12-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Wow. You seriously need to get laid.

Ultra Peanut
12-18-2004, 05:55 PM
I only have the Two Towers EE... :(

Count Alex's Wins
12-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Wow. You seriously need to get laid.

What girl wouldn't want a piece of me after seeing my full set of LOTR EE's?

Bowser
12-18-2004, 05:57 PM

My bad. Gump is on the way!

ROFL

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 06:39 PM
All of them.

Fairplay
12-18-2004, 06:41 PM

I don't know, what girl would?

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2004, 06:51 PM
3 of the most boring films of all time...

Count Alex's Wins
12-18-2004, 08:35 PM
3 of the most boring films of all time...

Are you naturally this stupid or did squirrels eat your brain?

marsaray
12-18-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree. LOTR is definatly underated.

Phobia
12-18-2004, 09:40 PM

I guess either squirrels ate his brain or he forgot to conform to the collective opinion of the critics. I thought they were pretty stupid, too. In fact, I couldn't even finish #2 and I won't watch #3.

Count Alex's Wins
12-18-2004, 09:43 PM
I guess either squirrels ate his brain or he forgot to conform to the collective opinion of the critics. I thought they were pretty stupid, too. In fact, I couldn't even finish #2 and I won't watch #3.

Bah, critics. I could care less. These movies are magnificent and I cried during every one.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Lord of the rings is gayer than DenverChief.

Miles
12-18-2004, 09:51 PM

Dont watch #3. It has the longest endings I have ever seen. Seriously the battle sceans are over but the movie wont f*cking end.

I enjoyed the first one and thought the second was ok but by the third the upbeat and overdramitic cheesyness was just too much. After that i finally realized how lame all three of them are.

Logical
12-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Bah, critics. I could care less. These movies are magnificent and I cried during every one.

Cried???

Makes me want to say something derogatory about you but there is nothing left that would be new and original.

LTownChief
12-18-2004, 10:12 PM
I was never a big LOTR fan, never read the books. But I watched all 3 of them and I think that it's the best triology I have ever seen

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 10:21 PM
They are good, extremely well made, written and acted. I cant get into them as much as most of the "geeks" though. They are somewhat tedious after awhile and keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Count Alex's Wins
12-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Cried???

Makes me want to say something derogatory about you but there is nothing left that would be new and original.

Some of the stuff was extremely emotional man....Sam and Frodo and all that. Plus just seeing stuff realized on the bigscreen that Tolkien fans have waited along time to see....some of this stuff is just so magnificent it overwhelms me. The music is great.

Skip Towne
12-18-2004, 10:26 PM
TWEET!!! Flag on the play. Ineligible poster on CPS© quote. 15 yd penalty and loss of post.

BigRedChief
12-19-2004, 12:00 AM
I was never a big LOTR fan, never read the books. But I watched all 3 of them and I think that it's the best triology I have ever seen

The Godfather was trilogy. 1 and 2 were better than the LOTR's trilogy even with Godfather 3 bringing 1 and 2 down on the WOW scale.

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2004, 12:03 AM
The Godfather was trilogy. 1 and 2 were better than the LOTR's trilogy even with Godfather 3 bringing 1 and 2 down on the WOW scale.

Mmm. I disagree. They certainly didn't have enough good material for extended editions and 2 full DVDs of behind-the-scenes materials.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Mmm. I disagree. They certainly didn't have enough good material for extended editions and 2 full DVDs of behind-the-scenes materials.

Who cares about behind the scenes crap? Just watch the damn movie.

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Who cares about behind the scenes crap? Just watch the damn movie.

Sorry but the lord of the rings EE sets are the best DVDs I have purchased and it is because of the extras.

MGRS13
12-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Not knocking it, I just don't get it. Now this being said, I bought the "Return of the king" for my wife for christmas to finish her collection.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Sorry but the lord of the rings EE sets are the best DVDs I have purchased and it is because of the extras.

:shake:

FloridaChief
12-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Mmm. I disagree. They certainly didn't have enough good material for extended editions

The difference between the two is that the Godfather *didn't* need to have extended editions to hook extra fans. What we have now is more than enough...

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2004, 12:33 AM
The difference between the two is that the Godfather *didn't* need to have extended editions to hook extra fans. What we have now is more than enough...

I would have bought the EE's even without the extra stuff....adding more just makes it that much better.

