PDA

View Full Version : Who is gonna be this years' Chiefs?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Who is one and done in the playoffs this year?

My guess is Atlanta in the NFC, and San Diego in the AFC.

RedandGold
12-18-2004, 09:50 PM
I agree with Atlanta, but I think SD will win one before they go out.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Definately Atlanta in the NFC. IM starting to think that San Diego may win 1 game at least. Id say Denver or Baltimore if they make it in.

tk13
12-18-2004, 09:57 PM
I think you guys are overestimating the rest of the NFC... of the three teams the Falcons could play right now, they could get the Packers, Seahawks, or Vikings. I don't know if I like any of them beating Atlanta on the road, not a real good defense amongst them, none of them are even top 20. The Panthers obviously could beat them but right now it looks like they'd be a 6 seed at best (unless Minn. collapses again) so they'd have to play Philly in the 2nd round.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2004, 10:03 PM
I think you guys are overestimating the rest of the NFC... of the three teams the Falcons could play right now, they could get the Packers, Seahawks, or Vikings. I don't know if I like any of them beating Atlanta on the road, not a real good defense amongst them, none of them are even top 20. The Panthers obviously could beat them but right now it looks like they'd be a 6 seed at best (unless Minn. collapses again) so they'd have to play Philly in the 2nd round.

Speaking of Philly, like I mentioned in the other thread, if they lose again something just isn't right with that team. Whether it's the pressure, McNabb not performing in crunch time games, or whatever, they just can't seem to get it done and will probably see some changes...again. I'm rooting for them, actually, because I don't like to see failure outside of the AFC West.

One of the teams I wouldn't be surprised losing in the first game is the Steelers. They remind me of the 95 Chiefs. I like Big Ben, but it'll be a different game in the playoffs.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 10:05 PM
One of the teams I wouldn't be surprised losing in the first game is the Steelers. They remind me of the 95 Chiefs. I like Big Ben, but it'll be a different game in the playoffs.

At least they have a competent Kicker and QB.

tk13
12-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Speaking of Philly, like I mentioned in the other thread, if they lose again something just isn't right with that team. Whether it's the pressure, McNabb not performing in crunch time games, or whatever, they just can't seem to get it done and will probably see some changes...again. I'm rooting for them, actually, because I don't like to see failure outside of the AFC West.

Terry Bradshaw was going nuts on the FOX pre-game show today, it was hilarious... kept talking about how we had all these crappy 5 and 6 win teams fighting for playoff air time on FOX and how the whole conference stinks. It's definitely Philly's conference to lose. I really think Atlanta's the 2nd best team in the NFC right now.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2004, 10:10 PM
If Philly doesnt make it to the Super Bowl this year it will be one of greatest Choke jobs in the history of the NFL. They are undoubtably the class of the NFC, but McNabb does seem to choke up a bit in crunch time. It will be interesting to wach them in the playoffs.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2004, 10:26 PM
What is worse? Going to 3 straight NFC Championship games and losing all of them, or going to 4 straight Super Bowls and losing all of them?

MGRS13
12-18-2004, 11:41 PM
If they make it Denver....but wouldn't that make them this years broncos?

Miles
12-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Atlanta in NFC and Steelers in AFC. Im going with teams that will get the first round bye so the loss will be more KC style.

Logical
12-19-2004, 12:20 AM
First it has to be a team that gets a bye and loses their first game. That makes the candidates to date New England, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Atlanta.

Of those I would say Atlanta is the most likely, with Pittsburgh being the 2nd most likely.

FloridaChief
12-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Of those I would say Atlanta is the most likely, with Pittsburgh being the 2nd most likely.

Agreed.

2bikemike
12-19-2004, 12:28 AM
First it has to be a team that gets a bye and loses their first game. That makes the candidates to date New England, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Atlanta.

To be KC like I will agree with all that as well. But I also think Chargers lose first round and the NFC is too up in the air.

Rausch
12-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Who is one and done in the playoffs this year?

My guess is Atlanta in the NFC, and San Diego in the AFC.

Ditto...

Atlanta is the most overrated team since Manning started tossing the pigskin in Indi, and the Chagahs....well...really. WTF are they going to beat?

NE? Pitt? Indi? The Jets?

Mr. Christopher
12-19-2004, 12:49 AM
My guess is either with the Chargers or the Colts in the AFC. Mary...I mean Marty has a tendency to lose out pretty quickly come playoff time.

It's anyone's guess who will be the first to go in the NFC. My prediction is Carolina and Philly in the NFC championship.