PDA

View Full Version : Royals deal Santiago for young pitching; trade for Marerro

Pitt Gorilla
12-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Both moves seem like good ones.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/kc/news/kc_news.jsp?ymd=20041216&content_id=923406&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp

Cochise
12-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Not bad, Marerro has played catcher in the past too, hasn't he?

I can see Marerro/Long/Stairs in a platoon sort of situation at the corner outfield spots. I read something last week or so that we might lose Guiel in the rule 5 draft, maybe to Colorado, but at least we have some people in the outfield that at least are major league sort of players...

Pitt Gorilla
12-16-2004, 11:05 PM
We kept Guiel and picked up two pitchers in the rule 5. Not too shabby.

Miles
12-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Marerro has some nice talent. If he can ever manage to have a healthy season he can be nice corner outfielder. The guy is always hurt though.

Miles
12-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Not bad, Marerro has played catcher in the past too, hasn't he?

I can see Marerro/Long/Stairs in a platoon sort of situation at the corner outfield spots. I read something last week or so that we might lose Guiel in the rule 5 draft, maybe to Colorado, but at least we have some people in the outfield that at least are major league sort of players...

Yeah Marerro sould still be able to make spots starts at catcher (not sure if he did last yr but positive he did in 2002). His defense at that position is nothing special but its good enough not to be a liability.

He also has suprising speed for a guy that can play catcher.

Cochise
12-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah Marerro sould still be able to make spots starts at catcher (not sure if he did last yr but positive he did in 2002). His defense at that position is nothing special but its good enough not to be a liability.

He also has suprising speed for a guy that can play catcher.

I might be crazy but I thought he had played some at 3B too.

Ari Chi3fs
12-16-2004, 11:24 PM
oh my, we are going to the playoffs in 2005... I feel it. ok. nope. that was gas.

Miles
12-16-2004, 11:24 PM
I might be crazy but I thought he had played some at 3B too.

I dont remember him playing any there when he was with the Cards at least. He did start three OF positions though, which isnt bad for a guy who's natural position was catcher.