Pitt Gorilla
12-19-2004, 01:56 AM
I'd cry too at the realization that I just shelled out that much money for these films.

Rausch
12-19-2004, 02:00 AM
You deserve death......

That is all.

beer bacon
12-19-2004, 03:02 AM

His opinion about a movie differs from yours. Insult him quick :rolleyes:

I hate threads like this.

Rausch
12-19-2004, 03:07 AM
Cried???

I liked "Dead Alive" more than LOTR II and III....

Oh, and the ending SUCKED. Bad. Even Surfer boy in Matrix III managed a better trilogy ending...

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2004, 03:08 AM
His opinion about a movie differs from yours. Insult him quick :rolleyes:

I hate threads like this.

I didn't insult him, I insulted the crap for movies he watches. I don't even know the guy, but I know those movies suck.

beer bacon
12-19-2004, 03:11 AM
I didn't insult him, I insulted the crap for movies he watches. I don't even know the guy, but I know those movies suck.

I know that they do in fact don't suck. I also know that your favorite movies also suck. You sure do have bad taste in movies because I know they suck.

Rausch
12-19-2004, 03:15 AM
I know that they do in fact don't suck.

And I know that 2 of 3 do...

Perhaps the books were excellent, and I've heard as much. But that ending in part III was $#it. Garbage. No other way to put it. It was crap.

beer bacon
12-19-2004, 03:22 AM
And I know that 2 of 3 do...

Perhaps the books were excellent, and I've heard as much. But that ending in part III was $#it. Garbage. No other way to put it. It was crap.

The ending was fantastic. My word as far as the quality of movies is obviously correct and this matter is unchallengable.*

*Notice my opinion to the shittiness or non-shittiness of a movie is in no way obviously correct or unchallengeable. Neither is yours. Unless of course you liked Gigli, because then you are a tool.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2004, 03:28 AM
I know that they do in fact don't suck. I also know that your favorite movies also suck. You sure do have bad taste in movies because I know they suck.

Oh, a sensitive geek. I apologize.

BOW TO FROTO AND TOTO FOR THEY ARE KINGS!!! IF NOT, BEER BARON THE HOBBOT WILL BITE OFF YOUR FINGER, OR SOMETHING!!!

;)

Rausch
12-19-2004, 03:33 AM
The ending was fantastic.

And her is my "opinion."

*spoiler*

The ending sucked pig droppings.

The good guy (little hobbit screw) did NOTHING to validate his choosing as "keeper of teh ring." No, in fact, if anything, he proved every bit as worthless as that nasty crack fiend that he got it from.

He didn't stand up in the face of evil, he wasn't strong of spirit, he didn't hold up in the face of adversity...he was....WILLIAM BARTEE.

He folded in crunch time. He gave in. He broke off your car antenna and smoked a fatty rock before diving in head first for "my precious."

There is no reason why that silly, fat, hairy-footed bastidge got entrusted with the ring. There is no final validation why the greasy-haired king is deserving of the crown. And there is no reason for the blonde-hottie-subplot (ok, she's pretty hot, I'll admit) love twist between Greasy-haired-king-guy and the princess...

Rausch
12-19-2004, 03:36 AM
*Notice my opinion to the shittiness or non-shittiness of a movie is in no way obviously correct or unchallengeable. Neither is yours. Unless of course you liked Gigli, because then you are a tool.

I missed this.

Of course, a good point.

If you'd like to see Man-fleck in a good (honestly, I swear) flick check out "Glory Daze."

beer bacon
12-19-2004, 03:50 AM
Oh, a sensitive geek. I apologize.

BOW TO FROTO AND TOTO FOR THEY ARE KINGS!!! IF NOT, BEER BARON THE HOBBOT WILL BITE OFF YOUR FINGER, OR SOMETHING!!!

;)

Good one. Well at least we can agree that Jake Plummer is a putz.

More SPOILERS incoming:

And her is my "opinion."

*spoiler*

The good guy (little hobbit screw) did NOTHING to validate his choosing as "keeper of teh ring." No, in fact, if anything, he proved every bit as worthless as that nasty crack fiend that he got it from.

He didn't stand up in the face of evil, he wasn't strong of spirit, he didn't hold up in the face of adversity...he was....WILLIAM BARTEE.

He folded in crunch time. He gave in. He broke off your car antenna and smoked a fatty rock before diving in head first for "my precious."

