PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who watched the MNF game.

jjjayb
12-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Anybody remember the old black and white clip they showed of the fan running onto the field and blocking a pass in the end zone in some old football game? (Think it was somebody playing the patriots) Madden said the quarterback would always tell the story but nobody would believe him. Turned out they found the footage of the game in Lamar Hunt's attic. Can anybody tell me what game that was and more importantly who the quarterback was? Thanks.

ENDelt260
12-15-2004, 11:58 AM
What're the odds that Skip Towne was the fan?

HC_Chief
12-15-2004, 11:58 AM
It was the Dallas Texans versus Boston.... old AFL matchup.

Can't remember the QB's name.

|Zach|
12-15-2004, 11:59 AM
I think the Chiefs Planet search function is also hidden in Lamar Hunt's attic.

ENDelt260
12-15-2004, 12:01 PM
It speaks volumes about this season that this thread title contains the phrase, "those who watched the MNF game".

That said... I'm not entirely sure what it says about the fan who is so dedicated to his team he can't tear himself away from an Internet BB dedicated to them... yet, he doesn't even bother to watch the games anymore.

redskin
12-15-2004, 12:01 PM
The QB was Cotton Davidson. Click here (http://www.chiefswarpath.com/cgi-bin/commentary/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=1100811850) and scroll to the bottom for a brief recap of that game.

HarryParatestes
12-15-2004, 12:03 PM
HEY CARL!~

CUT BURNTEE and SIGH THAT GUY NOW!!

Chiefnj
12-15-2004, 12:04 PM
I think Cotton held the Chiefs record for INTs until Green broke his first year in KC.

jjjayb
12-15-2004, 12:05 PM
The QB was Cotton Davidson. Click here (http://www.chiefswarpath.com/cgi-bin/commentary/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=1100811850) and scroll to the bottom for a brief recap of that game.

Wow. Thanks for the quick answer. Rep to you!

ptlyon
12-15-2004, 12:08 PM
It speaks volumes about this season that this thread title contains the phrase, "those who watched the MNF game".

That said... I'm not entirely sure what it says about the fan who is so dedicated to his team he can't tear himself away from an Internet BB dedicated to them... yet, he doesn't even bother to watch the games anymore.

I've gotten so apathetic this year that I don't stand to watch the games anymore, don't curse the TV, and I actually fell asleep last Monday night during the game. That hasn't happened since I was, like, 5.

ENDelt260
12-15-2004, 12:10 PM
I've gotten so apathetic this year that I don't stand to watch the games anymore, don't curse the TV, and I actually fell asleep last Monday night during the game. That hasn't happened since I was, like, 5.
I don't get as upset/excited watching the games anymore. Though, I do still watch them.

It would seem to me that if I were losing interest in the team, that spending my free time on the 'net reading about them would end before watching the games.

Of course, this particular board holds a lot more than Chiefs info...

ptlyon
12-15-2004, 12:12 PM
It would seem to me that if I were losing interest in the team, that spending my free time on the 'net reading about them would end before watching the games.

Nah, people need to b!+ch