PDA

View Full Version : If the Chiefs win out...

cmh6476
12-15-2004, 04:13 PM
and Baltimore lost their remaining 3 games to Indy, Pitt, & miami

and Denver lost their other 2 games to Tennessee and Indy

and Buffalo lost 2 of their remaining 3 games to Cincinnati, San Fran & Pit

and Jacksonville lost 2 of their remaining 3 games to GB, Hou, and Oakland

and Cincinnati lost 1 of their remaining games to Buf, NYG, or Phi

and Houston lost one more game out of Chi, Jac, and Cle...

we'd be in the playoffs :thumb:

Saulbadguy
12-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Shut up, asswipe.

cmh6476
12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Shut up, asswipe.
what? :shrug:

there's still hope PBJ

Mr. Laz
12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
delete this thread...

if the chiefs players see it they will start choking again :cuss:

Mile High Mania
12-15-2004, 04:19 PM
frogs and wings, man

alpha_omega
12-15-2004, 04:21 PM
WOW...do you really believe that our defense deserves to be in the playoffs? Regardless of what happens.

cmh6476
12-15-2004, 04:24 PM
WOW...do you really believe that our defense deserves to be in the playoffs? Regardless of what happens.
no, but it still COULD happen.

Funny that we're not mathematically eliminated yet! :D

penguinz
12-15-2004, 04:40 PM
More like pathetic that we're not mathematically eliminated.

DaKCMan AP
12-15-2004, 04:41 PM
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...no I don't

ENDelt260
12-15-2004, 04:42 PM
The Royals aren't mathematically elimnated yet either!

Woot!

ROYC75
12-15-2004, 04:47 PM
What's sad is the game we have given away.

But really, what good would it do us to be in the playoffs with this defense ? Pride ?

Sure-Oz
12-15-2004, 04:53 PM
i bet we will go 8-8 now though, esp after winning 2 in a row and probably going to win #3 now, they are peaking at the wrong time!!! 3-8 is notwhen you do that!

cmh6476
12-15-2004, 04:54 PM
What's sad is the game we have given away.

But really, what good would it do us to be in the playoffs with this defense ? Pride ?
that's what i was thinking too when I started analyzing this. It's not the fact how sucky we are, but the fact that one or two games would make such a huge difference.

But honestly, even as much as we suck, wouldn't it make January that much better watching the Chiefs? Any Chiefs. Just Chiefs in january would be nice. :(

cmh6476
12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
what's kinda scary is this could actually happen.

Baltimore could definitely get beat by Indy, Pittsburgh and Miami.

Denver could lose to us, Tennessee and Indy.

Bufffalo could easily lose to cincinnati and pittsburgh

2 of those three teams listed could easily beat jacksonville

cincinnati will probably get beat by philly

and Houston will probably lose one more game.

Will it happen? Not likely. Could it happen? I guess anything is possible.

:(

ENDelt260
12-15-2004, 05:01 PM
But honestly, even as much as we suck, wouldn't it make January that much better watching the Chiefs? Any Chiefs. Just Chiefs in january would be nice. :(

I don't know about you, but I WILL be watching the Chiefs in January. In person, even.

ROYC75
12-15-2004, 05:04 PM
I don't know about you, but I WILL be watching the Chiefs in January. In person, even.

Yep..... for 1 freaking day.

Calcountry
12-15-2004, 05:14 PM

Too bad we couldn't have the Texas and Tampa games back, then we would really be in business.

StcChief
12-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Too bad we couldn't have the Texas and Tampa games back, then we would really be in business.

And N.O.
and Jacksonville (needing only a first down)

Chief Henry
12-15-2004, 05:32 PM
"Have i got a deal for you"

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 08:57 AM

Baltimore did their part :thumb:

Denver did their part :thumb:

now Buffalo has to los to San Fran and Pittsburgh :(

Jacksonville has to lose to Houston and Oakland :(

Cincinnati did their part :thumb:

and houston has to lose to cleveland :(

Tuckdaddy
12-20-2004, 09:24 AM

Jax win eliminate us? I thought it did.

Cochise
12-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Jax win eliminate us? I thought it did.

Did you read the post you quoted??

"..and Jacksonville lost 2 of their remaining 3 games to GB, Hou, and Oakland

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm starting to worry that we may not make the playoffs.

jollymon
12-20-2004, 09:40 AM
That would be a safe assumption....

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm starting to worry that we may not make the playoffs.
me too :(

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 11:46 AM
I may need to rethink this.

I just got a text message from a friend that read...

Chiefs win 2, Balt lose 2, Den lose 2, jets lose 2, chiefs take final wildcard spot. Let me see what he's got different...

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 11:52 AM

Chiefs win 2, Balt lose 2, Den lose 2, jets lose 2, chiefs take final wildcard spot. Let me see what he's got different...
nope, mine was right, he was wrong!

Here's what we need, week by week:

Week 16:
Pittsburgh to beat Baltimore at home
Houston to beat Jacksonville, in Jacksonville
Tennessee to beat Denver, in Tennessee

Week 17:
Miami to beat Baltimore in Baltimore
Jacksonville to lose at Oakland
Houston to get by Cleveland in Houston
Denver to lose at home against Indianapolis

:(

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 11:54 AM
I think there has to be a Buffalo loss or two in there as well, cmh.

Coogs
12-20-2004, 11:55 AM
So you are saying if we all wind up tied at 8-6, Jax...Baltimore...Denver...Buffalo...and KC that we make the playoffs based on better conference record?

Cool! :thumb:

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 11:56 AM
So you are saying if we all wind up tied at 8-6, Jax...Baltimore...Denver...Buffalo...and KC that we make the playoffs based on better conference record?

