PDA

View Full Version : We're the Kansas City Chiefs...The Running Game Will Come Around....

Stuckinbama
11-14-2000, 01:34 AM
I did NOT buy into this when Carl, ALL the coaches and MOST of the players were telling us this during the preseason. Without Szott - our line $UCKS as a run-blocking unit. We run te SAME plays we ran when we had good RB's and a good line. Now we have neither combination and it's a direct result of DENIAL. The problem is WORSE now than ever because before we could attract a RB - with our line and coaching NO RB will want to come to KC!

Clint in Wichita
11-14-2000, 03:15 AM
Any back would come to KC if we showed them the Benjamin's. You have 3 outstanding recievers which opens up the running game for a good running back. Yes, our OL will not be as good as in years past, but again I quote Charles Woodson:

"They don't have any backs with any moves."

I don't consider San Francisco's OL a great OL, but look at what Charlie Garner is doing. A lot of it is the scheme and blocking techniques, and a lot of it is what the running back does with it. We need a guy who can go inside, outside, make some moves, make people miss, break a big one, and hit the holes quickly...