PDA

View Full Version : Landmark: Off The Couch (Hall)

FloridaChief
12-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Getting to know the Chiefs' version of 'Leon'

Can you believe it? Larry Johnson and Neil Smith in the same OTC

Posted 12/16/04

•“I’m not a difficult player to coach but I’m a difficult player to lie to. And that’s exactly what I’ve been through here.”
Larry Johnson, in a Tuesday afternoon interview with Jason Whitlock following his second career 100-yard rushing game in Tennessee, 610 AM
GH: So you thought LJ had mellowed following his taste of NFL success? Think again. “Leon,” as he was dubbed here in the OTC months ago, might just be the most entertaining interview this town has seen since Glenn Mason regularly dissed Jayhawk football fans on his weekly Hawk Talk radio show. LJ ain’t backing down from anything he’s said, done or whined about – especially when it comes to the Chiefs coaching staff. Read on.

•“(My relationship with Dick Vermeil) is kinda hard. It’s like how me and Joe Paterno was (at Penn State). I respect him as a coach and he respects me as a player. And as long as we keep it at that pace, we’ll work well together.”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: Vermeil was seen laying a Dante Hall-like hug on LJ on the sideline after one of his TD scampers in Tennessee. But LJ didn’t look like he was as enthusiastic about the embrace as Daddy Dick.

•“Carl Peterson single-handedly picked me (in the draft).”
Larry Johnson, following his performance in Tennessee, 610 AM
GH: Translation: “It’s me, Carl (and my dad) against the world!”

•“This guy (Carl Peterson) was celebrating up in the press box like no one you’ve ever seen.”
Jason Whitlock, on how giddy King Carl was about Larry Johnson’s long TD runs, 610 AM
GH: Didn’t it seem a bit overly dramatic for King Carl to be waltzing around the Chiefs sideline in a love-hug with Dick Vermeil after the Chiefs won a 49-38 mess of a game that pitted two 4-8 teams? Where are Peterson’s priorities? Just a guess here but I doubt there were many Chiefs season ticket holders dancing around their television sets at midnight after watching the hometown team’s defense give up more acreage than when the French punted the Louisiana Territory.

•“Let’s at least say (Carl Peterson) deserves to be excited. The guy who he’s been called a moron for drafting just ran for over 100 yards in two straight games. Doesn’t he deserve to be a little happy?”
Soren Petro, 810 AM
GH: Peterson’s postseason record is so abysmal here in Kansas City he should be just as miserable as the rest of us Chiefs fans. Put Carl in a cubicle next to a Broncos fan and see how much dancing he does on the job.

•“Truthfully, (my relationship with Al Saunders) is really nonexistent. We don’t really talk much at all. That’s not his fault or my fault, that’s just the way it is. You know there’s just some people you don’t feel comfortable around or comfortable talking to and that’s the way it is. I’m not a kiss-ass person. That’s not how I was brought up to be. So that’s just the way it is. It’s him, me and he calls the plays and I run ‘em. That’s about how far our relationship is gonna go.”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: There might not be an easier guy to like or get along with in professional sports than Al Saunders. If Saunders doesn’t get along with Leon, Leon might not be worth knowing. But he is damn fine fodder for the OTC. I hope he sticks around and makes my job almost as easy as Neil Smith did.

•“This (Gunther Cunningham defensive) system works, and I’m going to tell you why it works. Because Gun is that type of guy, he get in the face of you. He have a defense that’s up the field and makes things happen hit people in the mouth! Get him some help! He needs some help on the defensive side!”
Neil Smith, Channel 9
GH: For Channel 9’s MNF pregame show they paired former Chiefs Tim Grunhard and Neil Smith with sports reporter Karen Kornacki as their host. Grunhard sounded like Aristotle next to Neil. Unfortunately, there were far too many live shots from Arrowhead where Laura Moritz was wearing 17 layers of winter clothing and not enough time spent translating Neilbonics. But Neil did have one more nugget for the OTC…

•“Well, I tell you what. The turning point, the turning play that I picked is was the Priest Holmes run when he went to the sidelines and actually got injured. The reason why I picked this play is because I think it really turned the whole season around for the Chiefs.”
Neil Smith, when asked to pick one play that served as a turning point for the Chiefs 2004 season, Channel 9
GH: Damn I miss Neil! If he were in my column every week it would turn my whole season around!

