PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's lookin' out for us...

KcMizzou
12-17-2004, 05:46 PM
My two boys were involved in a car accident this morning. Their sitter flipped her Ford Explorer, and it landed on it's side.

I had given my youngest boy 2 one dollar bills, and four quarters to spend at the school's little christmas store. (everything's $1.00) I guess Alex dropped his quarters, Kelli leaned over to get them, and when she did she cranked the wheel.... They hit a post, which bent down and lifted the front of the SUV.

They came out of it with hardley a scratch. The 7 yr old has a minor cut on his hand, and the 6 yr old has a raspberry on his cheek that looks like a rug burn. They were pretty shook up... but a couple hours later it all seemed like a big adventure to them.

I think I'm the only one still shook up about it. (other than the driver, that is..) It'd kill me if something happened to them. Thank God...

|Zach|
12-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Oh my god...Brandon...I am so glad everything is ok. Sorry you had to go through that...

Thinking about you buddy.

ENDelt260
12-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Glad everyone's okay.

KcMizzou
12-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys...

I still can't understand how you flip an explorer in a 30 mph zone, while making a 90 degree turn. I'm also a little irritated that the 6 yr old wasn't told to fasten his seat belt (although I've told him enough that he should know better).. and he was in the front seat.

Oh well.. No harm done. I'll just have to make sure he learned a lesson from it.

Skip Towne
12-17-2004, 05:53 PM
That could have been a real bummer. I'm glad everyone is OK.

Cochise
12-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Glad they are ok, that will make you extra thankful this holiday season...

Saulbadguy
12-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Thank goodness. Glad everyone is ok.

Donger
12-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys...

I still can't understand how you flip an explorer in a 30 mph zone, while making a 90 degree turn. I'm also a little irritated that the 6 yr old wasn't told to fasten his seat belt (although I've told him enough that he should know better).. and he was in the front seat.

Oh well.. No harm done. I'll just have to make sure he learned a lesson from it.

Glad to hear your critters are okay.

BTW, it's really not hard to roll an SUV, even at 25 mph.

tk13
12-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Wow, glad to hear everyone's alright.

bogie
12-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh my. How old is the sitter? I know it was an accident, but I would hesitate letting her drive your children. And no seat belt!!!!! That's totally unacceptable. Your child might forget to fasten it, but the sitter should never, ever forget something as important as that. This has always been one of my biggest fears. I hate it when my child's life is in the hands of others. It only takes one bone head mistake. I glad your kids are okay.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-17-2004, 06:09 PM
I know I'd go nuts if something like that happened to mine. Glad they're ok.

stevieray
12-17-2004, 06:10 PM
I know the feeling.

glad to hear everybody is ok.

Phobia
12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Kids are resilient. I was in a car accident as a youngster - 3 adults spent multiple days in the hospital.

My injuries? I popped the buttons off my overalls and was bored out of my mind waiting for them to pull my mother and her friends out of the wreckage.

Glad to hear yours are fine, Brandon.

Rain Man
12-17-2004, 06:30 PM
I'm glad to hear everyone's okay, kcmizzou. The good news is that you can probably get out of paying the babysitter bill for that day.

Just FYI, unless your kids are unusually large, they should be seat belted, but also in a booster seat. If you put a typical 6- or 7 year-old in a seat belt without a booster seat, a crash can dislocate their spine and/or cause serious internal injuries. That's still probably better than what would happen without a belt at all, but it's still bad.

FloridaChief
12-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Let me add to the tediousness by adding that Im glad everyone's okay, Brandon...

|Zach|
12-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Let me add to the tediousness by adding that Im glad everyone's okay, Brandon...
Ya right, if you were really sincere about that you would have been oen of the first 3 or 4 to respond.

:p

Nzoner
12-17-2004, 06:40 PM
I'll just have to make sure he learned a lesson from it.

Good to hear the boys are okay Brandon.

As for the lesson,put a note under the tree from Santa next week saying there was one less present because he didn't buckle up. ;)

Tell them I said Merry Christmas and to you too.

FloridaChief
12-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Ya right, if you were really sincere about that you would have been oen of the first 3 or 4 to respond.

:p

And I would have been if the [ahem]...usual suspects hadn't post-whored this thread before I found it...

Sure-Oz
12-17-2004, 06:57 PM
I am glad everyone is ok, man that could've been scary!

bogie
12-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Sorry, I can't get this thread out of my mind. The kid that didn't buckle his seat belt is not the only person KcMizzou should be discussing this with. If he plans to keep the baby sitter, that's the person that he needs to have a very strong conversation with. Kc your kids were VERY lucky this time thank God. Take that baby sitter out back to the wood shed and open up a big ole can of whoopass on her/him. Make sure he/she is aware that this sheat is never going to happen again with your kids.

