PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton says Blaylock probably won't play on Sunday.

John_Wayne
12-17-2004, 10:48 PM
1. LJ is going to be THE man! He'll have no excuses now.
2. Will Easy play? Is he injured?
3. It's up to T Rich and LJ. We won't as much speed, but we'll have alot of beef in the backfield.

Count Zarth
12-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Meh. LJ is faster than Priest.

I think LJ will bring something extra to our short-yardage plays too. Pound the rock up in there for the first down.

LTownChief
12-17-2004, 10:51 PM

I think LJ will bring something extra to our short-yardage plays too. Pound the rock up in there for the first down.

whatever, Priest Holmes and T-Rich are the best in the business in short yardage situations.

Count Zarth
12-17-2004, 10:52 PM
whatever, Priest Holmes and T-Rich are the best in the business in short yardage situations.

LJ has more power than any back in KC since Okoye.

royr17
12-17-2004, 10:53 PM
yea thats called 228 and 232 lbs in the backfield with equals up to 460 lbs. in the backfield.

tommykat
12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
LJ has more power than any back in KC since Okoye.

:spock: Don't get me wrong LJ is fast! But TRADERS WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL???? Priest broke so many records in Chiefs history.....why are you all done on him? FOOLS

OldTownChief
12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Should be interesting. We've been waiting all season to see if LJ can carry the load. Bring on the pressure on the kid and we'll see what he's got.

OldTownChief
12-17-2004, 10:58 PM
:spock: Don't get me wrong LJ is fast! But TRADERS WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL???? Priest broke so many records in Chiefs history.....why are you all done on him? FOOLS

Priest is the man for sure TK but we need a look at the future.

Count Zarth
12-17-2004, 11:04 PM

We're not. If you hadn't noticed he's out for the season. LJ is starting and he DOES have more power than any other RB in KC since Okoye. What is the problem?

2bikemike
12-17-2004, 11:06 PM
This will definately be LJ's sounding board for his abilities. Denver has a pretty good D.

With all the smack coming from Denver about our O-line being cheaters I think they will be out to prove something. I hope LJ kicks ass this weekend. We are going to need all of our Offensive weapons to overcome our lousy D even if we are facing Plummerception.

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Coyer calling out the refs on our O-line is going to bite them in the ass, just like DV complaining about holding non-calls on Tony G... I look for defensive holding out of the gate against Denver.

OldTownChief
12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
even if we are facing Plummerception.

If I see someone flatten that pussy's ass on his first bootleg my life will be complete.

tommykat
12-17-2004, 11:37 PM
We're not. If you hadn't noticed he's out for the season. LJ is starting and he DOES have more power than any other RB in KC since Okoye. What is the problem?

Problem? None, just a statement was all.

FOOOOOOOOOO CHIT ON U :cuss:

Count Zarth
12-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Problem? None, just a statement was all.

FOOOOOOOOOO CHIT ON U :cuss:

Your statement had little to do with quoting my post. It just seemed odd is all.

tommykat
12-17-2004, 11:39 PM
This will definately be LJ's sounding board for his abilities. Denver has a pretty good D.

With all the smack coming from Denver about our O-line being cheaters I think they will be out to prove something. I hope LJ kicks ass this weekend. We are going to need all of our Offensive weapons to overcome our lousy D even if we are facing Plummerception.

:thumb: Dang right Mike!

OldTownChief
12-17-2004, 11:41 PM
TK I doubt you could find anyone in here with a brain that would argue that Priest is not the best back on our football team.

bringbackmarty
12-18-2004, 12:28 AM
WE need to dictate the tempo of the game, it's that simple. If we let droghns, griffen, and buttcrack boy go unchecked, at all, we could be in for a long day. we gotta blow up the running plays, and contain the boot. Get in plummers face while he is still in the pocket. Dictate the offensive tempo with the running game, and get gonzales involved in the red zone. That said they are desperate and the rat will find a way to run on us. We must be chill, and fuct hey ass up with the bomb to k-money in the qfo with jus a few ticks on the tock. kinnay mofo.

bringbackmarty
12-18-2004, 12:29 AM
priest is the best back in the history of the nfl, you will see.

el borracho
12-18-2004, 01:10 AM
I would love to see Johnson get some passes out in the flat, a-la Kimble Anders. I also hope we get to see Wilson this game.

Wichita Lineman
12-18-2004, 05:30 AM
LJ may prove to be the running back of the future but don't make any mistake guys he's no Priest Holmes.HE may be good we'll see but we do know he's a self serving crybaby and you can't deny that.

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 05:42 AM
WE need to dictate the tempo of the game, it's that simple. If we let droghns, griffen, and buttcrack boy go unchecked, at all, we could be in for a long day. we gotta blow up the running plays, and contain the boot. Get in plummers face while he is still in the pocket. Dictate the offensive tempo with the running game, and get gonzales involved in the red zone. That said they are desperate and the rat will find a way to run on us. We must be chill, and fuct hey ass up with the bomb to k-money in the qfo with jus a few ticks on the tock. kinnay mofo.