•“I’m not a talkative person but I’m not going to be a puppy and dance when you want me to dance. I’ve got a voice of my own and I’m going to voice it. If I see something is wrong, I’m going to voice it. A lot of people, they don’t like that and I think that’s the most problem in sports today. People see kids like me who has a million dollars and they think they’s supposed to do what they’s supposed to do and shut their mouth. I’m not one of those players.”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: Got that? Leon’s not Neil but he’s a damn fine substitute. Read on.

•“I was raised as a man before I was even a football player.”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: Contrary to the opinion of some, this is not Leon’s response to the Kansas edict preventing teaching the theory of evolution in schools.

•“I’m not going to stand there and let anybody back talk me or talk about me and try to discredit my manhood when it comes to me playing on the football field or me doing some other things.”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: No man wants his manhood discredited when doing “some other things.” That’ll turn your manhood into a scared turtle faster than you can say ‘Leon Redbone.’

•“Right now I don’t think I want to be traded because I’m kinda getting in the groove now. But if they keep Derrick (Blaylock), I gotta look for some other place to be. I’ve been paying my dues in college. I think now it’s time to go to the bank and cash in.”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: LJ spent 20 minutes talking to Whitlock and never once mentioned a team goal (like winning). He finally commented on his offensive blockers at the end of the interview but only after Whitlock said, “I’m sure you’d like to have a chance to mention your offensive line…”

•“Don’t say I can’t do it (pass block) because Trent Green was getting sacked long before I came to the Kansas City Chiefs. So don’t put that on me!”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: Leon makes me wish the season was just starting.

•“You never seem to take anything personal. Why is that?”
Jason Whitlock, without a hint of sarcasm in his voice, 610 AM
GH: Whitlock called LJ a cancer in the locker room earlier this year in The Star. LJ appears to have gotten over it. But Metro Sports’ Dave Stewart isn’t too high on Leon’s Christmas list. Read on.

•“When it (the criticism) gets too personal, like that dude on Metro Sports with the gray hair, I think him and me need to sit down and talk, because he got a real problem. Because I think there is some real disrespect going on there.”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: Since Stewart is the only dude with gray hair on Metro Sports, I’m guessing he’s the subject of Leon’s ire. It was much easier when the Chiefs players referred to Stewart as “The Church Lady.”

•“This is snot-nose’s (Larry Johnson) first real job and the worst thing that’s been said about him is that he needs to take his diapers off? Mistreated? FIVE MILLION DOLLARS! To say that this guy has been mistreated is the dumbest statement that’s been made in months. You know what? I’ve got to go throw up. …This guy is a piss-ant and a pantywaist.”
Soren Petro, 810 AM
GH: I’m not sure if Petro was calling Leon or the caller a piss-ant and a pantywaist but it was directed with passion.

•“If Derrick Blaylock would have had the good fortune in being in the game when those two long runs (by LJ) were called, he would have scored.”
Danny Clinkscale, 810 AM
GH: Diss Leon all you want about his words and actions but you have to give the dude his due. He showed some real breakaway speed and even some nice balance as he tip-toed the sideline. Saying Blaylock would have duplicated Leon’s runs is meaningless.

•“If ‘Leon’ doesn’t get to start next week then Dick Vermeil just really hates him.”
Danny Clinkscale, 810 AM
GH: This would be true.

•“It’s been an emphasis since we’ve been here (in Kansas City) – play well in the fourth quarter of the season.”
Dick Vermeil, 810 AM
GH: How dim is this guy? Have the arteries totally shut down above his clavicle? Playing well in the fourth quarter of a season where you’re 4-8 DOESN’T MEAN SQUAT!

•“This year when you say, ‘I’ll use it every day,’ you can say it with the utmost sincerity.”
Mercedes Benz radio ad
GH: This ad and the one where everyone is getting a Lexus for Christmas are two of my favorites to roll my eyes at. You want to give a gift that will ensure the gift-getter likes it? Buy ‘em a $50K automobile. Sure. May the raging Huns from that credit card ad find their way into the underwear of the ad writers who came up with these two commercials. Speaking of those Huns, do you think any of those guys can play corner?

