PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football: Playoffs anyone?

Mile High Mania
12-14-2004, 10:04 PM
So, how many of you are playoff bound?

I'm in the playoffs in both of my leagues and I think both teams have great chances. One of my leagues actually had round 1 this past weekend and I won by 1 freaking point, thanks to Mason getting that 2nd half TD.

So, now my team has a tough game for the title.

My team
Manning
Droughns / C Martin
Muhammad / Horn / Mason
Vinitieri
Seahawks

vs
Culpepper
McAllister / Westbrook
D Bennett / B Stokely / Moulds
Elam
Dolphins

I whipped this team the first time around, but now they're healthy and Bennett and Moulds have done better than during the first 6 games. I think it will be a dog fight, but am hoping I can pull out the win.

My other team faces a bitter rival in R1, I defeated him as well in the regular season and we're both 9-5 overall. It will be tough this week as I am starting McAllister here and playing against him in my other league's title game. Also, I'm starting Martin in my title game and playing against him in this league. Same for Vinitieri, but that doesn't concern me as much.

My team
Brady (or Delhomme, I'm torn this week)
McAllister / Pittman
Horn / Walker / Wayne
Longwell
Seahawks

vs
Favre
Alexander / Martin
Driver / Jackson / Chambers
Vinitieri
Patriots

So, this will be high stress this weekend ... add to it the DEN/KC game... and my head might explode.

How are you guys doing?

DenverChief
12-14-2004, 10:22 PM
yea I'm in the playoffs...you ,ight notice my thread further down the page...it has 8 freakin replies...half of them my own :mad:

Mile High Mania
12-14-2004, 10:24 PM
I tried reading through it ... but it gave me tired head... tough to see the scenarios side by side at this late hour... I'll look at it again soon.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2004, 10:34 PM
I'm in the playoffs in all 4 leagues, had the bye in every one.

First league(start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE): reg season record: 9-4
QB- Manning, Volek, Roethlisberger
RB- Shaun Alexander, Julius Jones, Thomas Jones, Onterrio Smith
WRs- Holt, Driver, Boldin, Evans, Santana Moss
TE- Wiggins, McMichael
K- Carney
Def- Pitt

Team 2 (start standard: 1 qb, 2 RBs, 3 WRs (te included)
QB-Brees, Leftwich, Hasselbeck
RBs- Holmes, Blaylock, Goings, Martin, Steven Jackson
WRs- Terrell Owens, Driver, Moulds, Keyshawn, Gonzalez, Givens, Muhammad
Def- Colts, Seahawks

Team 3 (start 1 QB, 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE) 9-4 record.
QBs- Bulger, Collins, Palmer
RBs- Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson, Tatum Bell, Emmitt Smith
WRs- Chad Johnson, Moulds, Evans, Colbert, Porter
TE- Wiggins, Boo

Team 4 (don't start a defense, start 1 QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 K): Record 8-4-1
QBs- Peyton Manning, Griese
RBs- Portis, McGahee, LJ, Sammy Morris
WRs- Horn, D. Jackson, Drew Bennett, Boldin, Chambers
TE- Cooley, Wiggins
K- Vinatieri.

All of the teams have kickers, I was just too lazy to list them.

Mojo Rising
12-14-2004, 10:40 PM
I made the playoffs which start next week. I was in the playoffs already as a Wild Card but then TG's less than 6 point performance won the division for me which earned me my $100 entry fee back.

I have decided to start Leftwich over Vick this weekend. Carolina D, Ducket and FB out and his poor performance of late is sending him tot he bench.

Rest of team:

Lad Tomlinson
Dom Davis
M Harrison
T Holt
A gates
Kaeding
TB D/ST

Best of luck too all!

tk13
12-14-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm a simpleton and play two Yahoo leagues, and my playoffs start this week. In one league I'm the #1 seed (11-3 record) and I've outscored the rest of the league by a good margin, thanks in most part to Peyton Manning, although I do have Corey Dillon and the Pats D who is playing Miami this week. I play the 4 seed, who's a 7-7 team that has some weapons (Favre/T. Owens/Tomlinson).

The other league I started 1-4 in and won 8 of my last 9 to make it to the playoffs as a 3 seed (9-5). I'm playing a 10-4 team that's the 2 seed and was the #1 team most of the year despite finishing 5th in points scored. The team that did end up winning the #1 seed has Manning, Wayne, Stokely, T. Gonzalez, and Pittsburgh's D... gonna be tough to beat despite having Goings and Dominick Davis at RB.

