PDA

View Full Version : Wishing I hadn't read the news today

Nzoner
12-17-2004, 09:48 AM
While at our client Christmas party last night word of this story had spread quickly seeing that we're not that far from Skidmore and that murders and the like in our area are not very common.

Whatever your beliefs I'd say a prayer of some kind is in order for this child,if it is indeed alive.

Sorry to post something so depressing this close to the holidays but with enough thoughts and prayers maybe this sick bastard(s) will be apprehended quickly.

Woman Slain;unborn child stolen (http://www.stjoenews-press.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=60008&SectionID=81&SubSectionID=272)

HC_Chief
12-17-2004, 09:55 AM
That's just f*cking sick.

sevenand7kc
12-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Walking into the office today people were mulling around talking about this. I agree unbelievable for this area.

All of the sick bastard(s) like these need taken to a deserted island and then it needs blown effin up.

ClearmontChief
12-17-2004, 10:02 AM
NZoner, I saw the report last night on ch 6 news here in Omaha. I was shocked, and tried to pay close attention cause I'm from that general area (Clearmont) and my brother & wife lives in Burlington Jct. Haven't heard any names yet...might know them.

stumppy
12-17-2004, 10:03 AM
There are some sick mothfaukers out there.

beavis
12-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Messed up. I hope they find the kid.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Lot of messed up stuff happens in Skidmore it sounds like...

KingPriest2
12-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Walking into the office today people were mulling around talking about this. I agree unbelievable for this area.

All of the sick bastard(s) like these need taken to a deserted island and then it needs blown effin up.

There seems every once in awhile something weird happens around Skidmore. like the town bully getting murdered in broad daylight back in the early 80s.

I hope to God this freak is caught. One of the sickests things I have ever heard about. Sick just sick.

ClearmontChief
12-17-2004, 10:07 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/17/missouri.fetus/index.html

(CNN) -- Missouri authorities issued an Amber Alert for an infant who may have survived after a woman was slain and a fetus removed from her body.

Bobbi Jo Stinnett, who was eight months' pregnant, was killed Thursday afternoon in her home in Skidmore in northwestern Missouri, the Nodaway County Sheriff's Department said.

The initial Amber Alert said that "the fetus was extracted from the victim."

A statement from the sheriff's department said the fetus was removed by the same "person or persons" who killed Stinnett.

Authorities said Stinnett was killed at around 3 p.m. (4 p.m. ET).

The alert said that the suspect "has blond hair and [is] possibly driving a red vehicle."

It advised people to look for bloody clothing or towels and said the infant could have health issues and would have a freshly cut umbilical cord if alive.

Authorities said that Stinnett was a white woman and the offspring also was believed to be a white female.

Iowanian
Whoever did that should definitely get the chair....and get fisted by the devil.

Unbelievable...........and scary that, this kind of thing can happen in a small town.

mikey23545
It is unbelievable what passes for human because it's on two legs...

ClearmontChief
12-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Kenneth McElroy, remember the story well.

As a kid, we couldn't pasture the cows too far from home...had to keep an eye on things or they'd just disappear. McElroy deserved what happened to him.

This girl certainly didn't. Sick stuff. Was she murdered, then the baby cut out...or, died while having the baby cut out?

KingPriest2
12-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Whoever did that should definitely get the chair....and get fisted by the devil.

Unbelievable...........and scary that, this kind of thing can happen in a small town.

:thumb: :clap:

Duck Dog
12-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah, my parents live close by to Skidmore. It's hard to believe that could happen anywhere.

Nzoner
12-17-2004, 10:14 AM
There seems every once in awhile something weird happens around Skidmore. like the town bully getting murdered in broad daylight back in the early 80s.

I remember that well.It was kind of a weird feeling reading the book and then watching the movie In Broad Daylight knowing that it had all happened very close to home.

morphius
12-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Yeah, my parents live close by to Skidmore. It's hard to believe that could happen anywhere.
I think that is more the case, stuff like that shouldn't happen anywhere.

ClearmontChief
12-17-2004, 10:23 AM
Absolutely Morp, shouldn't happen anywhere. But, this is Skidmore, rural, old-school, Missouri. 300 people town, MAYBE. It shouldn't happen anywhere...but, you just don't EXPECT it to happen there. You just don't expect sickos to exist there...and, maybe they aren't locals who did this.

ClearmontChief
12-17-2004, 10:29 AM
http://www.stjoenews-press.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=60008&SectionID=81&SubSectionID=272

Woman slain; unborn baby stolen

By ALYSON RALETZ
alysonraletz@npgco.com

A mother’s worst nightmare came true in Skidmore, Mo., Thursday afternoon.
An unknown individual entered the home of the Stinnetts — a couple married a little more than a year — and killed the 23-year-old wife, who was eight months pregnant with the couple’s first child, according to Nodaway Sheriff Bill Espey.

The unborn girl was cut out of the mother’s womb and taken from the house, Mr. Espey said.

“Someone was wanting a baby awful bad,” he said.

The mother of the victim found her inside the home, located on West Elm Street, and called police at 3:38 p.m.