KcMizzou
12-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Sorry, I can't get this thread out of my mind. The kid that didn't buckle his seat belt is not the only person KcMizzou should be discussing this with. If he plans to keep the baby sitter, that's the person that he needs to have a very strong conversation with. Kc your kids were VERY lucky this time thank God. Take that baby sitter out back to the wood shed and open up a big ole can of whoopass on her/him. Make sure he/she is aware that this sheat is never going to happen again with your kids. Oh yeah... believe me.. we've talked about it. When I talked to the paramedics, the first thing they said was, "Thank God they were wearing seatbelts." Then when I actually talked to my son, he said he wasn't. I asked the sitter, and she didn't know. (He was sitting next to her in the front seat.)

I don't let the boys ride in the front. I've just always heard that they shouldn't, when they're that young. I hadn't thought about being pissed until I talked to my mom, who went from getting teary to angry in about 30 seconds. She was a police dispatcher for years, and still works for the NKCPD. She mentioned how easy it is for a child to be thrown out of the vehicle and rolled over... and suggested that I "chew some ass"

I asked how the hell she didn't know wether he was buckled up or not, when he was right next to her.. and she said she honestly didn't think about it. She went on to say that it'll never happen again.. and I'm sure it won't. Everybody involved learned a lesson today... we all got off very, very lucky.

bogie
12-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah... believe me.. we've talked about it. When I talked to the paramedics, the first thing they said was, "Thank God they were wearing seatbelts." Then when I actually talked to my son, he said he wasn't. I asked the sitter, and she didn't know. (He was sitting next to her in the front seat.)

I don't let the boys ride in the front. I've just always heard that they shouldn't, when they're that young. I hadn't thought about being pissed until I talked to my mom, who went from getting teary to angry in about 30 seconds. She was a police dispatcher for years, and still works for the NKCPD. She mentioned how easy it is for a child to be thrown out of the vehicle and rolled over... and suggested that I "chew some ass"

I asked how the hell she didn't know wether he was buckled up or not, when he was right next to her.. and she said she honestly didn't think about it. She went on to say that it'll never happen again.. and I'm sure it won't. Everybody involved learned a lesson today... we all got off very, very lucky.

Thank you. Now I can relax.

PastorMikH
12-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Sorry to hear about the wreck but am GLAD YOUR BOYS ARE ALRIGHT!!!

ENDelt260
12-17-2004, 07:27 PM
The good news is that you can probably get out of paying the babysitter bill for that day.

Haha. Can always count on Rain Man for the silver lining.

Skip Towne
12-17-2004, 07:29 PM
And I would have been if the [ahem]...usual suspects hadn't post-whored this thread before I found it...
You're just pissed 'cause you got out post-whored.

FloridaChief
12-17-2004, 07:55 PM
You're just pissed 'cause you got out post-whored.

...so said the old post whore.

badgirl
12-17-2004, 09:33 PM
I just read this thread and I thank God your kids are fine. MY god it could have been a tragedy, Thank the Lord that he knew your baby sitter was a little irresponsible and kept his hand on your children. I have worked in the hospital and I have saw some terrible stuff , but if my kids got the least bit hurt I would go into a frenzy!! I am so happy for you and your family that everything turned out ok :thumb:

Frazod
12-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Yikes. That's scary.

Glad your kids are okay. :thumb:

Braincase
12-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Glad everybody is OK.

Lzen
12-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Glad to hear they are all okay. I don't know what I would do if I lost my little angels.

Bowser
12-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Very good to hear everyone is doing fine.

Sorry about the three years you lost off the end of your life from the stress that's involved!

KcMizzou
12-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Glad to hear they are all okay. I don't know what I would do if I lost my little angels. Yeah... for about 20 minutes I was terrified. I was watching the sitter's baby, and I didn't have a car seat. I knocked on the neighbor's door.. to ask if I could borrow hers, but she wasn't home. I had the little guy all dressed up and wrapped in a blanket, when the paramedics called. I was going to walk up there. It happened about 6 blocks from my place.

They said that the boys were fine, and that (in their opinion) they didn't really need to go to a hospital. They offered to give them a free ride home in the ambulance, and told me to just watch them really close... and take them to emergency room if they complained about anything.

I damn near fell all over myself thanking them... I was just happy as hell to have them back at home a few minutes later.

TheNextStep
12-18-2004, 12:09 AM
My two boys were involved in a car accident this morning. Their sitter flipped her Ford Explorer, and it landed on it's side.

I had given my youngest boy 2 one dollar bills, and four quarters to spend at the school's little christmas store. (everything's $1.00) I guess Alex dropped his quarters, Kelli leaned over to get them, and when she did she cranked the wheel.... They hit a post, which bent down and lifted the front of the SUV.

They came out of it with hardley a scratch. The 7 yr old has a minor cut on his hand, and the 6 yr old has a raspberry on his cheek that looks like a rug burn. They were pretty shook up... but a couple hours later it all seemed like a big adventure to them.

I think I'm the only one still shook up about it. (other than the driver, that is..) It'd kill me if something happened to them. Thank God...

Hold them tight and thank God that they're okay, man. I'm glad that nobody was seriously hurt.

KCJake
12-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Good to see everyone is ok!