PDA

View Full Version : I'll take it back, DONT TRADE THE PRIEST!

bricks
12-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Ok, ok, I was the one who said trade Priest Holmes. I confess myself, I realize now it was an almighty sin for me to say that. I thought LJ would be the ROB of the future for this franchise, after hearing his comments on 810, and reading them on this BB, and the KC Star BB, I was completely brushed off. The guy is a PUNK. Period. he is not a team player, but, rather a cancer for this franchise. Don't get me wrong, he'll be a great player, just with a bad attitude. Kinda like a Meshon Johnson. The right move would be to keep Priest Holmes, re-sign Derrick Blaylock to a multi-year contract, and get LJ's a** outta here in a trade. It's official, I jumped off the LJ bandwagon.

ILWarpaint
12-17-2004, 10:19 AM
I'll agree that LJ needs to take a few PR classes, but there were alot of people around here who wanted Cory Dillon VERY badly a few years ago. He's just a frustrated player, much like Cory Dillon was in Cincy.

BigRedChief
12-17-2004, 10:23 AM
If LJ turns out to be like Dillion that would be cool. Talented player in a bad situation chomping at the bit to win. When given a chance becomes a great team player. Good scenerio if you ask me.

jiveturkey
12-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I can't believe that LJ tells the truth when questioned. :hmmm:

He doesn't give the usual spin that you hear out of football players he tells it the way that he see's it and I would rather have a real player with an attitude than a pu55y with a pu55y.

whoman69
12-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Add McGahee to that group.

Frankie
12-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Hopefully he'll get 100 yards in each of the remaining games and drive up his trading worth. Then I'd like to see him traded for a solid young defender (DE, LB, or DB) with pro-bowl potential. Suggestions please.

BTW, is Boss Bailey doing any good?

Braincase
12-17-2004, 02:14 PM
I heard his 610 interview, and I guess I'm not as bothered about his comments as many. You would think that a kid coming out of school and getting a 6 mil signing bonus would walk into the office and ask coach, "How can I best help the team?". I don't think Larry ever did that, but then again, if the staff more or less told him to STFD and STFU, who could blame the guy.

I think he's been honest, and I'm getting the impression that either Saunders lied to the young man or kept him out of loop on some decisions that would effect him.

beer bacon
12-17-2004, 02:18 PM
DRAMA. Larry Johnson. More like Meshon Johnson. Please get off Larry's back and just let him play.

It seems like DV and AS have been jerking him around since he got here. He is probably a tad bit upset about that, especially now that he has vindicated himself.

Frankie
12-17-2004, 03:10 PM
It seems like DV and AS have been jerking him around since he got here. He is probably a tad bit upset about that, especially now that he has vindicated himself.

Did he hold out? I actually don't remember! If he did that could have left a bad initial impression.

ILWarpaint
12-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Did he hold out? I actually don't remember! If he did that could have left a bad initial impression.

I don't think so. I think he signed fairly quickly. IIRC.

LTownChief
12-17-2004, 03:33 PM
I cant believe the thought of trading Priest to keep LJ was even in anybody's heads. Ya, lets trade a guy that has just had 4 hall of fame caliber SEASONS to keep a guy who has had two good GAMES

ChiefsOne
12-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Glad you came to you senses!

penchief
12-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Hopefully he'll get 100 yards in each of the remaining games and drive up his trading worth. Then I'd like to see him traded for a solid young defender (DE, LB, or DB) with pro-bowl potential. Suggestions please.

BTW, is Boss Bailey doing any good?

I just think this is a mistake. I believe Johnson's big play ability makes him a potential 2000 yard rusher and a player that can consistently deliver 20-25 TDs a season.

He has speed, power, and is very efficient in his elusiveness.

Plus, he has a style that is his own. That's been a quality of all the great backs.

ENDelt260
12-17-2004, 05:39 PM
You are correct.

Many here liked his press conference when he signed, too. Statements like, "I haven't earned it yet." referring to the money.

Guess after awhile he didn't like not being given a chance to earn it.

penchief
12-17-2004, 05:42 PM

He signed almost right away. I would be interested in finding out if he was the first because it is quite possible he was. He came to camp with a good attitude. I don't think this is entirely on him.

penchief
12-17-2004, 06:07 PM
You are correct.

Many here liked his press conference when he signed, too. Statements like, "I haven't earned it yet." referring to the money.

Guess after awhile he didn't like not being given a chance to earn it.

I admit that it does seem like he has a little too much personal pride. But that doesn't bother me all that much. I think that the comment he made about preferring a Hall of Fame induction over a Super Bowl is a reflection of who he is. In those things most dear to our own hearts, I believe most of us would rather be immortalized for personal excellence than be an anonymous member of a team accomplishment.

Even so, anyone (including LJ) would confess that the thrill of winning it all within the team concept may be the most exciting and satisfying moment of any athelete's life. But it is also reasonable to understand how someone that has a very high standard for themself would be motivated by those things which they can accomplish via their own attributes.

Which also makes it easier for me to understand why Johnson's pride will not allow him to accept that his commitment to personal excellence was being derailed because of a pissing match between Dick Vermeil & Carl Peterson. Let's face it. While Chris Brown was making his mark in Tennessee, LJ was getting screwed. The Titans would have rather had LJ.

You know, ever since I was a kid I would always wish that the Chiefs would be one of those lucky teams that got a great player late in the first round. You know what I mean? It's a neat story how Marino was the last of the five quarterbacks taken that year. We are always the one that gets Todd Blackledge. For once, I want to be the one that gets Dan Marino.

I'm thinking that LJ is possibly that guy. It's always a long shot but nobody can say that it doesn't look like he has what it takes. I think the pride he takes in personal excellence (ala Priest and Marcus) is part of what gives him that chance to be special.

Digital Takawira
12-17-2004, 06:17 PM
The right move would be to keep Priest Holmes

http://funfreepages.com/albums/classic/captain_obvious.jpg

STLRAMS39
12-17-2004, 06:45 PM
i would trade that overatted milf

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-17-2004, 06:47 PM
i would trade that overatted milf
Are you back sweetheart? Asshole finally stop burning after yesterday's gang rape?

Why doesn't it surprise me that you would want to have sexual relations with Priest???

STLRAMS39
12-17-2004, 06:48 PM
good one, but the jayhawks suck assss, MIZ-SCREW KU

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-17-2004, 06:50 PM
I think we've got the best of both worlds right now.

Priest is the #1 man obviously, but LJ is proving that he's more than an adequate fill-in plus the RBOTF.

Now, if we only had a QBOTF (or a defense, but that's another thread)

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-17-2004, 06:51 PM
good one, but the jayhawks suck assss, MIZ-SCREW KU
ROFL ROFL

oh my God. You're not actually gonna use the MU can beat KU line are you?! MU....you do realize how bad that whole program is....right???

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

STLRAMS39
12-17-2004, 06:54 PM
do u realize how bad ur program is?

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-17-2004, 06:56 PM
do u realize how bad ur program is?
#2 Nationally girlfriend.

Wow.... this is just too easy.

Is this your first time trying to talk smack?

STLRAMS39
12-17-2004, 06:58 PM
good comeback pal, how long did that one tak you?