PDA

View Full Version : Our young hopefuls.

Frankie
12-19-2004, 05:07 PM
I only paid attention to the 'D' line as a unit. So, I'm embarrassed to say I did not notice whether Jared Allen was even in the game. :redface: That said. I did notice Siavii on a couple of positive moments. Also, since CBS, in its infinite wisdom, switched away to a couple of 5-8 teams battling it out(!) I did not see Kris Wilson. I was very happy about Samie Parker. The separation he had on the TD was excellent, and he looked good on his other catches too. Too early to judge, but I get a feeling he'll be good (although he'll need to switch to a WR number). Sapp needs some work but I like his tude. Kind of Kevin Rossish.

What do you think? Chiefs future stars?

Frankie
12-19-2004, 05:09 PM
BTW, I think DV is finally trying to see the young'ns in action. That's very astute. Something Marty wouldn't have done.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Whitlock was right about Siavii right after he was drafted. He is going to take Sims job away someday. Siavii and Dalton up front gives us some serious beef.

John_Wayne
12-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Whitlock was right about Siavii right after he was drafted. He is going to take Sims job away someday. Siavii and Dalton up front gives us some serious beef. No, no, no! Sims, Siavii and Daulton will make a very nice three headed monster. Sure, I wish Sims turned out to be a monster his rookie year. That didn't happen. But he's getting better and is productive. If we got some decent cornerbacks and/or another productive defensive end, Sims will quickly get better. When the CB's are sooooooooo bad and/or when the DE's apply little or not pressure, it's hard for a DT to be very good.

unlurking
12-19-2004, 05:25 PM
No, no, no! Sims, Siavii and Daulton will make a very nice three headed monster. Sure, I wish Sims turned out to be a monster his rookie year. That didn't happen. But he's getting better and is productive. If we got some decent cornerbacks and/or another productive defensive end, Sims will quickly get better. When the CB's are sooooooooo bad and/or when the DE's apply little or not pressure, it's hard for a DT to be very good.
Gotta admit, I think the Sims/Dalton/Siavii option will be very good for our future.

To be honest, I'd be happy moving Browning to LDE (with Allen at RDE) to finish our line for next year so we can concentrate on signing a CB and LB.

Frankie
12-19-2004, 05:28 PM
No, no, no! Sims, Siavii and Daulton will make a very nice three headed monster. Sure, I wish Sims turned out to be a monster his rookie year. That didn't happen. But he's getting better and is productive. If we got some decent cornerbacks and/or another productive defensive end, Sims will quickly get better. When the CB's are sooooooooo bad and/or when the DE's apply little or not pressure, it's hard for a DT to be very good.
Excellent post. Sims is a work in progress. But I think he will eventually hit the potential they were talking about when they drafted him.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 05:31 PM

Ok your right. Sims, while not a Monster and is never going to be the pass rushing threat he was advertised as coming out of college, he is decent and far from a bust. He will only continue to steadily improve.

the Talking Can
12-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Sims will be just fine as a back-up....execpt for his salary

Logical
12-19-2004, 07:13 PM
BTW, I think DV is finally trying to see the young'ns in action. That's very astute. Something Marty wouldn't have done.

I agree and it is about time. Should have saw more of them a few games back, especially Sammie Parker. Looks like he has decent hands.

Speaking of hands, I wonder what happened to Dante, he is missing on receptions right and left this year.

go bowe
12-19-2004, 07:17 PM
I agree and it is about time. Should have saw more of them a few games back, especially Sammie Parker. Looks like he has decent hands.

Speaking of hands, I wonder what happened to Dante, he is missing on receptions right and left this year.samie looked good, that's for sure...

i noticed dante had some fingers taped together and had on thick gloves...

maybe that affected his catching today... :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Skip Towne
12-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Marty never had a shitty enough record to do it.

philfree
12-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Lot's of positives from our youth :clap: Cept my brain is still froze and I been in the car for 3 hrs. :)

PhilFree :arrow:

Rain Man
12-19-2004, 07:25 PM
I was going to make a separate post about this, but this is a good place for it, too.

We fielded a very young defense today. Our starters were:

Harts (3rd year)
Wesley (5th year)
Warfield (7th year)
McCleon (8th year)
Beisel (4th year)
Fujita (3rd year)
Mitchell (2nd year)
Hicks (7th year)
Allen (1st year)
Sims (3rd year)
Dalton (8th year)

That's not an excuse for them, and they need to get better. But there's capacity for improvement in a lot of these guys.

Frankie
12-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Should have saw more of them a few games back, especially Sammie Parker. Looks like he has decent hands.

And separation speed and that intangible WR aura about him. Granted it is only one game, but I'm very excited (and hopeful) to see what he can do in the next coupla games. Hopefully we won't be let down. Would LOVE for him to become the WR we've been craving for.

Frankie
12-20-2004, 09:45 AM
I was going to make a separate post about this, but this is a good place for it, too.

Really? You? Rain Man? Do you even know how to START a NEW thread?
;) ;)