PDA

View Full Version : Moving the Chiefs to LA

Fat Elvis
12-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Here is a hypothetical question: Would you support moving the Chiefs to LA if the NFL were to grant KC an expansion team keeping the Chiefs name and history?

In other words, would you allow the Chiefs as we know them to leave if it meant that we could wipe the slate clean and start all over?

HC_Chief
12-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Why not?

Iowanian
Blaspemy!

If that happend, I'd be climbing the tower Caudle was occupying.

CosmicPal
Nope

Cochise
12-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Bad choices.

I would support a Chiefs team in Kansas City, or probably any Kansas City team even if they were called something else.

But moving the team just to get rid of a general manager... that's pure chiefsplanet genious (tm) right there.

Fat Elvis
12-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Bad choices.

I would support a Chiefs team in Kansas City, or probably any Kansas City team even if they were called something else.

But moving the team just to get rid of a general manager... that's pure chiefsplanet genious (tm) right there.

It isn't just to get rid of Carl.

It is a hypothetical question I raised because of the Browns being moved to Baltimore and was wondering if something like that might happen to KC.

The Carl comment was TIC.

Rain Man
12-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Don't even mention the "M" word. No way, no how. I want my Chiefs and their history and their unbroken record of NFL dominance as long as it's not a playoff game.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 10:13 AM

It is a hypothetical question I raised because of the Browns being moved to Baltimore and was wondering if something like that might happen to KC.

Well that deal sure helped the Bowns get rid of their 'mediocre' franchise...

beavis
12-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Well that deal sure helped the Bowns get rid of their 'mediocre' franchise...
It got rid of their asshole owner.

BigRedChief
12-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Horrible poll. No Gaz option. The options there are not good. You are forbidden from any more poll making and if they move its your fault for the bad karma. Are you happy now? :p

penguinz
12-17-2004, 10:20 AM
This is an ignorant thread. Even by chiefsplanet standards.

Skip Towne
12-17-2004, 10:27 AM
This is an ignorant thread. Even by chiefsplanet standards.
How can an inanimate object be ignorant?

Saulbadguy
12-17-2004, 10:30 AM
I dunno..how "animated" are you, Skip? :p

penguinz
12-17-2004, 10:32 AM
If you are going to try and correct someone at least know what you are talking about. ;)

See #2

ig·no·rant Audio pronunciation of "ignorant" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gnr-nt)
adj.

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

Source: Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ignorant)

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2004, 10:43 AM
No way. I became a Chiefs fan because I grew up in KC. I moved away 8 years ago. If the Chiefs leave, I'm done. I'd have to become a Browns fan, which is pretty much the same...

HC_Chief
12-17-2004, 10:48 AM
I don't see the big deal: Lamar, an out-of-state owner, moves the 'team' to LA under a different name; KC retains the Chiefs and their history.

In other words, the ownership, front office, players and coaching staff leave, we build a brand new stadium and start from scratch.

Not much different than what's going to happen in about two years anyway: complete turnover.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2004, 10:51 AM
I don't see the big deal: Lamar, an out-of-state owner, moves the 'team' to LA under a different name; KC retains the Chiefs and their history.

In other words, the ownership, front office, players and coaching staff leave, we build a brand new stadium and start from scratch.

Not much different than what's going to happen in about two years anyway: complete turnover.I'm affraid Carl won't leave. He reminds me of that annoying friend/relative that comes over unannounced/uninvited and takes over your TV...
:cuss:

alpha_omega
12-17-2004, 10:54 AM
NO!

Calcountry
12-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Here is a hypothetical question: Would you support moving the Chiefs to LA if the NFL were to grant KC an expansion team keeping the Chiefs name and history?

In other words, would you allow the Chiefs as we know them to leave if it meant that we could wipe the slate clean and start all over?
Only to see the LA HomeBoys win the Super Bowl about 2 years after they leave???

NOT.

Logical
12-17-2004, 12:52 PM

I agree that it is not just Carl, it is ownership as well. This team management and ownership do not care about winning championships. 3 decades + is plenty of proof for me.

ROYC75
12-17-2004, 01:03 PM
When the A's left town, I was mad but Ok knowing we were grtting the Royals.

When the Kings left, I was pissed, I pretty much gave up NBA and became a proud Jayhawk full time.

If the Chiefs ever left ..... I would flip and blow a gasket, maybe postal ?

htismaqe
12-17-2004, 01:08 PM
I voted yes, but realize this:

If the Chiefs move to LA, another team would have to move here.

The NFL has put a moratorium on expansion.

Frazod
12-17-2004, 02:01 PM
I agree that it is not just Carl, it is ownership as well. This team management and ownership do not care about winning championships. 3 decades + is plenty of proof for me.

What he said.

Lamar clearly doesn't give a shit about giving the trophy with HIS OWN NAME ON IT to somebody else every year.

PastorMikH
12-17-2004, 02:21 PM
No. If there were an expansion team, why not just let them go to LA?

FWIW, LA HAD 2 teams and have lost both of them. Why would any owner seriously consider moving their team there?

The Red Death
12-17-2004, 02:22 PM
I would be wholeheartedly against the Chiefs leaving Kansas City in any way. A result from a situation like this is why I am a Chiefs fan in the first place. Back in the 80s I watched the St. Louis Cardinals every week, and for some reason even enjoyed it. I'd still be a Big Red fan if it wasn't for Bill Bidwell. I'm sure this story is a familiar one to many Chiefs fans east of Kansas City. The thought of going through this again makes me want to throw up. It would be heartbreaking, because even with the same name the team would never be the same. Before you believe this is the answer to improving the Chiefs, you better take a long look at the Browns.

Skip Towne
12-17-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm with Pastor. wo teams have already moved out of there. And there hasn't been a team there for several years. But I don't see any team owners busting ass to move there. The Chargers just use LA for leverage against San Diego.