PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here have an opinion on the new Napster?

Bowser
12-18-2004, 06:04 PM
How good is the song selection, is the price outrageous, or does Napster suck Iowanians baows?

If Napster is not your preferred site for tunes, what is?

Bowser
12-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Anyone? Bueller?

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 09:02 AM
You mean the one in which you PAY for MUSIC? :LOL:

Hydrae
12-19-2004, 06:48 PM
So if you don't pay for music, where you finding it?

Count Zarth
12-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Bittorrent sites. They blow away Kazaa or Napster in ANY incarnation. You can download whole albums at the click of a couple buttons.

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Bittorrent sites. They blow away Kazaa or Napster in ANY incarnation. You can download whole albums at the click of a couple buttons.Yeah, but they're shit if you're looking for a specific song, or something obscure...

I still miss Audiogalaxy.

Count Zarth
12-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah, but they're shit if you're looking for a specific song, or something obscure...

I still miss Audiogalaxy.

What are you looking for?

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 06:56 PM
At the moment? Nothing, really.

I mostly just download the occasional impulsive "hmm, I'd like to have that" song nowadays.

Count Zarth
12-19-2004, 06:57 PM
At the moment? Nothing, really.

I mostly just download the occasional impulsive "hmm, I'd like to have that" song nowadays.

I can usually find those on kazaa lite resurrection.

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 07:00 PM
I can usually find those on kazaa lite resurrection.Eh, it's hit and miss. Most of the time it's fine, though. Bittorrent is extremely nice if you can find what you're looking for, though.

Count Zarth
12-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Eh, it's hit and miss. Most of the time it's fine, though. Bittorrent is extremely nice if you can find what you're looking for, though.

http://trackerwww.prq.to/frame.html

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 07:01 PM
The site might be somewhat slow, as we suddenly got a huge jump in traffic..."DAMN YOU, GOCHIEFS! You're bogging down our site!"

Bowser
12-19-2004, 07:07 PM
I used to use WINMX for all my musical download needs, but that chick got sued for like a billion dollars and I got gun shy and deleted the whole setup. My library is now becoming quite outdated, and was curious where people around here went. Napster offers unlimited downloads for like $9.95 a month. I admit I'm not so in the know when it comes to computers. What is a bittorrent site, JBret?

jahhluv
12-19-2004, 07:08 PM
If you are gonna pay for songs Rhapsody is the best 10 cents cheaper per song than the comp does but I think you need to pay for the service but the service rocks in its own right.

Bowser
12-19-2004, 07:10 PM
If you are gonna pay for songs Rhapsody is the best 10 cents cheaper per song than the comp does but I think you need to pay for the service but the service rocks in its own right.

I'll give it a look. :thumb:

Count Zarth
12-19-2004, 08:15 PM
I used to use WINMX for all my musical download needs, but that chick got sued for like a billion dollars and I got gun shy and deleted the whole setup. My library is now becoming quite outdated, and was curious where people around here went. Napster offers unlimited downloads for like $9.95 a month. I admit I'm not so in the know when it comes to computers. What is a bittorrent site, JBret?

Same stuff that DRU uses for his highlights.

Just do a google search for bitorrent.