PDA

View Full Version : Lets trade Priest Holmes

blsilks
12-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Trent Green and Priest Holmes are getting old and lets face it, they are about to retire. Should we as fans be looking for the Chiefs to build a defense that is just good enough to get our old timers to a Super Bowl so that they can have an excuse to go out on top and retire leaving us with a broke down offense and a good defense? We got people talking about trading LJ just so we can get a shutdown corner or MLB so we can improve the defense. We need to think long term and not trade away LJ. If we should be doing anything, it should be trading away our old timers and trying to bring in some young blood in the first round or free agency. We had our shot with our super offense and the crappy thing is our defense wasn't good enough to stand by them but lets not destroy our future offense by trying to build a better defense just so we can have enough time left to win 1 whole Super Bowl. Winning a Superbowl is no big deal. Winning 2 or 3 in a row is a big deal. We should be looking to build a dynasty. Not a one shot wonder. People remember dynasties.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-19-2004, 02:42 PM
F*CK NO

2bikemike
12-19-2004, 02:43 PM
F*CK NO

I agree! Not only no but HELLLLL NOOOOOOOOO!

TRR
Wow! Are you kidding me?

Sure-Oz
We should trade guys that start threads like this to other boards.

unlurking
Screw that.

LJ + Priest = the best GODDAMNED RB tandem in the league.

unlurking
12-19-2004, 02:44 PM
We should trade guys that start threads like this to other boards.
Too bad the OM has nothing of value!

;)

Dr. Facebook Fever
:spock:

Jeeezuzzzzzz. A few good games by a rookie (basically) and some people just forget what Priest has done for us and consider him washed up. Unbelievable.

:cuss:

cheeeefs
*AHEM*

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106756

STFU

Wile_E_Coyote
12-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Screw that.

LJ + Priest = the best GODDAMNED RB tandem in the league.

+ Roaf, Shields,T-Rich, Dunn....

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 02:48 PM
:spock:

Jeeezuzzzzzz. A few good games by a rookie (basically) and some people just forget what Priest has done for us and consider him washed up. Unbelievable.

:cuss:

I dont think anynoe is saying Priest is washed up..far from it. I think people are just trying to say that maybe its time we take a chance and make sacrifices to areas on our team that our overloaded with talent to improve other areas of our team.

blsilks
12-19-2004, 02:50 PM

Other then LJ, they are all old players and our whole offense will retire with then unfortunatly.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Other then LJ, they are all old players and our whole offense will retire with then unfortunatly.

as Priest says "Keep the Faith"

trading a bird in the hand :shake:

unlurking
12-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Of course you can't discount what this OL and blockers have done for the KC RBs, but you also can't take the Donko's approach and assume that any and every RB can play like Priest. I'd like to keep both. Blaylock is obviously the odd-man out.

blsilks
12-19-2004, 06:19 PM
OK so maybe im jumping the gun on replacing Holmes its just that im afraid they might try to trade Johnson or wait too long and then Johnson will be gone or too old. At what age(Holmes age that is) should we start looking for a future back to replace Holmes?

philfree
12-19-2004, 06:23 PM
We're gonna be good against the cap this year so we shouldn't trade anybody. As of right now LJ is our only healthy RB so............

PhilFree :arrow:

Mr. Christopher
12-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Absolutely not!

At this point, I'd prefer to see Holmes and Green finish out their careers in KC. I can understand where the argument might come from, but I think that the potential trade that we could pick up for them would not be worth just letting them finish out their careers here.

Keep Holmes and Johnson, bid a reluctant farewell to Blaylock. Keep Green, and sign on a LEGITIMATE QBoTF to groom (i.e. NOT Quinn or Germaine).

Alphaman
12-19-2004, 06:30 PM
OK so maybe im jumping the gun on replacing Holmes its just that im afraid they might try to trade Johnson or wait too long and then Johnson will be gone or too old. At what age(Holmes age that is) should we start looking for a future back to replace Holmes?

We have a future back to replace Holmes. His name is Larry Johnson. If we have learned anything it is that you must have at least 2 starter quality RBs. We can't afford to trade either one, not from a roster standpoint, not from a cap standpoint.

If you want the Chiefs to be active in Free Agency on the defensive side of the ball, then you need to hope they don't trade either. Trading either one would result in a severe cap hit.

tk13
12-19-2004, 06:35 PM
I dont think anynoe is saying Priest is washed up..far from it. I think people are just trying to say that maybe its time we take a chance and make sacrifices to areas on our team that our overloaded with talent to improve other areas of our team.
I agree with that, but if you're doing that why wouldn't you trade your best young back who is tearing up the league right now, get a plethora of draft picks, and be able to have extra 1st-4th round type draft picks to help rebuild the defense? We can score 30 points a game with any combination of Priest/Blaylock/LJ as long as we have two of them, and with the extra picks and our offensive line, we could draft another RB who could tear things up as long as he's a patient runner who can make a man or two miss.

Logical
12-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Too bad the OM has nothing of value!

;)LOL