PDA

View Full Version : Night Crew

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 10:13 PM
It's a busy night in the city... the baby found in Nodaway County, a fatal car accident in Overland Park... wow. And it's not even midnight.

What's going on in the worlds of those that hit the board late at night?

My favorite post of the moment: Caption This: Jacko... too bad nobody's posting.

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 10:16 PM
I heard Anna Nicole's tour bus is at Hellraiser Choppers in Lenexa... anybody care?

Bowser
12-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Resident film critic, huh?

What movies have you seen lately that you would recommend?

Count Zarth
12-17-2004, 10:18 PM
I just kicked some Rhun ass in Battle for Middle-Earth.

tk13
12-17-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm working hard. Santa wants these damn toys done by next week. I really want to be a dentist, but this grungy-ass Rip Torn wannabe keeps riding my ass about making these stupid toys, so I'm doing it. Later I'm gonna go hang out with my good friend Yukon and we're gonna go slay some Yeti or something.

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Resident film critic, huh?

What movies have you seen lately that you would recommend?
If you're a fan of the stage play, The Phantom of the Opera, it's alright... not as good as the stage play, but decent nonetheless. Joel Schumacher (director) is great at getting out a product with truly first rate production quality and this is no different. IMO, Schumacher's work is great as long as he says no less than 1 mile away from anything resembling a Batman script. [EDIT: Phantom doesn't open till Wednesday]

Ocean's 12 is a lot of fun... not a great film, but great entertainment, and hey... isn't that why we actually go to the movies?

Closer is strange... great script, taken from the stage play and adapted. If it tells you something, I wrote my review four times before scrapping it and telling the newspaper I wasn't going to review it. I just couldn't come up with a review up to my standards... and that's not very high. But I think I like it... I need a second viewing.

Logical
12-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Fire me boy

Do you have a mini-review of

Flight of the Phoenix

?

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Fire me boy

Flight of the Phoenix

?
Bastards at 20th Century Fox didn't send me a screener.... :cuss:

Bowser
12-17-2004, 10:24 PM
If you're a fan of the stage play, The Phantom of the Opera, it's alright... not as good as the stage play, but decent nonetheless. Joel Schumacher (director) is great at getting out a product with truly first rate production quality and this is no different. IMO, Schumacher's work is great as long as he says no less than 1 mile away from anything resembling a Batman script.

Ocean's 12 is a lot of fun... not a great film, but great entertainment, and hey... isn't that why we actually go to the movies?

Closer is strange... great script, taken from the stage play and adapted. If it tells you something, I wrote my review four times before scrapping it and telling the newspaper I wasn't going to review it. I just couldn't come up with a review up to my standards... and that's not very high. But I think I like it... I need a second viewing.

Agree on Oceans 12. Good popcorn flick.

I want to see Closer. From what I have read it is dark in a subtle way, but very well done.

Count Zarth
Also tomorrow I am going to get my dog after not seeing the bitch for like a month. She is now a lean, mean bird retrieving machine.

2bikemike
Fire me boy

Flight of the Phoenix

?

I watched the old one about a week ago. It was ok!

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Agree on Oceans 12. Good popcorn flick.

I want to see Closer. From what I have read it is dark in a subtle way, but very well done.
That's very true... subtly dark? Is that a word? Subtly? Anyway, good production, just different and difficult to review.

I'm nervous about Flight of the Phoenix... I'm a HUGE fan of the original and am getting REALLY FRICKIN' TIRED of THM (The Hollywood Machine) churning out nothing but remakes... come up with something different. I have a half-dozen scripts no one wants and while they may not be great scripts, they're great ideas that no one wants... that's why I started my own production company. THM can piss up a rope.

:p

Count Zarth
12-17-2004, 10:29 PM
I'm nervous about Flight of the Phoenix... I'm a HUGE fan of the original and am getting REALLY FRICKIN' TIRED of THM (The Hollywood Machine) churning out nothing but remakes... come up with something different.

I agree. I kind of cringed when I saw the preview the first time. I need to go get the original on DVD or something.

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 10:30 PM
I watched the old one about a week ago. It was ok!
OK?!?!? JUST OK?!?!?!? :banghead:

Seriously, just screwing around... but it is one of my favorites... love it!

