PDA

View Full Version : Help a brother out...

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 08:27 AM
As many of you may already know, after the Kansas City Chiefs, Bob Dole's second favorite entertainment in life is live music. Bob Dole enjoys it so much that Bob Dole started a website a couple of years ago to provide exposure and support for local live music and the people that make it happen.

As things have progressed, it really has helped build a sense of "community" and we're now putting on twice-yearly concert events that benefit 37 Forever.

A local highbrow magazine is running their annual "Best of..." contest and has included a "Best Local Website" category this year. If Bob Dole could tap in to the Power of the Planet as illustrated in so many online voting projects in the past, a win might help bring additional exposure to www.TexarkanaRocks.com and subsequently, the efforts of 37 Forever in the ArkLaTex.

Please take a moment to visit http://www.fslmpub.com/ballot_3.asp and enter www.texarkanarocks.com

And thanks for your support.

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 08:30 AM
Done

RedNeckRaider
12-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Done, although they may wonder why your site was the only thing I voted for :hmmm:

FloridaChief
12-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Done deal.

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 08:36 AM
As many of you may already know, after the Kansas City Chiefs, Bob Dole's second favorite entertainment in life is live music. Bob Dole enjoys it so much that Bob Dole started a website a couple of years ago to provide exposure and support for local live music and the people that make it happen.

As things have progressed, it really has helped build a sense of "community" and we're now putting on twice-yearly concert events that benefit 37 Forever.

A local highbrow magazine is running their annual "Best of..." contest and has included a "Best Local Website" category this year. If Bob Dole could tap in to the Power of the Planet as illustrated in so many online voting projects in the past, a win might help bring additional exposure to www.TexarkanaRocks.com and subsequently, the efforts of 37 Forever in the ArkLaTex.

Please take a moment to visit http://www.fslmpub.com/ballot_3.asp and enter www.texarkanarocks.com

So you want us to help you cheat? OK. Done.

morphius
12-18-2004, 08:37 AM
done

KCWolfman
12-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Done, although they may wonder why your site was the only thing I voted for :hmmm:
To keep it consistent, I also voted Bob Dole the most outrageous transexual in the Texarkana area. That way they won't get suspicious.

Earthling
12-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Did it...Now I just hope I can sleep at nights...

Earthling
12-18-2004, 08:47 AM
To keep it consistent, I also voted Bob Dole the most outrageous transexual in the Texarkana area. That way they won't get suspicious.
Good thinking! I guess I'll go back in and do the same. :thumb:

Phobia
12-18-2004, 08:49 AM
I voted for your crappy little site. I also voted for Hardees in every other category.

Were you aware that there is an annual charity event category?

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 08:49 AM

That ought to help...

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 08:52 AM
I voted for your crappy little site. I also voted for Hardees in every other category.

Were you aware that there is an annual charity event category?

Yeah... Bob Dole noticed that after he posted.

The winter fundraising event is called "TexarkanaRocks.com Birthday Bash." This year's Labor Day event probably isn't going to be on Labor Day weekend next year, and Bob Dole hasn't come up with a name yet.

Bowser
12-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Bowser would help out, but ever since Lil Stumpy convinced Bowser of childish and immature it is that Bob Dole refers to himself in the third person, Bowser has decided that he should not help Bob Dole in any of his silly endeavors. :shake:

:D

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Bowser would help out, but ever since Lil Stumpy convinced Bowser of childish and immature it is that Bob Dole refers to himself in the third person, Bowser has decided that he should not help Bob Dole in any of his silly endeavors. :shake:

Bob Dole severely underestimated the power of Li'l Stumpy.

mikey23545
12-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Done.

I also put Bob Dole's house down as "Best place to hang out for kids under 10"....

RedNeckRaider
12-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Done.

I also put Bob Dole's house down as "Best place to hang out for kids under 10".... ROFL

stumppy
12-18-2004, 10:29 AM

He's a little prick isn't he?ROFL

stevieray
12-18-2004, 10:30 AM
he aint' heavy, he's my brother.