Paramedics attempted to revive the victim and they transported her by ambulance to St. Francis Hospital in Maryville, Mo. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

“We’re looking into strangulation,” Mr. Espey said of the suspected cause of death. “… We know she was alive in the afternoon, within an hour of being found.”

Officials wouldn’t release the victim’s first name.

Bill Dragoo, who also lives on Elm Street, said the victim raised rat terrier dogs. A Bobbie Stinnett, who lived at 410 W. Elm St. in Skidmore, is listed on www.happyhavenfarms.com, as a breeder of rat terrier dogs. Another site, www.imageevent.com/happyhaven, states that Mrs. Stinnett worked at a four-wheeler manufacturer.

Mr. Espey said the victim worked at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing in Maryville.

Mr. Espey said he had attempted to issue an AMBER Alert for the unborn baby, but was frustrated when he learned he couldn’t because the baby had not been born yet. He was told because there wasn’t a physical description of the baby available to release that an AMBER Alert wouldn’t be issued.

“I was told it didn’t meet the criteria because it was not a born baby,” he said. “I believe there is a live 8-month-old fetus out there we need to find.”

He requested that anyone with information surrounding a baby girl in the area that appeared to have been born this week, should call the Nodaway Sheriff’s Department at (660) 582-7451.

There were not any visible signs of struggle or forcible entry into the home, Mr. Espey said.

Authorities canvassed four blocks of Skidmore near the homicide. Neighbors hovered Wednesday night near the blocked-off crime scene, centered around a small, white, modest home that stood on a gravel road near the heart of town.

Christmas lights twinkled at virtually every house, except for the one deputies and police surrounded.

Authorities collected evidence and interviewed family members and neighbors.

But by late Wednesday night, they had exhausted all leads, Mr. Espey said.

They had, however, made one determination.

“The father is not a suspect,” Mr. Espey said.

Mr. Espey said the couple had no known enemies and was well-liked in the neighborhood.

“They stayed to themselves,” Mr. Dragoo said. “They didn’t bother anybody. It blows my mind that this happened. She was such a shy person. They didn’t deserve this.”

He said he had read in tabloid magazines of “this type of thing happening” to other people in other parts of the country.

“But not in Skidmore,” he said.

The state’s Major Case Squad, and Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop H and Buchanan County investigation teams assisted Nodaway County deputies.

Mr. Espey said the victim’s body will be taken to the Jackson County medical examiner for an autopsy.

KingPriest2
12-17-2004, 10:46 AM
http://www.stjoenews-press.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=60008&SectionID=81&SubSectionID=272

Woman slain; unborn baby stolen

By ALYSON RALETZ
alysonraletz@npgco.com

A mother’s worst nightmare came true in Skidmore, Mo., Thursday afternoon.
An unknown individual entered the home of the Stinnetts — a couple married a little more than a year — and killed the 23-year-old wife, who was eight months pregnant with the couple’s first child, according to Nodaway Sheriff Bill Espey.

The unborn girl was cut out of the mother’s womb and taken from the house, Mr. Espey said.

“Someone was wanting a baby awful bad,” he said.

The mother of the victim found her inside the home, located on West Elm Street, and called police at 3:38 p.m.

Paramedics attempted to revive the victim and they transported her by ambulance to St. Francis Hospital in Maryville, Mo. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

“We’re looking into strangulation,” Mr. Espey said of the suspected cause of death. “… We know she was alive in the afternoon, within an hour of being found.”

Officials wouldn’t release the victim’s first name.

Bill Dragoo, who also lives on Elm Street, said the victim raised rat terrier dogs. A Bobbie Stinnett, who lived at 410 W. Elm St. in Skidmore, is listed on www.happyhavenfarms.com, as a breeder of rat terrier dogs. Another site, www.imageevent.com/happyhaven, states that Mrs. Stinnett worked at a four-wheeler manufacturer.

Mr. Espey said the victim worked at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing in Maryville.

Mr. Espey said he had attempted to issue an AMBER Alert for the unborn baby, but was frustrated when he learned he couldn’t because the baby had not been born yet. He was told because there wasn’t a physical description of the baby available to release that an AMBER Alert wouldn’t be issued.

“I was told it didn’t meet the criteria because it was not a born baby,” he said. “I believe there is a live 8-month-old fetus out there we need to find.”

He requested that anyone with information surrounding a baby girl in the area that appeared to have been born this week, should call the Nodaway Sheriff’s Department at (660) 582-7451.

There were not any visible signs of struggle or forcible entry into the home, Mr. Espey said.

Authorities canvassed four blocks of Skidmore near the homicide. Neighbors hovered Wednesday night near the blocked-off crime scene, centered around a small, white, modest home that stood on a gravel road near the heart of town.

Christmas lights twinkled at virtually every house, except for the one deputies and police surrounded.

Authorities collected evidence and interviewed family members and neighbors.

But by late Wednesday night, they had exhausted all leads, Mr. Espey said.

They had, however, made one determination.

“The father is not a suspect,” Mr. Espey said.