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 10:32 PM
I agree. I kind of cringed when I saw the preview the first time. I need to go get the original on DVD or something.
I cringe a lot nowadays... now, I'm a little different from most critics... at least I'll admit that I'm a movie snob. I'm picky, and consequently, tend to watch everything with a critic's eye, but I do have the ability to turn the critic in my off and just watch a film... it's easier now than it was when I first started reviewing four years ago.

tommykat
12-17-2004, 10:39 PM
http://ky3.com/newsdetailed.asp?id=7241

Count Zarth
12-17-2004, 10:40 PM

Way to kill the thread.

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 10:41 PM
One person charged... tried to take the baby home to her own husband and pass it off as theirs! I'm not making this up, I swear! That's what all the KC stations reported (I work for one of them).

tommykat
12-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Way to kill the thread.

OOPS........didn't read all...........so sue me....lol...I have nothing.:cuss:FAULKER

TheNextStep
12-17-2004, 11:07 PM
My birthday came and went so I finally saw the third Harry Potter movie.

I honestly don't know what the f*** people are thinking to say that it is the best of the three because I thought that it was far and away the worst. Character development sucked (Sirius Black, Professor Lupin), they made previously interesting characters one-dimensional (Professor Snape, Malfoy), and the decision to go away from the uniforms and show the characters predominantly in street clothes took away from the charm of the earlier movies.

I'm your typical snob who says, "it wasn't as good as the book" (because they never are), but if I've read the book, I go into the movie knowing that it won't live up to it... but this was the first of this series that I said, "this doesn't even come close to doing it justice."

Total disappointment.

TheNextStep
12-18-2004, 01:49 AM
This makes post #21. Fire Me Boy! you have officially started the lamest night crew thread ever.

Fire Me Boy!
12-18-2004, 01:54 AM
This makes post #21. Fire Me Boy! you have officially started the lamest night crew thread ever.
I know! Usually my night crew threads rule the night... I blame tommykat for posting the link to the murdered pregnant lady...

:p

TheNextStep
12-18-2004, 01:59 AM
I had not clicked the link. Now that you've described it to me, I too blame tommykat. We night crew folks like laughter, not tears...

Fire Me Boy!
12-18-2004, 02:03 AM
I had not clicked the link. Now that you've described it to me, I too blame tommykat. We night crew folks like laughter, not tears...
It's a really sick story... click if you want, it's a pretty short story, but just wrong.

Skidmore's an f-d up town... 20-some years ago someone gunned down the town bully and no one would point to the shooter, even though 40 people were there and witnessed it. To this day, no one has even been arrested in the murder.

I had a high school teacher from there and remembers it... messed up town.

There's an interesting thread as a sidebar to this story... it's an interesting read.

But this story has nothing to do with a f-d up town and everything to do with an f-d up crazy lady who wanted a baby.

On to the laughter!!!!

Brando
12-18-2004, 02:15 AM
I actually have to agree with USERNAMECHIEFSBRET Bobafart on this one.
I was hoping to tear into some funny shiat and then I read that. UGH. Quick..someone..FART JOKE PRONTO!

Rausch
12-18-2004, 02:19 AM
I'm sure plenty are still up and around...

Fire Me Boy!
12-18-2004, 02:27 AM
One day, a little boy wrote to Santa Claus, "Please send me a sister."
Santa Clause wrote him back, "Ok, send me your mother."

Fire Me Boy!
12-18-2004, 02:29 AM
One afternoon a carpet layer had just finished installing carpet for a lady. He stepped out for a smoke, only to realize that he had lost his cigarettes. In the middle of the room, under the carpet, was a bump.

"No sense pulling up the entire floor for one pack of smokes," the carpet layer said to himself. So, he got out his hammer and flattened the hump.

As he was cleaning up, the lady came in. "Here," she said, handing him his pack of cigarettes. "I found them in the hallway." "Now," she said, "if only I could find my parakeet."

Brando
12-18-2004, 02:40 AM
This one is from TK

Why does Ron Artest leave Pacers games early?

So that he can beat the crowd!

Fairplay
12-18-2004, 03:58 AM
This one is from TK

Why does Ron Artest leave Pacers games early?

So that he can beat the crowd!

Good one, i'll have to remember that joke.