There is no reason why that silly, fat, hairy-footed bastidge got entrusted with the ring. There is no final validation why the greasy-haired king is deserving of the crown. And there is no reason for the blonde-hottie-subplot (ok, she's pretty hot, I'll admit) love twist between Greasy-haired-king-guy and the princess...

One of the main points that I do not even remember if they address well enough on the movie version of RoTK is that the true hero is actually Samwise. He is the one that carries Frodo when he proves too weak. He is the one that takes on the ring's burden, gives it up under his own free will, and still wishes in his heart to destroy it. He is also the one that gets the truly happy life with a wife, kids, and a nice farm while Frodo is permanently damaged from the long term effects of keeping the ring.

I actually haven't seen RoTK since it was at the theater so I don't actually remember how well they get that message across. My favorite of the three by far was Fellowship of the Ring, but I still enjoyed the other two more then 99% of the movies I have seen.

My point is not that you don't have a right to think the movies are utter shit. My point is that it is dumb to act like your opinion defines if the movie was utter shit. The same things happens practically every time any two or more people discuss movies, but it is still annoying as hell.

Saulbadguy
12-19-2004, 06:28 AM
I see Indiana Jones on the top there.

Braincase
12-19-2004, 07:20 AM
UserName, you have me beat by a holiday. I have the first two (both Christmas presents) and I know I'm getting the third. I am with you that the LOTR trilogy is the best trilogy ever filmed and features the best cinematography I've ever seen. The critics on the thread are disaapointed bacause there wasn't a black velvet painting of dogs playing oker at Elron's place.

Dartgod
12-19-2004, 08:15 AM
I love these flicks...excellent trilogy IMO.

But, did I read this right? You CRIED?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.....

stevieray
12-19-2004, 08:22 AM

ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
12-19-2004, 09:58 AM
And her is my "opinion."

*spoiler*

heh... regardless Frodo > William Bartee

Jenny Gump
12-19-2004, 10:24 AM
I think the point that everyone is missing here is Bowser's comment about me. It is perceptually vague and could be misinterpreted as a prediction regarding my capacity to bed a pubeless spamming cretin who would rather get a lapdance from Frodo than leave his home to seek social interaction. This is unacceptable. I suggest Bowser receive negative rep.

:p

4th and Long
12-19-2004, 10:27 AM
ROFL ROFL I think the point that everyone is missing here is Bowser's comment about me. It is perceptually vague and could be misinterpreted as a prediction regarding my capacity to bed a pubeless spamming cretin who would rather get a lapdance from Frodo than leave his home to seek social interaction. This is unacceptable. I suggest Bowser receive negative rep.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Bowser
12-19-2004, 10:31 AM
I think the point that everyone is missing here is Bowser's comment about me. It is perceptually vague and could be misinterpreted as a prediction regarding my capacity to bed a pubeless spamming cretin who would rather get a lapdance from Frodo than leave his home to seek social interaction. This is unacceptable. I suggest Bowser receive negative rep.

Obviously, you missed the thread where Rausch said you have a poster of Aragon on the ceiling above your bed. Goatcheese has been in love since then. Why do you think he bought those box sets?

YOUR DESTINY AWAITS, JEN-NAY!!!11!!!!111!

:fire:

Fairplay
12-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Some of the stuff was extremely emotional man....Sam and Frodo and all that. .

Seriously dude, the way Sam and Frodo would gaze at each other a few times i thought there was going to be a homo scene in it. Sickening.

Jenny Gump
12-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Obviously, you missed the thread where Rausch said you have a poster of Aragon on the ceiling above your bed. Goatcheese has been in love since then. Why do you think he bought those box sets?

YOUR DESTINY AWAITS, JEN-NAY!!!11!!!!111!

:fire:

"Obviously" I have missed my target completely. However, if your statement is true, then Rausch will receive my wrath.

Actually, I will probably just positive rep him, since he bought me beer...and pizza...this always scores points.

chiefs4me
12-19-2004, 10:54 AM
It's almost christmas,,,,do we have to fight about everything. And why are we fighting each other over a movie when the donkey's are coming to town. We should all be over at the (mange)giving them hell. Now with that said,,if you didn't like the movie fine,,,shut your mouth and move on,,,okay carry on.

