PDA

View Full Version : Could Priest & LJ line up together in the same backfield for the Chiefs next season?

John_Wayne
12-19-2004, 04:16 PM
1. NO!! We don't trade Priest. I've been right about this all along. He's not worth as much in a trade as we fans thinks he is anyway. He's the TD king. Priest and LJ will be a nice 1-2 punch.

2. NO!! We don't trade LJ either. He could be our future star, stud RB. I've changed my opinion of him. I'll eat crow. I was wrong about him. I still think he has a bad attitude and needs to watch what he says to the media though.

3. NO!! We don't need to draft a starting, stud #1 WR or or sign one in free agency. Once again, I need to say I was wrong and eat some crow. Kennison is playing out of his mind and has a few years left. Sammie Parker finally got on the field and could be a productive #3 or #4 WR next season. Morton is having a good, productive year this year. Boerigter and Kris Wilson will be back also. Our offensive weapons should be fine. The O might even be better next year. I think our biggest worry may be keeping the O-line healthy and productive.

--All of our free agent pickups and draft picks should be on the defensive side of the ball.

Once again I ask, could LJ and Priest be in the same backfield together some next year?

Imagine this line up:

Green
Roaf
Waters
Weigman
Shields
RT (who?)
Kennison
Gonzalez
Wilson
LJ
Priest

Who would the oposing defense defend in that lineup?

Deberg_1990
12-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Yes, I hope we keep them both. Priest is likey to retire after next year no matter what happens. Morton can be let go, as next year either Horn, Borighter, Parker, Richard Smith or some other draft pick can take his place.

unlurking
12-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Agreed.

The only worry on O is the health of our OL.

Nightfyre
12-19-2004, 04:32 PM
I still think it would be cool to have:
Green
Johnson
Holmes
Wilson
Richardson

Then:
Oline
and Gonzalez.

Whos gonna run it? Which way?

John_Wayne
12-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Yes, I hope we keep them both. Priest is likey to retire after next year no matter what happens. Morton can be let go, as next year either Horn, Borighter, Parker, Richard Smith or some other draft pick can take his place. I think the Priest retirement talk is overblown. He's got a few years left in him.

John_Wayne
12-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I still think it would be cool to have:
Green
Johnson
Holmes
Wilson
Richardson

Then:
Oline
and Gonzalez.

Whos gonna run it? Which way? Wow. That's alot of beef in the backfield. Is that your goal line squad?

Nightfyre
12-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Wow. That's alot of beef in the backfield. Is that your goal line squad?
Coincidently, it also contains the most sure hands on the team too.

John_Wayne
12-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Coincidently, it also contains the most sure hands on the team too. Here's another killer line up:

Green
O-line
Gonzo
Wilson
Kennison
Boerigter
Priest or LJ

Nightfyre
12-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Saunders has options He should be excited.

Nightfyre
12-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Here's another killer line up:

Green
O-line
Gonzo
Wilson
Kennison
Boerigter
Priest or LJ
Standard Singleback formation with 2 wideouts. We do work well with it.

John_Wayne
12-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Standard Singleback formation with 2 wideouts. We do work well with it.

Yes, I know. But when you throw in Wilson instead of Dunn, you add another dimension. When you throw in Boerigter instead of Morton, you may add another dimension also. Then, you have the flexibility to add the running style of Priest or totally change the style of run by adding LJ. Wow!! Options, options, options!!

jahhluv
12-19-2004, 05:15 PM
LJ doesnt have an attitude problem thats stupid look what he does EVERY freaking time he gets the ball except the first game he played this year.I guess you dont hink he should start over Blaylock.Dick Vermeil has screwed LJ in the butt,hell throw him in everytime we have a big lead everytime we are getting are butts kicked throw him in dont bad mouth him cause he has HEART arent we supposed to praise people with heart?Dont get me wrong I would rather have Vermeil than any coach right now but all coaches make mistakes and Vermeil not playin LJ when he had the chances in the past was a mistake.

John_Wayne
12-20-2004, 09:08 AM
LJ doesnt have an attitude problem thats stupid look what he does EVERY freaking time he gets the ball except the first game he played this year.I guess you dont hink he should start over Blaylock.Dick Vermeil has screwed LJ in the butt,hell throw him in everytime we have a big lead everytime we are getting are butts kicked throw him in dont bad mouth him cause he has HEART arent we supposed to praise people with heart?Dont get me wrong I would rather have Vermeil than any coach right now but all coaches make mistakes and Vermeil not playin LJ when he had the chances in the past was a mistake. Do you have something against punctuation?