PDA

View Full Version : Would Marty accept our #1 for..........

penchief
12-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Would Marty let us have Phillip Rivers for our #1?

Now I know that defensive homers will jump and shout but what if we can get Phillip Rivers to take over for Trent? We'd have our QBOTF, LJ, Kris Wilson, Tony G., and whatever WR talent we could add.

Like I said before, I believe defense is more about attitude and work ethic (even though I believe CB is definitely a skill position). Offense is more about having playmakers at skill positions.

I think we can fix our defense through Dalton-like signings and Allen-like draft picks but when our older offensive talent fades without adequate replacement, I believe it would be a moot point.

Rain Man
12-19-2004, 11:55 AM
We've got another three years to draft a quarterback. Unless Rivers can play linebacker in the meantime, I propose that penchief be flogged for this suggestion.

HolmeZz
12-19-2004, 11:56 AM
No offense, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Skip Towne
12-19-2004, 12:00 PM
We need to draft a defense.

penchief
12-19-2004, 12:00 PM
No offense, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Really? I think it would be perfect. We've never been able to develop a QBOTF, Trent has three good years left, he is the perfect guy to teach a smart player like Rivers, and it would probably take three years for Rivers to be ready to play.

I don't think it's that far off the wall at all.

Well, it's one o'clock and I'm off to the sports bar to see LJ run wild, I hope.

RedNeckRaider
12-19-2004, 12:01 PM
I have no idea why you would want to do that, however the answer is no. Teams don't trade inside divisions

LiL stumppy
12-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Yea not the smartest thing.Plus we wouldn't have the money to pay him.

jAZ
12-19-2004, 12:41 PM
In addition to all the other reasons outlined above, the cap hit would be prohibitive.

jAZ
12-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Dallas might be willing to trade a 5th RD pick for Drew Henson right about now though.

milkman
12-19-2004, 01:25 PM
I have no idea why you would want to do that, however the answer is no. Teams don't trade inside divisions

Especially in the AFC West.

Valiant
12-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Wha??? that is stupid.. Why trade our first round pick for him, take the cap hit, and then have to pay him that money to rid the bench for three years...