•“As far as the sack dance, I’m open for suggestions. Just about everything’s been done.”
Jared Allen, Chiefs rookie defensive end, who was fined $5,000 earlier this year for a disco/hog-tying-like sack dance celebration, Channel 9
GH: Allen is closing in on Derrick Thomas’ rookie sack record and he’s looking for an appropriate sack dance to commemorate the milestone. I’ve got a few titles for Allen’s yet-to-be named sack dance that would properly “celebrate” the Chiefs’ defensive showing this season: 1) The Slapper, 2) We Be Yo Bitch, 3) Rufus Dawes

•“First of all, anytime we stop anybody over there (on defense) it’s a celebration. We’re just not very good over there.”
Dick Vermeil, Chiefs Radio Network

•“We’re going to put our guys on him and lock up on him man-to-man and may the best man win. That’s what you’re paid to do.”
Willie Pile, Chiefs reserve defensive back, when asked prior to the Tennessee game how the Chiefs defenders planned on stopping Drew Bennett, 610 AM
GH: Bennett caught 3 TDs and totaled 233 yards receiving against KC. The best man not only won, he probably made his first Pro Bowl thanks to the Chiefs.

•“I felt sorry for William Bartee. It literally got to the point where I didn’t want to watch anymore. It was like watching a disabled kid get beat up on the playground.”
Jason Whitlock, after watching Bennett destroy Bartee on MNF, 610 AM

•“Sports Bar Man, or Sports Talk Caller, is what Orwell referred to as the Sancho Panza type, who, he writes, covets ‘soft beds, no work, pots of beer, and women with ‘voluptuous’ figures.’”
Rufus Dawes, incognito Chiefs columnist and self-proclaimed media watchdog, kcchiefs.com
GH: Rufus’ column incited sports talk show hosts and callers last week and was eventually pulled and stricken from the Chiefs official website. But not before the OTC was able to snare a few quotes. Read on.

•“Sports Talk Caller has such a flimsy sense of self that he derives his identity from listening to or being heard on a radio station. He is capable of detached malevolent humor at the expense of others; indeed, he often relishes these experiences with his buddies. He is typically inarticulate, responding to the talk show host’s most outrageous and antagonistic comments.”
Rufus Dawes, kcchiefs.com
GH: Is Rufus describing sports talk radio callers or what goes on in the Chiefs locker room and front office?

•“For his part, the host, who enjoys hanging with Sports Talk Caller and who covets his approbation, seldom talks about issues preferring to stay right on the surface. When he does raise questions he does so most of the time without answering them himself. He more often hollers about what is wrong without suggesting a course of action short of firing someone. In short, he is the ultimate backseat driver who doesn’t have anything to say except that the current driver isn’t good enough.”
GH: The Chiefs current driver (aka Carl Peterson) isn’t good enough. Even Mike Murphy Caller can see that.

•“Sport was once thought to bring out the best in people. Sports talk radio does just the opposite. It delights in negativity; it tears down sports institutions and sports people.”
GH: When was it that sports brought out the best in people? Back when blacks were not allowed to participate in white-controlled America? Bad things are allowed to happen when no one is allowed to ask questions. One of the best things to happen to sports in America is the proliferation of sports talk radio. The fan, nay the customer, no longer has to be silent. Sports talk radio gives him a voice and a pulpit to allow him or her to be heard by those who need to hear. And the fact that Rufus exists on the Chiefs official website is proof that they are listening very attentively.

•“Carl (Peterson) had nothing to do with the decision (to pull the Rufus column). I don’t think he ever even read it.”
Bob Moore, Chiefs director of spin, in Jeffrey Flanagan’s column in The Kansas City Star
GH: Sure, Bob. And Carl doesn’t listen to sports talk radio either.