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Yeah... Bob Dole noticed that after he posted.

The winter fundraising event is called "TexarkanaRocks.com Birthday Bash." This year's Labor Day event probably isn't going to be on Labor Day weekend next year, and Bob Dole hasn't come up with a name yet.
I've always felt Labor Day events should be held on Labor Day.

Calcountry
12-18-2004, 10:41 AM

I did it, but I didn't have a clue how to fill out the rest of the forms??? Doh.

So do you live on the Texas side, or the Arkansawyer side???

Calcountry
12-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I think that Bob Dole is makeing fun of the Real Bob Dole and it is funny as heck reading his posts.

FloridaChief
12-18-2004, 10:44 AM
I've always felt Labor Day events should be held on Labor Day.

What about Arbor Day? You got something against Arbor Day???

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 10:44 AM
I did it, but I didn't have a clue how to fill out the rest of the forms??? Doh.

So do you live on the Texas side, or the Arkansawyer side???

Despite what some would have you believe, Bob Dole lives on the Texas side. (Though Bob Dole is only 3 blocks from the state line so he can walk to the beer store if needed.)

Phobia
12-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Despite what some would have you believe, Bob Dole lives on the Texas side. (Though Bob Dole is only 3 blocks from the state line so he can walk to the beer store if needed.)

You'll live on the Texas side until they find out or your landlord has you removed - then you'll move back home, to Arkansas. Then when somebody on the internet finds out, you'll withhold comment until you find some sucker on the Texas side to let you stay for a while.

In Phobia's opinion, Bob Dole should just take up residence in a mobile box to keep everybody happy.

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 11:00 AM
You'll live on the Texas side until they find out or your landlord has you removed - then you'll move back home, to Arkansas. Then when somebody on the internet finds out, you'll withhold comment until you find some sucker on the Texas side to let you stay for a while.

In Phobia's opinion, Bob Dole should just take up residence in a mobile box to keep everybody happy.

Bob Dole doesn't have a landlord. Also, the utilities and everything are in Bob Dole's name, so they shouldn't be able to figure out Bob Dole's other identity is back in Texas.

Calcountry
12-18-2004, 11:11 AM

ROFL

Brando
12-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Anything for Bobe Dole and local music.
Done
Bob Dole may want to check out this site. This is a good friend of mine. Extremely talented.
www.mikeborgia.com

Calcountry
12-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Done
Bob Dole may want to check out this site. This is a good friend of mine. Extremely talented.
www.mikeborgia.com
Next its gonna be BOOB Dole.

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Done
www.mikeborgia.com

Good stuff. If he extends his 2005 tour over this direction, let Bob Dole know and we'll try to find some fill dates around here. We're in a perfect location for a stop between Little Rock and Dallas gigs.

Nzoner
12-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Damn I'm on a roll today,helping Bob Dole cheat and made a bogus trade in my FF league to help another brother out in protest of BS ruling.

I feel naughty.

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Damn I'm on a roll today,helping Bob Dole cheat and made a bogus trade in my FF league to help another brother out in protest of BS ruling.

I feel naughty.

How is asking people to vote "cheating"?

BTW - It appears that you can vote more than once. :rolleyes:

Nzoner
12-18-2004, 11:28 AM

BTW - It appears that you can vote more than once. :rolleyes:

Alright,now I feel really bad,10 more votes for your site coming up.

ENDelt260
12-18-2004, 11:29 AM
I have to vote my conscience.

One vote for texarkanapolkas.com comin' up.

go bowe
12-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Done, although they may wonder why your site was the only thing I voted for :hmmm:what he said...

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 11:40 AM
what he said...

Hell, Bob Dole lives here and doesn't know what to put for 90% of the damned things.

Best window display?

Rausch
12-18-2004, 11:47 AM
I left everything else empty. It still took it...

go bowe
12-18-2004, 11:49 AM

BTW - It appears that you can vote more than once. :rolleyes:yep...

and best charity event too... :thumb:

Phobia
12-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Hell, Bob Dole lives here and doesn't know what to put for 90% of the damned things.

Best window display?

Hardees.

Phobia
12-18-2004, 11:53 AM
We really need to get something obscure voted into that magazine.

Are there any palm readers in the area? I say we vote that place to Best Place To See & Be Seen.

Otter
12-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Done.

In the spirit of Christmas I suggest the following link for the "Best Window Display" catagory:

Best Window Display (http://www.newsenterpriseonline.com/content/articles/2003/12/23/news/news06.jpg)

Brando
12-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Good stuff. If he extends his 2005 tour over this direction, let Bob Dole know and we'll try to find some fill dates around here. We're in a perfect location for a stop between Little Rock and Dallas gigs.
Thanks Bob Dole! He's going to be hitting the NE/Upper Midwest this next year. I know that he wants to get to Little Rock, Austin, and Dallas at some point so I'll let you know if he makes it your way. He will be out in KC sometime early 05 and I will be pimping that on CP :thumb:

Calcountry
12-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Done.

In the spirit of Christmas I suggest the following link for the "Best Window Display" catagory:

Best Window Display (http://www.newsenterpriseonline.com/content/articles/2003/12/23/news/news06.jpg)
You should see how it looks from out here!!

stevieray
12-18-2004, 12:11 PM
People don't you understand,
BoB Dole needs a helping hand
He'll grow up to be an angry young man some day...

ooops...too late.

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 12:27 PM
We really need to get something obscure voted into that magazine.

Are there any palm readers in the area? I say we vote that place to Best Place To See & Be Seen.

Bob Dole has been entering Urology Associates of Texarkana or Bi-State Justice Building.

Braincase
12-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Who should I put in for the other categories? For best display, I put in the local headshop...

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Who should I put in for the other categories? For best display, I put in the local headshop...

That would be Modern Primitives.

Tina's Toybox is also a good choice.

go bowe
12-18-2004, 01:31 PM
That would be Modern Primitives.

Tina's Toybox is also a good choice.now that's a cute name for it...

Ultra Peanut
12-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Done, although they may wonder why your site was the only thing I voted for :hmmm:That's why I put "The Puddin' Tank" as "Best teen hangout" and "My crib" as "Best place for first date."

chiefs4me
12-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Hope my vote counts,,,,ROFL Good Luck,,,,and Merry Christmas

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Hope my vote counts,,,,ROFL Good Luck,,,,and Merry Christmas

Unless they have the thing rigged, all the votes count.

(Bob Dole has a sneaking suspicion that it's rigged. The photographer that supplies 99% of the magazine's society photos has a website...)

chiefs4me
12-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Well that sucks for Bob Dole,,,,

Phobia
12-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Unless they have the thing rigged, all the votes count.

I can confirm that it is, in fact, rigged http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106668

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Is Bob_Dole winning?

Raiderhader
12-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I tried to vote but received an error message. I guess Scott's home is not a viable option for best window display and best day spa.....

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 03:27 PM
I tried to vote but received an error message. I guess Scott's home is not a viable option for best window display and best day spa.....

Bob Dole got an error message the first time he voted, too. It worked fine on the second attempt.

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Is Bob_Dole winning?

There doesn't appear to be any way to know... Given their goofy way of setting the thing up, it appears that some poor schmuck is going to have to manually count the results.

Raiderhader
12-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Bob Dole got an error message the first time he voted, too. It worked fine on the second attempt.

I received an error message after trying once more. I'll try again later.

Bob Dole
12-18-2004, 03:41 PM
I received an error message after trying once more. I'll try again later.

Strange. Bob Dole just submitted it without a problem.

4th and Long
12-18-2004, 03:41 PM
There doesn't appear to be any way to know... Given their goofy way of setting the thing up, it appears that some poor schmuck is going to have to manually count the results.
For Bob_Dole's sake, hopefully those manual votes won't be done in Florida.

- 4th
Punched his ballot properly to avoid any hanging chads.

Fairplay
12-18-2004, 05:52 PM
You are an all right dude Bob Dole, its a done deal.

Bob Dole
12-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Thanks to everyone who has voted and continues to vote. :)

RedNeckRaider
12-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks to everyone who has voted and continues to vote. :)Can you vote more than once?

Raiderhader
12-19-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm still getting the error message....

PastorMikH
12-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Put me down for a vote - and this afternoon when I get on the home computer, I'll toss up another vote for you.

Bob Dole
12-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Can you vote more than once?

It appears that everyone but the teletubby can submit more than one vote.

Bob Dole
12-19-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm still getting the error message....

Try it starting with the first page and see if it works any better.

http://www.fslmpub.com/ballot_1.asp

RedNeckRaider
12-19-2004, 09:19 AM
It appears that everyone but the teletubby can submit more than one vote.
I just did

4th and Long
12-19-2004, 09:25 AM
I voted so many time, I may have developed carpel tunnel syndrome. :cuss:

Bowser
12-19-2004, 09:44 AM
I voted so many time, I may have developed carpel tunnel syndrome. :cuss:

You've had carpel tunnel since you were thirteen! And it didn't come from voting on an internet BB!

:p

Raiderhader
12-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Try it starting with the first page and see if it works any better.

http://www.fslmpub.com/ballot_1.asp

Nope. Though it would probably be better to have people start at the begining since there is a spot for best non-profit organization....

Here is the error message -

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01fb'

An exception occurred: 'Item'

/ballot_submit.asp, line 12

Bob Dole
12-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Nope. Though it would probably be better to have people start at the begining since there is a spot for best non-profit organization....

Here is the error message -

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01fb'

An exception occurred: 'Item'

/ballot_submit.asp, line 12

That's just bizarre.

4th and Long
12-19-2004, 10:14 AM
You've had carpel tunnel since you were thirteen! And it didn't come from voting on an internet BB!

ROFL

PastorMikH
12-19-2004, 08:45 PM
B-bump

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 05:44 PM
One last resurrection from page 4.

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Jenny Gump
12-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Done. Where's my prize?

RedNeckRaider
12-20-2004, 05:50 PM
One more vote.

RNR
trying to undisappoint Bob Dole.

Bob Dole
12-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Done. Where's my prize?

No worries. Bob Dole will deliver it the next time he's up that way. :p

OldTownChief
12-21-2004, 06:49 AM
Done

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Done.

I also entered your name, Scott, as the "Best local dickweed-jerkwad" too. :thumb:

shakesthecat
12-21-2004, 08:32 AM
done

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 08:40 AM
FTR, I have officially given up on this stupid thing.

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 08:51 AM
FTR, I have officially given up on this stupid thing.

:spock:

JazzzLovr
12-21-2004, 09:10 AM

His referring to himself in the third person is creative, true to the persona, and I'm sure takes quite a bit of concentration to remain consistent.

Scott's childishness and immaturity is completely separate and has nothing to do with the fact that he refers to himself in the third person on this board.

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 09:21 AM
His referring to himself in the third person is creative, true to the persona, and I'm sure takes quite a bit of concentration to remain consistent.

Scott's childishness and immaturity is completely separate and has nothing to do with the fact that he refers to himself in the third person on this board.

LOL!

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 09:22 AM
:spock:

Wha'?

Bob Dole
12-21-2004, 10:10 AM

Oh great. Bob Dole lets down his guard and divulges his real name one time, and you plaster it all over the internet.

Dandy.

JazzzLovr
12-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Oh great. Bob Dole lets down his guard and divulges his real name one time, and you plaster it all over the internet.

Dandy.

OK, Baldy.

Skip Towne
12-21-2004, 10:54 AM

Dandy.
Actually it lent itself to the conversation.

ENDelt260
12-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Actually it lent itself to the conversation.
Wow. That was unusually clever for you, Skip.

bogie
12-21-2004, 11:05 AM
done as well

Earthling
12-21-2004, 11:05 AM
There is a kegger in this somewhere, right?

Bob Dole
01-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Bob Dole would like to thank everyone who voted. Bob Dole just received the following email.

Dear FSLM friends,

Congratulations! Our readers have nominated you for a Best of Texarkana Reader’s Choice Award. Ballots were placed in the December issues of FSLM and CLM and also on our website. We received thousands of ballots throughout the month of December.

Winners in the 75 categories will be announced during a Best of Texarkana Celebration from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 17 at Discovery Place in downtown Texarkana. Awards will be distributed and first place winners will be given the chance to use the 2005 Best of Texarkana seal in the promotion of their business for the next 12 months. Watch the mail for your personal invitation!

The Best of Texarkana special edition will be available on Friday, February 18 which will feature nominees and the winners in all categories. These issues will be available to the public in several Texarkana locations, including: restaurants, hotels, gift shops, banks, doctors’ offices and local businesses. Contact our office at 903/792-2262 for a chance to advertise in this prestigious publication to showcase your business.

Good luck and we look forward to seeing you on the 17th for an exciting,
fun-filled evening!

Sincerely,

Robin Court
Publisher

The awards event will be a great opportunity for Bob Dole to annoy the dog piss out of Texarkana's "finest."

Otter
01-27-2005, 02:37 PM
I'll bet Bob Dole used the search function to find this thread. :cuss:

Bob Dole
01-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I'll bet Bob Dole used the search function to find this thread. :cuss:

Nope.

Bob Dole made empty promises of untold riches to some moron who went back manually and found it for Bob Dole.

ENDelt260
01-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Nope.

Bob Dole made empty promises of untold riches to some moron who went back manually and found it for Bob Dole.
Son of a BITCH!

Rain Man
01-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Is it too late to vote?

Phobia
01-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Best of Texarkana?

Hell, KCJohnny has nothing on you with that Bronze Star of his....

Bob Dole
01-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Is it too late to vote?

It appears that they've alredy decided the winners.

Which ignores Bob Dole's theory that many of the winners were decided in advance of voting. FSLM is basically a local "society rag" and there are some pretty obvious choices in some categories.

For instance, Bob Dole would be willing to wager that www.seetexarkana.com wins the best website, since Donnie attends all the social events and supplies 95% of the photographs that appear in the publication.

JazzzLovr
01-27-2005, 03:14 PM
For instance, Bob Dole would be willing to wager that www.seetexarkana.com wins the best website, since Donnie attends all the social events and supplies 95% of the photographs that appear in the publication.

Jealous much?

I'm sorry, I just had to do that.

Bob Dole
01-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Jealous much?

I'm sorry, I just had to do that.

Nope. Bob Dole and Donnie actually get along well and he' got a link to Bob Dole's site on his site.

PastorMikH
01-27-2005, 03:29 PM

Wow! I didn't see that website! All those pictures make a really cool site. Had I known about that site, I know I would have voted for him.

:)

Bob Dole
02-18-2005, 09:39 AM
It worked.

Thanks to everyone who voted!

ENDelt260
02-18-2005, 10:28 AM
It worked? Meaning you won?

Phobia
02-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Where's my pie, bitch?

Bob Dole
02-18-2005, 10:52 AM
It worked? Meaning you won?

Yes, the website won.

Bob Dole
02-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Where's my pie, bitch?

In Bob Dole's belly.

Bowser
02-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Did Hooters win the best billboard category? I know I voted for that numerous times......

Bob Dole
02-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Did Hooters win the best billboard category? I know I voted for that numerous times......

Hooters received zero nominations.

Perhaps because the nearest Hooters is in Little Rock.

Bowser
02-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Hooters received zero nominations.

Perhaps because the nearest Hooters is in Little Rock.

Damn. All those wasted votes.........

Bob Dole
02-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Damn. All those wasted votes.........

After attending the event and hearing some of the winners, Bob Dole remains fairly certain that there were "wasted" votes in a number of categories.