PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Vs Titans: Silver linings...

Gaz
12-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Chiefs win, baby!
Two in a row! WOO HOO!!! Even better, it irritates the "I want to lose for draft position" gang. Bite me, losers.

An exciting rollercoaster win
Whouldathunk that a couple of decimated 4-8 teams could provide such an exciting game? The Chiefs took me from hopeful to depressed to disgusted to hopeful to elated to terrified to elated to exhausted.

The Offense came through in the 4th quarter
I have been criticizing them all season for their failure to execute in the clutch, but they came through with flying colors against the Titans. You guys keep serving it, and I'll keep eating it. Thank you.

Larry Johnson
Power and speed. A bit more patience and a lot of blocking practice and he will be a great addition to Holmes. Saunders will have to work some more plays to take advantage of his strengths and the blocking schemes will need some tweaking, but I am quite content with a Holmes/Johnson/Richardson backfield.

Jordan Black
Did a very good job when thrown to the wolves.

Jared Allen
A bright silver lining in a dark, dark cloud. You just gotta love his fire.

Lional Dalton
The best FA acquisition of the past couple years.

The Defense made a stop when they had to
Sure, the pass Defense is still embarrassing [actually, what is worse than embarrassing?], but the Chiefs D forced turnovers in the first half to keep the game close when our Offense was misfiring and they stopped the Titans to give our O a chance to win the game. I realize that some folks will be unable to give the Chiefs D any credit at all, but they deserve recognition for the contribution they made at critical moments in the game. Particularly for forcing a FG after a brutal fumble deep in Chiefs territory. They managed to leave enough time on the clock for our O to shine.

Kawika Mitchell fumble recovery for a TD
Sure, the TD was essentially meaningless, but the guy is having a really rough time out there and I wanted to throw him a bone. I am just an old softie.

Trent Green
Made some very questionable throws, IMO [throwing into coverage], but kept his cool on the final drive and led the team down for the score. He did a great job evading the rush on Mortonís TD.

Johnny Morton
Hey, I LIKE the Worm.

xoxo~
Gaz
Tuckered out when that one ended.

WilliamTheIrish
12-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Trent Green
Made some very questionable throws, IMO [throwing into coverage], but kept his cool on the final drive and led the team down for the score. He did a great job evading the rush on Morton’s TD.

I thought that was as slick a move as you'll see from a guy who is basically a sitting duck in the pocket.
Green watched that defender come right at him out of the corner of his eye, made a little sidestep, gave the safety the impression the ball was going short to Tony G, and heaved that TD to Morton.

Damn fine play.

philfree
12-15-2004, 10:14 AM
I like the fact that we won but still made sure that our weaknesses were totally, undeniably exposed. I also like the fact that Bartee got benched.

PhilFree :arrow:

Frosty
12-15-2004, 10:16 AM
I would add Kennison as a bright spot. He did have a drop early in the game, but made some really nice moves to get open. Played a little DB on one of Trent's bad throws ( :hmmm: Troy Brown).

Horn did a nice job blocking downfiels and made a critical 17 yard catch.

the Talking Can
12-15-2004, 10:54 AM
the defense was an embarrassment....the fact that this offense has had to carry this D for 4 years is what keeps me from taking shots at the offense....when you give up 500 yards and 35 points to a team as injured as the Titans you have not "made plays"....you've crapped in your panties

badgirl
12-15-2004, 11:02 AM
just one thing for me to say :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

DenverChief
12-15-2004, 11:04 AM
crapped in your panties

ROFL is that what its called?

mikey23545
12-15-2004, 11:04 AM
the defense was an embarrassment....the fact that this offense has had to carry this D for 4 years is what keeps me from taking shots at the offense....when you give up 500 yards and 35 points to a team as injured as the Titans you have not "made plays"....you've crapped in your panties

Geez, you liberals are such pitiful sad sacks...

Try to crank out a little pathetic smile today, OK sunshine?...

WilliamTheIrish
12-15-2004, 11:42 AM

I'm trying to remember who all from the Tite Ones left the game with injuries.

Chris Brown- who looked like Jim Brown against our D.

2 or 3 Tite Ones OLinemen. They were down to there last guy on the roster by mid 3rd quarter.

WR's. Bennett left with cramps.(unbelievable)

Dyson went out with an injury. (but returned)

Volek looked like Otto Graham incarnate against the CDD (Career Day Defense)

ChiefsFanatik88
12-15-2004, 11:54 AM
ROFL is that what its called?

Hey, what is the third flag in your Signature?

Gaz
12-15-2004, 11:55 AM
I predicted that the haters would not be able to do it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Used to being right.

the Talking Can
12-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Geez, you liberals are such pitiful sad sacks...

Try to crank out a little pathetic smile today, OK sunshine?...

you're right....I hate this D because I'm a liberal...thanks, Mrs. Coulter, no wonder you're so rich and famous

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 11:58 AM
I predicted that the haters would not be able to do it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Used to being right.

ROFL ROFL

Great thread.

the Talking Can
12-15-2004, 12:00 PM
yes, "hating" on the D....those poor fellas, they try so hard...if only this were the SOFL...Special Olympics Football League

calling the D what it is has nothing to do with enjoying the victory (which I did plenty)

Gaz
12-15-2004, 12:05 PM
I would like to thank The Talking Can for providing such a wonderful example of exactly what I was talking about.

xoxo~
Gaz
Knew he could count on the Planet.

Ultra Peanut
12-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Jordan Black
Did a very good job when thrown to the wolves.But maaaaan, he looked like he had been hanging out back with Bam Morris and Ricky Williams before filming that "Jordan Black, Whatever High School" clip.

Gaz
12-15-2004, 12:10 PM
But maaaaan, he looked like he had been hanging out back with Bam Morris and Ricky Williams before filming that "Jordan Black, Whatever High School" clip.

I wish to state for the record that I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

xoxo~
Gaz
Posting from work.

Frosty
12-15-2004, 12:28 PM
But maaaaan, he looked like he had been hanging out back with Bam Morris and Ricky Williams before filming that "Jordan Black, Whatever High School" clip.

Nothing like dissin' your college during your first ever time on MNF.
ROFL