we have Warfield and solid corner to play opposite him - and a decent pass rush up front - things could look better in a hurry. And Bartee would play a role he is more suited to play.

Jim,

I'm sorry, guy, but I have to heartily disagree with you. The Cincinatti game I'm talking about was when Bartee was coming in as a nickle.

I'm not a professional coach, but I've never in my life seen someone who is so completely without football instincts as Bartee. Maybe something happened between college and the pros, but he just absolutely looks lost out there.

And what's worse in my eyes, he quits on plays. "Oops, I screwed up. No point in running now."

When things happen in front of him, he usually can make the tackle, albeit 5-9 yards past the line of scrimmage. But, even last night, he missed or bounced off runners several times. I can't remember the runner, but I remember the play. IF Bartee makes the hit and sticks it, it's a one or two yard gain, Tennessee punts. Bartee comes up, over runs the play, has to try and reach back and arm tackle the guy and next thing you know, it's an eight yard gain and TN first down.

It happens too damn often for me to believe he's ever going to be good in this league. Let him go as a FA. I doubt anyone in this league would pick him up for anything, esp. after that audition tape last night.

Mr. Kotter
12-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Immediately; see if Might Mouse McMillian is available.

Mr. Christopher
12-14-2004, 09:57 PM
No need to embarass him now??! Hell, he's an embarassment to himself!!!

Next year, bump Warfield to second string, McCleon to nickel and either draft or pick up a stud FA as the #1 corner.

Logical
12-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Yes immediately

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2004, 09:59 PM
I would cut him to make a statement. When you get tourched for 293 yards and 8 catches and 3 touchdowns before halftime. That is just plain sucky.

LTownChief
12-14-2004, 10:51 PM
may as well wait till the end of the season, Battle isnt any better. and apparently we still have a chance for the playoffs....lol

beer bacon
12-14-2004, 10:56 PM
Move him to backup Safety and put him back on special teams.

J Diddy
12-15-2004, 02:12 AM

Is rice white?

grandllama
12-15-2004, 03:16 AM
Immediately; see if Might Mouse McMillian is available.

leave it to William to make us all miss Mark...

screw it, we aint' got no one better right now... maybe the last three games he'll play like a god and give us trade bait.

NY CHIEF
12-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Should of been cut during halftime monday night ROFL

KcMizzou
12-15-2004, 09:09 AM
I honestly feel bad for the guy. This kind of heat has to really suck. But he really doesn't have any business being on an NFL roster.

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Never should have been converted to corner to begin with. If they had kept him at FS, he may have panned out. With our experimentation (thanks to Gunther!), he's ruined. Confidence is completely shot. Cut him at season's end.

vckcchiefs04
12-15-2004, 09:48 AM
:bang: :Bartee: ...... oh yeah........ cut him!

B A R T E E = :loser:

Mr. Kotter
12-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Never should have been converted to corner to begin with. If they had kept him at FS, he may have panned out. With our experimentation (thanks to Gunther!), he's ruined. Confidence is completely shot. Cut him at season's end. :shrug:

Is there ANY chance we can salvage him by shifting him BACK to safety?

Deberg_1990
12-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I honestly feel bad for the guy. This kind of heat has to really suck. But he really doesn't have any business being on an NFL roster.

Yea I do too somewhat. Hes probably felt more frustration and ouright rage from Chiefs fans over the past 3 or 4 years more than anyone. He needs to be gone and to find a new career....sorry William.

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 10:15 AM
:shrug:

Is there ANY chance we can salvage him by shifting him BACK to safety?

Nope. He's done. Total reversion. Early in the season, he was looking for the pass. By the third burn on Monday, he was back to playing with his back to the qb. Benched. He's done. Experiment ended, time to move on.

Mr. Kotter
12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Nope. He's done. Total reversion. Early in the season, he was looking for the pass. By the third burn on Monday, he was back to playing with his back to the qb. Benched. He's done. Experiment ended, time to move on.

I suspect you are right; it's a shame though...

MOhillbilly
12-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Bartee is a phenominal playerrrrrrrrrr........he make the pro bowl in the cfl covering andre.

BigChiefFan
12-15-2004, 10:56 AM
It's time to cut the fat. Bartee is officially a bust.

Bob Dole
12-15-2004, 11:15 AM

Bob Dole thinks it would be better if he was shot rather than cut.