Either it took you two hours to compose that post, or you get drunk faster than any human in history.

penchief
12-18-2004, 06:08 AM

Agreed. LJ has done very well getting first downs when called upon. Logical made a comment about LJ's average, less his two long runs, in the Titans game. What he didn't mention is that two of his first three carries were on 3rd down and 4 yards to go. Johnson picked both of those first downs up while working in heavy traffic.

He is very good.

FloridaChief
12-18-2004, 06:25 AM

Post Of The Year Nominee.

penchief
12-18-2004, 06:54 AM
TK I doubt you could find anyone in here with a brain that would argue that Priest is not the best back on our football team.

I agree 100%. I love Priest Holmes. He is a running back's running back. He's not blessed with great speed but he utilizes all of his attributes to their fullest. He's smart, agressive, and runs in traffic better than anyone in the game today. I even think he is durable for the kind of hard running he does. If he had more speed he might have been a more efficient version of Barry Sanders (without all that sideline to sideline stuff). He's certainly as good as Emmit ever was. Ed Podolack (sentimental favorite), Priest Holmes, and Terry Metcalf (Eric's daddy) are my three favorite backs of all time.

However, Johnson brings something big to the table. A home run threat at RB. His performance last week already has Denver's defensive coordinator worried. It's something they didn't plan on having to deal with.

Plus, he just MIGHT be the fastest guy on the team. Blaylock has never given us any reason to believe he would have made it outside the entire defense, outran the defender's angles, and went untouched to the endzone the way LJ did on his first TD. I mean, that was Bo Jacksonish or even Ricky Wattersish.

He's no TRich but he also runs with power. So far, he has a pretty good record picking up first downs when called upon. In fact, out of all his seven carries against Tennessee, I thought his first carry was the prettiest. It was that 3rd and 4 where it lookied like the defense shut off the sideline. Just when your thought he was gonna get shoved out of bounds, he somehow found room to get around two or three defenders and shot up field much farther than I thought possible. I didn't know he could do that. That showed that he can be pretty nifty, too.

Just like Priest Holmes or Marcus Allen, LJ has a lot of personal pride. He's going to work hard. His performance is important to him. It's obvious that he loves to play football. He possesses the mentality that some of the great backs in the NFL have shown. There is a potential here that no one can really guage yet.

At least give Johnson credit for making the rest of this season more interesting. His play inspired our team to victory the last two games. In the Titans game, the defense played with more emotion after each of LJ's TD runs, IMO. Now, we are intrigued and excited because we want to know if we have a big-time game-breaking running back on our hands or just another journeyman.

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 07:07 AM
Either it took you two hours to compose that post, or you get drunk faster than any human in history.
SD currently holds the record at 9 minutes.

StcChief
12-18-2004, 07:10 AM
This is LJ's test against a decent run Defense.
He seems to be running smarter than earlier in the year.

Big test for him, if he's successful we should win this.

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 07:11 AM
I agree 100%. I love Priest Holmes. He is a running back's running back. He's not blessed with great speed but he utilizes all of his attributes to their fullest. He's smart, agressive, and runs in traffic better than anyone in the game today. I even think he is durable for the kind of hard running he does. If he had more speed he might have been a more efficient version of Barry Sanders (without all that sideline to sideline stuff). He's certainly as good as Emmit ever was. Ed Podolack (sentimental favorite), Priest Holmes, and Terry Metcalf (Eric's daddy) are my three favorite backs of all time.

However, Johnson brings something big to the table. A home run threat at RB. His performance last week already has Denver's defensive coordinator worried. It's something they didn't plan on having to deal with.

Plus, he just MIGHT be the fastest guy on the team. Blaylock has never given us any reason to believe he would have made it outside the entire defense, outran the defender's angles, and went untouched to the endzone the way LJ did on his first TD. I mean, that was Bo Jacksonish or even Ricky Wattersish.

He's no TRich but he also runs with power. So far, he has a pretty good record picking up first downs when called upon. In fact, out of all his seven carries against Tennessee, I thought his first carry was the prettiest. It was that 3rd and 4 where it lookied like the defense shut off the sideline. Just when your thought he was gonna get shoved out of bounds, he somehow found room to get around two or three defenders and shot up field much farther than I thought possible. I didn't know he could do that. That showed that he can be pretty nifty, too.

Just like Priest Holmes or Marcus Allen, LJ has a lot of personal pride. He's going to work hard. His performance is important to him. It's obvious that he loves to play football. He possesses the mentality that some of the great backs in the NFL have shown. There is a potential here that no one can really guage yet.

At least give Johnson credit for making the rest of this season more interesting. His play inspired our team to victory the last two games. In the Titans game, the defense played with more emotion after each of LJ's TD runs, IMO. Now, we are intrigued and excited because we want to know if we have a big-time game-breaking running back on our hands or just another journeyman.
I've been waiting for the Bo Jackson comparison. There are similarities.

RedandGold
12-18-2004, 07:41 AM

From what I've seen so far, he also reminds me a bit of Eric Dickerson. Because of his size, he never looked like he was running very fast, but he was outrunning everyone else on the field.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how he does against Denver's defense.

:thumb:

RedNeckRaider
12-18-2004, 07:58 AM
If you guys are comparing him to Bo you must be talking baseball :p