PDA

View Full Version : The LJ Bandwagon is loading up.....

ChiefsFire
12-19-2004, 12:13 PM
wow LJ is looking damn fine against the #4 ranked defense....nice cutback on that last TD TRADE HOLMES

Phobia
12-19-2004, 01:47 PM
I think it may be time to enable to the search feature to determine who is driving the LJ bandwagon. I've always had the kid's back, I just don't know if I'm driving or not....

blsilks
12-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I think we should make Johnson our primary starter and trade off Holmes. Holmes is good but he is getting old, has already peaked out, and only has a few great seaons left in him. Johnson is young and even though he might not be as good as Holmes just yet, he is still good enough and has many more years left in him. I would hate to see us trade him off and loose out on a good 10 year RB.

Note: I am in no way saying that Priest Holmes sucks and should be fired.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I think we should make Johnson our primary starter and trade off Holmes. Holmes is good but he is getting old, has already peaked out, and only has a few great seaons left in him. Johnson is young and even though he might not be as good as Holmes just yet, he is still good enough and has many more years left in him. I would hate to see us trade him off and loose out on a good 10 year RB.

Note: I am in no way saying that Priest Holmes sucks and should be fired.

I agree with you somewhat, The problem is finding a team to take the bait and bite off on a trade. I seriously doubt we could get fair value in return for him, so we are better off keeping hin as our starter until he retires and keeping our outstanding RB tandem intact.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Shut-up haters! Priest is still the man! Don't forget all that he has done for us and cut him free just becasue we have another good RB. Keep them both. Imagine the double threat we can have next year. And what if one goes down with injury again?

PRIEST DESERVES OUR LOVE! Larry can be Priest Jr..

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-19-2004, 02:17 PM
BTW...I'd like to go on record as saying that I've never bashed Larry Johnson. I only bashed Vermeil for bashing Johnson. I'm not a bandwagoner.

:D

LiL stumppy
12-19-2004, 02:20 PM
I have never bashed him either.

:arrow:

Sure-Oz
12-19-2004, 02:22 PM
No way we trade Priest he is the backbone of this team, we are lucky to have a very solid guy fill in if we need it now.

Frankie
12-19-2004, 02:24 PM
No LJ bandwagon for me. Not yet anyway. To me he is surplus wealth. Evidently for real, I admit. I'd look around a league to find another up-and-coming talent in a position of need and try to trade LJ for him.

unlurking
12-19-2004, 02:29 PM
ATTENTION PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ has already stated in a recent interview that he has NO PROBLEM backing up the Priest!!!!!!!!!!!!

His problem was playing third fiddle.

We CAN and SHOULD keep both!!!!!!!!!

Spicy McHaggis
12-19-2004, 02:31 PM
LJ and Priest can be Stephen Davis and Foster for us. Well, except better since I think LJ > Foster and definately Priest > Davis. We owe Priest a lot too. Not sure if that really counts in the "what have you done for me lately" style of pro sports though.

mikey23545
12-19-2004, 02:45 PM
No LJ bandwagon for me. Not yet anyway. To me he is surplus wealth. Evidently for real, I admit. I'd look around a league to find another up-and-coming talent in a position of need and try to trade LJ for him.

As always, you are an idiot. If it isn't politics, it's football where you display your ignorance...I wallow in the display of your dumbshittedness.... ROFL

Frankie
12-19-2004, 03:41 PM
As always, you are an idiot. If it isn't politics, it's football where you display your ignorance...I wallow in the display of your dumbshittedness.... ROFL
As always you are ashamed and angry about your minuscule manhood..... LOSER!

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-19-2004, 03:53 PM
I'd look around a league to find another up-and-coming talent in a position of need and try to trade LJ for him.
C'mon Frank...trade the future of your team.......??????? :shake:

As much as I DON'T want to trade Priest, trading him would make more sense than trading LJ simply from a youth/future perspective.

Frankie
12-19-2004, 04:24 PM
C'mon Frank...trade the future of your team.......??????? :shake:

As much as I DON'T want to trade Priest, trading him would make more sense than trading LJ simply from a youth/future perspective.

I disagree. The emotional side of me wants Priest to retire a Chief. He has achieved a Chiefs icon status (ala, Lanier, Dawson Otis Taylor, Derrick Thomas). But even the logical side thinks Priest has several good years left. I'm not promoting a fire sale on LJ. I think we should seriously consider trading him for a young 'D' player with a comparable team potential. This may be the trade opportunity the Chiefs almost never get. I'm talking about a player who is another teams wealth surplus in a DE, LB or CB position. One of them "mutually benefitial" trades you keep hearing about.