Cool! :thumb:
that, and cause we did actually beat baltimore.

Coogs
12-20-2004, 11:58 AM
that, and cause we did actually beat baltimore.
But Jax beat us, and Buffalo, and Denver.

However, if all of us, and a couple of other teams all wind up tied, we could/would have the best AFC record. That puts us in in that event, correct?

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 11:59 AM
I think there has to be a Buffalo loss or two in there as well, cmh.
even if buffalo wins out, they'd be 8-8, and we'd have the better conference record.

I just got off the phone with the friend that text'd me. He said we don't have to worry about Houston cause even though they beat us, with more than two teams tied it goes by conference record, not head to head.

If that's the case, all we need is denver, baltimore and the jets to lose out and we win out! :thumb:

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 12:01 PM
But Jax beat us, and Buffalo, and Denver.

However, if all of us, and a couple of other teams all wind up tied, we could/would have the best AFC record. That puts us in in that event, correct?
I think that's they key. Our divisional and conference record would really help our chances.

of course, this all is just a silly pipe dream :)

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 12:02 PM
even if buffalo wins out, they'd be 8-8, and we'd have the better conference record.

I just got off the phone with the friend that text'd me. He said we don't have to worry about Houston cause even though they beat us, with more than two teams tied it goes by conference record, not head to head.

If that's the case, all we need is denver, baltimore and the jets to lose out and we win out! :thumb:

Uh, negatory there. Buffalo is 8-6 right now. They have to lose both games or we're screwed.

C-Mac
12-20-2004, 12:06 PM

Jacksonville and Buffalo sits at 8-6. Even if Jags loose both how can they not still be positioned ahead of the Chiefs? Perhaps it opens the second wildcard spot but with the Jets at 10-4 it doesnt all compute to me. ????????

MichaelH
12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Uh, negatory there. Buffalo is 8-6 right now. They have to lose both games or we're screwed.

Thanks for bringing that to the attention. I kept looking at Buffalo's record and it said 8-6, and if they won out it would be 10-6. I couldn't figure out how in the world the Chiefs could get ahead of the Bills by winning out at 8-8.

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 12:08 PM
oh :(

ok, so the jags, ravens, donks and bills all have to lose out :(

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 12:09 PM
and buffalo has san fran and pittsburgh! :cry:

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Yeah, we need San Francisco to bring their A game next week. Or maybe more.

Mark M
12-20-2004, 12:15 PM
If KC manages to make the playoffs I will run through a thorn bush wearing nothing but a Bronco's hat, a Raiders scarf, and with a lit roman candle sticking out of my ass while singing "Like a Virgin" from Madonna.

MM
~~:shake:

cmh6476
12-20-2004, 12:24 PM
If KC manages to make the playoffs I will run through a thorn bush wearing nothing but a Bronco's hat, a Raiders scarf, and with a lit roman candle sticking out of my ass while singing "Like a Virgin" from Madonna.

MM
~~:shake:quoting this for proof! :p

Coogs
12-20-2004, 12:24 PM
of course, this all is just a silly pipe dream :)

Yeah, but at least the dream still lives for another week. So what the heck....

C-Mac
12-20-2004, 01:05 PM

MM

Go Bills !!!

Coogs
12-20-2004, 01:06 PM
From CBS Sportsline after week 15. We are still listed as in contention...

1 Pittsburgh (North Champions) 13-1
2 New England (East Champions) 12-1
3 San Diego (West Champions) 11-3
4 Indianapolis (South Champions) 11-3
5 N.Y. Jets (Wild Card) 10-4
6 Jacksonville (Wild Card) 8-6
Baltimore 8-6
Denver 8-6
Buffalo 8-6
Houston 6-8
Kansas City 6-8

RINGLEADER
12-20-2004, 02:52 PM
I don't see how we're in it. One of the wild cards goes to the NY Jets and the Jaguars can, at worst, be 8-8. If the Chiefs win out and the Jags lose out then we'd both be 8-8. Doesn't the fact that we lost to the Jags mean they get the spot? Or does the tie get decided some other way that favors the Chiefs?

If we could have just won two of the five close games we lost this year we'd be sitting pretty. Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

Coogs
12-20-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't see how we're in it. One of the wild cards goes to the NY Jets and the Jaguars can, at worst, be 8-8. If the Chiefs win out and the Jags lose out then we'd both be 8-8. Doesn't the fact that we lost to the Jags mean they get the spot? Or does the tie get decided some other way that favors the Chiefs?

If there is a massive tie, and it would have to be a 5 or 6 team tie at 8-6, the Chiefs would have the best conference record among those 5 or 6 teams.

So why it is the longest of long shots, we are still alive. We are still in a coma, but still alive none the less.

mikey23545
12-20-2004, 02:59 PM

If we could have just won two of the five close games we lost this year we'd be sitting pretty. Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

You've got to realize the tiebreakers shift when there are more than two teams tied. It is head to head competition for two teams, but conference records when it is three or more teams tied.

Stinger
12-20-2004, 03:03 PM

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps. Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division before proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

http://www.nfl.com/news/981202ties.html

craneref
12-20-2004, 04:44 PM
So your saying there is a chance!! GO CHIEFS.

Ultra Peanut
12-20-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm starting to worry that we may not make the playoffs.You fuggin' pessimist. Why don't you just go join laz and Vlad on the Ship of Doom?

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 04:55 PM

MM
Make a video and you'll be an internet superstar.

JazzzLovr
12-20-2004, 04:56 PM
quoting this for proof! :p

Personally, I could have lived without reading it the first time.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 05:05 PM

MM
You may have a problem getting witnesses for this event.