Mr. Espey said the couple had no known enemies and was well-liked in the neighborhood.

“They stayed to themselves,” Mr. Dragoo said. “They didn’t bother anybody. It blows my mind that this happened. She was such a shy person. They didn’t deserve this.”

He said he had read in tabloid magazines of “this type of thing happening” to other people in other parts of the country.

“But not in Skidmore,” he said.

The state’s Major Case Squad, and Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop H and Buchanan County investigation teams assisted Nodaway County deputies.

Mr. Espey said the victim’s body will be taken to the Jackson County medical examiner for an autopsy.

Very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

I hope they catch the freak who did this.

Kind of sounds like Claire on Lost but just more violent.

Oxford
12-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Kenneth McElroy, remember the story well.

As a kid, we couldn't pasture the cows too far from home...had to keep an eye on things or they'd just disappear. McElroy deserved what happened to him.

My wifes family is from the Maryville area, had that bizzarre shooting at Conception Abbey a couple of year ago too. If they find this waste of skin, they should pull a "Ken Rex" on him.

My brother in law built the poolhall everyone was hiding in when Ken Rex was sentenced.........

Calcountry
12-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Lot of messed up stuff happens in Skidmore it sounds like...
My first instinct was, here is a copy cat killer like Scott Peterson.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 11:58 AM
I went to school in Maryville so I've been through Skidmore once or twice. After seeing a History channel (sic) documentary on the McElroy deal I wanted to drive through and see this place.

Basically there are 2 streets, full of houses that appear to be abandoned or perhaps ought to be. Many porches or roof sections falling in, I recall one burned out house that appeared to be untouched for a long period of time between the two times that I drove through there. Basically looked like the most W.T. town you've ever seen.

donkhater
12-17-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm originally from Conception (no "aren't we all" jokes, please) and the Abbey was about 2 miles from my house. I knew one of the brothers there that was mudered.

To top it off, my dad was actually on the grand jury looking to indict someone for McElroy's killing. Needless to say, no one was very cooperative. I was young when it happened (8-9 years old) so I don't remember it well. I ought to ask him sometime about it. BTW, "In Broad Daylight" is a very good book for those interested.

donkhater
12-17-2004, 12:11 PM
On top of all that, in the early seventies, a guy named Benny Kemper (a teenager at the time) shot up his girlfriend and their family one night.

The story someone told me growing up was that the school bus stopped outside the girl's house and Kemper just said that she wouldn't be coming to school that day. Last I heard he was still serving his life sentence.

Iowanian
12-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Blonde hair in the lady's hand........red 2 door honda hatchback in driveway from 230-3.

Find the fugger that did it and fry them.

HC_Chief
12-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Blonde hair in the lady's hand........red 2 door honda hatchback in driveway from 230-3.

Find the fugger that did it and fry them.

Literally... gas and a match.

Hydrae
12-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Prayers and condolences to the husband and the rest of the family.

Braincase
12-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Worst I've ever heard.

stevieray
12-17-2004, 01:22 PM
God, how horrible.

According to some here on the board, babies aren't valid till he/she are born.

Chiefnj
12-17-2004, 01:33 PM
God, how horrible.

According to some here on the board, babies aren't valid till he/she are born.

Great job of creating a political argument and thread hijacking.

ROYC75
12-17-2004, 01:36 PM
It sad, it's sick.

We had a family that got trapped in a house fire 2 weeks ago here. Only 1 little girl made it out, her mother got her out, she was 6 years old in my granddaughters class.

Mom went back in to get the other 2 kids and didn't make it.

This little girl will forever be scared around Christmas time.

stevieray
12-17-2004, 01:39 PM

I guess a pm and suggestion isn't as important as casatigation and self rightousness.

this is a horrible crime that is compounded by the sheer brutality inflicted on mother AND child.

Don't project others reactions as my responisbility.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 01:39 PM

Well, he's right, presumably some would say that there shouldn't be an amber alert because the only thing missing is a blob of tissue.

IA_Chiefs_fan
12-17-2004, 01:41 PM
One of my coworkers was the Aunt of the husband. She called in to work this morning and the family is obviously devestated. I think it scares you that much more when it invloves someone you know well. She said that the family raised dogs and that someone had called and set an appointment to look at a dog at 2:30 yesterday. She heard there was a woman and one or two men suspected of the crime.

Coogs
12-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Got this bit from the KC Star. It also said an amber alert has been issued....

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/breaking_news/10441189.htm

Police were following a lead this morning that a suspect and the fetus may be out of state, about a three-hour drive from Skidmore in northwest Missouri, Espey said. He would not be more specific.

The FBI was called in for assistance.

FBI spokesman Jeff Lanza confirmed that the bureau was involved, but would not say where agents were focusing their investigation.

“We're checking out a lead, but it may turn out to be nothing,” Lanza said.

The sheriff said authorities were checking a report of a woman who came home with a day-old baby who had not been to a hospital.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 01:56 PM

Well, in their doing so they are actually undermining their own argument...

seeing that if the fetus had NOT been removed it too would have died along with the murdered mother. Rush Limbaugh was on the radio earlier trying to make the same lameo argument but he doesn't realize how once that baby was removed it was 'born' thus it was not an 'amber alert for a fetus' at all.