•“We did hear from them (WHB and KCSP). But I wouldn’t say we felt pressured into putting the column down. We’ve done that with other columns in the past, so it’s nothing new. To be honest, the calls we personally received about the column … most of the people agreed with the column.”
Bob Moore, Chiefs PR director, Kansas City Star
GH: Sure, Bob. How many times did you speed dial yourself…Uh, I mean Rufus? When Flanagan asked Moore how Rufus took the news that his/her/its column had been pulled he said, “We didn’t tell him.” At least they treat Rufus the same as they do Leon.

•“We know this, that Mitch Holthus and Bob Moore are both big Civil War buffs.”
Kevin Kietzman, guessing that one of these two is the real Rufus, 810 AM
GH: Mitch? Interesting.

•“I read Rufusssess column. He reminds me of the Sheriff in “South Park,” whose only ability is to put his arms up and declare everything is fine, and there is nothing to see here. While behind him, the town is getting stomped into Bolivian (thanks Mike Tyson). I heard at the Boston Tea Party, Ruttles was trying to tell people to stop, because they just don’t understand how tea is made. (I can’t believe I just analogized the Boston Tea Party). Ruffles should have chosen Art Vandalay as his name while he was at it. Rewfessess: “How dare you publicize the ‘Slapper’! Do you know how hard it is to play DB while intoxicated?!! If you think it’s easy giving up 30 points a game, then why don’t you play football!” “You just don’t understand how to watch football. And stop having expectations for your Chiefs’ season ticket dollar. Just send us your money and zip your trap or we will accidentally head slap you!” Did you know that Rufees has a few other jobs besides the Chefs? 1) He was a spokesman for Barry Bonds. It’s perfectly natural for someone’s head to grow after age 30 & we just don’t understand how the human body works. 2) He was a spokesman for the film “Ishtar” and more recently, “Alexander.” They are great movies and we just don’t understand how filmmaking works. 3) Stop me before I analogize again. Take care and I hope I get a Slapper Stocking Stuffer!”
OTC Reader Jason, Chicago

http://www.plattecountylandmark.com/ghall.htm

wazu
12-18-2004, 09:44 AM
I felt sorry for William Bartee. It literally got to the point where I didn’t want to watch anymore. It was like watching a disabled kid get beat up on the playground.”
Jason Whitlock, after watching Bennett destroy Bartee on MNF, 610 AM

ROFL

cash1000
12-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Leon is just exposing the Chiefs organization for what its really been under Carl Peterson not a hardworking blue collar unified football organizaton on a mission to win at all cost but a self-centered country club egotistical group of individuals whose ego and power-mongering have gotten in the way of what the true goal was supposed to be a trip to the Superbowl. They been better off running a tennis team or golf team.

Earthling
12-18-2004, 10:06 AM
As long as a person can back up what they say I guess they can say anything...So far LJ has produced the goods.

Braincase
12-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Is Hall as big an asshole in real life as he appears to be in his column?

KevB
12-18-2004, 11:01 AM
As long as a person can back up what they say I guess they can say anything...So far LJ has produced the goods.

C'mon man. You can't have your starting RB tearing down your head coach and offensive coordinator. He had the same issues with JoPa. He's trouble, and all he cares about is himself.

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 11:19 AM
I strongly suspect he is.

Alphaman
12-18-2004, 12:45 PM

LJ missed a blocking assignment against TB that got Green drilled. He got run over my the San Diego MLB and got Green drilled. He has produced with the ball in his hands the last 2 games (not so much against TB), but his body of work is shotty in blocking. He's done better the last 2 weeks. He still has much to prove, so let's let him prove it.

KC is among the league leaders in the fewest sacks given up over the past few years (inspite of what LJ says). Part of the reason for that is that Priest, T-Rich and Blaylock are good blockers.

beavis
12-18-2004, 12:50 PM
I think he as a grudge against almost everybody, considering he's been fired by almost every media outlet in town.

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 01:11 PM
C'mon man. You can't have your starting RB tearing down your head coach and offensive coordinator. He had the same issues with JoPa. He's trouble, and all he cares about is himself.
Maybe he just doesn't get along with senile old fools like VD and JoPa.

Sure-Oz
12-18-2004, 01:17 PM
I'll let his play speak for himself. As long as he keeps producing they don't need to be best buddies.

Frankie
12-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Leon is just exposing the Chiefs organization ......

Or maybe DV knew something we all didn't.

