PDA

View Full Version : After watching Priest highlights at home, I have determined that

Tuckdaddy
12-17-2004, 06:51 AM
he is the man. Blaylock and LJ have done a nice job and thier stats are good but Priest is a badass. The speed and explosion he brings is not replaceable. Trading him for defensive help is nuts. Whitless should fired for suggesting such a thing.

I already knew Holmes was a badass but he hasn't played in weeks so I had to take a look.

jynni
12-17-2004, 07:05 AM
I'll admit I really don't understand all the talk of trading Holmes.

Johnson has one or two good games (against crappy defenses) and all of a sudden we want to trade the best thing on our offense? I do believe Johnson is the RBOTF but I don't think he's ready to take on the full role - maybe in a year or two.

I can't count how many times since Priest has been out that I've thought "Priest would've put that in the endzone". I think the New England game would have been much different - along with the Saints game.

It's time to let Blaylock go if we have to.

Alphaman
12-17-2004, 07:10 AM
he is the man. Blaylock and LJ have done a nice job and thier stats are good but Priest is a badass. The speed and explosion he brings is not replaceable. Trading him for defensive help is nuts. Whitless should fired for suggesting such a thing.

I already knew Holmes was a badass but he hasn't played in weeks so I had to take a look.

EXACTLY!!!! :thumb: :clap: :thumb: :clap:

While we need serious defensive help, you don't do it by decimating your strength. If we've learned anything this year, it's that you need quality depth in the NFL. You must have 2 starting caliber RBs, 2 starting caliber QBs, 3 starting caliber WRs, 3 starting caliber CBs and major depth on both lines. This talk of trading Holmes, Johnson or Gonzo is preposterous. We drafted Johnson to be the heir apparent to Holmes and to replace Blaylock when he became a free agent. It's time to execute that plan and spend money in free agency to drastically improve the defense.

Radar Chief
12-17-2004, 07:11 AM
I'll admit I really don't understand all the talk of trading Holmes.

It’s the “grass is greener” syndrome. Everyone else’s players are better than ours, so any trade would be a move up.

Warrior5
12-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Whitlock keeps fanning the flames on this because the season is down the tubes, and this creates controversy.

If LJ runs all over the Donx on Sunday, I might pay a little (very little) attention to the babble. Until then, Holmes will continue to be the premier Chiefs RB in 05.

RNR
12-17-2004, 07:50 AM
Truth is the best case for KC is Johnson to play like a first rounder the rest of season. Then in the offseason they can deal him as he is young with up side. Holmes on the other hand coming off a season ending injury and injury problems the last couple seasons, and at his age he does not have the trade value some may think. I am not saying he is washed up, it is just that RBs window is one of the smallest in the NFL. A back in his early 30s is risky.

Skip Towne
12-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Priest is great but his age is starting to show. He's finished both of the last two seasons injured. If LJ isn't ready, GET HIM READY!!!!

Cochise
12-17-2004, 08:13 AM
Blaylock goes via free agency, unless he wants to stick around.

LJ is the RB of the future.

Priest is still the RB of now.

RNR
12-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Priest is great but his age is starting to show. He's finished both of the last two seasons injured. If LJ isn't read, GET HIM READY!!!!My post was from the stance of if KC is going to deal a back. However Blaylock is a free agent and has said he wants a starting role, so he is gone. Holmes is still a top back but may not be able to handle a full load, which makes keeping Johnson a good move. There is the cap issues of dealing either high paid player.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 08:19 AM
My post was from the stance of if KC is going to deal a back. However Blaylock is a free agent and has said he wants a starting role, so he is gone. Holmes is still a top back but may not be able to handle a full load, which makes keeping Johnson a good move. There is the cap issues of dealing either high paid player.

Quit trying to get our running backs Raiders scum!! :p ROFL

RNR
12-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Quit trying to get our running backs R-aiders scum!! :p ROFL
Johnson is the only one that fits Turners style, and that aint going to happen. Word is Davis has 10 pounds of pot and a life time supply of high tech masking agent on the table waiting for Ricky Williams :shake:

Skip Towne
12-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Johnson is the only one that fits Turners style, and that aint going to happen. Word is Davis has 10 pounds of pot and a life time supply of high tech masking agent on the table waiting for Ricky Williams :shake:
I think you're confused on the pot and masking agents. It's the Donx that are the cheaters.

HC_Chief
12-17-2004, 08:38 AM
"Priset is the man"

Why yes, yes he is! :thumb: