PDA

View Full Version : Funny comment about our alleged CB

Swanman
12-16-2004, 01:40 PM
This quote has probably already been posted, but just in case it hasn't, the following is a quote from PortlyLock about Burntee's performance against the great Drew Bennett on MNF:

"I felt sorry for William Bartee. It literally got to the point where I didn’t want to watch anymore. It was like watching a disabled kid get beat up on the playground.”

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-16-2004, 01:43 PM
How can this be? Dick said Bartee was good enough. I'm confused.

I'll let it go now. Maybe.

bricks
12-16-2004, 01:44 PM
who's portylock?

mlyonsd
12-16-2004, 01:57 PM
who's portylock?I'm guessing wit-less-lock. (whitlock)

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm guessing witt-less-lock. (whitlock)
oooooohhh yea... That's makes more sense. I was wondering why Blaylock would say such a thing.........

:shrug:

cdcox
12-16-2004, 02:00 PM
When Muhamed Ali fought George Foreman, he let the champ punch himself out by doing the rope-a-dope. Ali finished off an exhausted Foreman and it was heralded as a brilliant strategy.

William Bartee used basically the same strategy against Drew Bennett. Bennett was on the sideline during the crucial closing minutes of the game because he was too exhausted from running up and down the field. Why no love for Bartee?

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-16-2004, 02:03 PM
When Muhamed Ali fought George Foreman, he let the champ punch himself out by doing the rope-a-dope. Ali finished off an exhausted Foreman and it was heralded as a brilliant strategy.

William Bartee used basically the same strategy against Drew Bennett. Bennett was on the sideline during the crucial closing minutes of the game because he was too exhausted from running up and down the field. Why no love for Bartee?
Wow. Now THAT's being generous of spirit and willing to really give the benefit of the doubt!

Ali = Bartee......

:hmmm:

ROFL

Frazod
12-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Years ago, when Jerry Rice was in his prime and still catching passes from Joe Montana, the Falcons CB who twice-yearly drew the inenviable task of covering him was Charles Dimry. Twice a year, every year, Rice lit Dimry up like a Christmas tree regular as clockwork. It seemed that the only time I ever saw the guy's name in print was in a caption under a photograph of Rice running into the endzone with ball in hand and Dimry two steps behind him, and his name was always preceded with the words "the beleaguered".

When I think of Bartee, those words fit perfectly. THE BELEAGUERED WILLIAM BARTEE. Of course, Dimry was at least getting lit up by a young Jerry Rice. Bartee makes EVERYBODY look like a young Jerry Rice.

"Beleaguered" is a good word. Unless it describes somebody on your team. No matter who he's covering.

:shake:

This guy just needs to go away.

Swanman
12-16-2004, 02:19 PM

Now the defensive strategy employed by against the Colts last year in the playoffs becomes perfectly clear.

Calcountry
12-16-2004, 03:16 PM
How can this be? Dick said Bartee was good enough. I'm confused.

I'll let it go now. Maybe.
Well, it is kind of like a Professor reccomending a student and then the student fugging up so hard it makes teh PRof look bad. The prof will still stick up for the punk.

DV needs to start taking some of those roids or something.

Calcountry
12-16-2004, 03:17 PM

ROFL CLASSIC!!! :clap:

Calcountry
12-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Now the defensive strategy employed by against the Colts last year in the playoffs becomes perfectly clear.
Only they had more than one receiver to throw to, so when the one got tired, they kept going. lol

STLRAMS39
12-16-2004, 04:07 PM
wow, thats halarious

kc rush
12-16-2004, 04:31 PM

Rep for you :thumb:

LTownChief
12-16-2004, 06:26 PM
for the rest of the year I'm going to pick up the opposing teams 2nd or 3rd WR on my fantasy team and try to find out who Bartee is supposed to cover

whoman69
12-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Why he is still in the league after 2002 I will never know.

FringeNC
12-16-2004, 11:43 PM
Even Madden commented something like, "Finally, the Chiefs have taken William Bartee out of the game." (When he was replaced by the almost equally inept Dexter M.)

Rausch
12-16-2004, 11:51 PM

I've surpassed the neg rep stage and think I'll just put you on my "list of people to kill once I snap" for comparing Matchstick to Ali... :mad:

gblowfish
12-16-2004, 11:56 PM
"I felt sorry for William Bartee. It literally got to the point where I didn’t want to watch anymore. It was like watching a disabled kid get beat up on the playground.”CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!