Frankie
12-18-2004, 07:01 PM
I can't believe all the unconditional love LJ is getting here after only two 100 yd games. Everybody was ready to dump him as a bust. Now everybody makes up excuses for his selfishness. :shake: If this GH column is true, my only interest in LJ would be that we would get some solid return for him in a trade. Preferably an up and coming defender. Let LJ be somebody else's up and coming RB. WE can do well enough with Priest and (hopefully re-signed) Blaylock for the next few years. During these years we can try to draft another good RB or hit the FA market for one. (And don't give me that Carl draft picks are all bust and then tell me LJ is god.)

Bowser
12-18-2004, 07:06 PM
I can't believe all the love LJ is getting here after 2 100 yd games. Everybody was ready to dump him as a bust. Now everybody makes up excuses for his selfishness. :shake: If this GH column is true, my only interest in LJ would be that we would get some solid return for him in a trade. Preferably an up and coming defender. Let LJ be somebody else's up and coming RB. WE can do well enough with Priest and (hopefully re-signed) Blaylock for the next few years. During these years we can try to draft another good RB or hit the FA market for one. (And don't give me that Carl draft picks are all bust and then tell me LJ is god.)

Miami has some good, young defenders........ :hmmm:

tk13
12-18-2004, 07:09 PM
As much as I like DV, his and LJ's relationship doesn't bother me much, maybe because DV's only got another year or so left and he'll make it work. I'm far more concerned about this riff between LJ and Saunders considering Saunders is probably going to be our next head coach. I'm not sure what to think about a future where we have a pretty smart offensive minded head coach whose best player doesn't want to talk to him.

Frankie
12-18-2004, 07:12 PM

Name a couple of them please. Also can someone tell me if Boss Bailey (Detroit?) is doing anything promising? (I asked this on another thread too, I know. But I was hoping we would land BB in the 2nd rd of -I think -the same draft we got LJ)

Bowser
12-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Name a couple of them please. Also can someone tell me if Boss Bailey (Detroit?) is doing anything promising? (I asked this on another thread too, I know. But I was hoping we would land BB in the 2nd rd of -I think -the same draft we got LJ)

I know Miami has acouple of linebackes, and a corner that are young and promising. Their names escape me at the moment.

And,IIRC, Boss Bailey is on IR this year.

KCJake
12-18-2004, 07:20 PM
I wish LJ would STFU and play football. This guy doesn't have any respect for anyone. Except his dad and Carl Peterson :shake:

Hydrae
12-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Maybe he just doesn't get along with senile old fools like VD and JoPa.

Anyone else find it ironic to have Skip talking about others being "senile old fools?"

:p

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Anyone else find it ironic to have Skip talking about others being "senile old fools?"

:p
Hey, dickwad, I have expertise in this area.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Damn..im sick of all this LJ bashing. Everyone on this board and thousands of Chiefs fans for years have screamed that CP has failed to draft a decent RB since he has been here. It looks as though he may finally have done it and we look for new ways to bash the guy???? I dont get it? So he has a little chip on his shoulder, so what?? I think its sort of refreshing that he does, im tired of all the Vermeil and CP "Yes" men attitudes. If having a chip helps him play better, More power to him! Ill be rooting for him to succeed as long has he wears Chiefs Red and White.

tk13
12-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Damn..im sick of all this LJ bashing. Everyone on this board and thousands of Chiefs fans for years have screamed that CP has failed to draft a decent RB since he has been here. It looks as though he may finally have done it and we look for new ways to bash the guy???? I dont get it? So he has a little chip on his shoulder, so what?? I think its sort of refreshing that he does, im tired of all the Vermeil and CP "Yes" men attitudes. If having a chip helps him play better, More power to him! Ill be rooting for him to succeed as long has he wears Chiefs Red and White.
Personally it doesn't bother me that much, but I'm pretty easy going about things. I would guess he has more than a little chip on his shoulder, and my only real concerns are that he doesn't get along with Saunders and the fact that he'll go on and on about himself and not really talk much about team goals. I hope he runs for 2000 yards every season though as long as he's a Chief.