Fairplay
12-19-2004, 10:55 AM
It's almost christmas,,,,do we have to fight about everything. And why are we fighting each other over a movie when the donkey's are coming to town. We should all be over at the (mange)giving them hell. Now with that said,,if you didn't like the movie fine,,,shut your mouth and move on,,,okay carry on.

Gives us something to do until the game.

Sure-Oz
12-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I loved the LOTR Trilogy but damn they were long as hell. ESP the ending to 3, i thought it was over like 5 times, I only saw the 2nd and 3rd in theaters.

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 11:12 AM
The difference between the two is that the Godfather *didn't* need to have extended editions to hook extra fans. What we have now is more than enough...If the Godfather had been made in 2003, there would have been a seven-disc special edition DVD set for it.

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 11:14 AM
And there is no reason for the blonde-hottie-subplot (ok, she's pretty hot, I'll admit)Uh... Legolas was a dude, dude.

whoman69
12-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Dont watch #3. It has the longest endings I have ever seen. Seriously the battle sceans are over but the movie wont f*cking end.

I enjoyed the first one and thought the second was ok but by the third the upbeat and overdramitic cheesyness was just too much. After that i finally realized how lame all three of them are.
Actually, the books don't end with the battles either. In the books the evil wizard Saruman has taken over the Shire and the hobbits have to depose him.

RedNFeisty
12-19-2004, 12:05 PM

I cried like a baby in 3. Started when Eowyn took off her helmet and said she was no man. After that the hairs on my arms were standing on end and the adrenaline was pumping, but I did the same thing watching Natural Born Killers, so go figure!!

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 01:39 AM

OK, sorry to raise the dead, but this is the first time I am going to call you a dumbass.

You are a dumbass.

OK, now that that's out of the way, let me explain why. THE ENDING IN THE MOVIE AND THE ENDING IN THE BOOK IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

Can you give me a reason WHY Frodo needs to show he is pure of heart and all that bullcrap? If anything that would be cliche and hollywoodized.

No reason why he was entrusted? Um, hello? At the beginning it was clear Frodo did not have an ounce of evil in him and would not even think of using the ring for evil. But he carried it for so long that it corrupted him.

No reason why Aragorn should be King? Um, other than that it's his FREAKING BLOODLINE?

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 01:40 AM
I loved the LOTR Trilogy but damn they were long as hell. ESP the ending to 3, i thought it was over like 5 times, I only saw the 2nd and 3rd in theaters.

They had to be long as hell to do justice to the books.

They chopped the story up to pieces in the cartoon versions and it sucked.

People with ADD need not apply...

LTownChief
12-20-2004, 02:32 AM

I love the Godfathers, no doubt about it. I own the triology. The movies are so different and the times. Maybe I should take it back, LOTR is ONE of the best triology's I've seen. Godfather, Star Wars, LOTR's are probably the top 3 for me. Indiana Jones gets on the top 5 probably, Die Hard would crack top 10, Matrix is definately top 5

Here is my list of my favorite triology's

Godfather
LOTR
Star Wars
Matrix
Indiana Jones
Terminator
Die Hard
Austin Powers
American Pie
Back to the Future

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Austin Powers and American Pie?

Ban him.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2004, 03:07 AM
I never read the books. Seems to me, though, you could've skipped the 2nd movie and went straight to the 3rd. I don't know though, I slept through alot of it...

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 03:11 AM
I never read the books. Seems to me, though, you could've skipped the 2nd movie and went straight to the 3rd. I don't know though, I slept through alot of it...

The 2nd movie is key...

Resurrection of Gandalf
Appearance of Theoden and the Rohan
Character development of Aragorn, Frodo, Sam
Introduction of Gollum
Bitchslappin' of Saruman

DaWolf
12-20-2004, 05:51 AM

I liked the movies and was fine with the ending but this line is just classic... ROFL

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 03:03 PM
It's almost christmas,,,,do we have to fight about everything.

Yes.

Ultra Peanut
12-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Can you give me a reason WHY Frodo needs to show he is pure of heart and all that bullcrap? If anything that would be cliche and hollywoodized.

No reason why he was entrusted? Um, hello? At the beginning it was clear Frodo did not have an ounce of evil in him and would not even think of using the ring for evil. But he carried it for so long that it corrupted him.Agreed.

Dartgod
12-20-2004, 03:27 PM
One more time...

You CRIED?

*sigh*

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 03:32 PM
One more time...

You CRIED?

