PDA

View Full Version : September 11 conspiracy theorist offers prize

|Zach|
12-17-2004, 02:38 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20041215/od_uk_nm/oukoe_life_conspiracy

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Jimmy Walter has spent more than $3 million (1.5 million pounds) promoting a conspiracy theory the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States were "an inside job" and he is offering more cash to anyone who proves him wrong.

The millionaire activist is so convinced of a government cover-up he is offering a $100,000 reward to any engineering student who can prove the World Trade Centre buildings crashed the way the government says.

"Of course, we expect no winners," Walter, 57, heir to an $11 million fortune from his father's home building business, said in a telephone interview from California on Wednesday.

He said a panel of expert engineers would judge submissions from the students.

Next month, he also launches a nationwide contest seeking alternative theories from college and high school students about why New York's World Trade Centre collapsed. The contest offers $10,000 to the best alternative theory, with 100 runner-up awards of $1,000. Winners will be chosen next June.

The World Trade Centre's twin towers were destroyed after hijackers slammed two commercial airliners into them. The attack in New York killed 2,749 people.

Various official investigations give no credence to Walter's theory. A September 11 commission spokesman did not return calls seeking comment.

Walter insists there had to be explosives planted in the twin towers to cause them to fall as they did, and also rejects the official explanation for the damage done at the Pentagon (news - web sites).

"We have all the proof," said Walter, citing videotapes and testimony from witnesses.

"It wasn't 19 screw-ups from Saudi Arabia who couldn't pass flight school who defeated the United States with a set of box cutters," he said. He dismissed the official September 11 commission report, saying, "I don't trust any of these 'facts.'"

Walter has spent millions of dollars to bolster support for his case, running full-page ads in The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, The New Yorker and Newsweek, as well as alternative newspapers and 30-second TV spots.

He points to a Zogby poll he commissioned last summer that showed 66 percent of New Yorkers wanted the 9/11 investigation reopened.

Walter has spent about 30 percent of his net worth on his efforts.

"I am a patriot fighting the real traitors who are destroying our democracy. I resent it when they call me delusional," he said

Donger
12-17-2004, 02:43 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20041215/od_uk_nm/oukoe_life_conspiracy

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Jimmy Walter has spent more than $3 million (1.5 million pounds) promoting a conspiracy theory the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States were "an inside job" and he is offering more cash to anyone who proves him wrong.

The millionaire activist is so convinced of a government cover-up he is offering a $100,000 reward to any engineering student who can prove the World Trade Centre buildings crashed the way the government says.

"Of course, we expect no winners," Walter, 57, heir to an $11 million fortune from his father's home building business, said in a telephone interview from California on Wednesday.

He said a panel of expert engineers would judge submissions from the students.

Next month, he also launches a nationwide contest seeking alternative theories from college and high school students about why New York's World Trade Centre collapsed. The contest offers $10,000 to the best alternative theory, with 100 runner-up awards of $1,000. Winners will be chosen next June.

The World Trade Centre's twin towers were destroyed after hijackers slammed two commercial airliners into them. The attack in New York killed 2,749 people.

Various official investigations give no credence to Walter's theory. A September 11 commission spokesman did not return calls seeking comment.

Walter insists there had to be explosives planted in the twin towers to cause them to fall as they did, and also rejects the official explanation for the damage done at the Pentagon (news - web sites).

"We have all the proof," said Walter, citing videotapes and testimony from witnesses.

"It wasn't 19 screw-ups from Saudi Arabia who couldn't pass flight school who defeated the United States with a set of box cutters," he said. He dismissed the official September 11 commission report, saying, "I don't trust any of these 'facts.'"

Walter has spent millions of dollars to bolster support for his case, running full-page ads in The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, The New Yorker and Newsweek, as well as alternative newspapers and 30-second TV spots.

He points to a Zogby poll he commissioned last summer that showed 66 percent of New Yorkers wanted the 9/11 investigation reopened.

Walter has spent about 30 percent of his net worth on his efforts.

"I am a patriot fighting the real traitors who are destroying our democracy. I resent it when they call me delusional," he said

So, let's see.

He thinks that explosives brought down the WTC? Did they just happen to go off at precisely the moment the two planes hit the towers? They would have had to, right, because I didn't see any other explosions after the planes hit.

Taco John
12-17-2004, 02:57 PM
I've seen this theory before... I wish I could find the website that goes over the video evidence that something fishy was going on. I thought it was pretty inconclusive, however one of the videos about the surrounding buildings that fell left me a little uneasy...

Radar Chief
12-17-2004, 03:00 PM
I've seen this theory before... I wish I could find the website that goes over the video evidence that something fishy was going on. I thought it was pretty inconclusive, however one of the videos about the surrounding buildings that fell left me a little uneasy...

There was actually an interesting conspiracy theory put together that the pentagon was actually struck by a missile, not an airliner.
It was posted on this board once and if the damn search feature worked Id repost it.

elvomito
12-17-2004, 03:13 PM
i think i remember someone saying that explosives were used after the fact to bring it down in a more controlled fashion, to spare buildings around it. i don't know if they meant the main 2 buildings or some surrounding it. anyway, http://www.snopes.com/ should have something about it.

search
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&as_qdr=all&q=missile+site%3Achiefsplanet.com+wtc

Taco John
12-17-2004, 03:14 PM
I can't find the link anymore... But the theory, as it was, was that buildings could not collapse into their own footprint, in perfect symmetry unless there was a specific system of explosives installed for that very purpose.

Dave Lane
12-17-2004, 03:27 PM
There was actually an interesting conspiracy theory put together that the pentagon was actually struck by a missile, not an airliner.
It was posted on this board once and if the damn search feature worked Id repost it.

Yeah I posted it I don't remember where I got it though it was pretty cool.

Dave

Radar Chief
12-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah I posted it I don't remember where I got it though it was pretty cool.

Dave

http://thunderbay.indymedia.org/news/2004/09/15325_comment.php#Preloader

Here ya go, check this out.

jAZ
12-17-2004, 03:40 PM
This is better than the "it was a missle, not a plane" theory.

Those guys made a great video, but avoided explaining what happened to all the people that disappeared after their plane never made it to its final destination.

Donger
12-17-2004, 03:48 PM
http://thunderbay.indymedia.org/news/2004/09/15325_comment.php#Preloader

Here ya go, check this out.

Interesting.

But, if no plane struck the Pentagon, what happened to all the people that died on that flight? They and their family members are all part of the conspiracy, right?

Also, there was a video (albeit very brief) that showed the aircraft hit the Pentagon.

Donger
12-17-2004, 03:53 PM
I can't find the link anymore... But the theory, as it was, was that buildings could not collapse into their own footprint, in perfect symmetry unless there was a specific system of explosives installed for that very purpose.

Again, two points.

1. If explosives actually did take down the towers, they went off precisely when the two planes hit. Possible but highly doubtful. Also, the explosives had to be placed precisely where the planes hit. Pretty darn good flying by "19 screw-ups from Saudi Arabia who couldn't pass flight school."

2. Have you ever seen those documentaries about the building demolition experts? Taking down a building predictably is no easy feat and requires a tremedous amount of planning and execution. To suggest that this could have been accomplished without being noticed is ridiculous. Unless, of course, the folks that worked withinthe towers were in on the conspiracy and, of course, their own deaths.

Bwana
12-17-2004, 04:01 PM
The clown needs one of these.........

|Zach|
12-17-2004, 04:07 PM
The clown needs one of these.........
Hey I want one.