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2004, 01:57 PM
This sounds like some evil 'end of days' stuff.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 02:00 PM
As far as this not happening 'in a small town'...

I worked with a girl from a small town in KS and my sister in law is from a small town outside of Clay Center in KS. BOTH of them said the idea of small towns being pristine and untouched by scandal, corruption, sleaze, etc. is just an illusion. They have their share of horrific things in those towns they just don't have the media or the ability there to broadcast and publish it thus they are able to keep it 'within the family' and the community, so to speak.

Both said that unlike a big city when something scandalous or sleazy is going down the ENTIRE COMMUNITY KNOWS and there is no hiding any of it, every one knows everyone else's business.

stevieray
12-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Well, in their doing so they are actually undermining their own argument...

seeing that if the fetus had NOT been removed it too would have died along with the murdered mother. Rush Limbaugh was on the radio earlier trying to make the same lameo argument but he doesn't realize how once that baby was removed it was 'born' thus it was not an 'amber alert for a fetus' at all.

see NJ?

A coward who has me on ignore has to make it politcal through your reply. Rush Limbaugh?

Looks like you made this a political issue.

Donger
12-17-2004, 02:03 PM
he doesn't realize how once that baby was removed it was 'born' thus it was not an 'amber alert for a fetus' at all.

You are one twisted person.

Coogs
12-17-2004, 02:04 PM
As far as this not happening 'in a small town'...

I worked with a girl from a small town in KS and my sister in law is from a small town outside of Clay Center in KS. BOTH of them said the idea of small towns being pristine and untouched by scandal, corruption, sleaze, etc. is just an illusion. They have their share of horrific things in those towns they just don't have the media or the ability there to broadcast and publish it thus they are able to keep it 'within the family' and the community, so to speak.

Both said that unlike a big city when something scandalous or sleazy is going down the ENTIRE COMMUNITY KNOWS and there is no hiding any of it, every one knows everyone else's business.

Which small town outside of Clay Center? I live about 30 minutes from there.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 02:11 PM

Ugh, it was RUSH LIMBAUGH lamenting how the pro choice movement will be up in arms trying to explain how an 'amber alert was issued for a fetus...'

Not I.

But I agree, he is one twisted person.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Which small town outside of Clay Center? I live about 30 minutes from there.

I forget the name. I'll find out. I know I see a sign for it when driving to Colorado. :)

Chiefnj
12-17-2004, 02:14 PM
see NJ?

A coward who has me on ignore has to make it politcal through your reply. Rush Limbaugh?

Looks like you made this a political issue.

You made it political. Stay away from the railings at Arrowhead, you may have scrambled your brain a bit.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 02:14 PM
I see... so Dense is explaining to us how since the fetus was ripped out that counts as being born, and if it dies the person responsible will get 2 homicides, but if they hadn't removed it then they would only get 1.

Guess this is the part where Duhnise jumps on the grenade for the maniac and makes the thread about her...

Donger
12-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Ugh, it was RUSH LIMBAUGH lamenting how the pro choice movement will be up in arms trying to explain how an 'amber alert was issued for a fetus...'

Not I.

But I agree, he is one twisted person.

Having reading comprehension issues again?

I was referring to what you wrote about once the fetus was "born," it became a baby.

That's twisted.

beavis
12-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Well, there is a world of difference between what inside the mother, and what it was once it was removed. :rolleyes:

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Having reading comprehension issues again?

I was referring to what you wrote about once the fetus was "born," it became a baby.

That's twisted.

Yes, it was removed from the womb and the umbilical cord by a process that would be considered surgical if done in a hospital. The fact that it was done as part of a horrible and reprehensible murder does not change the designation of the fetus being removed/born.

It would be no different than if the woman had died in a car crash and a bystander removed the fetus to try to save it's life. The facts of the this baby's removal/birth are despicable but the fact that it was removed and 'born' do not change simply because the horrific circumstances of the mothers death.

beavis
12-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Yes, it was removed from the womb and the umbilical cord by a process that would be considered surgical if done in a hospital. The fact that it was done as part of a horrible and reprehensible murder does not change the designation of the fetus being removed/born.

It would be no different than if the woman had died in a car crash and a bystander removed the fetus to try to save it's life. The facts of the this baby's removal/birth are despicable but the fact that it was removed and 'born' do not change simply because the horrific circumstances of the mothers death.
Seek help.

stevieray
12-17-2004, 02:32 PM
You made it political. Stay away from the railings at Arrowhead, you may have scrambled your brain a bit.

My comment didn't set her off, yours did. I'm not responsible for the next fifty posts she makes based on HER beliefs which ARE politically driven. If you want to blame me for caring about the lives of that woman and child, knock yourself out.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Seek help.

Look, the crime is horrific and reprehensible enough. I think it's rather telling the first ones looking to politicize and gain some type of capital FROM it are the RWNJs/Pro-lifers, like Limbaugh.

Forgive me for crying foul at their disgusting efforts.