*sigh*

The movies are extremely emotional man...how can you not tear up just a little when Sam says... "I can't carry it for you, Mister Frodo. But I CAN CARRY YOU!" And the music swells.............. :deevee:

Dartgod
12-20-2004, 03:34 PM
The movies are extremely emotional man...how can you not tear up just a little when Sam says... "I can't carry it for you, Mister Frodo. But I CAN CARRY YOU!" And the music swells.............. :deevee:
Yeah. I , uh....bawled like a baby. :rolleyes:

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah. I , uh....bawled like a baby. :rolleyes:

Come on man, it's not like I was crying during Lethal Weapon 3 or something.

beavis
12-20-2004, 03:49 PM
You're a tool.

hellhead
12-20-2004, 06:00 PM

You cried?

Braincase
12-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I'd make alot more fun of the kid if I didn't see so much of myself in him... except for the part where he doesn't earn 8 high school letters and at least get a hummer from a hot chick from the Catholic School across town.

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 06:05 PM
I'd make alot more fun of the kid if I didn't see so much of myself in him...

Did someone hack your account?

There's no way in hell a normal, red-blooded American male would ever admit that shit publicly.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 06:16 PM
You cried?

Sure, they were very emotional movies. I wasn't the only one:

Emotional Nerds (http://www.pvpforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95907&highlight=cried)

Jenny Gump
12-20-2004, 06:55 PM
I can't believe you called Rausch a dumbass. Wow. If you ever decide to come out of your bedroom, I would avoid walking by windows.

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Sure, they were very emotional movies. I wasn't the only one:

Emotional Nerds (http://www.pvpforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95907&highlight=cried)

Birds of a feather and all that.

Dipshit.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:02 PM
I can't believe you called Rausch a dumbass. Wow. If you ever decide to come out of your bedroom, I would avoid walking by windows.

Rausch was clearly being a dumbass. Calling something stupid because you don't understand it is the height of dumbassery.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Birds of a feather and all that.

Dipshit.

That was my point. Dipshit.

Jenny Gump
12-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Rausch was clearly being a dumbass. Calling something stupid because you don't understand it is the height of dumbassery.

Stupid.

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 07:04 PM
That was my point. Dipshit.

On a serious note.

How did you escape from the theater's Orc Horde if you were all misty-eyed?

ENDelt260
Rausch is a pussy.

That said, I would like to suggest that gochiefs stay away from windows anyway. Just as a public service. Wouldn't want any innocent citizens to accidentally catch a glimpse of "him".

Count Alex's Wins
On a serious note.

How did you escape from the theater's Orc Horde if you were all misty-eyed?

Ummm...not quite sure I follow you.

Jenson71
12-20-2004, 07:05 PM
LOTRs were okay for a bunch of computer cartoons.

Jenson71
I bought this today...now this is film..

Behold

http://www.criterionco.com/content/images/full_boxshot/30_box_348x490.jpg

Bob Dole
Ummm...not quite sure I follow you.

Bob Dole is fairly certain that you can't.

Tardutan.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:06 PM
LOTRs were okay for a bunch of computer cartoons.

Speaking of dumbasses...

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Bob Dole is fairly certain that you can't.

Tardutan.

What did you mean by Orc Horde?

FloridaChief
12-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I bought this today...now this is film..

Behold

http://www.criterionco.com/content/images/full_boxshot/30_box_348x490.jpg

Damn dude, I'm jealous. Enjoy that one...

Jenson71
12-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Speaking of dumbasses...

It's one step below PIXAR, movies designed for the video game generation. But you laughed, and you cried, and that's what really mattered.

Jenson71
12-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Damn dude, I'm jealous. Enjoy that one...

And I also picked up Touch of Evil. And outside, the snow is blowing. Things are looking up this Christmas.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:13 PM
It's one step below PIXAR, movies designed for the video game generation.

Now you're just being a retard.

Jenny Gump
12-20-2004, 07:13 PM
And I also picked up Touch of Evil. And outside, the snow is blowing. Things are looking up this Christmas.

I WANT IT TO SNOW!!!!

My boyfriend hates the cold, and I like to make fun of his weaknesses.

RedNeckRaider
12-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Now you're just being a retard.
Black says the pot!!!!!!!!!

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 07:16 PM
I WANT IT TO SNOW!!!!

What a lucky guy.