The reason he gets quite a bit of flack on this board is because one of our members went to training camp a couple years ago during his rookie year (with his kid I believe) and they went up to LJ and asked him to sign a Penn State helmet, and he was pretty harsh about it and told them he wasn't signing anything because he "don't f***ing play for Penn State anymore." We really should've put that thread in the Hall of Classics. I don't think that was very cool to do, but that's life, but on the other hand I'm not going to tell anybody they shouldn't care that he's quite egotisitical... I think some of it is misguided because he's been stuck behind the best running back in the NFL. But really all the dislike over LJ happened way before DV and LJ ever had any problems and that's why he's never been (and maybe never will be) very popular on this board Deberg.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 08:05 PM
Personally it doesn't bother me that much, but I'm pretty easy going about things. I would guess he has more than a little chip on his shoulder, and my only real concerns are that he doesn't get along with Saunders and the fact that he'll go on and on about himself and not really talk much about team goals. I hope he runs for 2000 yards every season though as long as he's a Chief.

The reason he gets quite a bit of flack on this board is because one of our members went to training camp a couple years ago during his rookie year (with his kid I believe) and they went up to LJ and asked him to sign a Penn State helmet, and he was pretty harsh about it and told them he wasn't signing anything because he "don't f***ing play for Penn State anymore." We really should've put that thread in the Hall of Classics. I don't think that was very cool to do, but that's life, but on the other hand I'm not going to tell anybody they shouldn't care that he's quite egotisitical... I think some of it is misguided because he's been stuck behind the best running back in the NFL. But really all the dislike over LJ happened way before DV and LJ ever had any problems and that's why he's never been (and maybe never will be) very popular on this board Deberg.

Thanks for the history. I can certainly see where the hatred comes into play then.

Thig Lyfe
12-18-2004, 08:28 PM

Let's trade for a safety.

Logical
12-18-2004, 08:33 PM
GH: There might not be an easier guy to like or get along with in professional sports than Al Saunders. If Saunders doesn’t get along with Leon, Leon might not be worth knowing. But he is damn fine fodder for the OTC. I hope he sticks around and makes my job almost as easy as Neil Smith did. ROFL:thumb:

Logical
12-18-2004, 08:40 PM

What I find funny is all the fans who were against even talking to let along bringing in a megawatt superstar athelete like Terrel Owens but are not defending LJ. Now that is just dumb.

Logical
12-18-2004, 08:45 PM
“I’m not going to stand there and let anybody back talk me or talk about me and try to discredit my manhood when it comes to me playing on the football field or me doing some other things.”
Larry Johnson, 610 AM
GH: No man wants his manhood discredited when doing “some other things.” That’ll turn your manhood into a scared turtle faster than you can say ‘Leon Redbone.’ ROFLROFLROFL

This Greg Hall is pretty damn funny. I really do not see why you folks dislike him.

Logical
12-18-2004, 08:50 PM
“This is snot-nose’s (Larry Johnson) first real job and the worst thing that’s been said about him is that he needs to take his diapers off? Mistreated? FIVE MILLION DOLLARS! To say that this guy has been mistreated is the dumbest statement that’s been made in months. You know what? I’ve got to go throw up. …This guy is a piss-ant and a pantywaist.”
Soren Petro, 810 AM

LOL now I can see the Leon lovers hating Petro after a statement like that. Heck I doubt if I have ever been close to that harsh.

tk13
12-18-2004, 08:52 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

This Greg Hall is pretty damn funny. I really do not see why you folks dislike him.
He can be funny, his Neilbonics columns are classic. He got in a little rut there for a while though where his entire column was high schoolesque drama quotes from the big Whitlock-Keitzman cage match....

Logical
12-18-2004, 08:53 PM
“If Derrick Blaylock would have had the good fortune in being in the game when those two long runs (by LJ) were called, he would have scored.”
Danny Clinkscale, 810 AM
GH: Diss Leon all you want about his words and actions but you have to give the dude his due. He showed some real breakaway speed and even some nice balance as he tip-toed the sideline. Saying Blaylock would have duplicated Leon’s runs is meaningless.