Iowanian
12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
JeezuZ Dense...........this isn't the place for your crap.

If they've got a lead, I hope they can get to it quickly.........getting that baby back at least leaves the father "something" good out of this horrible thing.

just imagine that poor kid's vision of her Birthday.

Donger
12-17-2004, 02:57 PM

Would you call a fetus aborted one month before expected delivery "a baby" after the abortion?

Cochise
12-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Would you call a fetus aborted one month before expected delivery "a baby" after the abortion?

Depends, is it politically expedient?

beavis
12-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Look, the crime is horrific and reprehensible enough. I think it's rather telling the first ones looking to politicize and gain some type of capital FROM it are the RWNJs/Pro-lifers, like Limbaugh.

Forgive me for crying foul at their disgusting efforts.
What you call political capital, some would call a life.

But maybe I am splitting hairs here...

Cochise
12-17-2004, 03:08 PM
RWNJs/Pro-lifers, like Limbaugh.

So being a pro-life makes you a nut job "like Limbaugh". The gold medal for logical gymnastics goes to...

KingPriest2
12-17-2004, 03:32 PM
How sad that people are arguing when a mother was killed and her young infant was cut from her.

Please stop for her sake and her daughters sake.

Thank you.

Braincase
12-17-2004, 03:36 PM
BABY FOUND OK, but I can't touch the server. Probably crashed out.Link (http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/1152537.html)

Infant Found
Child taken from murdered mother's womb

Authorities say a baby girl who was apparently cut from her mother's womb has been found in good health.

A Missouri sheriff says authorities are awaiting the results of D-N-A testing to confirm that the girl is the child of Bobbi Jo Stinnett.

The baby is in a Kansas hospital.

A multi-state search had been launched for the infant taken from her murdered mother's womb. Twenty-three-year-old Bobbi Jo Stinnett, of Skidmore, Missouri, was killed Thursday afternoon in her eighth month of pregnancy.

Investigators issued an Amber Alert early Friday.

"The doctors who examined Bobbi Jo gave us information indicating we probably would have a live child if we could find it," Nodaway County Sheriff Ben Espey said Friday. "The child would be in danger because of being one month premature."

"Someone was wanting a baby awful bad," he had said earlier.

Ms. Stinnett's mother found her body Thursday afternoon. The 23-year-old woman had apparently been strangled.

There were no visible signs of struggle and no indication of forced entry into Stinnett's home in this small community of 500 in the northwest corner of Missouri, the sheriff said.

"We know she was alive in the afternoon, within an hour of being found," Espey said.

Espey said investigators were looking for a car that had been reported seen in the driveway at the Stinnett home, a red two-door Honda hatchback from the late 1980s or early 1990s. Officers in neighboring Atchison County saw a car that appeared to match that description early Friday and began chasing it, but lost sight of it after its lights were turned off, he said.

KingPriest2
12-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Baby Stolen From Womb Found Alive

SKIDMORE, Mo., Dec. 17, 2004

(Photo: CBS)

There were no visible signs of struggle and no indication of forced entry into Stinnett's home in this small community of 500 in the northwest corner of Missouri, the sheriff said.

Nodaway County Sheriff Ben Espey speaks to reporters about the murder of Bobbi Jo Stinnett (Photo: AP)

(CBS/AP) A baby girl who apparently was cut from her mother's womb was found in good health Friday, a day after the slaying, and two people were being questioned, authorities said.

A Missouri sheriff says authorities are awaiting the results of DNA testing to confirm the girl's identity.

The baby is in a Kansas hospital.

The girl's mother, 23-year-old Bobbi Jo Stinnett, didn't survive the attack. Married for little more than a year and eight months pregnant with her first child, Stinnett was found slain in her northwest Missouri home Thursday afternoon by her own mother.

"It's about as good as we can get, people," Sheriff Ben Espey said at a new conference Friday afternoon

Espey said earlier that authorities were chasing down a tip the girl was taken out-of-state and may be up to three or four hours away from Skidmore, which is not far from Missouri's border with Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska.

He did not offer any additional details about the tip. An earlier tip, which followed an Amber Alert issued just after midnight, that the baby had been abducted so it could be sold had so far failed to pan out, he said.

In Kansas, the state's bureau of investigation issued a public "secondary alert" Friday seeking help in finding the girl, which doctors said could have suffered a variety of traumas during the assault, including a lack of oxygen.

The Kansas City Star quoted the director of the neonatal intensive care unit at the University of Kansas Hospital as saying a baby taken from its mother's womb would need immediate medical attention.

"I'm afraid my imagination can come up with some really rather horrible possibilities that I don't care to contemplate," Perry Clark told the newspaper.

Espey said investigators know Stinnett was still alive within an hour of being found around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. Paramedics tried to revive the young woman, who was pronounced dead later at St. Francis Hospital in Maryville. Espey was still frustrated Friday afternoon that it took hours for a statewide Amber Alert to be issued. It didn't appear until about 12:30 a.m.

"We had a live baby, and I thought that should qualify as an Amber Alert," he said. "The information I was getting was that we didn't have enough information such as hair color, eye color, skin complexion, size and weight."