FloridaChief
12-20-2004, 07:18 PM
What a lucky guy.

Synchophant.

chiefs4me
12-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Yes.

No :harumph:

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Synchophant.

Did you mean sycophant?

And, uh, my last post was sarcastic.

ENDelt260
No :harumph:
FOAD

Bob Dole
Synchophant.

[sic]

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 07:21 PM
I WANT IT TO SNOW!!!!

I think your boyfriend is a figment of your imagination. I never see him when I'm looking in your windows.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:22 PM
I think your boyfriend is a figment of your imagination. I never see him when I'm looking in your windows.

That's because I never leave my room. Look in MY window.

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Look out, Skip! JBret's flirting with you. He must've gotten it into his head that you're a chubby chaser.

FloridaChief
12-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Did you mean sycophant?

And, uh, my last post was sarcastic.

No, I meant synchophant. Or maybe yes, I did mean Sycophant Or maybe I meant sinfonietta....Obviously dictionary.com is no help at all. I didn't even get in the ballpark. This is sad.

How could you expect me to recognize sarcasm at this point?

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 07:27 PM
How could you expect me to recognize sarcasm at this point?

I'm sorry. Are you drunk already? I keep forgetting you're a couple of hours ahead of me.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 07:28 PM
That's because I never leave my room. Look in MY window.
Being forced to see your fugly mug in your sig is enough to make me hurl. Please remove it as a public service. You're hideous.

FloridaChief
12-20-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm sorry. Are you drunk already? I keep forgetting you're a couple of hours ahead of me.

No, but I'm down w/ a self-esteem shame spiral as we speak...

Rausch
12-20-2004, 07:30 PM
OK, sorry to raise the dead, but this is the first time I am going to call you a dumbass.

You are a dumbass.

You have never proven to have the ability to ascertain what is and isn't dumbass, much to your own detriment.

OK, now that that's out of the way, let me explain why. THE ENDING IN THE MOVIE AND THE ENDING IN THE BOOK IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

So they both have $3itty endings then.

No, that was the point. They believed the hobbit was the most honest among them, which is why he got the ring in the first place. They trusted him with it, trusting him to do the right thing.

He didn't. He got lucky.

No reason why he was entrusted? Um, hello? At the beginning it was clear Frodo did not have an ounce of evil in him and would not even think of using the ring for evil.

This is in direct contradiction to what you posted above. "He shouldn't be of perfect character because that would be cliche, but he proves to be cliche at the beginning. But it ROCKED!"

Uh, ok.

But he carried it for so long that it corrupted him.

Once again, proving he wasn't strong enough to do what was asked.

He didn't do anything noble, at the end, to complete his mission. In fact, he scrwed it up, got greedy and cracked out and REFUSED do destroy it. He wanted it for himself, showing he's just as greedy and weak as anyone else in the story.

No reason why Aragorn should be King? Um, other than that it's his FREAKING BLOODLINE?

That's the point. He EARNED nothing. He just showed up in every scene and said "I WAS BORN to be king, respect mah' authora-tah!" Did he fight?

Sure. But so did the midget, dwarf, and dead wizard. I'm supposed to respect this king because he was BORN a prince, and that alone?

Eh, no thanks.

FloridaChief
No, but I'm down w/ a self-esteem shame spiral as we speak...

Oh shit--did I misspell spiral?

Count Alex's Wins
Being forced to see your fugly mug in your sig is enough to make me hurl. Please remove it as a public service. You're hideous.

JennyGump likes it.

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 07:33 PM
JennyGump likes it.
If that were true it could only be because she was using it as a tool to assist in her bulimia.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:34 PM
You have never proven to have the ability to ascertain what is and isn't dumbass, much to your own detriment.

So they both have $3itty endings then.

No, that was the point. They believed the hobbit was the most honest among them, which is why he got the ring in the first place. They trusted him with it, trusting him to do the right thing.

He didn't. He got lucky.

This is in direct contradiction to what you posted above. "He shouldn't be of perfect character because that would be cliche, but he proves to be cliche at the beginning. But it ROCKED!"

Uh, ok.

Once again, proving he wasn't strong enough to do what was asked.

He didn't do anything noble, at the end, to complete his mission. In fact, he scrwed it up, got greedy and cracked out and REFUSED do destroy it. He wanted it for himself, showing he's just as greedy and weak as anyone else in the story.