Mile High Mania
12-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Bad Guy,

I like seeing how people in multiple leagues built their teams... nice group, but #3 could hit a bump as the injury bug was not kind to that crew.

KevB
12-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Playoffs in all three leagues....first round was this last weekend, won two and lost one by three points.

The loss hurt. My team was on fire, having set the league scoring record the previous week (181 points). I played the same guy in the first round that I beat with those 181 points (he had 47 two weeks ago, 102 this week). I needed 17 points from McNabb Sunday night, he got me 14. I also started Branch over Bennett.

The team that lost:

QB: McNabb, Brady
RB: Edge, J. Jones, K. Jones, Blaylock, Henry, Wheatley (also had Mewelde Moore for a period of time)
WR: Holt, S. Moss, Muhammed, Branch, Bennett, Boldin
K: Graham
D: NE

With the Jones boys coming on, and Holt getting hot and Boldin rounding into form, I was very confident in that team. The loss hurt.

My other two teams that are still in it:

Team 1
QB: Favre
RB:Alexander, Dillon, K. Jones, T. Jones, Steven Jackson
WR: Ward, Bennett, Gonzo, McCardell, Curry (out)
K: Josh Brown
D: Baltimore
Coach (6 pts. for a team win): New England

Team 2
QB: Brooks, Carr
RB: Martin, Chris Brown, T. Jones, Marshall Faulk
WR (start 4): R. Moss, C. Johnson, Driver, Patten, Colbert, Crumpler
K: Longwell
D: New England

I'm not as excited about these two teams as the one that lost, but Team 2 won the league for me last year (6 keepers)

CosmicPal
12-15-2004, 06:18 AM
I have two of my three teams in the Playoffs. The third team missed the playoffs by a couple of pts this past Sunday.

One team should win it all for me since it went 14-1, and the other team went 10-4 and has a good chance, but I doubt I win it with that team...

Hoover
12-15-2004, 07:00 AM
I play in 3 leagues, I'm in the playoffs in two of them (I just suck ass in my planet league).

Here is team one

QB: Peyton Manning
RB1: Corey Dillon
RB2: Rudi Johnson (Back ups Bettis, O. Smith, N. Goings, Steven Jackson)
WR1: Marvin Harrison
WR2: Chad Johnson (Backup Darrell Jackson)
TE: Shockey
K: Josh Brown
D: Chargers vs Browns (Jacksonville is my back up)

The Guy I'm playing worries me

His team

QB: Trent Green
RB1: Larry Johnson
RB2: R Droughns
WR1: T Ownes
WR2: Randy Moss
TE: Tony G
K: Adan Vienteri
D: Indy (vs Ravens this week)

My question is who would you start for my #2 Running back? And is the Chargers a good play on Denfense?

Hoover
12-15-2004, 07:10 AM
My other team is this

Starters

Brady
Dillon
C Martin
Harrison
Moss
Bennett
Kennison
Josh Brown
Pats
J Peppers

crispystl420
12-15-2004, 08:03 AM
yeah should I start larry johnson or tiki barber bennet or housmandzadeh?

kc1977
12-15-2004, 08:42 AM
I made the playoffs. I started the year 6-2 with Jeff Garcia, Ahman Green, Travis Henry, Eric Moulds, Keyshawn Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Daniel Graham, Jay Feeley, and the Dolphins.

By mid-year, I had significantly improved my team to Drew Brees, Ahman Green, Willis McGahee, Reuben Droughns, Eric Moulds, Keenan McCardell, Tony Gonzalez, pick a Defense, and John kasey.

Or so I thought I had improved my team.

I lost 5 of 6 down the stretch to finish 7-7. Luckily, I made the playoffs based on tie-breakers.

Now, if you all could help me out, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the following dilemmas:

1. Drew Brees or Billy Volek?
2. Pick 3 of Ahman Green, McGahee, Droughns, Larry Johnson, Tatem Bell.

Thank you for any input.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2004, 08:45 AM
yeah should I start larry johnson or tiki barber bennet or housmandzadeh?

Tiki is still doing pretty decent and LJ could do well also. Go with your gut, not your heart though.

I'd stick with the hot receiver ... which you have two of here, but I'd go with Bennett. I think CJ, not TJ, will rock and roll if Kitna is in deed the starter.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2004, 08:47 AM
QB QUESTION

Would you guys be more inclined to start Tom Brady @ Miami ... or Delhomme @ Atlanta?

Right now, I'm keeping Brady in the lineup... but am really interested in starting Delhomme.

donkhater
12-15-2004, 08:59 AM
QB QUESTION

Would you guys be more inclined to start Tom Brady @ Miami ... or Delhomme @ Atlanta?

Right now, I'm keeping Brady in the lineup... but am really interested in starting Delhomme.

Tough one. Delhomme has a better chance at getting you a big game I think, but Brady will be less likely to have a really bad one. I think I'd stick with Brady. Unless you are going up against a really good team, then I'd swing fo rthe fences and start Delhomme

How about my dillema?

Green vs. Denver
Collins vs. Tenn
Volek @ Oakland

green sometimes struggles against Denver but, fantasy-wise, he is on a roll. Volek is going against one of the worst D's in the league and is rolling now, so I'm inclined to start him.

Also, I can start 3 of these guys:
Edgerrin James
Tiki Barber
Larry Johnson
Reuben Droughns
Stephen Jackson

Whatta ya think?

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2004, 09:01 AM
I made the playoffs, injuries have hurt this season.

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Tiki Barber
RB - Marshall Faulk
WR - Issac Bruce
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Eddie Kennison
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Jeff Reed
DEF - Denver

I have Priest and Plaxico Burress but both are hurt.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Green vs. Denver
Collins vs. Tenn
Volek @ Oakland
I would seriously consider starting Volek, especially if Mason plays.

Also, I can start 3 of these guys:
Edgerrin James
Tiki Barber
Larry Johnson
Reuben Droughns
Stephen Jackson
Of those 3... I'd start Edge / Droughns and LJ. Jackson is still gimpy. Barber has a bad day in his future, b/c I do not like the matchup at all with PITT.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2004, 09:14 AM
I made the playoffs, injuries have hurt this season.

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Tiki Barber
RB - Marshall Faulk
WR - Issac Bruce
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Eddie Kennison
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Jeff Reed
DEF - Denver

I have Priest and Plaxico Burress but both are hurt.

Do you have other RB options? Barber is all the Giants have and they face the Steelers - should be ugly. Faulk is likely to be limited.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2004, 09:17 AM
[B]Here's another questions - WR[B]

I have Muhsin / Horn / Mason as my strong receiving trio. Right now, it appears that Mason may not play against a soft OAK team. That really sucks, so if Mason is out... which of the following two would you start?

Pinkston vs Dallas (in Philly)
Burleson vs Lions

Leaning towards Pinkston. He is not flashy, but has been improving and appears to be better than that mixed bag of crap behind Moss.

Also, I am playing against Culpepper this week... so while equalizing potential TDs is attractice, it doesn't appear to be realistic.

Nzoner
12-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Our league has a different format as our play-offs go with the NFL play-offs with our SB taking place AFC-NFC Championship weekend.

Still no spot for Nzoner as I started out 4-1 but the injury bug,bad managing and our commish overturning a win on me has me reeling and sitting at 5-9.

Iowanian
12-15-2004, 09:51 AM
My Pay league team was Horrid this year........Hassleback, Tomlinson, A. Johnson, Algae Crumpler and co, finished the season with.....1 win. UNO for our Spanish Friends.

I'm in the playoffs in a yahoo league in 2nd place, but Holmes was my RB, Blaylock at Backup........now down to Kevin Jones, Barlow, Antwoine Smith, Steven Jackson and Zerowae(pickup up this am).

I'm pretty much screwed.

I was top 1500-2000 in Sporting news salary cap pay league for quite a while.........and took a huge dump the past 3 weeks...

KevB
12-15-2004, 11:04 AM
[B]Here's another questions - WR[B]

I have Muhsin / Horn / Mason as my strong receiving trio. Right now, it appears that Mason may not play against a soft OAK team. That really sucks, so if Mason is out... which of the following two would you start?

Pinkston vs Dallas (in Philly)
Burleson vs Lions

Leaning towards Pinkston. He is not flashy, but has been improving and appears to be better than that mixed bag of crap behind Moss.

Also, I am playing against Culpepper this week... so while equalizing potential TDs is attractice, it doesn't appear to be realistic.

Is there anything better on the waiver wire :)

I'd probably go with Pinkston, as McNabb has looked for him deep in one on one situations since defenses are keying on TO. However, if Pinkston pulls an alligator arm move like he did against the Redskins on Sunday, you'll want to reach through the TV and strangle the punk.

DenverChief
12-15-2004, 11:11 AM
QB QUESTION

Brady hands down....steady as a rock and like someone mentioned earlier far less likely to have a bad game....the Atl defense could put the hurt on Delhomme