Stinnett's body was taken to Kansas City for an autopsy by the Jackson County medical examiner. Espey expected it would establish she was strangled and resisted the attack.

"The autopsy is going to show us there was some blond hair probably found in her hands," the sheriff said. "That would also help us with the DNA."

Espey said there was no indication of forced entry into Stinnett's small white home in this small community of about 500, located north of St. Joseph in the extreme northwest corner of Missouri.

The sheriff said Stinnett worked at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing in Maryville. Her husband was at work at the time and is not a suspect, he said.

Espey said investigators were looking for a car that had been reported seen in the driveway at the Stinnett home Thursday afternoon, a red two-door Honda hatchback from the late 1980s to early 1990s. It's possible the car had nothing to do with the abduction, Espey stressed.

He said that at about 12:45 a.m. officers in Atchison County saw a car that appeared to match that description and began chasing it, but lost sight of it after its lights were turned off.

Chris Smock and his wife Elaina went to school with Bobbi Jo Stinnett and live right behind the Stinnett's house. The couple, who found out about the killing while they were at work, said they were "shocked and horrified."

"It's not your average every day thing, of course," Chris Smock said. "I think Skidmore will react the same way any town would react. I mean, how would you react?"

Dartgod
12-17-2004, 04:04 PM
How sad that people are arguing when a mother was killed and her young infant was cut from her.

Please stop for her sake and her daughters sake.

Thank you.
I agree. Thank God they found the baby alive. I hope they find the #%#@#@%#@ who did it and string him up.

Jenny Gump
12-17-2004, 04:09 PM
I agree. Thank God they found the baby alive. I hope they find the #%#@#@%#@ who did it and string him up.

I imagine we will find out it was a woman who did it.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 04:49 PM

It would be a dead fetus. Obviously having the abortion would mean the fetus was not delivered alive.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 04:53 PM
JeezuZ Dense...........this isn't the place for your crap.

If they've got a lead, I hope they can get to it quickly.........getting that baby back at least leaves the father "something" good out of this horrible thing.

just imagine that poor kid's vision of her Birthday.

HA, I was not the one to start to politicize this.

I agree that hopefully the baby being alive gives the father something good out of this terrible crime.

stumppy
12-17-2004, 04:56 PM
It would be a dead fetus. Obviously having the aborition would mean the fetus was not delivered alive.

Take you fuggin argument somewhere else.

Thank God the baby is ok.

KingPriest2
12-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Is there any decency left in this world?

I asked once before but now I am telling you to stop.

Thank you.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Is there any decency left in this world?

I asked once before but now I am telling you to stop.

Thank you.

What? Not everyone is obeying your commands? What is wrong with them?

Donger
12-17-2004, 05:23 PM
It would be a dead fetus. Obviously having the abortion would mean the fetus was not delivered alive.

Wrong.

It would be a dead baby, according to your own definition:

"The fact that it was done as part of a horrible and reprehensible murder does not change the designation of the fetus being removed/born."

"once that baby was removed it was 'born' thus it was not an 'amber alert for a fetus' at all."

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Wrong.

It would be a dead baby, according to your own definition:

"The fact that it was done as part of a horrible and reprehensible murder does not change the designation of the fetus being removed/born."

"once that baby was removed it was 'born' thus it was not an 'amber alert for a fetus' at all."

Out of respect to those who've asked that this stop, I'm not going to respond to the ridiculousness of your post. Perhaps on another thread...

Donger
12-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Out of respect to those who've asked that this stop, I'm not going to rsepond to the ridiculousness of your post. Perhaps on another thread...

You're the one that claimed that a fetus removed from a mother's body is not a fetus, but a baby, not me.

But I, too, will digress.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 05:32 PM
You're the one that claimed that a fetus removed from a mother's body is not a fetus, but a baby, not me.

But I, too, will digress.

that is not what I said...

but think what you will.

Donger
12-17-2004, 05:36 PM
that is not what I said...

once that baby was removed it was 'born' thus it was not an 'amber alert for a fetus' at all.

KingPriest2
12-17-2004, 05:53 PM
What? Not everyone is obeying your commands? What is wrong with them?

What a F*cking Dumbass.

You are sick

Someone was killed and cut up and you make a comment like this.

All I was asking for is the decent thing to be done and I am ridiculed. Why am I not surprised? No one gives a shit anymore about doing something out of respect.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 05:58 PM
What a F*cking Dumbass.

You are sick

Someone was killed and cut up and you make a comment like this.

All I was asking for the decent thing to be done and I am ridiculed. Why am I not surprised? No one gives a shit anymore about doing something out of respect.

Why should there be no discussion about things that are negative?

Do you post a similar response to threads about 9/11, or anything else that is bad?

Nzoner
12-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Updated article

Police Find Baby Believed From Slain Mom

38 minutes ago

Add to My Yahoo! U.S. National - AP

By MARGARET STAFFORD, Associated Press Writer

SKIDMORE, Mo. - A baby who was cut from her mother's womb during a grisly slaying was found in good health Friday, bringing relief to authorities who had spent the last day frantically searching for the little girl.

Two people were taken into custody, and the baby was transported to a hospital in Topeka, Kan., authorities said.

The discovery of the baby and possible arrests came a day after authorities arrived at 23-year-old Bobby Jo Stinnett's home and found her nearly dead. Paramedics tried to revive her, but she was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Sheriff Ben Espey believes Stinnett was strangled and resisted the attack, and authorities hoped that strands of hair found in her hands will help them find out who killed her. They were awaiting DNA testing to confirm the newborn is that of Stinnett, a factory worker who was eight months pregnant.

"The autopsy is going to show us there was some blond hair probably found in her hands," the sheriff said. "That would also help us with the DNA."

Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Sheldon Lyon said authorities were questioning a man and a woman who were in the same place as where the baby was found in eastern Kansas. A red Honda hatchback matching a description offered earlier by police was in the driveway of the home.

Doctors said the baby could have suffered a variety of traumas during the assault, including a lack of oxygen, but could likely survive if treated.

"Ninety-five percent are going to do pretty well given a modest amount of medical attention," said Dr. Perry Clark, medical director of the neonatal intensive care unit at The University of Kansas Hospital.

Espey said there was no indication of forced entry into Stinnett's small white home in this community of about 500 in the northwest corner of Missouri.

A neighbor, Bill Dragoo, said Stinnett and her husband raised dogs and "didn't bother anybody. It blows my mind that this happened. She was such a shy person. They didn't deserve this."

Espey was frustrated that it took hours for a statewide Amber Alert to be issued. The mother was found around 3:30 p.m, and the Amber Alert didn't appear until nine hours later.

"We had a live baby, and I thought that should qualify as an Amber Alert," he said. "The information I was getting was that we didn't have enough information such as hair color, eye color, skin complexion, size and weight."

Stinnett, married for little more than a year and expecting her first child, worked at an engine factory in nearby Maryville. Her husband was at work at the time she was killed, authorities said.

Several pregnant women have been killed in recent years by attackers who then removed their fetuses, in some cases to pass the children off as their own.

In the most recent case, a 21-year-old woman was shot to death in Oklahoma in December 2003, allegedly by another woman who pretended the 6-month-old fetus was her child. The fetus died and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

memyselfI
12-17-2004, 07:36 PM
the amber alert words in quotes were from RUSH LIMBAUGH...for the 1000th time.

Nzoner
12-17-2004, 09:44 PM
I imagine we will find out it was a woman who did it.

Jenny called that right.

One Charged With Killing Mom, Taking Baby

11 minutes ago

Add to My Yahoo! U.S. National - AP

By MARGARET STAFFORD, Associated Press Writer

MARYVILLE, Mo. - Authorities Friday arrested a woman they allege came to the home of an eight-months-pregnant woman — purportedly to buy a dog — then strangled her and cut the baby from her womb. Authorities found the abducted infant in good health, ending a day of frantic searching.

According to a criminal complaint, Lisa M. Montgomery admitted she strangled Bobbie Jo Stinnett and took her baby. The complaint also said Montgomery lied to her husband about giving birth, although U.S. Attorney Todd Graves declined to give a motive for the crime.

Stinnett's mother found the 23-year-old nearly dead Thursday in her home in the northwest Missouri town of Skidmore. Paramedics tried to revive her, but she was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The baby was found Friday in an eastern Kansas home; a red Honda hatchback matching a description offered earlier by police was in the driveway.

Although DNA tests were pending to confirm the baby's identity, authorities called off the Amber Alert issued for the child.

"We're confident we have the little girl that was taken from Skidmore," Nodaway County Sheriff Ben Espey said during a news conference in Maryville. An FBI (news - web sites) agent had said the father had already been reunited with the baby, but officials with the bureau and the Topeka, Kan., hospital where the baby was taken later said that was not the case.

Montgomery, 36, of Melvern, Kan., was charged with kidnapping resulting in death, Graves said. Montgomery, a mother of two, had been pregnant but lost a child, Graves said, though it was unclear when or under what circumstances.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Sheldon Lyon said earlier in the day that authorities were questioning a man and a woman who were in the place where the baby was found. Graves said the investigation was ongoing but would not say if additional charges might be filed or if there was another suspect.

Graves said Montgomery contacted Stinnett through an online message board, and authorities zeroed in on her using computer forensics. Montgomery was seeking to buy a dog from Stinnett, who raised rat terriers, he said.

According to the criminal complaint, Montgomery's husband, Kevin, told officers he received a call Thursday from his wife, who said she was in Topeka, Kan., about 40 miles from Melvern, and had gone into labor and given birth.

Kevin Montgomery and the couple's two children met Lisa and the newborn at a parking lot in Topeka and drove home, according to the affidavit.

The victim's mother, Becky Harper, said her daughter called her about an hour before she found her, authorities said. She apparently hung up when someone showed up for an appointment to look at her dogs.

"Oh, they're here," Stinnett told her mother, according to the affidavit. "I've got to go."

Espey said there was no indication of forced entry into Stinnett's small white home in Skidmore, a community of about 500.

Espey said he believes Stinnett was strangled and resisted the attack.

"The autopsy is going to show us there was some blond hair probably found in her hands," the sheriff said.

A neighbor, Bill Dragoo, said Stinnett and her husband "didn't bother anybody. It blows my mind that this happened. She was such a shy person. They didn't deserve this."

Espey was frustrated that it took hours for a statewide Amber Alert to be issued. The mother was found around 3:30 p.m, and the Amber Alert didn't appear until nine hours later.

Stinnett, married for little more than a year and expecting her first child, worked at an engine factory in nearby Maryville. Her husband was at work at the time she was killed, authorities said.

Several pregnant women have been killed in recent years by attackers who then removed their fetuses, in some cases to pass the children off as their own.

In the most recent case, a 21-year-old woman was shot to death in Oklahoma in December 2003, allegedly by another woman who pretended the 6-month-old fetus was her child. The fetus died and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Frazod
12-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Lethal injection will be far too kind for this monstrous f#cking bitch. But she does have roasting in hell to look forward to.

Phobia
12-17-2004, 10:00 PM
I'd say this story ended the best possible scenario - post murder.

The woman deserves a painful, slow death and the husband should probably get nuthooks for being such a dipshit. I can't wait to see this fat skank's mug on TV.

Lzen
12-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Apparently, the baby is here in Topeka's Stormont Vail hospital.

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/121704/bre_fetus.shtml

That woman deserves far worse than just death. But I'll be happy if they do give here that punishment - death penalty.

Nzoner
12-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Apparently, the baby is here in Topeka's Stormont Vail hospital.

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/121704/bre_fetus.shtml

That woman deserves far worse than just death. But I'll be happy if they do give here that punishment - death penalty.

That link is telling me I have to register.

If it's a different story than the ones already posted could you copy and paste?

Donger
12-17-2004, 10:39 PM
the amber alert words in quotes were from RUSH LIMBAUGH...for the 1000th time.

For the 1000th time, I was referring to YOUR words, not Rush's.

Here: Originally Posted by memyselfI
once that baby was removed it was 'born' thus it was not an 'amber alert for a fetus' at all.

In other words, it was an amber alert for a baby since it was "removed."

Lzen
12-17-2004, 10:40 PM
That link is telling me I have to register.

If it's a different story than the ones already posted could you copy and paste?

Sry about that. I forgot that they make you register. Here ya go.

Published Friday, December 17, 2004

Baby of slain mother at Stormont-Vail

By MARGARET STAFFORD
The Associated Press

A baby girl who apparently was cut from her mother's womb during a grisly Missouri slaying is at Stormont-Vail Regional Health Center this evening in good health.

Two people were taken into custody, bringing relief to authorities who had spent the last day frantically searching for the little girl.

"We're confident we have the little girl that was taken from Skidmore," Nodaway County Sheriff Ben Espey said during a news conference in Maryville, Mo., noting that the Amber Alert issued for the baby had been canceled.

FBI agent Rick Thornton said the father has been reunited with baby at Stormont-Vail.

Espey believes Stinnett was strangled and resisted the attack, and authorities hoped that strands of hair found in her hands will help them find out who killed her. They were awaiting DNA testing to confirm the newborn is that of Stinnett, a factory worker who was eight months pregnant.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Sheldon Lyon said authorities were questioning a man and a woman who were in the same place as where the baby was found in eastern Kansas. A red Honda hatchback matching a description offered earlier by police was in the driveway of the home.

Doctors said the baby could have suffered a variety of traumas during the assault, including a lack of oxygen, but could likely survive if treated.

"Ninety-five percent are going to do pretty well given a modest amount of medical attention," said Dr. Perry Clark, medical director of the neonatal intensive care unit at The University of Kansas Hospital.

Espey said investigators know Stinnett was still alive within an hour of being found around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. Paramedics tried to revive the young woman, who was pronounced dead later at St. Francis Hospital in Maryville.

Espey was still frustrated Friday afternoon that it took hours for a statewide Amber Alert to be issued. It didn't appear until about 12:30 a.m.

Espey said there was no indication of forced entry into Stinnett's small white home in this community of about 500, located north of St. Joseph in the extreme northwest corner of Missouri.

The sheriff said Stinnett worked at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing in Maryville. Her husband was at work at the time and is not a suspect, he said.

Espey said early Friday that investigators were looking for a car that had been reported seen in the driveway at the Stinnett home on Thursday afternoon, a red two-door Honda hatchback from the late 1980s to early 1990s. He said that at about 12:45 a.m. officers in Atchison County saw a car that appeared to match that description and began chasing it, but lost sight of it after its lights were turned off.

Chris Smock and his wife Elaina went to school with Bobbi Jo Stinnett and live right behind the Stinnett's house. The couple, who found out about the killing while they were at work, said they were "shocked and horrified."

"It's not your average everyday thing, of course," Chris Smock said. "I think Skidmore will react the same way any town would react. I mean, how would you react?"

The Capital-Journal contributed to this report.