That's the point. He EARNED nothing. He just showed up in every scene and said "I WAS BORN to be king, respect mah' authora-tah!" Did he fight?

Sure. But so did the midget, dwarf, and dead wizard. I'm supposed to respect this king because he was BORN a prince, and that alone?

Eh, no thanks.

You still haven't answered why Frodo has to prove he's pure of heart.

IT IS WHAT IT IS. Frodo was good, the Ring corrupted him. That was the point Tolkien was trying to make. Nothing is evergreen. That's why in the book they go back to the Shire and it's a mess.

As for Aragorn, he led the troops at Helm's deep, he saved the day at Minas Tirith (only HE could command the army of the dead due to his lineage and the sword), and he led again before the Black Gates of Morder. He is the LEADER OF MEN. RIGHTFUL HEIR AND KING.

Rausch
12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
I WANT IT TO SNOW!!!!

Well, it appears you guys are well on your way to being married...

Is a 12 pack an acceptable wedding gift?

Jenson71
12-20-2004, 07:39 PM

Well, now it sounds like the neighbor kids are pegging my car with ice/snow balls.

Take the bad with the good, eh...

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Well, now it sounds like the neighbor kids are pegging my car with ice/snow balls.

That's me. The snowballs are CGI.

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 07:41 PM

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/kwik-e-simpsons/wallpapers/nelson-800x600.gif

Ha ha.

Jenson71
12-20-2004, 07:43 PM
That's me. The snowballs are CGI.

ah, amazing you can't pick up some women on your sense of humor alone.

Rausch
12-20-2004, 07:45 PM
You still haven't answered why Frodo has to prove he's pure of heart.

Because, what's the point if he isn't? That bad stuff corrupts people?

Wow. That's deep. Why make me sit through 9 hours for that message?

IT IS WHAT IT IS. Frodo was good, the Ring corrupted him. That was the point Tolkien was trying to make. Nothing is evergreen. That's why in the book they go back to the Shire and it's a mess.

As for Aragorn, he led the troops at Helm's deep, he saved the day at Minas Tirith (only HE could command the army of the dead due to his lineage and the sword), and he led again before the Black Gates of Morder. He is the LEADER OF MEN. RIGHTFUL HEIR AND KING.

Again, you aren't getting it. He was BORN with a name, and all he needed was that name the whole way through. If Frodo would have been born with that name the dead guys would fight for him. That's the point.

Think of it like ROTJ, what if Luke wasn't a good guy and decided HE wanted to be the next Emperor, so him and Vader slug it out and just HAPPEN to knock Old Crusty off that bridge on accident?

Good ending? No.

Luke was a good guy who REFUSED to go to the dark side, willing to sacrifice his own life in an attempt to save his father's "soul."

The hobbit just cracked out, fought with a nasty little bastard, and got lucky.

See the difference...

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Luke was a good guy who REFUSED to go to the dark side, willing to sacrifice his own life in an attempt to save his father's "soul."

The hobbit just cracked out, fought with a nasty little bastard, and got lucky.

See the difference...

If Luke had turned to the darkside, offed Vader and joined Palpatine, that would have been an acceptable ending.

Hell, the ending of Empire Strikes Back is dark as hell with Luke doing nothing but getting his ass kicked before R2 accidentally saves the day. Does that make it a shit ending? HELL NO!

EVERYTHING DOES NOT HAVE TO BE HAPPY-HAPPY-JOY-JOY.

You need to read the books. Then you will understand.

Oh, as for Aragorn, he needed more than the name. He wasn't even willing to accept his fate until Gandalf talked him into it. He spent 80+ years being a Ranger before taking the throne.

Rausch
12-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Oh, as for Aragorn, he needed more than the name. He wasn't even willing to accept his fate until Gandalf talked him into it. He spent 80+ years being a Ranger before taking the throne.

Making him an even more worthless character.

The only reason he even did what he did was because of his name, and some other dude pestering him until he agreed. Hate the character even more now.

And it doesn't all have to be happy-happy-joy-joy. I liked all the Star Wars flicks (though not in a retarded-compulsive was like youself) and like you said, some were dark.

I like dark stuff.

But reading the book won't make me like it more.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Making him an even more worthless character.

The only reason he even did what he did was because of his name, and some other dude pestering him until he agreed. Hate the character even more now.

He did it because he realized he had to...if he didn't, middle-earth would get its ass kicked.

