View Full Version : Al Saunders

Wile_E_Coyote
12-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Will Al be offered a Head Coaching job

another poll

~Broncos suck

DaKCMan AP
12-15-2004, 03:44 PM
He wont be offered one, and if he was, he wouldn't take it. Not until DV leaves.

Count Zarth
12-15-2004, 03:45 PM
I think he will leave, but not until DV does. Too many other good candidates out there.

booger
12-15-2004, 03:46 PM
I read on the star board (take with a grain of salt) that there was interest from the 9ers if Erickson left for a college gig or gets fired. Either way the way things are going out there they might be looking for a new HC.

I could see St. Louie having some interest as well if they can Martz. That is probably a longshot though.
I think he is really kicking himself in the ass for not talking the Husker job.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-15-2004, 03:47 PM
I use to see him as the Chiefs new HC, not so much anymore

Deberg_1990
12-15-2004, 04:32 PM
His last HC job was like in 1986...if he was so good why hasnt he had a HC'ing offer since???

booger
12-15-2004, 07:14 PM
His last HC job was like in 1986...if he was so good why hasnt he had a HC'ing offer since???
That must be the thinking around the league. It wasn't until he came back here with DV until he finally got an OC gig. He was the WR coach before being promoted to HC out in sandy letgomyeggo

David.
12-16-2004, 12:51 AM
god I hope he leaves.

tk13
12-16-2004, 12:55 AM
We're paying him a million dollars a year to be the OC... that's more than Mike Tice makes as head coach of the Vikings (granted he's underpaid). I think Al's sticking around...

The Bad Guy
12-16-2004, 12:57 AM
You hope he leaves?

Have we forgotten the guys that he's followed?

Paul Hackett and Jimmy Raye make me thankful we have this guy as our OC.

Yeah, he may call some weird plays, but we are in the top 3 in offense every year and he has something to do with that.

DaWolf
12-16-2004, 02:28 AM
You hope he leaves?

Have we forgotten the guys that he's followed?

Paul Hackett and Jimmy Raye make me thankful we have this guy as our OC.

Yeah, he may call some weird plays, but we are in the top 3 in offense every year and he has something to do with that.

I think Mike Solari has a lot to do with that too. Our OL and blocking schemes have really enabled us to run the ball well and it opens up the passing game. I think Saunders is a good playcaller who understands the system well and who also tends to get too cute at times. There are games where you scratch your head at what he is doing, like the 2nd half of the San Diego game. I don't think he's irreplacable. Hell who knows, Mike Martz could be available this offseason. ;) I really don't want Saunders as my next head coach though, at least not at this point. Maybe if we win a few playoff games and DV retires I'd be more open to it, but until that happens, I'd rather bring in an outside candidate...