This is an example of why I cannot see folks laying the hate on GH. Dude is being really nice to Leon in this spot and I actually agree with him.

gblowfish
12-18-2004, 08:54 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

This Greg Hall is pretty damn funny. I really do not see why you folks dislike him.I've gotten a couple E-mails from Greg Hall in the past. He's a good fan, and he's crossed swords with a lot of media people in town because he pretty much speaks his mind and doesn't sugar coat things. I respect his courage to say exactly what he's thinking. Sometimes he comes off in print like an A-Hole (as I'm sure many of us do in some of our posts here :rolleyes: , but on balance I think he's a decent guy and a helluva KC fan, both for Royals and Chiefs.

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:02 PM
GH: The Chiefs current driver (aka Carl Peterson) isn’t good enough. Even Mike Murphy Caller can see that.
How can anyone but Titus argue with the simple logic of that point.

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:04 PM
I've gotten a couple E-mails from Greg Hall in the past. He's a good fan, and he's crossed swords with a lot of media people in town because he pretty much speaks his mind and doesn't sugar coat things. I respect his courage to say exactly what he's thinking. Sometimes he comes off in print like an A-Hole (as I'm sure many of us do in some of our posts here :rolleyes: , but on balance I think he's a decent guy and a helluva KC fan, both for Royals and Chiefs.

Exactly, and I pride myself as most everyone knows of being able to be an azzhole with the best of them. :thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2004, 09:09 PM
•“This guy (Carl Peterson) was celebrating up in the press box like no one you’ve ever seen.”
Jason Whitlock, on how giddy King Carl was about Larry Johnson’s long TD runs, 610 AM
GH: Didn’t it seem a bit overly dramatic for King Carl to be waltzing around the Chiefs sideline in a love-hug with Dick Vermeil after the Chiefs won a 49-38 mess of a game that pitted two 4-8 teams? Where are Peterson’s priorities? Just a guess here but I doubt there were many Chiefs season ticket holders dancing around their television sets at midnight after watching the hometown team’s defense give up more acreage than when the French punted the Louisiana Territory.

ROFL

That is so true.

Actually, Carl hasn't had his priorities straight since 96. When he does finally leave KC, it will be long overdue.

go bowe
12-18-2004, 09:11 PM
LOL now I can see the Leon lovers hating Petro after a statement like that. Heck I doubt if I have ever been close to that harsh.well... now that you mention it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:13 PM
well... now that you mention it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is one time your smilies served to confuse rather than clarify. Do they mean you are searching your memory banks?

go bowe
12-18-2004, 09:13 PM
How can anyone but Titus argue with the simple logic of that point.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

go bowe
12-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Exactly, and I pride myself as most everyone knows of being able to be an azzhole with the best of them. :thumb:and quite the azzhole you are, young man... :clap: :clap: :clap: :wayne: :wayne: :wayne: :) :) :)

Logical
12-18-2004, 09:17 PM
and quite the azzhole you are, young man... :clap: :clap: :clap: :wayne: :wayne: :wayne: :) :) :)

You do not need to bow, you can simply kiss the ring.:p

go bowe
12-18-2004, 09:18 PM
This is one time your smilies served to confuse rather than clarify. Do they mean you are searching your memory banks?no, i was merely noting the humor in your saying that you doubted that you had ever been that harsh...

as in, yes, you have been that harsh, and more...

how could you think otherwise! ROFL ROFL ROFL

The Bad Guy
12-18-2004, 10:51 PM
I respect the hell out of Hall because he doesn't take the Chiefs shit.

The Chiefs like to have a big fish in a small pond approach to everything and I'm glad he calls them out on their bullshit.

And LJ can still go to hell. Trent Green was getting sacked long before you got there? What the hell kind of reaction to a question is that?

He should say, my blocking has to improve, but I wouldn't expect the prima donna to talk about what he has to improve on.

Frankie
12-19-2004, 11:21 AM
And,IIRC, Boss Bailey is on IR this year.
Thx...

Frankie
12-19-2004, 11:23 AM
This guy doesn't have any respect for anyone. Except his dad and Carl Peterson :shake:
Offsetting qualities.... :p

wazu
12-19-2004, 11:29 AM

I've had some interaction with Hall. I used to write the San Diego OTC for him when he had his website, sportswaves.com. He's a good guy.