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 08:02 PM

Nickelback kicks ass.

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Nickelback kicks ass.
Fag.

Rausch
12-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Fag.

Indeed...

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Fag.

Who has a broken sarcasm meter now?

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Nickelback kicks ass.

Some band?

Rausch
12-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Some band?

If you want to call them that...

Inspector
12-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Wow Username, I didn't know you were gay.

Welp, learn something everyday.

Oh and the obligatory: "NTTAWWT"

chiefs4me
12-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Nickelback kicks ass.

not a bad band at all,,,,but does Bob Dole say this,,,,ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Wow Username, I didn't know you were gay.

Welp, learn something everyday.

Oh and the obligatory: "NTTAWWT"

Crying at the movies does not make you gay.

Inspector
12-20-2004, 10:34 PM

Oh. I thought it did.

I'll make a note of that.

Thanks.

(...still trying to figure out what makes UserName gay......)

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 10:48 PM
JennyGump likes it.
You can't possibly believe any woman is interested in you. If they were, you wouldn't be a 23 year old virgin. And I must tell you that sig pic of yours shows just how ugly you are. You are really one f*cked up individual.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 10:49 PM
You can't possibly believe any woman is interested in you. If they were, you wouldn't be a 23 year old virgin. And I must tell you that sig pic of yours shows just how ugly you are. You are really one f*cked up individual.

At least I don't use webTV.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 11:05 PM
At least I don't use webTV.
Wow!! That's some strong smak. Your not only ugly but stupid as well. Seriously, take a good look at your sig pic. Can't you see how hideously ugly you are? Why would you display something like that? I'm willing to bet you stay a virgin for a very long time. And I must say you deserve it. You have absolutely no taste whatsoever.

Jenny Gump
12-20-2004, 11:16 PM

That's true. However, asking a guy named Mitchell to stick his weiner up your ass DOES make you gay....just for the record.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Wow!! That's some strong smak. Your not only ugly but stupid as well. Seriously, take a good look at your sig pic. Can't you see how hideously ugly you are? Why would you display something like that? I'm willing to bet you stay a virgin for a very long time. And I must say you deserve it. You have absolutely no taste whatsoever.

Hotter than 52% of the guys on hotornot.com!

No taste? AT LEAST I DON'T USE WEBTV, GEEZER! ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 11:19 PM
That's true. However, asking a guy named Mitchell to stick his weiner up your ass DOES make you gay....just for the record.

Good. I have never made such a request.

The Roy's might want to hear about Scanlon though.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Well, you ignorant dipshit, I guess Jenny isn't going to back you up. What woman would? You can believe that hot or not deal but you didn't do as well as you believe even on that. What is more telling is your total inability to score a woman. Maybe you should start telling the girls what hotornot said. Or better yet, go back to using your hand. You are a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'll bet you don't get laid until you're 30 and then you'll have to pay for it.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Well, you ignorant dipshit, I guess Jenny isn't going to back you up. What woman would? You can believe that hot or not deal but you didn't do as well as you believe even on that. What is more telling is your total inability to score a woman. Maybe you should start telling the girls what hotornot said. Or better yet, go back to using your hand. You are a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'll bet you don't get laid until you're 30 and then you'll have to pay for it.

Does bagging on me make you feel better about yourself? You are a sad, sad old man.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Does bagging on me make you feel better about yourself? You are a sad, sad old man.
It should be obvious to you by now that you have absolutely no friends on this board. Why do you insist on staying where you are not wanted? I am near the top in both posts and rep so apparently you are dead wrong about me being a sad, sad old man. But that is not unusual for you. You are probably the most despicable human being I have ever encountered. You should be kicked off this board for good. Not that you haven't been before. You make me absolutely ill just looking at your avatar and your sig. You have an enemy for life. Neg rep to follow. Repeatedly.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 11:44 PM
It should be obvious to you by now that you have absolutely no friends on this board. Why do you insist on staying where you are not wanted? I am near the top in both posts and rep so apparently you are dead wrong about me being a sad, sad old man. But that is not unusual for you. You are probably the most despicable human being I have ever encountered. You should be kicked off this board for good. Not that you haven't been before. You make me absolutely ill just looking at your avatar and your sig. You have an enemy for life. Neg rep to follow. Repeatedly.

http://jenniphersgallery.com/larfff.gif